First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Illegal Immigration
2455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / currently residin...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
if u think about it everyone in america is an immigrant.. native americans onli ones wit the right to say theyre not.. they didnt want white people to come here and invade their land.. but did white people care abou wah they felt? ofcourse they didnt.. if u think about it americans r selfish people.. they onli do things where they could get somethin out of it..

i noe its hard to admit but it is the truth.. if u think abou it, if americans relli felt that it was bad to have illegal immigrants here.. then theyre wudnt b no illegal immigrants.. after all this is the richest n most powerful country in the world.. they wud find a way to stop it, n nobody wud b able to say or do anything abou it.. the united states always does what they want anyways.. for example the united nations said there was no reason to invade Iraq.. but did that stop the united states? ofcourse it didnt, because they always do what they want.

so why is it that they permit illegal immigrants to be here?.. as hard as it is to admit it, but white people think they r too good for many jobs like cleanin bathrooms or workin in fast food restaurants.. im sorry if it offends any1 born here but it is the thruth.. add to that the fact that illegal immigrants get paid below minimum wage.. there are some that like white people argue, are takin advantage of things like people that work tax money.. but that is onli a small group compared to the ones that contribute to this economy.. the government knows this, that is why they havent done anything about it.. this issue has been goin on for years, wit americans complainin n complainin.. but guess wah? illegal immigrants are still around because this country needs them..

im a legal immigrant and i work and pay taxes and all dat.. just for da record.. but i do feel bad for all those that arent legal and have to suffer a lot to get here.. and when they get here they contribute, witout people appreciating what they do..

another big reason this whole things pissed me off, is when people just come and just not back up what they say wit actual reasons dat make sense instead of giving personal opinions.. plus one of the things that piss me of the most is how they say illegal immigrants take up a lot of money and all that other BS.. i mean c'mon, can u relli say that when this country is spendin billions of dollars on a stupid war?.. so if ur worried abou ur tax money so much then, they shud make bush leave iraq and stop wastin money.. i mean another big problem is that the government allows people to be lazy.. many times they pay for other people to have many commodities that they dont work for.. that directed toward illegal and legal americans.. obviously there are people that do need the help and shoulkd get it.. but there r many that r just too lazy to work..

that is why i feel that people r wastin there time complainin soo much abou things like this.. instead there r many other topics or things that this country should adress.. for example why is that we havent stopped the genocide in sudan? obviously there is no oil there temptin bush to invade the country.. americans should be way more worried abou real issues that affect the world..
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

SephirothXIII wrote:
As long as businesses don't give illeagal immigrants incredibly low wages and treat them fairly, then they should be able to hire immigrants. As for America in general helping immigrants, I just have one thing to say. Tax dollars are collect to help people. Just becasue your money is going to someone from a different country, it doesn't change what your money does at all. Give help to the people who need it, you know? And I really don't want yuppies saying "oh, but they're causing taxes to raise a lot." Selfish idiots like that shouldn't have any say in what happens to their money. Instead of hoping their money goes to their freakin' "Gold-plated textbook" funds for their schools, maybe they should be worrying about getting food to starving people! Selfishness like that drives me insane!!


That’s ridiculous. Sure, to a degree people should be generous, but if you go around giving free handouts people are just going to free-load off of you. Besides that, there are better things to donate your money to than illegal immigrants. Like I said, south-Africa. Something else, people should have the right to say what happens to -their- hard earned money, rather they are greedy or not. Besides that, illegal aliens are being selfish in that they care about themselves and their family while ignoring the damages they are inflicting on America; moreover, there legal families who are living in the streets as a result of illegal immigration because they cannot find jobs in which they qualify for with their personal and educational experience.

