First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Otaku
5317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/08

Tochiroh wrote:

I don't think there could be an accurate quiz to determine whether or not you're an Otaku. All they can really ask is trivia, and with the sheer volume of material, it's possible to have spent your entire life watching anime and have nver seen or heard of the ones they ask questions about.


But I wouldn't ask trivia questions. More like questions about whether you've ever cosplayed, or been to a convention, that sort of thing.

273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / Derris Kharran
Offline
Posted 12/30/08
Now that I actually think about it, instead of answering on impulse, Faldwin's got a point. I just have a problem with quizzes and test that apply labels in any way; they just bug me.

Screw you, MENSA.
641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / everywhere but no...
Offline
Posted 12/30/08
i is an anime otaku deal with it!
5317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/08

Tochiroh wrote:
I just have a problem with quizzes and test that apply labels in any way; they just bug me.

Screw you, MENSA.


An excellent point, which is why identifying as an otaku, is one of the most important qualifications.

For example, if you watch the Naruto dub on tv, and you liked Spirited Away, then I wouldn't consider you an otaku. But if that same person called themselves an otaku, then I would accept that.

76131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/30/08 , edited 12/30/08
of course that's their life no one can't against it i know this coz i'm an otaku
lkmjr 
56513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Dreamland....
Offline
Posted 12/30/08
People who spend money on anime and otakus are two totaly different things. Most of the people who spend money on anime are doing it so that they can support the industry, not because thay're so obsessive they're willing to waste their money on it. And it depends on what sort of otaku you're reffering to. If you mean someone who has no social life at all and shuts him/herself in their house all day watching anime and manga, then no. If you mean it in US terms, that is a person who's like an anime guru or something like that, then maybe. I personally think maintaining a life outside of anime and manga is an important thing (knowing the names of every Pokemon is great, but if there was to be a nuclear war going on here in the States, that's more important than the next episode of Gintama or whatever), so someone who dedicates themselves completely to anime isn't really praiseworthy in my opinion.
2545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In tha Houze
Offline
Posted 12/30/08
yes, they're still human beings
5317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/08

lkmjr wrote:

People who spend money on anime and otakus are two totaly different things. Most of the people who spend money on anime are doing it so that they can support the industry, not because thay're so obsessive they're willing to waste their money on it.


I'm confused. It sounds like you're implying, that when obsessed people spend money on anime, then it is a waste, but more casual viewers are supporting the industry. Money is money, if you spend it on anime, you're supporting the industry.

3896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/08
for me... who cares, it's their money anyways.. who are we to judge them? that's their life...
lkmjr 
56513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Dreamland....
Offline
Posted 12/30/08

Faldwin wrote:


lkmjr wrote:

People who spend money on anime and otakus are two totaly different things. Most of the people who spend money on anime are doing it so that they can support the industry, not because thay're so obsessive they're willing to waste their money on it.


I'm confused. It sounds like you're implying, that when obsessed people spend money on anime, then it is a waste, but more casual viewers are supporting the industry. Money is money, if you spend it on anime, you're supporting the industry.



No, let me rephrase. What I'm saying is people who spend money on anime mostly aren't otakus, and just prefer to support the industry by buying DVDs and anime-related products then spend their time watching fansubbed eps. Obsessive fans who buy everything that even barrely reminds them of anime are wasting their money, though. Despite the fact that my bicycle bell's packaging has a vaguely anime-like drawing on it, that doesn't mean it's related to anime. If you bought it just because it reminds you of anime and don't intend to actually use it (much less ride a bicycle) then yes, you wasted your money.
1131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / earth
Offline
Posted 12/30/08
I would buy the DVDs however... Not in japan...
183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / SomeWhere in Sing...
Offline
Posted 12/30/08

animecrystal16 wrote:

yes respect otakus or maybe they will become ur boss later in life.and also respect them because they are in a world u can never be in


ugh..wad u mean by that...you could juz become a hardcore Otaku over the weekend man...loz

Topic:I guess so..they are ppl too =3
Tink they should deserve respect as they aren't doing anything wrong =3
24494 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 12/30/08 , edited 12/30/08
Why shouldn't otakus deserve any respect from people? they are just the same as us just that they are huge fanatics of something (anime), they like to buy stuff, but NEETS therefor THEY don't imo deserve any respect since they are just bleh disguisting, learn to go out and get a job and not get cash from your parents.

Me myself is an Otaku (not hardcore though), i have alot of anime stuff at home, i'm ashamed of myself? nope since i don't give a shit what people think/say about me or the other otakus. Leave them alone, they won't care even if you critize them (grammar?).

This is some of my opinion on this! =D
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/08

yaidoll wrote:


Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


yaidoll wrote:

I think otaku in general, weather we spend money or not should all diserve respect, we r ppl too.
I mean, what they r doing to us in Akihabara is retarded and so degrading to the otaku comunity, so I say yes, give us some respect!


what? what are they doing to u guys in Akihabara? what is that? where is that..


Akihabara is the anime capital of the world, its in Japan and lately the police has been treading us like delincuents, they even search our bags in hopes of finding weapons.
We don't even hurt a fly!


why are otakus compared to as delinquents? why would an otaku be associated with violence and weapons?? why is an otaku considered bad, even by the police. i dont understand.
183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / SomeWhere in Sing...
Offline
Posted 12/30/08 , edited 12/30/08

Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


yaidoll wrote:


Teresa_Yuuki wrote:


yaidoll wrote:

I think otaku in general, weather we spend money or not should all diserve respect, we r ppl too.
I mean, what they r doing to us in Akihabara is retarded and so degrading to the otaku comunity, so I say yes, give us some respect!


what? what are they doing to u guys in Akihabara? what is that? where is that..


Akihabara is the anime capital of the world, its in Japan and lately the police has been treading us like delincuents, they even search our bags in hopes of finding weapons.
We don't even hurt a fly!


why are otakus compared to as delinquents? why would an otaku be associated with violence and weapons?? why is an otaku considered bad, even by the police. i dont understand.


Erh Maybe cause Some Otakus get influenced by the Anime they watch so they could have juz watched a Gore/Violent Anime a few hours ago and have a twisted mind?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.