First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
As a child, was there ever a word you had trouble saying?
5601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/3/09 , edited 1/3/09

EuphoricMoon wrote:

I can't pronounce letter 'R' straightly. I pronounce it as 'L' . =/


Quite typical for asians too (don't know if you are asian) as it isn't normally a part of their every day vocabulary I don't recall ever having any major problems pronouncing any words as I can remember from when I was a kid, learned to talk really early too, around the age of 9 to 10 months or so
646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
i would say soldier instead of shoulder...
but i had no trouble with swear words weird huh lol
2669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Right there
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
i had trouble saying "dog" in spanish of course....witch is "perrito" but i always ended up saying "pedito" witch means "fart"
Posted 1/3/09
mmm none at that age... only hwen i was about 4, I had problems problems pronouncing "turtle" in spanish... that is "tortuga"... I always said totuga... but i didn't know i was saying it wrong XD
1170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Pandas live in Be...
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
Spaghetti.
Specific, I still have a hard time saying that.
D;
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
I had trouble with the word 'academy' when I was little. I would always pronounce the word as 'a-ka-dem-mee' until about age 14-ish, maybe older.

Right at this moment, I sometimes have problems with pronouncing 'screen'. Sometimes I say 'suqueen' when speaking too much or speaking in alliterations, but so far, no one has noticed. Thankfully.
Posted 1/8/09

TorSimon wrote:


EuphoricMoon wrote:

I can't pronounce letter 'R' straightly. I pronounce it as 'L' . =/


Quite typical for asians too (don't know if you are asian) as it isn't normally a part of their every day vocabulary I don't recall ever having any major problems pronouncing any words as I can remember from when I was a kid, learned to talk really early too, around the age of 9 to 10 months or so :)


Yeshh, I'm an Asian. I'm still having difficulties. =/
929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / South Florida
Offline
Posted 1/8/09
yes... but as a kid the catholic priest swore he'd send the Vatican to kill me if i ever said it....
5601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/8/09

EuphoricMoon wrote:


TorSimon wrote:


EuphoricMoon wrote:

I can't pronounce letter 'R' straightly. I pronounce it as 'L' . =/


Quite typical for asians too (don't know if you are asian) as it isn't normally a part of their every day vocabulary I don't recall ever having any major problems pronouncing any words as I can remember from when I was a kid, learned to talk really early too, around the age of 9 to 10 months or so :)


Yeshh, I'm an Asian. I'm still having difficulties. =/


Point proven Anyways you are "only" 13 (and I'm only 16), and (both of us) have a lot of time (actually statistically about 60-70 years or so) to learn. So why stress? I don't stress about anything, atleast I like to think so. But there are Very few things that stress me, the reason is not because I am careless (which I also am a bit to be honest ) but mostly because I have chosen not to stress with life, not to work the hell out of me and enjoy life to the fullest Some call me lazy, I call them worryfarts
5601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/8/09

dayum18 wrote:

i would say soldier instead of shoulder...
but i had no trouble with swear words weird huh lol


Maybe you practiced them more
20652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / my mind is in my...
Offline
Posted 1/8/09
i could never say "specific" it always came out "pacific"
377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Washington
Offline
Posted 1/8/09
Crayon and three.

Said like "Crown, or tree".
3090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / The Kingdom
Offline
Posted 1/8/09
Yellow... "Lellow"
Posted 1/9/09

TorSimon wrote:


EuphoricMoon wrote:


TorSimon wrote:


EuphoricMoon wrote:

I can't pronounce letter 'R' straightly. I pronounce it as 'L' . =/


Quite typical for asians too (don't know if you are asian) as it isn't normally a part of their every day vocabulary I don't recall ever having any major problems pronouncing any words as I can remember from when I was a kid, learned to talk really early too, around the age of 9 to 10 months or so :)


Yeshh, I'm an Asian. I'm still having difficulties. =/


Point proven Anyways you are "only" 13 (and I'm only 16), and (both of us) have a lot of time (actually statistically about 60-70 years or so) to learn. So why stress? I don't stress about anything, atleast I like to think so. But there are Very few things that stress me, the reason is not because I am careless (which I also am a bit to be honest ) but mostly because I have chosen not to stress with life, not to work the hell out of me and enjoy life to the fullest Some call me lazy, I call them worryfarts


LOOOL. My friends tease me because I`m like that. But, I`m not stressing myself. I`m just kinda frustrated. =/
Yeah, I`m lazy as hell. I procastinate a lot.

29707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Singaporeee
Offline
Posted 1/9/09
i dont rmb ><
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.