Post Reply Similiar Series
Member
66983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Finland, Vasa
Offline
Posted 12/11/07 , edited 12/11/07
Here we post tips on other similiar series and why we feel that they suit this genre.

Whenever I discuss or recommend anime to others, I usaully group Cowboy bebop and Samurai Champloo togather. Not only because they have the same director , but as they are both to me, quite laidback, well animated, good story with a nice angle to it and quite the laugh all the same.

My second and quite recent recommendation is The Black Lagoon series.
Simliar crazy concept, though not space nor edo period this time but a modern pirate like history.

plz discuss or suggest other..
Creator
1285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/07
haha, "Black Lagoon"'s exactly what i wanted to type befor i clicked on your thread. :)

Too bad, but i don't think there is anything more similar to this. I just hope Directors of Cowboy Bebop make something beautiful again in near future.
Posted 12/13/07
What is "Black Lagoon" about?
Creator
1285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/07

Ihrtkiba wrote:

What is "Black Lagoon" about?


long story short:

Our time. Group of badasses sail the sea on a motor boat and play pirate-like delivery boys. Pure action. Also funny and dramatic at times. There are two seasons, too.
The second one is still unlicensed, you can watch it here on CR.
Posted 12/14/07

bakayaro wrote:


Ihrtkiba wrote:

What is "Black Lagoon" about?


long story short:

Our time. Group of badasses sail the sea on a motor boat and play pirate-like delivery boys. Pure action. Also funny and dramatic at times. There are two seasons, too.
The second one is still unlicensed, you can watch it here on CR.


Thanks man good lookin out
Creator
1285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/14/07

Ihrtkiba wrote:


bakayaro wrote:


Ihrtkiba wrote:

What is "Black Lagoon" about?


long story short:

Our time. Group of badasses sail the sea on a motor boat and play pirate-like delivery boys. Pure action. Also funny and dramatic at times. There are two seasons, too.
The second one is still unlicensed, you can watch it here on CR.


Thanks man good lookin out


No problem. And trust me, it's really worth watching. You gotta love it if you liked samurai champloo :)

Posted 12/14/07
It has now been bumped to the top of my must list. Samurai champloo is one of my favorites so Im def goin to watch it. Again thank you
Moderator
9121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

bakayaro wrote:

haha, "Black Lagoon"'s exactly what i wanted to type befor i clicked on your thread. :)

Too bad, but i don't think there is anything more similar to this. I just hope Directors of Cowboy Bebop make something beautiful again in near future. :)


Yeah , I would recommend Cowboy Bebop too , also if you like funny with action see if you can dig up Birdy the Mighty , though I doubt you'll be able to find it.
Member
77 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
thanks everyone for recommending black lagoon, i enjoyed it
Creator
1285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
Good to hear. Here's one more similar series i found today, watching it myself now: http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=728
Not as awesome as already mentioned series, but still you'll find some similarities with Champloo.
It's REALLY not for kids, tho. Lots of violence, gore, nudity and sex scenes.
2304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / laurel delaware
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
samurai champloo is one ofa kind theres no other samurai anime thats like it
You must be logged in to post.