On a final note, Lilprince is right. The Americans pay tax for the benefit of America and American citizens.
Not criminals who are too lazy to struggle through the conditions of their nation. Not saying I’d act any different in their shoes, but none the less every nation puts itself first. America is no different.

ahojcookie wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

As far as me being stuck up, yes, I most likely am. However, other individuals here who have expressed similar opinions as me are certainly not. Digs, for example. I don’t think it’s completely fair to judge him so swiftly. Digs, being the closest buddy I have on CR, has conversed with me in depth via-private messages. I guarantee you there’s nary a humbler Crer. Ahoj, you said you don’t live here, so you don’t understand the situation completely. Please don’t make judgment calls off of novels. Until you’ve actually experienced the pull of Charybdis you don’t comprehend how powerful the chasm really is. Eventually it will expand and we’ll be forced to face off with Scylla or fall into the pit. In other words, we’re eventually going to have to do something drastic… If we don’t, it’s bye-bye America.

Shoot, I have little time left, forgive me for rushing but I’ve got a hectic schedule today and I’m just on lunch break so…


Excuse me, but I'll quote myself here

I know I don't live where you guys live, you still sound very stuck up to me, so I suggest you read this book. I'm not really into the author, but I thought it gave me a good idea of the situation. Both sides. Here's the wicki article:


Okay, I should have said some of you guys, sorry for generalizing. But about the rest, I can't remember passing any judgement and I didn't claim to know your situation, because I read a book about it. I said I think it gave me an idea what it's like over there. And by mentioning "both sides" I was trying to point out that I'm rather neutral about this and that I understand both points of view. However being stuck up about something doesn't help anything and since I know that I don't know enough about this to make my own statement, I referred to this book. I didn't even like it. But it combined both points of view.About the Scylla and Charybdis thing, I get your point, but you guys are not exactly starving, are you?


Ahojcookie, I didn’t mean to be insulting in that. I was simply rushing because I was taking advantage of my short lunch break from Saturday school

Anyway, that’s my own fault, and I sincerely apologies. If it’s alright with you, I’d like to move on because I do actually respect your opinion. (Despite my lack of tact and prudence in my previous post, and the unintended connotations) Well, no. We’re not exactly starving. But I for one would very much like to keep it that way.

Whatever the case, I’m 100% behind Lilprince.

Your argument against what she says is fickle, in my opinion. Why? Because you ignore two basic facts. First off, the world is a different place then it was when America was

“Conquered.”
Second, just because we’ve committed crimes in the past does not mean we should be subjected to similar chastisements. If you believe that, then you also believe, inevitably, that we should gas everyone of German decent. In which case you need serious help because you’re a Hitler in the making. Or at least a Jack the Ripper or Jefery D.

Of course you didn’t, as you pointed out, say that it was good or that any of what I’ve mentioned should be done. However, this being said, are you agreeing that it is bad? Then, what exactly happened to your neutral standpoint; moreover, why are we stuck up and acting like 95 year olds for being against it!?

Honestly, from what I’ve read here, Lilprince is no where near as stuck up as you are yourself. From my personal point of view, you’re being highly hypocritical. You’re being stuck up. That’s my opinion, but I back everything Lilprince has said.

One other thing: My forefathers migrated here legally and were properly Americanized upon their arrival. On my mothers side they learned English before they immigrated from Ireland and Scotland. On my fathers, they were taken here by Americans to escape gas chambers during WWII. (They were Jews.)



uchi23 wrote:

if u think about it everyone in america is an immigrant.. native americans onli ones wit the right to say theyre not.. they didnt want white people to come here and invade their land.. but did white people care abou wah they felt? ofcourse they didnt.. if u think about it americans r selfish people.. they onli do things where they could get somethin out of it..

i noe its hard to admit but it is the truth.. if u think abou it, if americans relli felt that it was bad to have illegal immigrants here.. then theyre wudnt b no illegal immigrants.. after all this is the richest n most powerful country in the world.. they wud find a way to stop it, n nobody wud b able to say or do anything abou it.. the united states always does what they want anyways.. for example the united nations said there was no reason to invade Iraq.. but did that stop the united states? ofcourse it didnt, because they always do what they want.

so why is it that they permit illegal immigrants to be here?.. as hard as it is to admit it, but white people think they r too good for many jobs like cleanin bathrooms or workin in fast food restaurants.. im sorry if it offends any1 born here but it is the thruth.. add to that the fact that illegal immigrants get paid below minimum wage.. there are some that like white people argue, are takin advantage of things like people that work tax money.. but that is onli a small group compared to the ones that contribute to this economy.. the government knows this, that is why they havent done anything about it.. this issue has been goin on for years, wit americans complainin n complainin.. but guess wah? illegal immigrants are still around because this country needs them..

