First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
American Anime
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / ok
Offline
Posted 12/22/08 , edited 12/22/08
Ok for everyone battiling back and forth on the question look at it like this anime means animation ok yeah duh. And cartoons are animated ok got that. Now thats about as far as the similarities go. Everyone here is Trying to make it sound like there this and that when they are like Tofu and Soy food close but not the same there are to many factors that will always make animated serieses diffrent between here and over there. Culturly they have made anime into there thing so to speak. But there have been a couple of good shows that came around kind of the same feel. Thundercats was ok granted the animation was japanese the story was american so you can now consider that an american anime.And it did amazingly and is still even around as a comic book. And How about Afro Samurai.
Posted 12/22/08 , edited 12/22/08

ShinDomma wrote:

Ok for everyone battiling back and forth on the question look at it like this anime means animation ok yeah duh. And cartoons are animated ok got that. Now thats about as far as the similarities go. Everyone here is Trying to make it sound like there this and that when they are like Tofu and Soy food close but not the same there are to many factors that will always make animated serieses diffrent between here and over there. Culturly they have made anime into there thing so to speak. But there have been a couple of good shows that came around kind of the same feel. Thundercats was ok granted the animation was japanese the story was american so you can now consider that an american anime.And it did amazingly and is still even around as a comic book. And How about Afro Samurai.


Then why do people in Japan refer to American cartoons (actually any countries animation/cartoon) as anime? Hmm? Because it's their word for cartoons/animation. I don't know why it's so hard to understand. Grr...

Now I will agree, that 99.9999999% of the time, I use the term "anime" to refer to Japanese animation. But still, just because you tell yourself something is so, doesn't always make it true.
1083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / belgium.... u kno...
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
eeuhm , AVATAR one of the best cartoon's ever , even better then most anime
thats what i think
3480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/22/08

TheUndeadLord wrote:


Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:


Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:

Not another one. Anime is just a cartoon. The only difference is that (most) people use the term "anime" to refer to cartoons from Japan. I don't get why people don't understand this. People in Japan refer to American cartoons as "anime". =/ So when comes down to it all anime are cartoons and all cartoons are anime, it's just what term choose to use. What pisses me off is the tards on this site who are "Omg aNiMe Iz So gReAt, iT's OnLy AnImE iF iT cOmE's FrOm JaPaN. aNiMe HaS sUcH gReAt StOrIEs aNd CaRtOoNs SuCk!!! ZOMG!!! LOLOLOL!!! [/endrant]
So to answer your question, yes, "american anime" has existed since the early 1900's.


Anime is not a cartoon, it's a type of animation just as a cartoon is a type of animation. Personally I like cartoons but I wouldn't sit and watch them from ep 1 to their finish you know? I just watch casually as episodes tend not to be linked anyway



Yes it is.



Proof?



Don't roll your eyes at me mister!

In addition to my original post...

both are hand drawn

Look at it this way, compare two cars. One is a toyota camry and one is a chevy cobalt. Now wouldn't be dumb to go around saying the Camry is not a car, but it is instead a "kuruma" just because it comes from Japan?


I'm saying that because both are hand drawn they're animation. Anime and Cartoons are two different types of animation...that's the way I see it anyway. It's like saying a comedy is a drama just because they both involve acting and a set

Posted 12/22/08 , edited 12/22/08

Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:


Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:


Zell182 wrote:


TheUndeadLord wrote:

Not another one. Anime is just a cartoon. The only difference is that (most) people use the term "anime" to refer to cartoons from Japan. I don't get why people don't understand this. People in Japan refer to American cartoons as "anime". =/ So when comes down to it all anime are cartoons and all cartoons are anime, it's just what term choose to use. What pisses me off is the tards on this site who are "Omg aNiMe Iz So gReAt, iT's OnLy AnImE iF iT cOmE's FrOm JaPaN. aNiMe HaS sUcH gReAt StOrIEs aNd CaRtOoNs SuCk!!! ZOMG!!! LOLOLOL!!! [/endrant]
So to answer your question, yes, "american anime" has existed since the early 1900's.


