First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Should there be an age limit on how old someone can be to join Crunchyroll?
Posted 12/26/08 , edited 12/26/08
I think there should because i have been dealing with old men recently on here and maybe the controlers of the site can come up with a more effective way on how to make sure people dont lie about their age
16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 12/26/08
well it wouldn't make a difference even if there was one.
49717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/26/08 , edited 12/26/08
There is one... And people just break the rules. ^Thus, as Chance said, there'll be no difference.

And there's no such thing as an "effective way" for people "not to lie about their ages." How do you think the young uns can get to porn so easily (think KinkyHamster)?
2672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

magribe12 wrote:

I think there should because i have been dealing with old men recently on here and maybe the controlers of the site can come up with a more effective way on how to make sure people dont lie about their age


welcome to the internet!
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 12/26/08 , edited 12/26/08
There is an age limit... I believe you have to be 13 to join. Correct me if I'm wrong though. XD
Sadly it's all too easy for little kids to lie about their ages...

Edit: Darn you Mikomiko123, you got there before meh!
13092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/08 , edited 12/26/08
Take down your pics.
no more old perverted men will add you.
and you could at leaset look at there age when you add them..
^^
2672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

Sunnyxx wrote:

There is an age limit... I believe you have to be 13 to join. Correct me if I'm wrong though. XD
Sadly it's all too easy for little kids to lie about their ages...


You are referring to the minimum age limit. The OP is referring to a maximum age limit.

It will be hard for CR to restrict the older users since they are the ones with meaningful income and are most likely to support the site with money (looks at self).
Posted 12/26/08

magribe12 wrote:

I think there should because i have been dealing with old men recently on here and maybe the controlers of the site can come up with a more effective way on how to make sure people dont lie about their age


you are attracting them with pictures of yourself, etc.

don't post personal info online. don't post pics of yourself online. etc.


there is no way in hell that they can control who is signing up on this website or not, unless CR would go all private and request paid membership with filled out identity survey to join CR. which is of course not going to happen.

you can block these people, and deny their buddy requests. simple.
3699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

mikomiko123 wrote:

There is one... And people just break the rules. ^Thus, as Chance said, there'll be no difference.

And there's no such thing as an "effective way" for people "not to lie about their ages." How do you think the young uns can get to porn so easily (think KinkyHamster)?


how old was kinky hamster?... i think people should be truthful of their age its gona get out anyways, and who cares if theirs old people because of older people we have anime so dont diss them.... thats for someone who was dissing, not you...
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 12/26/08 , edited 12/26/08

Haroludo wrote:

You are referring to the minimum age limit. The OP is referring to a maximum age limit.

It will be hard for CR to restrict the older users since they are the ones with meaningful income and are most likely to support the site with money (looks at self).


Speed reading ftl. *drinks moar coffee*
I don't think there should be a maximum age limit though. There are respectable older people on the internet as well as the old pervs.
Though, arguably, apart from to chase children, why would an old person be on an animeish site?
Well this IS the internet.. anything is possible Including and otaku granny...
3699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

magribe12 wrote:

I think there should because i have been dealing with old men recently on here and maybe the controlers of the site can come up with a more effective way on how to make sure people dont lie about their age


hell no theirs a minimum, because of older people we have anime and manga, look at ozamu tesuka... i typoed...
2672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

Sunnyxx wrote:
Speed reading ftl. *drinks moar coffee*
I don't think there should be a maximum age limit though. There are respectable older people on the internet as well as the old pervs.
Though, arguably, apart from to chase children, why would an old person be on an animeish site?
Well this IS the internet.. anything is possible Including and otaku granny...


I guess someone might want to define "old" too.

I do not feel anime as an entertainment form has an age limit. I am on here since I am getting back into it and sharing it with my daughter. My wife and I watch some on here as well. I also wanted to share my thoughts on topics on the forums and I throw my two cents in here and there.


4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 12/26/08
*headdesks* this just isn't my day.. XD
2672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Michigan, USA
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

Sunnyxx wrote:

*headdesks* this just isn't my day.. XD


Did I say something wrong?
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 12/26/08

Haroludo wrote:

Did I say something wrong?


Nah. Just i REALLY need to start paying more attention to things
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.