im a legal immigrant and i work and pay taxes and all dat.. just for da record.. but i do feel bad for all those that arent legal and have to suffer a lot to get here.. and when they get here they contribute, witout people appreciating what they do..

another big reason this whole things pissed me off, is when people just come and just not back up what they say wit actual reasons dat make sense instead of giving personal opinions.. plus one of the things that piss me of the most is how they say illegal immigrants take up a lot of money and all that other BS.. i mean c'mon, can u relli say that when this country is spendin billions of dollars on a stupid war?.. so if ur worried abou ur tax money so much then, they shud make bush leave iraq and stop wastin money.. i mean another big problem is that the government allows people to be lazy.. many times they pay for other people to have many commodities that they dont work for.. that directed toward illegal and legal americans.. obviously there are people that do need the help and shoulkd get it.. but there r many that r just too lazy to work..

that is why i feel that people r wastin there time complainin soo much abou things like this.. instead there r many other topics or things that this country should adress.. for example why is that we havent stopped the genocide in sudan? obviously there is no oil there temptin bush to invade the country.. americans should be way more worried abou real issues that affect the world..


Wow… I don’t even know where to start. I guess my first request, and this is just a request, is to cut back on the slang a bit when you’re going to make such a lengthy post…


Okay, let’s see:

First off: Nobody has been against immigrants, but rather illegal immigrants. When America was colonized it was a completely different world, and I’ll have you know the founding fathers were initially welcome into America by the natives. They just took advantage of the younger, more naïve peoples and screwed them over. There’s no way to justify what they did, but they weren’t illegal because there was no law against immigration at the time. Besides, nobody owned America then because the native Americans themselves (depending on the tribe) didn’t believe in owning land.

Second: You comments are the war are completely false. Whenever America went to war it was because the United Nations told us “Hey, we’ve not found any weapons of mass destruction, but they’re here somewhere!” We later found out this was false, hints the war lost support, but by then it was way too late for us to pull out. I wont go into the whys because that’s a different topic.

Third: You say whites are what? You racist! You’re a bigot plain and simple. Whites too stuck up… Excuse me, that’s a stupid generalization. You’re welcome to that opinion but you yourself complain about how much you hate to hear people complain without supporting their views. There is absolutely no way to support that every individual of a specific skin color are all exactly the same.

I don’t know that I should bother to tax myself with further commentary toward your post…

8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Ahojcookie, I didn’t mean to be insulting in that. I was simply rushing because I was taking advantage of my short lunch break from Saturday school

Anyway, that’s my own fault, and I sincerely apologies. If it’s alright with you, I’d like to move on because I do actually respect your opinion. (Despite my lack of tact and prudence in my previous post, and the unintended connotations) Well, no. We’re not exactly starving. But I for one would very much like to keep it that way.


Appeased . But:


SeraphAlford wrote:

Whatever the case, I’m 100% behind Lilprince.

Your argument against what she says is fickle, in my opinion. Why? Because you ignore two basic facts. First off, the world is a different place then it was when America was

“Conquered.”
Second, just because we’ve committed crimes in the past does not mean we should be subjected to similar chastisements. If you believe that, then you also believe, inevitably, that we should gas everyone of German decent. In which case you need serious help because you’re a Hitler in the making. Or at least a Jack the Ripper or Jefery D.


I was referring to the way she used the word "outsiders". Living in germany, of course I know exactly what it's like to be constantly reminded of past crimes. However, all of you were outsiders at some point


SeraphAlford wrote:
Of course you didn’t, as you pointed out, say that it was good or that any of what I’ve mentioned should be done. However, this being said, are you agreeing that it is bad? Then, what exactly happened to your neutral standpoint; moreover, why are we stuck up and acting like 95 year olds for being against it!?

Honestly, from what I’ve read here, Lilprince is no where near as stuck up as you are yourself. From my personal point of view, you’re being highly hypocritical. You’re being stuck up. That’s my opinion, but I back everything Lilprince has said.

