It's never good enough...
I watched two really good movies from Madhouse today
The Princess and The Pilot / Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku
and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time / Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
The Rest of the catalog is just loaded
LOVE LAB "We must research the everliving hell out of love"
Silver Link is starting to impress me a lot lately. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Kokoro Connect, Watamote!, Non Non Biyori, and this season's No-Rin have been some of my season favorites that they've done. I think we'll see a lot more great titles from them in the coming years.
Nisekoi has reminded me of how awesome and unique animation done by Shaft can be as well.
How are you feeling today? How are you getting by in these hard times?
Shaft & Kyoto animations.
In terms of pure visual style, I think Shaft is the best by far. Their animation is just so unique and unconventional. So Shaft is definitely my favorite. However, I do like Sunrise, Ufotable, Gainax, Trigger, and KyoAni a lot as well. Every studio has anime that I like and don't like, so I'm basing this on pure visual style.
JC Staff, Xebec, and AIC.
All nice companies with consistently interesting anime.
It takes more than pretty pictures to hook me.
Streaming is the cancer that will one day kill the US DVD/BD market.
Production IG, hands down. When it comes to quality in their animation, nobody does it better than IG. Even for shows that end up being duds, they make it look great. And for my top 10:
1. Production IG
4. A-1 Pictures
8. J.C. Staff
9. Brain's Base
10. Silver Link
Gonzo would have been high on this list if I took it five years ago, but they have since fallen off the map and haven't done anything special recently.
Avatar: Darkness, Konosuba
I'm not sure about a favorite, but I'll pay extra attention to a project if Shaft, Gohands, or Ufotable are involved.
More recently there's also Trigger, and I'm curious to see what comes out of Troyca.
Meremanoid rewatch (7/24) Record of Lodoss War rewatch (3/13)
Studio Ghibli. Not even a difficult decision.
It's foolish to fear what we've yet to see and know. ~Itachi Uchiha
Shaft and Ufotable
Somewhere on the internet
My four favourites in order
2. J.C. Staff
3. P.A. Works
Honorable Mentions: SHAFT, A-1 Picutres
Weekly posts on the season's best anime! (http://mageinabarrel.com)
production I.G. / BONES/ J.C. staff/ MADHOUSE/ and the up and comer studio TRIGGER
I want all the anime ladies...all the time
Here's my top 15 anime studio ranking:
1. BONES - I love the style this studio uses, it is my favorite in anime.
2. Production IG - amazing visuals and stunning backdrops are common with this one.
3. Madhouse - another superb studio with great animation and a wide range of ability.
4. A-1 Pictures - really has been growing on me with recent works like SAO showing what they are capable of achieving.
5. Shaft - very unique style that cannot be copied.
6. KyoAni - redefined the slice of life genre with it's simple but alluring style.
7. Sunrise - classics galore and wide range of works.
8. Manglobe - Samurai Champloo is one of their best and most fluid works.
9. Gainax - bold and over the top flair that does not disappoint.
10. AIC Build - a nice little studio with fantastic animation.
11. Silver Link - an up and coming studio to keep an eye on.
12. Brain's Base - very solid anime under their belt.
13. PA Works - small amount of works, but top notch ones at that.
14. J.C. Staff -shaky at times, but has some real gems in there too.
15. Trigger - Kill la Kill proves they are serious about being a game changer.
In spoilers are some anime productions, by studio, that really caught my attention in some way; whether it be uniqueness, fluid animation, character designs, etc...
Fullmetal Alchemist & Brotherhood
Eureka Seven & AO
Blast of Tempest
Ghost in the Shell
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Attack on Titan
Kimi ni Todoke
Eden of the East
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
Allison & Lillia
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Birdy the Mighty
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Mai Mai Miracle
The Tatami Galaxy
Wolf Children Ame and Yuki
Tetsuwan Birdy: Decode & 2
Working!! & 2
Sound of the Sky
Night Raid 1931
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
Sword Art Online
From the New World
Ore no Imōto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai.
Servant x Service
World Conquest Zvezda Plot
Puella Magi Madoka Magica series
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Clannad & After Story
K-On! & 2
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions & 2
Beyond the Boundary
The Big O
Phi Brain: Puzzle of God
Valvrave the Liberator
Michiko to Hatchin
House of Five Leaves
The World God Only Knows & 2 & 3
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Medaka Box & Abnormal
Amagami SS & SS+
Strike Witches & 2
Asobi ni iku yo!
Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai & NEXT
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Oniichan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!
Watashi ga Motenai no wa dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Non Non Biyori
Natsume's Book of Friends
Spice and Wolf 2
Progressive Animation Works
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Little Witch Academia & 2
Kill la Kill
Sento for President
3. Kyoani (the old one)
6. Production I.G.
7. J.C. Staff
I`m leaving Crunchyroll today.