Anime is not a cartoon, it's a type of animation just as a cartoon is a type of animation. Personally I like cartoons but I wouldn't sit and watch them from ep 1 to their finish you know? I just watch casually as episodes tend not to be linked anyway



Yes it is.



Proof?



Don't roll your eyes at me mister!

In addition to my original post...

both are hand drawn

Look at it this way, compare two cars. One is a toyota camry and one is a chevy cobalt. Now wouldn't be dumb to go around saying the Camry is not a car, but it is instead a "kuruma" just because it comes from Japan?


I'm saying that because both are hand drawn they're animation. Anime and Cartoons are two different types of animation...that's the way I see it anyway. It's like saying a comedy is a drama just because they both involve acting and a set



I understand your point of view. But, cartoons and animation are the same thing, It's up to you what term you use. So if anime is animation then it is also a cartoon. It just bugs me that so much emphasis is put on meaningless "terms".
Drama and Comedy, that's a different matter completely, as it refers to a specific genre, while animation (cartoons) on the other hand is a much broader term that refers to a whole medium of entertainment.

Posted 12/22/08
Avatar? is a good one.......................
546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / FrIsKo, CA
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
uh..sushi pack?
its for kids and all dere names r in japanese....
12090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/22/08 , edited 12/22/08

smantha096 wrote:

Avatar: The last airband is ok for an american cartoon.


i agree........ its actually very good for a American cartoon
Posted 12/22/08
Why are you all arguing about opinion? That's practically the stupidest thing to debate about.

@ the person who asked for proof- stop being idiotic. Since this is a debate originating from opinion, factual evidence is nonexistant. Before demanding proof, take into consideration the topic. Don't blindly demand information. :/
Posted 12/22/08

einsteinette1017 wrote:

Why are you all arguing about opinion? That's practically the stupidest thing to debate about.

@ the person who asked for proof- stop being idiotic. Since this is a debate originating from opinion, factual evidence is nonexistant. Before demanding proof, take into consideration the topic. Don't blindly demand information. :/


lol. Arguing ended hours ago. Agree to disagree kind of situation.
1386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
=l If I'm not wrong Teen Titans has a japanese opening from ami yumi?
15249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 私を見つけるとご存知でしょう。^_^
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
american anime is alright. as long as they are the one who made it and animated it. but if you tell me to watch japanese anime dubbed in english, id rather sleep..

i dont really like the voices of the characters.. if your saying maybe iv watched the anime already in japanese dub, and im just not used to the english dubbed voices, thats not it.. even if i havent watched the anime dubbed in japanese, i still dont like the voices. some of them are really awkward. they either speak very slow, or the tone doesnt fit the mood of the scene, or the voice doesnt match the character.. thats why i dont like watching japanese anime dubbed in english..
Posted 12/22/08

TheUndeadLord wrote:


einsteinette1017 wrote:

Why are you all arguing about opinion? That's practically the stupidest thing to debate about.

@ the person who asked for proof- stop being idiotic. Since this is a debate originating from opinion, factual evidence is nonexistant. Before demanding proof, take into consideration the topic. Don't blindly demand information. :/


lol. Arguing ended hours ago. Agree to disagree kind of situation.


Gah. I'm so slow on the uptake. Indeed it's just as you say.

Just voicing a late opinion. :/

Bah! What ever happened to my female intuition?

I take my leave. >_>
3924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / under my bed
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
AVATAR is kool !
2528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / America
Offline
Posted 12/22/08
Teen Titans is based on a COMIC. I love Teen Titans; can't wait for a different teen titans movie.
I love ALL cartoons based on cartoons, like Wolverine and the x-men and the spectacular spiderman.
And then, I LOVED Kim Possible.
They are great.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.