One other thing: My forefathers migrated here legally and were properly Americanized upon their arrival. On my mothers side they learned English before they immigrated from Ireland and Scotland. On my fathers, they were taken here by Americans to escape gas chambers during WWII. (They were Jews.)



It's not good. It's not justified. It's bad for you and for them. But that doesn't interfere with my neutrality. I'm not using the word bad to condemn. I say it's bad for you guys, because you seem to suffer from it. It's bad for them, because their situation was bad from the start and now they're are doing things that make them lose even the little sympathy "liberals" had left for them. "You sound like a 95 year old hag" is what I think I said. This too, referred to the tone and the harshness lilprince had used. I'm not meaning to insult her, that's just what she sound like to me. I could never claim I'm not hypocritical, but I don't see how I'm hypocritical or stuck up here?

You were able to immigrate legally, because you were welcome. That's not the same situation.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
In our modern world people can immigrate legally too. In fact, it’s a lot easier now then it was when my ancestors came in.

Anyway, I guess I misunderstood a lot of what you wrote. I never saw a tone of harshness to Lilprinces’ posts, however. I’ll go back and re-read them and see what I might have missed.

As far as how you’re being hypocritical, and please understand I’m not trying to insult you but rather to answer your question, is in that you are criticizing (or coming off as if you are trying to criticize at very least) Lilprince for being stuckup for using a tone of harshness. Yet, at the same time, your own voice hasn’t exactly been cordial.
8990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Ronald McDonald's...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
Huh? Why are they doing it illegally then?Immigrating legally should be much more comfortable at least. I heard that there's some kind of "green card lottery"...I haven't verified this though. Lol, I guess you're right on the tone of harshness. I shall try to be more polite while criticizing other's harshness in the future.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
Getting here legally takes more time. I don’t know all the procedures, but it’s much faster to cross illegally. Also, I think you have to take some kind of test. My friend, who legally came here from Mexico, said they asked him to name all the presidens of the united states in order. Honestly, I’m an American and can’t do that myself. (*Grumbles at his own ignorance*) I mean, I can name the important presidents and tell you what they did, but some of those guys are just too easy to forget…

Also,

I guess you're right on the tone of harshness. I shall try to be more polite while criticizing other's harshness in the future.
Thanks for that.
2455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / currently residin...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Wow… I don’t even know where to start. I guess my first request, and this is just a request, is to cut back on the slang a bit when you’re going to make such a lengthy post…


Okay, let’s see:

First off: Nobody has been against immigrants, but rather illegal immigrants. When America was colonized it was a completely different world, and I’ll have you know the founding fathers were initially welcome into America by the natives. They just took advantage of the younger, more naïve peoples and screwed them over. There’s no way to justify what they did, but they weren’t illegal because there was no law against immigration at the time. Besides, nobody owned America then because the native Americans themselves (depending on the tribe) didn’t believe in owning land.

Second: You comments are the war are completely false. Whenever America went to war it was because the United Nations told us “Hey, we’ve not found any weapons of mass destruction, but they’re here somewhere!” We later found out this was false, hints the war lost support, but by then it was way too late for us to pull out. I wont go into the whys because that’s a different topic.

Third: You say whites are what? You racist! You’re a bigot plain and simple. Whites too stuck up… Excuse me, that’s a stupid generalization. You’re welcome to that opinion but you yourself complain about how much you hate to hear people complain without supporting their views. There is absolutely no way to support that every individual of a specific skin color are all exactly the same.

I don’t know that I should bother to tax myself with further commentary toward your post…



im not sayin dat america is agaisnt immigrants.. what i meant was that this country is based on immigrants and that they are needed here.. and like you said native americans didnt mind people from europe coming at first.. but they did mind after they began to have their rights exploited.. americans asked immigrants to come to the US for things like working in the mills and all dat.. n now that immigrants r here they r not exploiting or abusin any americans rights..

my comments on the war wrong?.. the UN was defenetely agaisnt our invasion to Iraq.. so i guess ur wrong because i do back what i say (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_UN_Security_Council_and_the_Iraq_war).. i know its a different topic and all but it was just an example of real issues in the united states.. and an example of how americans cannot complain about illegal immigrants being benefited of their tax money, when the war in iraq is costing them millions more..

