First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Illegal Immigration
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
They are already a black hole in our health care and justice system. Our government spend millions and millions keep them in jail and on welfare for people that don't even belong here in the first place. As I mentioned before, I live next to a U-Haul. Every morning I pass by it and there are like 20-30 Mexicans standing there and waiting to be picked up. Whenever a pickup truck comes back they all run for it. It has only been happening in the past 2 years. The neighborhood has been concern because they loiter there and they litter. The neighborhood has gotten dirty.
1056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Irvine, CA
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
The best way to stop people from trying to illegally come into the United States is really simple. DROP THE MINIMUM WAGE SIGNIFICANTLY. A family in Mexico isn't going to risk their lives trying to cross their borders, traveling anywhere from 200 to 600 miles just to work at an extremely low paying job. The only reason why we do have illegal immigrants is because they are willing to work at the minimum wage, as it is probably better than what they earned back home.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
^That's stupid. There are many Americans and legal aliens that trying hard to get by as it is with the current minimum wage. What's the minimum wage now? Like $9.25 here I think. I would kill myself I had to work on those slave wages.
107174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 5/4/07

n0odle wrote:

^That's stupid. There are many Americans and legal aliens that trying hard to get by as it is with the current minimum wage. What's the minimum wage now? Like $9.25 here I think. I would kill myself I had to work on those slave wages.


Minimum wage is $9.25!? What the heck. It's $6.50 here.


U.S. Census Bureau compared the total population for Hispanics/Latinos in the United States between 2000 and 2005. In 2000 the percent of population was 12.5%, which leaped to 14.4% in 2005. Latino immigrants are slowly increadingl, yet pose no immediate threat to our society. Many undocumented immigrants come to the US with a limited amount of skills and language proficiencies. Basically the majority of illegal immigrants end up being construction workers, hotel and housekeepers, hospital aids, hand harvesters for fruits and vegetables, gardeners, or domestics because those jobs do not require high education and fluency in English. And in 2006, another Census Bureau survey in TIME magazine shown that 74% of adults believe that illegal immigrants are taking majority of jobs that they know U.S. citizens do not want.
Posted 5/4/07

slowdanse wrote:


n0odle wrote:

^That's stupid. There are many Americans and legal aliens that trying hard to get by as it is with the current minimum wage. What's the minimum wage now? Like $9.25 here I think. I would kill myself I had to work on those slave wages.


Minimum wage is $9.25!? What the heck. It's $6.50 here.



Same here.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
I am sorry. Its $9.14.

http://www.sfgov.org/site/olse_index.asp?id=27605

San Francisco...=D
107174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
^Mmmm, we got a notice in the mail that said it was $9.14. Maybe that's why there so many Mexicans here nowadays.
1909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
Is it really that bad to let illegal aliens in when they help with all the sewers and stuff?
I dunno.
egh.. -gets out of thread before she gets chewed out by too much complicated talk-
446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas. i want 2go...
Offline
Posted 5/4/07
hey time for the latino to say something. ok i live in the States and i am 7th gen. American so i don't really know that much about mexico i can't even speak Spanish, only thing i know is that i have family there that i visit every so often. so i have mixed feelings about this topic. one part of me says that they should just stop saying we have a right to be here and have this and that. which they don't have a right scince they broke the law to get here. they do put some stress on are health care and justice systems. spending more money then needed.
the other part of me says give them a a chance cuz i have seen the way some of these people live. they live in shit is what i can say for better terms and then they come over here and get treated like shit. used and thrown away like tools. hell i get treated that way some times cuz i am brown. how people say that illegals commit crimes all the time and are bad, but those same people pay them to clean their homes, yards, and work places cuz their to busy to do it them selfs. so to me both parties have some bull shit for their point. thats all i wanted to say.
4565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere in silence
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
I agree with majority of things Killar is saying,

there are plenty of Americans/ legal aliens who would do the jobs that the mexicans/illegals are doing, but of course they wont do it for as less as they will, and they shouldnt have to, and no I don't think its just teens who would do the jobs, there are a lot of adults who would do any job just to try and feed their families, but if ppl are only looking for ppl they can get away with cheating mexicans "the you do it for this and youll like it b/c ur not suppose to be here in the first place" it does take the jobs away from americans

And them complaining about anything is just bogus considering they arent even suppose to be here, they have no say in anything, if they want this and that then they should exit the way they came, and try re entering the legal way

its not fair to the thousands of other people who have been waiting years to get into the country, the right way

they are just being selfish, and dumb to think they being criminals have the right to anything...what ever happened to the good old days when they layed low...If I snuck into another country I wouldn't broadcast it...

