First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
American Anime
3480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

TheUndeadLord wrote:

Not another one. Anime is just a cartoon. The only difference is that (most) people use the term "anime" to refer to cartoons from Japan. I don't get why people don't understand this. People in Japan refer to American cartoons as "anime". =/ So when comes down to it all anime are cartoons and all cartoons are anime, it's just what term choose to use. What pisses me off is the tards on this site who are "Omg aNiMe Iz So gReAt, iT's OnLy AnImE iF iT cOmE's FrOm JaPaN. aNiMe HaS sUcH gReAt StOrIEs aNd CaRtOoNs SuCk!!! ZOMG!!! LOLOLOL!!! [/endrant]
So to answer your question, yes, "american anime" has existed since the early 1900's.


Anime is not a cartoon, it's a type of animation just as a cartoon is a type of animation. Personally I like cartoons but I wouldn't sit and watch them from ep 1 to their finish you know? I just watch casually as episodes tend not to be linked anyway

Posted 12/22/08 , edited 12/22/08

Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:

Not another one. Anime is just a cartoon. The only difference is that (most) people use the term "anime" to refer to cartoons from Japan. I don't get why people don't understand this. People in Japan refer to American cartoons as "anime". =/ So when comes down to it all anime are cartoons and all cartoons are anime, it's just what term choose to use. What pisses me off is the tards on this site who are "Omg aNiMe Iz So gReAt, iT's OnLy AnImE iF iT cOmE's FrOm JaPaN. aNiMe HaS sUcH gReAt StOrIEs aNd CaRtOoNs SuCk!!! ZOMG!!! LOLOLOL!!! [/endrant]
So to answer your question, yes, "american anime" has existed since the early 1900's.


Anime is not a cartoon, it's a type of animation just as a cartoon is a type of animation. Personally I like cartoons but I wouldn't sit and watch them from ep 1 to their finish you know? I just watch casually as episodes tend not to be linked anyway



Yes it is.

Posted 12/22/08 , edited 12/22/08

guynamedmystery wrote:


Drkcloud wrote:


guynamedmystery wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:

Not another one. Anime is just a cartoon. The only difference is that (most) people use the term "anime" to refer to cartoons from Japan. I don't get why people don't understand this. People in Japan refer to American cartoons as "anime". =/ So when comes down to it all anime are cartoons and all cartoons are anime, it's just what term choose to use. What pisses me off is the tards on this site who are "Omg aNiMe Iz So gReAt, iT's OnLy AnImE iF iT cOmE's FrOm JaPaN. aNiMe HaS sUcH gReAt StOrIEs aNd CaRtOoNs SuCk!!! ZOMG!!! LOLOLOL!!! [/endrant]
So to answer your question, yes, "american anime" has existed since the early 1900's.


well compare a 'cartoon' and an 'anime'. a 'cartoon' has no depth, is just for the act of animation. 'anime' just happens to take 'animation' and create a media.
if you find these two similar (american anime, and japanese cartoons) than you just happen to be a little braindead.

being that anime means animation in well...romaji...which is japanese. so for us to say anime with a native tongue...it means not much more than jap animation.

if your calling spongebob anime than...you are quite a weird kid.

if your calling elfen lied a cartoon than...you are also quite a weird kid.

americans (or anyone else in the world) normally dont speak japanese. therefore anime means jap. animation.

i hope i dumbed it down enough for you.

anyways. avatar is pretty close to the shonen type story...but...that show is really boring and has a kind of odd style.



FACK WE GOT ANOTHER WAPANESE! TAKE EM TO THE FIRING SQUAD!


what are you talking about? i'm just saying it would be retarded for a native speaker of english to call certain things in japanese just because they know its meaning.

so technically it wouldnt work for us to call our cartoons anime

this is because japan uses english
WE DO NOT
being that its a major language, places like japan have many uses for the english language, its a large tourist spot also.

but for an american or any other being on earth, who doesnt have the heritage; to call something in romaji. is a kind of geeky and weird thing.
anime is a widespread word for japanese animation. BECAUSE WE DO NOT USE ROMAJI

damn i was just stating the obvious, but i guess that doesnt work

i cant stand our cartoons, other than southpark which has finally gotten pretty good. they is no reason to watch them...okay that flapjack show crazy, my point excludes that weird show.

but anyways its easy to understand it your way. because one thing is drawn, and another is drawn. they are the same thing. very hard to say anything to go against such brainless common sense

but just the fact that romaji is english is japan...and anime is jap-english for animation, its just a sort of mainstay as jap-animation. it has nothing to do with my taste. it should be common sense

just get out your crayons put the suffix jap- (to) english + animation = jap- (suffix transfer) animation [anime]

the only part of my original argument that had anything to do with my taste was the fact that our cartoons are completely brainless. but japan jumps boundaries in the only type of media that doesnt cost 10s of millions of dollars

watch the live action sailor moon for christ sake. its beyond terrible. they do not get enough money to make big time live action like we do. so they put their creativity in comic books and cartoons, which in america has been resorted to a childish thing. does this make any sense to anyone? damn

we have good live action, they have good comic books and cartoons, yes and of course they have a broad scope from child to adult. we do not have that to such a scale.

in conclusion, anime is a term for the creative use of animation to create japanese media without the use of millions upon millions of dollars. lol

need i say any friggin more?