third of all i am defenetely not racists.. i have white friends, but i admit it was wrong to use the word white in the discussion.. what i had meant by white is americans since white people are the majority in the united states.. and i know that you are lying if u can say that you know americans that would take the jobs illegal immigrants take.. bush came up with a plan to pay illegal immigrants that work on farms in the south around $4 per hour.. that is more than $3 dollars below minimum wage.. i dont know any american that would take a job like that.. therefore illegal immigrants and the united states benfit from each other.. united states offers them jobs and illegal immigrants accept cheaper pay..

up till now you have disproved none of my arguments and i defentely back what i say up.. if u still think you can actually argue with me with real reasons feel free to "tax yourself with further commentary"..
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

uchi23 wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

Wow… I don’t even know where to start. I guess my first request, and this is just a request, is to cut back on the slang a bit when you’re going to make such a lengthy post…


Okay, let’s see:

First off: Nobody has been against immigrants, but rather illegal immigrants. When America was colonized it was a completely different world, and I’ll have you know the founding fathers were initially welcome into America by the natives. They just took advantage of the younger, more naïve peoples and screwed them over. There’s no way to justify what they did, but they weren’t illegal because there was no law against immigration at the time. Besides, nobody owned America then because the native Americans themselves (depending on the tribe) didn’t believe in owning land.

Second: You comments are the war are completely false. Whenever America went to war it was because the United Nations told us “Hey, we’ve not found any weapons of mass destruction, but they’re here somewhere!” We later found out this was false, hints the war lost support, but by then it was way too late for us to pull out. I wont go into the whys because that’s a different topic.

Third: You say whites are what? You racist! You’re a bigot plain and simple. Whites too stuck up… Excuse me, that’s a stupid generalization. You’re welcome to that opinion but you yourself complain about how much you hate to hear people complain without supporting their views. There is absolutely no way to support that every individual of a specific skin color are all exactly the same.

I don’t know that I should bother to tax myself with further commentary toward your post…



im not sayin dat america is agaisnt immigrants.. what i meant was that this country is based on immigrants and that they are needed here.. and like you said native americans didnt mind people from europe coming at first.. but they did mind after they began to have their rights exploited.. americans asked immigrants to come to the US for things like working in the mills and all dat.. n now that immigrants r here they r not exploiting or abusin any americans rights..

my comments on the war wrong?.. the UN was defenetely agaisnt our invasion to Iraq.. so i guess ur wrong because i do back what i say (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_UN_Security_Council_and_the_Iraq_war).. i know its a different topic and all but it was just an example of real issues in the united states.. and an example of how americans cannot complain about illegal immigrants being benefited of their tax money, when the war in iraq is costing them millions more..

third of all i am defenetely not racists.. i have white friends, but i admit it was wrong to use the word white in the discussion.. what i had meant by white is americans since white people are the majority in the united states.. and i know that you are lying if u can say that you know americans that would take the jobs illegal immigrants take.. bush came up with a plan to pay illegal immigrants that work on farms in the south around $4 per hour.. that is more than $3 dollars below minimum wage.. i dont know any american that would take a job like that.. therefore illegal immigrants and the united states benfit from each other.. united states offers them jobs and illegal immigrants accept cheaper pay..

up till now you have disproved none of my arguments and i defentely back what i say up.. if u still think you can actually argue with me with real reasons feel free to "tax yourself with further commentary"..


Wikapedia is not a reliable source for information. The fact is that America was not the only one to move in. And the UN was the one that started the whole suspicion of weapons of mass destruction. They inspected our enemies and said that there were nukes.

Also, you can be prejudice against Americans just as easily as you can be against whites. You’re still racist. Call it a lie, but I know countless Americans that would take these jobs. (If nobody else then the people starving on the streets. Or my father, trying to support his family when we were poor. Or my mother, who worked for wayy under minimal wage for many years before she married my dad.) Don’t believe me? It’s your own narrow minded fault. Watch Dirt Jobs on the T.V. It will show you multiple American citizens willing to do those jobs. You’re simply ignorant, with no word to better describe you, if you just assume I’m lying. Because I am not. It’s as simple as that. You’re ignorant to think that NO American would do one of those jobs. That’s prejudice, narrow minded, false, stupid, and ignorant. It’s not even a matter of opinion. It’s fact. Rather a bigot like you wants to except it or not, it’s fact.

