First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
America is not number one, it is time for america to stop waving there giant 1# Fingers around..
Posted 12/27/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


zen_music wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


zen_music wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


zen_music wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
'Points to the post above you.'

Learn that if america goes to hell the only person you have to blame is your self.

Than go complain to the government, why bother posting this in a forum? Quit whining and do something about it. Whining on CR where the majority of people here are kids, might as well call it brainwashing.


Opening people Eyes is a form of doing something, letting them know what is going on will help them to help them selfs. Maby you should learn from the thread, and do something to better educate your self in why america was so great in the first place. I might just find your self thanking me.


This thread is more or less pointless, you'll be thanking me someday I'm sure. Maybe you should learn how spell.



I don't see you doing any better.

At least I can say I am fluent in 3 languages are you?
On top of that I love to learn, I don't hide my self from the realities of the world, or do something because I am told to. I question everything! Why because its the logical thing to do. Its just smart!

Southern accent, sue me. If your fluent in English than correct your grammar and spelling. Although I normally restrain myself from correcting people, your post irritated me enough to do so. The rest of your argument is irrelevant.


This is my last time responding to you. You have yet to add anything in defense of your side of the debate. All your doing is going off topic attacking everything you can. Because you don't like what I had to say.
Instead of acting like a troll and spamming shit that has nothing to do with the thread, why don't you post something in deffence of your ideals of America being so great. yoi kouyuu!

I said what I thought, whining on CR is pointless. It's as simple as that. Trying to open eyes here, reaching to an audience, pointless. Most people already have in mind what they think. I never said America was great, I'm saying it's pointless to dwell on such things. Arguing here won't make a difference. This thread is called trolling. That's all I have to say.
33884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
I couldn't care less if we're the dominant country or not...

Though I wish we'd pull our act together...
1711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
Ok, well, you know in a group of friends there is always one person no one likes. Well, the US is the person nobody likes. The country has it's priorities all wrong. People of the country comes first,health care and freedoms should come first instead of military and money. But,no other country has the guts to confront them because of their temper and fire power. So, nothing will change. The people will continue to degrade and such.
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 12/28/08 , edited 12/28/08

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Shabbernigdo wrote:

its always amusing how people makes these threads just to point out americas flaws.

Why do u all really care so much to go and reasearch it just to put it on a forum?
If u dont like america dont visit, lol in fact just ignore america all togeathere because it most likely what america is doing to u and your country.

If u dont like the fact that america spends billions on the military then ignore it un less u live here and it some how impacts your daily life. If u live in another country that america is not currently in conflict with then shut up and stop whining and myob.






1.. I do live in America.
2.. It is a Americans job to point out the down fall of are own nation. Ignoring a leaky pipe does not fix it, nor is it very logical.
3.. Its better to point out mistakes before they get us into trouble, or make things even more hazzerdist to are health.
4.. You should know better, It is a Americans job to run are nation, not are governments job to run us, so get your head out of the sand.
5.. Why the hell does america need to spend more money than all other nations combined one weapons of mass-destruction? Yet we cut money in shit that make a better life for us? Thats Government over stepping its bounds. America is not meant to be a big government, but do to sheep that like to be told what to do, we are loosing more and more freedom.



1. ok
2. True u can point it out but why do it on a forum where tha average age seems to be arround 16. I dont know many if any 16yo's that give a shit about the government and its problems.
3. You can point at problems and scream and bitch all u want but doseit really seem to matter the government is gonna do what it wants they dont give a fkn.
4. My head is not in the sand. Personally if the usa gets to the point to where its becomes a pain in the ass to live here ill just move else where. Its just a land mass the world is full of other land masses to live on.
5. If u havent noticed we dont spend the military budget on the development of wepons of mass destruction ne more. The new tec is toards smaller surgical strike / first strike weapons. Why nuke a country and piss a lot of people off when now days we can send a small missle hundreds of miles and put it right through the enemys living room window only destroying him and his house.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 12/28/08
"Any dolt with half a brain"
"Can see the Human kind have gone insane"
"to the point where I don't know If I'll upset the status quo"
"If I throw poison in the water main."
"Listen close to everybody's heart"
"and hear the braking sound."
"hopes and dreams are shattering apart"
"and crashing to the ground."
"I can not believe my eyes"
"how the world's filled with filth and lies."
"but its plain to see evil inside of me..."
'Is on the riiiiiise,"
13788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / In a recession
Offline
Posted 12/28/08
Well get involved in the governement ^^^^^^^^^^^^
I like America as of right now......but for the past eight years it has been hell on earth!
But in all seriousness, capitalism makes us strong............why do you think so may people are so damn upset about the failings in our economy.......we pride ourselves on a strong economy, so everyone can afford things and not have it handed it out to us like they do in some of the countries you mentioned. Also there is another thing, most of the countries you named are smaller AND LESS DIVERSE, than the US, we could indeed govern ourselves, but it would be very hard because of our differing views on how to govern.