Call it whatever you like, behind the term "anime" that you so carefully put on a pedestal, it is nothing more than a cartoon. The only reason the term "anime" is the Japanese word for animation, is because it's the term they chose to adopt. God, I wish they would have adopted the word cartoon, so these stupid weeaboos wouldn't think they are so smart (no offense, lol).
Posted 12/22/08 , edited 12/22/08
Depends on what your definition of an anime is. This damn thread is just like every other thread that tries to rephrase the same question in god knows how many ways- Can American cartoon [insert name here] be considered an anime?

This thread doesn't just smell like a duplicate. It makes you cringe your nose in disgust due to it's degree of being a hackneyed thread.
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ok
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

Silverback1138 wrote:

There was one attempt at copying anime several years ago. I don't even remember, I think I was still in high school. It was a science fiction one that they showed on WB. It lasted for a season I think. The name escapes me. It was very serious and involved some young man who was the son of the ruler of this space empire but his mother was human. What I remember is that he had this weird little glove that gave him special powers. It was ok, but just like everyone else who copies, not as good as geniune Japanese made anime.


It Was called invasion earth Or invasion America I saw it like 12 years ago. They played it at night if I remember correctly. I've been looking for it for years.
Posted 12/22/08
american shows aren't animes, are they??
141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
EVIL DUBBS!! DISGUSTING...ex. dubbed naruto... they made naruto say "BELIEVE IT" LIKE A hundred times each episode!

but avatar and teen titans is good =]
929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / South Florida
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
Family Guy
4903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / In your dreams
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
umm...like what? yu-gi-oh, pokemon, stuff like that?
or like avatar and teen titans?
meh...i'm not really sure..
4903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / In your dreams
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

dryedroses16 wrote:

EVIL DUBBS!! DISGUSTING...ex. dubbed naruto... they made naruto say "BELIEVE IT" LIKE A hundred times each episode!

but avatar and teen titans is good =]


Lolz, i know....it got so COMPLETELY annoying! What does he say instead of "believe it" in the japanese version?
3480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

TheUndeadLord wrote:


Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:

Not another one. Anime is just a cartoon. The only difference is that (most) people use the term "anime" to refer to cartoons from Japan. I don't get why people don't understand this. People in Japan refer to American cartoons as "anime". =/ So when comes down to it all anime are cartoons and all cartoons are anime, it's just what term choose to use. What pisses me off is the tards on this site who are "Omg aNiMe Iz So gReAt, iT's OnLy AnImE iF iT cOmE's FrOm JaPaN. aNiMe HaS sUcH gReAt StOrIEs aNd CaRtOoNs SuCk!!! ZOMG!!! LOLOLOL!!! [/endrant]
So to answer your question, yes, "american anime" has existed since the early 1900's.


Anime is not a cartoon, it's a type of animation just as a cartoon is a type of animation. Personally I like cartoons but I wouldn't sit and watch them from ep 1 to their finish you know? I just watch casually as episodes tend not to be linked anyway



Yes it is.



Proof?

3480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

kitkat6 wrote:


dryedroses16 wrote:

EVIL DUBBS!! DISGUSTING...ex. dubbed naruto... they made naruto say "BELIEVE IT" LIKE A hundred times each episode!

but avatar and teen titans is good =]


Lolz, i know....it got so COMPLETELY annoying! What does he say instead of "believe it" in the japanese version?


Dattebayo which doesn't really have a translation...but they could've made him say "ya know!?" or something less annoying than "believe it!"

4903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / In your dreams
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

Zell182 wrote:


kitkat6 wrote:


dryedroses16 wrote:

EVIL DUBBS!! DISGUSTING...ex. dubbed naruto... they made naruto say "BELIEVE IT" LIKE A hundred times each episode!

but avatar and teen titans is good =]


Lolz, i know....it got so COMPLETELY annoying! What does he say instead of "believe it" in the japanese version?


Dattebayo which doesn't really have a translation...but they could've made him say "ya know!?" or something less annoying than "believe it!"



Definetly! or they could have switched and made him say different things....that's one of the reasons that I gave up watching naruto. that and it's never ending! And naruto, sasuke, sakura piss me off (sakura especially)
Posted 12/22/08
Is "The Boondocks" an American anime? I don't really know
Posted 12/22/08

Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:


Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:

Not another one. Anime is just a cartoon. The only difference is that (most) people use the term "anime" to refer to cartoons from Japan. I don't get why people don't understand this. People in Japan refer to American cartoons as "anime". =/ So when comes down to it all anime are cartoons and all cartoons are anime, it's just what term choose to use. What pisses me off is the tards on this site who are "Omg aNiMe Iz So gReAt, iT's OnLy AnImE iF iT cOmE's FrOm JaPaN. aNiMe HaS sUcH gReAt StOrIEs aNd CaRtOoNs SuCk!!! ZOMG!!! LOLOLOL!!! [/endrant]
So to answer your question, yes, "american anime" has existed since the early 1900's.


Anime is not a cartoon, it's a type of animation just as a cartoon is a type of animation. Personally I like cartoons but I wouldn't sit and watch them from ep 1 to their finish you know? I just watch casually as episodes tend not to be linked anyway



Yes it is.



Proof?



Don't roll your eyes at me mister!

In addition to my original post...

both are hand drawn

Look at it this way, compare two cars. One is a toyota camry and one is a chevy cobalt. Now wouldn't be dumb to go around saying the Camry is not a car, but it is instead a "kuruma" just because it comes from Japan?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.