Also, you’ve not disproved any of my theories either; moreover, I never said the UN was for our invasion. None the less, they did send people in to investigate for nukes. They did say that they had found substantial evidence of it. Later on they came round and said, “No, they don’t have nukes. We were mistaken.” and then got mad because America continued to fight when the whole point in the war was to cease these weapons. However, at that point we could no longer leave because we had created a position of obligation to finish the war.

Besides that, you only backed one of your points. Even that was backed with a fickle source that’s not worth any notice. Wikapedia is a negligible “internet encyclopedia” with no system for filtering out false information.

To go further, illegal alliens working for bellow the set wage minimal is only further hurting our economy as short-sighted and selfish employers take advantage of it!

So there it is!

I certainly back myself up! :D

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/dirtyjobs/dirtyjobs.html
4883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Sask-at-chew-an,...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
No acctully The UN was against the invasion of Iraq. Or else they would have sent in UN troups not the US army. America acused Iraq of having WMD's and so the UN sent in some diplomats or what ever to check. Upon not finding any US insisted they had them so they invaded without UN consent. The war in Iraq is technically illeagal. Let me see if I can find the article about it.
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,354914,00.html
Thats the best I can do basically it says they don't support action in Iraq.
9063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / vegass
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
^^ on a side note, i agree about the UN thing. they never supported the invasion of Iraq. Furthermore, the last war declared by the United States was World War 2, on Japan. Germany became a target when Hitler declared war on the United States.

As far as immigration goes, the issue isn't really racist. It is more economic. The fact that illegal immigrants would work for cheaper pay puts legal citizens (or the rest of the population for that matter) at a disadvantage. That's what provokes racism and slurs against illegal immigrants. In addition, the issue was fairly minor (compared to medicare and social security) until 9/11 happened. Strenghthening the borders became priority, since terrorists can simply go to mexico and hop the border. I believe that they are allowing current illegal aliens IN the country to gain citizenship, but preventing the in take of anymore seeing as the country is quickly becoming over populated.

I vote liberal for the most part and immigration doesn't really bother me. I understand that security of the country is priority, but border hopping is the direct cause of WTO. SInce they favor big corporations, most small time farmers are put out of business. If a corporation, could provide markets with far cheaper priced goods, then a mexican farmer who would usually farm enough for his family and extra to sell in the markets, is forced to grow cash crops that he cannot feed to his family and will only yeild about 2 percent the actual retail price. Thus, he is forced to go to the US to work as a farmer for minimum wage cause its better than what he was getting before. but that's another topic.

yea ok ill go back to watching power rangers
9063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / vegass
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
o the war is not illegal per say. its just not legally a war, rather a police action. vietnam was a police action, as well as korea. To declare war, the president must present his case to congress, and congress has not declared war since ww2.
2455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / currently residin...
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

Acer2110 wrote:

No acctully The UN was against the invasion of Iraq. Or else they would have sent in UN troups not the US army. America acused Iraq of having WMD's and so the UN sent in some diplomats or what ever to check. Upon not finding any US insisted they had them so they invaded without UN consent. The war in Iraq is technically illeagal. Let me see if I can find the article about it.



SeraphAlford wrote:

Wikapedia is not a reliable source for information. The fact is that America was not the only one to move in. And the UN was the one that started the whole suspicion of weapons of mass destruction. They inspected our enemies and said that there were nukes.

Also, you can be prejudice against Americans just as easily as you can be against whites. You’re still racist. Call it a lie, but I know countless Americans that would take these jobs. (If nobody else then the people starving on the streets. Or my father, trying to support his family when we were poor. Or my mother, who worked for wayy under minimal wage for many years before she married my dad.) Don’t believe me? It’s your own narrow minded fault. Watch Dirt Jobs on the T.V. It will show you multiple American citizens willing to do those jobs. You’re simply ignorant, with no word to better describe you, if you just assume I’m lying. Because I am not. It’s as simple as that. You’re ignorant to think that NO American would do one of those jobs. That’s prejudice, narrow minded, false, stupid, and ignorant. It’s not even a matter of opinion. It’s fact. Rather a bigot like you wants to except it or not, it’s fact.