I don't think letting them become legal does anything but encourage their wrong doing...Now for the kids of the illegals I have to sympathize with b/c its not their fault and if they were born here and raised here they shouldnt have to leave...so I'm kinda stuck on that issue...

I have really strong opinions on this subject just woke up though so to lazy to go into depth about it


2531 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / my own personal p...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
I agree with lilprince completely.
I won't repeat what has already been said, but I will say that my grandparents were immigrants to America. LEGAL immigrants.
Giving rights to ILLEGAL imigrants. Wait, how does that even make sense????
It doesn't.
And it's not fair to all those people , some of whom are my friends, who are trying hard to become citizens and to do it the right and Legal way.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

xidiya wrote:

Killar: I think we can limit the people who will do such jobs to teenagers. Hell, I flipped burgers as a kid but now I'm an adult. Flipping burgers is the last thing I wanna do.


That statement 100% false. I’m sorry buddy, but lots of people who are over age flip burgers. As of now most of them are illegal, however, some of them aren’t. One way or the other the supply of people willing to do menial task and low budget food service isn’t half as menial as you think.


xidiya wrote:

I'm not a supporter of illegal immigration but I have to disagree with your argument to support it's ban, particulary in reference to the US economy.

Our economy would suffer a huge collapse if we forcefully expelled all the illegal immigrants in our country. In fact, expelling them forcefully would be an "economic booboo". Spain forcefully expelled all it's muslim citizens in 1492 and even w/ revenue from the New World they suffered a huge economic crises. In fact, if we forcefully expelled our illegal immigrants the cost of living would soon skyrocket due to various reasons (increase in production costs, decrease in consumer consumption etc...) I'm too lazy to go into it all. If you're interested, take a course on economics.

Also, if you're going to talk about crime in terms of "race", statistically, hispanics account for a smaller number and their crimes are in most cases, their crimes are of a less serious nature.

Anyways, you should be careful about believing what the mass media or various opposing groups spout to defend their positions. In most cases, it's baseless, propoganda bullcrap. As far as correct information goes, these two sources are not very reliable.

I do however agree that illegal immigration is becoming a bit of a problem.


Well, first off I would like to thank you for expressing your opinion in a mature pattern. I didn’t even bother to read a few other posts beyond a sentence or two because they were presented in an insulting manor.

You use Spain is your example, but that was a different nation, at a different time, in a different world. America has a much larger population, and far more bums who are trying like hell to get a job but find all the positions taken. Well, it’s a simple fact, without any need for abstract speculation, that American’s economy would take a sharp drop. However, it would be an immediate damage that would eventually wash away and then be replaced by sharp rises. Well, I don’t have time to say anything else right now, except:
Drop minimal wage?! That’s a baaad idea, I think…. So I’ll come back later, I got Saturday school for now!
5769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

SeraphAlford wrote:


Crime runs rampant because police can’t touch these people. We send them back to Mexico where nothing happens and then they come back by the truck loads. Mexicans are coming into Texas and Oklahoma, getting on welfare and unemployment, and then taking the money back to their families. Millions upon millions of illegal aliens are coming from all over the world and hurting our economy and taking our jobs illegally.

if you believe that illegal immigrants are only hurting our economy you are sadly mistaken. I stand neutral in this matter but illegal immigrants do both things for the economy (hurt and help)

1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / some CRAPPY place...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
mmm ok another post of illegal emigrants.... well this one thing i thing .......

wait THAT Koran guy was ones a illegal emigrant and he kill randome people...

and we fucking just because some MEXICAN DO OUR JOB OR LATINO....whatever they call it

To be honest am white and i FUCKING LAZY no offense but i thing we are full assholes

i HAVE MEXICAN WORKING FOR ME if they get report i lose my money .........

so make them legal or WE THE LAZY WHITE and probably some blacks as well WE WOULD HAVE TO DO OUR WORK ..... to be honest i can not live with OUT my immigrants

am to freaking lazy ........I LOSING MONEY

F#$% you bush

and for all does WHITE AND BLACKS

no Latinos no bling bling

and for be honest no Latinos or chines s not they would be no shoes or the crap we WHITES AND BLACK BUY

SO LIVE WITH IT ............

ANY way no Latinos you will have to do your own work and clean you own toilet

NOW YOU GET IT

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.