First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
ABS-CBN remake of “Twilight” a hoax! - CONFIRMED
5396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / City of Angels. o:)
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
According to Yehey.com, ABS-CBN Corporate Communication Head Bong Osorio confirmed that ABS-CBN has no plans of doing a remake of Twilight. Read the article below.

“Di ko alam ako pala magdi-direct ng ‘Twilight,( Translation: I didn't know that I will be directing twilight) ” director Cathy Garcia Molina curtly replied when Buzzbox asked her if she is opting for a localized version of the blockbuster vampire novel. The buzz is that ABS-CBN had acquired the rights to the novel for US$1 million and that Cathy has been selected to direct it with Rayver Cruz as Edward Cullen and Shaina Magdayao as Isabella Swan.

Cathy informed Buzzbox her schedule is heavy as she has to finish principal photography and post-production of the John Lloyd Cruz and Sarah Geronimo starrer “A Very Special Love 2,” Star Cinema’s Valentine offering, before she could work on a new project.

This led Buzzbox to inquire from the talent managers of the actors in the unofficial cast if they have been casted for specific roles. Anjie Ureta, manager of Chin Chin Gutierrez who will do the role of Esme Cullen replied, “As of today we have not received information or inquiry regarding ‘Twilight’ remake for Dos.” Becky Aguila, the manager of Joross Gamboa as Jasper Hale and Empress Schuck as Angela Weber, texted, “Di ko alam. Wala pang sinasabi.” Veronique del Rosario, the manager of Nikki Bacolod as Victoria answered, “Wala pang offer.”

Could this don’t-know approach be a ruse? I got this idea when Carlo Orosa, the manager of Karylle as Rosalie Hale, originally answered “Wala pang official.” When asked for a clarification, replied, “Can’t be revealed yet.” Could it be the whole project is still a top secret and people in the know were asked not to talk about it. This may be similar to the information embargo ordered by ABS-CBN top management for “I Love Betty La Fea” as to the actor who would play the role of Armando. This turned to be John Lloyd Cruz which Buzzbox correctly second-guessed.

There are strong reactions from ‘Twilight” cult fans that a petition for ABS-CBN not to proceed with the project is on-going. The petition centers two issues: ABS-CBN’s lack of ability to do justice to the novel and Rayver not being fit to do the Edward Allen part. Before they do this, they have to find out first if the buzz is for real or a hoax?

Save the effort and hate words, guys! Buzzbox clarified with ABS-CBN Corporate Communication Head Bong Osorio and after checking with ABS-CBN Television Head Cory Vidanes categorically stated: “There is no plan for ABS-CBN to remake ‘Twilight.’”

Source: Yehey.com

Source: http://community.livejournal.com/lion_lamb/3190890.html
1438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Mordor
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
No offence but I feel somehow relieved
1024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Auckland NZ
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
Who ever started this hoax should be hang and burn in a stake...
Many foreigners from different walks of life and MANY Filipinos, because of this hoax, has made a mark of hatered towards Filipino/Philippines. I, being a Filipino, not ashamed but very disappointed because because of this, Filipino Pride has again gone done...

If you started this hoax, better hide... because I'll hunt you till the day I die...
5396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / City of Angels. o:)
Offline
Posted 12/27/08

achilles007 wrote:

Who ever started this hoax should be hang and burn in a stake...
Many foreigners from different walks of life and MANY Filipinos, because of this hoax, has made a mark of hatered towards Filipino/Philippines. I, being a Filipino, not ashamed but very disappointed because because of this, Filipino Pride has again gone done...

If you started this hoax, better hide... because I'll hunt you till the day I die...


lol. It'd fun to hunt 'em. well, I'm glad it was just a hoax.
1024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Auckland NZ
Offline
Posted 12/27/08

redstarestelle wrote:


achilles007 wrote:

Who ever started this hoax should be hang and burn in a stake...
Many foreigners from different walks of life and MANY Filipinos, because of this hoax, has made a mark of hatered towards Filipino/Philippines. I, being a Filipino, not ashamed but very disappointed because because of this, Filipino Pride has again gone done...

If you started this hoax, better hide... because I'll hunt you till the day I die...


lol. It'd fun to hunt 'em. well, I'm glad it was just a hoax.


Yeah Same... The movie was enough disappointement for me...
397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / the place were je...
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
buti na lang hahahahaha
541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / sumwhere out there!
Offline
Posted 12/27/08 , edited 12/27/08
well good riddance they didn't continue the movie...
i don't like them to make any remake at all.

THE ORIGINAL's THE BEST!!!

1915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
Psh, it was probably some anti-Filipino remake person who made this up for fun, and then all of a sudden everyone started freaking out when they saw the words 'Twilight' and 'Filipino remake' in the same sentence, so they blew it out of proportion.

I'm pretty sure that if any Asian country were to do a Twilight remake, it would be Japan or Korea.
9584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
*sigh
i feel somewhat relieved.
:)
16213 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
HAHAHA....yay ^^! im really happy now.!
1672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
yipee! thank God it's not true. i've been praying that they won't push through with that remake thing!haha.
549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Surabaya
Offline
Posted 12/27/08

christine_rad15 wrote:

well good riddance they didn't continue the movie...
i don't like them to make any remake at all.

THE ORIGINAL's THE BEST!!!




agreee xD


353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Seoul, SK, but us...
Offline
Posted 12/27/08
I knew it haha! this poster says it all: Its just a hoax! haha!


Posted 12/27/08
THX GOD... Im happy Yipee
Posted 12/27/08
That poster...yikes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.