First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Why do people....................................
Posted 12/21/08
I would probably do that if I was learning/learnt the language but to not truly understand what you are saying and say it to a native speaker would be pretty silly. I would find it irritating if people kept doing that to me in my own language.
Posted 12/21/08

AnimeLover0199 wrote:

Think about japanese stuff too much.I mean people use these words "ne" and "hai" and all those Japanese punctuation.Dont you get pretty bothered.I mean if you look at my USERNAME.I like animes,but i dont copy their language...(on the internet)

Well,Im japanese and im pretty bothered by people using those words,when their not Japanese..^^

Plus,its like copying my culture and stuff like that....ok heres an example.


EXAMPLE



Kunnichiwa Minna san!How is everyone ne?
Konnichiwa!Gomen ne for the late reply!
Kunnicihiwa minna san!Arigatou 4 the invite!
and i here ppl using BAKA alot.....




I dont know this is my opinion.

Just post your answers!

P.S i think this should be in general.....but more ppl use these words in anime^^


Hahahahahahhahahahahaahhahaahahahah ur right XD
Trend? XD
46636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / • ♥ Varia Headqua...
Offline
Posted 12/21/08

AnimeLover0199 wrote:


JusticexFreedom wrote:


AnimeLover0199 wrote:


Devilswhitewing wrote:

true
ive seen a lot of american girls try and act all cute and go 'kawaiiii~!!!!! >><" or "moshi moshi? hai hai!! =3"

it annoys me lol
they try to hard and it looks disgusting;;
and then when they talk online
they say all these japanese words
i mean,
whattheheck?


and im not saying that all american ppl do that
just the some that do go overboard
and noone really likes it lol



What the heck is Moshi Moshi?
^^


Moshi Moshi means Hello. Are you really japanese?

And to answer your question. I do get bothered by people using japanese in their english sentences. I mean, why type like this?




i just say hello..Lolz,im not FULL japanese...i used to say Moshi Moshi i think^^


Right. Moshi Moshi i guess this is something you say when you answer a call. Maybe?
Posted 12/21/08
*points out my avi*

/thread
Posted 12/21/08
~UPDATE~



Moshi Moshi is a phrase.

But its better to use it in a full Japanese sentence.

"MOSHI MOSHI!It nice to meet you ne."

WRONG!!!!!!




plz continue.
470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / my house
Offline
Posted 12/21/08

AnimeLover0199 wrote:

Think about japanese stuff too much.I mean people use these words "ne" and "hai" and all those Japanese punctuation.Dont you get pretty bothered.I mean if you look at my USERNAME.I like animes,but i dont copy their language...(on the internet)

Well,Im japanese and im pretty bothered by people using those words,when their not Japanese..^^

Plus,its like copying my culture and stuff like that....ok heres an example.


EXAMPLE



Kunnichiwa Minna san!How is everyone ne?
Konnichiwa!Gomen ne for the late reply!
Kunnicihiwa minna san!Arigatou 4 the invite!
and i here ppl using BAKA alot.....




I dont know this is my opinion.

Just post your answers!

P.S i think this should be in general.....but more ppl use these words in anime^^


i take japanese courses because i love the culture and plan on pursuing a career in translating/interpreting. i could say i'm annoyed because you're speaking english which is my first language. free speech, first amendment of the U.S. Constitution. You have a right to be bothered, but they have a right to say whatever they want as long as its not fighting words or could bring actual harm to a person or group of ppl.
Posted 12/21/08

BlazingRb wrote:

*points out my avi*

/thread


Thank you for understanding!
Posted 12/21/08 , edited 12/21/08
I sympathize with you OP, I hate Weaboos too , however, if they are typing in Japanese characters then it's okay by me :\
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 12/21/08
Would you be bothered if a Japanese-American used those words?

Because I like to say HAI =]
Posted 12/21/08

briannabozu wrote:


AnimeLover0199 wrote:

Think about japanese stuff too much.I mean people use these words "ne" and "hai" and all those Japanese punctuation.Dont you get pretty bothered.I mean if you look at my USERNAME.I like animes,but i dont copy their language...(on the internet)

Well,Im japanese and im pretty bothered by people using those words,when their not Japanese..^^

Plus,its like copying my culture and stuff like that....ok heres an example.


EXAMPLE



Kunnichiwa Minna san!How is everyone ne?
Konnichiwa!Gomen ne for the late reply!
Kunnicihiwa minna san!Arigatou 4 the invite!
and i here ppl using BAKA alot.....




I dont know this is my opinion.

Just post your answers!

P.S i think this should be in general.....but more ppl use these words in anime^^


i take japanese courses because i love the culture and plan on pursuing a career in translating/interpreting. i could say i'm annoyed because you're speaking english which is my first language. free speech, first amendment of the U.S. Constitution. You have a right to be bothered, but they have a right to say whatever they want as long as its not fighting words or could bring actual harm to a person or group of ppl.


And,i admire that.Ok!I have faith that you would start a career.And its normal for ppl to do that but my question is why do they do that.I good to do it like 8 times a day,but to do it 24/7 isnt it a bit scary>?
2733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / lil red dot (:
Offline
Posted 12/21/08

jamesbont wrote:

Kind of annoying but not enough to really pay much attention to it.


agree
Posted 12/21/08

h3ntie wrote:

Would you be bothered if a Japanese-American used those words?

Because I like to say HAI =]



I say hai to sometimes,but doesnt that mean
"Yes"??

nah,i dont mind.
1441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/21/08
same thing as people saying dawg and dude
people emulate its natural people are influenced by other cultures
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 12/21/08

AnimeLover0199 wrote:


h3ntie wrote:

Would you be bothered if a Japanese-American used those words?

Because I like to say HAI =]



I say hai to sometimes,but doesnt that mean
"Yes"??

nah,i dont mind.


I'm not sure. But after watching the last episode of FLCL "hai" became my favorite Japanese word
Posted 12/21/08

viciousliberator wrote:

same thing as people saying dawg and dude
people emulate its natural people are influenced by other cultures



Dawg and dude is normal.....But maybe toooooo unfluenced.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.