First  Prev  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  Next  Last
Post Reply Animes Where the boy ends up with sister
The Wise Wizard
73212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

tretatum wrote:
Well when you say GROW families it definitely, unquestionably, 100% implies reproduction. Just saying as an unbiased observer.

I expect Angerudusto was referring to how marriage between two unrelated individuals provides links between two (or more) disparate families. "Combine" would probably be a more accurate term than "grow".

As I mentioned the other underpinning of the incest taboo was to prevent families from becoming insular units. I wouldn't be surprised if at some points in history this underpinning of the taboo was more important than the genetic considerations (especially given that the understanding of genetics is relatively recent). These were also the same times, however, when producing heir(s) (which brings us back to reproduction) would have also been more important.

24207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


I expect Angerudusto was referring to how marriage between two unrelated individuals provides links between two (or more) disparate families. "Combine" would probably be a more accurate term than "grow".

As I mentioned the other underpinning of the incest taboo was to prevent families from becoming insular units. I wouldn't be surprised if at some points in history this underpinning of the taboo was more important than the genetic considerations (especially given that the understanding of genetics is relatively recent). These were also the same times, however, when producing heir(s) (which brings us back to reproduction) would have also been more important.



Yes I would definitely use combine or extend as opposed to grow, which as I said implies fertilization (at least to me). But in this day and age, extended family is on a societal level, for the most part under-valued. While I know that some families are raised closely, we as a whole are drifting away from our indirect family, therefore I really see this as less of a problem as people think. Unless, you were marrying intentionally to become relatives with someone who would benefit you for some other reason i.e., money, status, business etc. which again is far less common than historically. For the most part though, incest doesn't actually mean intermarriage, it means sexually activity so again the point he was making against incest wasn't 100% accurate.

As for me there are two main issues with incest being socially acceptable, one being the huge potential it could lead to abuse. To elaborate, it creates a high chance for people in a position of trust to be able to take advantage of their younger family members. Also preventing children from having a proper childhood. Number two is the familial issues. But, as you addressed earlier if they practice sex with no intent on reproducing, or as I stated, they do not necessarily have intent on marrying it changes everything completely.

While I can't lie and say I don't feel like its weird, which I recognize as innate social conditioning, I fail to see a moral dilemma as long as the above stated issues are avoided, or any other obviously immoral sexual delinquencies (e.g. rape).
13102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
This thread is proof that most anime watchers only score around 3 on the Kohlberg scale. No wonder why shit like SAO is popular while Texhnolyze isn't.
19423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
TBH normal people will say "It's disgusting" Etc but you would only say you like it or you don't mind it if you either 1. Just don't give to sh*** because people have free will, or they are in a situation where they are involved in it, for me i don't mind, because Love can come in many forms.
1817 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
I agree, I cannot stand incest in anime. I doubt anybody here would ever consider having a sexual relationship with their siblings in real life so why do we like it because it happens to someone else in anime? it is disgusting.
18427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philadelphia, Pen...
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
Scenario: Two people fall madly in love with one another, get married and spend their whole lives together in happiness. They die and are torn apart by their separation. They are reincarnated into new bodies that just happen to be brother and sister in the same family. They are strangely, unnervingly attracted to each other. The residue of their former lives together still bonding them together. They fall in love again despite their blood relationship and social conditioning. They know it is not acceptable, but the love is real, in fact, it is more than real--- it is metaphysical.

Well, does this example make incest less disgusting if it was true?
18427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philadelphia, Pen...
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

Watashination wrote:

This thread is proof that most anime watchers only score around 3 on the Kohlberg scale. No wonder why shit like SAO is popular while Texhnolyze isn't.


Thanks Watashination for introducing me to Kohlberg's scale; some interesting data there (I would rank myself in the post-conventional stage).
9973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

Watashination wrote:

This thread is proof that most anime watchers only score around 3 on the Kohlberg scale. No wonder why shit like SAO is popular while Texhnolyze isn't.


QFT. But then again if it feels good it must be right. The positive response you get from your body must be proof of that.
27141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jackson, MS
Online
Posted 8/24/13

Watashination wrote:

This thread is proof that most anime watchers only score around 3 on the Kohlberg scale. No wonder why shit like SAO is popular while Texhnolyze isn't.


I think you're placing too much importance on the role a person's morals plays in whether a series is popular or not. There are people who are willing to overlook certain things they normally wouldn't if a show is interesting enough to them.

Also, going to have to watch this Texhnolyze. Googled it an from what I've read could be pretty interesting.
9966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / Demacia
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
You people are crazy why is something like being related enough to make two people who love each other hated by the world? What's the difference? If two people who were brother and sister got together but didn't know it would you hate them? how is a title enough to stop love?
I dont think it's disgusting its not as if when they kiss and baby dies or their kids are zombies. Love is Love doesn't matter who its with
9973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

thaspectre wrote:

You people are crazy why is something like being related enough to make two people who love each other hated by the world? What's the difference? If two people who were brother and sister got together but didn't know it would you hate them? how is a title enough to stop love?
I dont think it's disgusting its not as if when they kiss and baby dies or their kids are zombies. Love is Love doesn't matter who its with


Benny Mardones made a song called 'Into the Night'. I'm sure you can sympathize with it.
8016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A, LA
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
Yoo peeps there's a difference between incest in a show & incest irl. For me in the anime I've watched can be very unsuspecting and romantic like Oreimo for example. In real life I definitely don't support it but in anime it's fantasy and meant to full fill that role being only a fantasy.
19392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

YukariChan8 wrote:

I agree, I cannot stand incest in anime. I doubt anybody here would ever consider having a sexual relationship with their siblings in real life so why do we like it because it happens to someone else in anime? it is disgusting.


I've never considered killing anyone, but I've murdered probably millions in my 20 years of gaming. Same concept.
1398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
CALI!
Offline
Posted 8/24/13
it`s fuqing gross
8016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A, LA
Offline
Posted 8/24/13

gobbleschnauser wrote:

Scenario: Two people fall madly in love with one another, get married and spend their whole lives together in happiness. They die and are torn apart by their separation. They are reincarnated into new bodies that just happen to be brother and sister in the same family. They are strangely, unnervingly attracted to each other. The residue of their former lives together still bonding them together. They fall in love again despite their blood relationship and social conditioning. They know it is not acceptable, but the love is real, in fact, it is more than real--- it is metaphysical.

Well, does this example make incest less disgusting if it was true?


Wow...that would make an absolutely beautiful anime.
First  Prev  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.