Also, you’ve not disproved any of my theories either; moreover, I never said the UN was for our invasion. None the less, they did send people in to investigate for nukes. They did say that they had found substantial evidence of it. Later on they came round and said, “No, they don’t have nukes. We were mistaken.” and then got mad because America continued to fight when the whole point in the war was to cease these weapons. However, at that point we could no longer leave because we had created a position of obligation to finish the war.

Besides that, you only backed one of your points. Even that was backed with a fickle source that’s not worth any notice. Wikapedia is a negligible “internet encyclopedia” with no system for filtering out false information.

To go further, illegal alliens working for bellow the set wage minimal is only further hurting our economy as short-sighted and selfish employers take advantage of it!

So there it is!

I certainly back myself up! :D

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/dirtyjobs/dirtyjobs.html


so i guess ur convinced by now that the UN was against the invasion.. if not heres more proof since the other one "wasn't reliable enough".. http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/attackindex.htm..

you dont know me first of all so your racist assumpitions show how ignorant you must be too.. since according to you im "ignorant".. and when i talk about americans not taking the jobs that illegal immigrants take i talk as the majority of the population.. can you find more than 5% of the the population that would be willing to be payed less than minimum wage? cuz if so feel free to share.. for real please do so.. because unless im wrong the majority of the things we have in the united states are made somewhere else.. check the tags on your clothes and on your toys because by the way you argue (calling people racists and ignorant) you sure are not prepared to argue with the big boys.. you will be surprised to find that all these are made in other countries.. companies know that americans wont take those long hours and little pay.. that is why they go and make factories in other countries where they find plenty of people willing to work.. and for those americans that wouldnt mind taking those jobs like you say, whos stopping them?.. im sure that they would get hired much easier than an immigrant who doesnt even speak english..

and im sure u dont have no idea what it is to have people be racist towards you.. who here in america is saying that you dont belong here?.. in america no one should be poor or suffer unless they dont work hard to have a good life.. this country is full of opportunities for those that are willing to take them.. illegal immigrants and immigrants that come from places that really do have poor people that suffer know much more about actual poverty.. so excuse immigrants for being smarter that those comformist americans, and actually stiriving to have a better life..
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/5/07
You’re 100% right. Forgive my stupidity.
6347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / SDF-1
Offline
Posted 5/5/07

SeraphAlford wrote:
In our modern world people can immigrate legally too. In fact, it’s a lot easier now then it was when my ancestors came in.


Legal immigration is not easier as it sounds. I mean its easier physically since you don't have to jump boarders. It takes money, paperwork and a massive amount of time. Since the first day my parents immigrated to America, my father has been working to bring his sisters over too. My father spent a huge amount of money on paperwork because he did not speak English and had to hire help. My aunts lives with us now, it took 16 years.

The fastest way however, would be paying someone to marry you and divorce after a year or two. This is however, illegal and you're on monitor by the immigration people.

Posted 5/5/07
I'm w/ Noodle on this. It's a lot harder to immigrate now than in the past. The US isn't so welcoming now because we don't need any more people, we have enough. Back then the US was not so populous. In fact, a lot of the immigrants back then were criminals. You don't see us welcoming criminals these days.

Anyways, the best solution to the problem of illegal immigration is to help Latin America stabilize their economies. After all, their economies are screwed up due in large part to US policies and intervention. Bush's idea of building a fence or increasing border control are nothing but temporary solutions. They won't solve anything in the long run.

Anyways, some of you have called the US the "Mother of the World". This is incorrect, the US in fact, mothers no one. Our interest come first above those of anyone else. US involvement in other countries is always due to US interest in some way. All you have to do is look back on history and you'll see that this is true for every nation. You guys are confusing being a world superpower w/ being a mother.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.