Also with those countries,you trade-off some of your freedoms, for health care instead. And either way if I was a poor country and did not have the amount of money to spend as the US I would make it up by, being more peaceful, green, and handing out healthcare. We in Amercia have built out society on consumerism, divisiveness but accepting, and helping other countries despite our economic needs!

Our country is a good country we may not have the things other countries have but we are a diverse culture wanting to just live our lives and pursue our dreams and thats what the US represents!
1446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Greece
Offline
Posted 12/28/08
America was never number one
3498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Nowheresville, MI
Offline
Posted 12/28/08
I probably can't dispute the previously listed facts and I don't care to try. So, we're not top ranked in life expectancy, or any other category for that matter and we have a poor global peace index rating...So what? I'm not going to apologize for being who we are. Things aren't totally tits right now, but we'll get through it and there's not a country I'd rather live in.
24695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / (Unknown)
Offline
Posted 12/28/08
Thank you. I really hate it how when I was walking around, all these Americans keep on telling me that how my language sucks and how all of my race is a pathetic kind. Then there was this random guy who just flicked his middle finger at me, swore at me, then drove away. I really wanna do something horrible to those people....don't get me wrong, there are some good and friendly Americans, but they are rare.
553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 12/29/08
From that first post it would seem that even my small country has a chance at being No.1 Yay NZ!

If Americans can open a can of whoop-ass on another country then why don't they get some of their 'Freedom' put it in a jar and export it to the world.
4095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 12/29/08
what makes us number one is a massive economy, and big guns. on a macro-scale, we do indeed kick more ass than any other country, combined. but on a micro scale, we are lacking in important social issues like health, education, etc.

but remember, history does not remember how the peasants in great empires lived, rather, history cares about big, macro events, like conquest, domination, assertion of power, and other such things (and we can all agree that the US beats any other country in those categories). yes we are lacking in small issues that really has no effect on power, but we are the best in categories that make headlines, change the world, and get written down in history books. that is why we are number one.


though i admit, i would rather be living in Norway
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 12/29/08
Those in the upper echelon of the facts stated on the first page are mostly socialist country. You can expect that these countries would do better in terms of quality of life measures and alike because they're nanny states. And some of them are thinking of revising or moving towards decentralization because the cost would soon outweigh the benefits especially in the long run. The US has always been the bastion of the free-world and an allie among other countries. It would be contrary to what the Americans have fought for if they would embrace socialism. The US still has the biggest economy, one of the biggest importer/exporter and a lot of countries depend on them. Also, the US dollar is the main currency reserve all over the world (though I predict that the Euro will take over soon). The credit crunch and its trickle down effects to other countries is a testament that the world still relies on the US and its economy.
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Omnipresent
Offline
Posted 12/29/08
Darkphoenix, you use statistics to come across your points but that just makes you look more like an idiot. Yes I agree, Americans are egotistical when it comes to patriotism but you use your statistics incorrectly. When Americans say they are number 1, probably economy wise and military wise. Same goes to the fact that you called every single religious person stupid which I find extremely blasphemous. Of course you are going to defend your bigotry when it comes to using statistics but understand that it does not explain everything as it misses other important factors and elements to your argument.
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / America, Fuck Yeah.
Offline
Posted 12/29/08
Does the entire world speak German?

No?



YOUR WELCOME

-America
493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 12/29/08
wait until obama comes(:
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.