First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Is the existence of racial genetic superiority substantiated?
658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In your imaginati...
Offline
Posted 12/30/08
Browsing across the net I came up on a Nordicism site. Naturally they were advocating for racial supremacy, however they were not using some warped psycho-social reasoning. Their arguments had evolved or mutated to the point where scientific justification, they insinuated, formed a solid basis upon which there beliefs could be vindicated.

Naturally superior being a subjective term, it for the most part dwells in the realms of relativity and hence boundaries must be set to confine it to some point of objectivity.
However through what process does one proceed to determine racial genetic superiority?
As, is prominent in nature each race of a particular specie possess individual distinguishing attributes that essentially makes it superior to the other and humans are no exception. So how does one go about attempting to derive from a predominantly nebulous and subjective concept such as this, a general answer (not an absolute one)?

The term superior is an infinitely broad concept, hence specific examples must be identified and then perhaps accumulated and the analysed for one to arrive at an over all conclusion............I suppose. But then there are a seemingly infinite occasions in which superiority can be perceived.

At this point in time I'm in a conundrum

What are your views on the matter?
Posted 12/30/08
quote directly from this site you encountered - with link(s)
99577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Charlotte
Offline
Posted 12/31/08
racial genetic superiority itself sounds odd to me. But I guess I could give it a try. First of all we were all thrown on this earth equal, then we were made different and mankind enslaved one another. Giving different 'races' as mankind sooner then later called it these attributes. But most of this is based on religious thoughts (not my own).
I don't believe that you can actually find that racial genetic superiority, there is too much to take a look at. Science has a hard enough time trying to understand the soul and free will. Science doesn't nearly cover and or understand the humans (animals/nature) enough to answer that question. (I believe)
Posted 1/13/09

LamiaZlogonje wrote:

racial genetic superiority itself sounds odd to me. But I guess I could give it a try. First of all we were all thrown on this earth equal, then we were made different and mankind enslaved one another. Giving different 'races' as mankind sooner then later called it these attributes. But most of this is based on religious thoughts (not my own).
I don't believe that you can actually find that racial genetic superiority, there is too much to take a look at. Science has a hard enough time trying to understand the soul and free will. Science doesn't nearly cover and or understand the humans (animals/nature) enough to answer that question. (I believe)


that is so true! finally someone else knows the truth...
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/13/09
UM, i'll get back to you on that.......
559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Feminism is made...
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
When it comes down to it, races(as in colors) have their own advantage. Blacks (yes, with black skin) for example. Studies show that they are more resistant to skin cancer compared to Whites and Browns.
But if by supremacy you mean a race that rules the others or is the best of all, that is more of an opinion than that of genetics. Humans have identical set of chromosomes and genomes(unless of course mutation happened to them) so there is almost no significant difference on their make ups that makes them superior to others. They are pretty much equal.
So racial superiority is quite possibly only an agenda to have power over others, or just one of the social bigotry. Or just wanting to be better than someone else, which is more on the biased side than the genetic side of it.
2285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/14/09 , edited 1/14/09
race is a concept invented by europeans during the colonial period
2724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / big UK chinatown
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

Narc_7 wrote:

Browsing across the net I came up on a Nordicism site. Naturally they were advocating for racial supremacy, however they were not using some warped psycho-social reasoning. Their arguments had evolved or mutated to the point where scientific justification, they insinuated, formed a solid basis upon which there beliefs could be vindicated.

Naturally superior being a subjective term, it for the most part dwells in the realms of relativity and hence boundaries must be set to confine it to some point of objectivity.
However through what process does one proceed to determine racial genetic superiority?
As, is prominent in nature each race of a particular specie possess individual distinguishing attributes that essentially makes it superior to the other and humans are no exception. So how does one go about attempting to derive from a predominantly nebulous and subjective concept such as this, a general answer (not an absolute one)?

The term superior is an infinitely broad concept, hence specific examples must be identified and then perhaps accumulated and the analysed for one to arrive at an over all conclusion............I suppose. But then there are a seemingly infinite occasions in which superiority can be perceived.

At this point in time I'm in a conundrum

What are your views on the matter?


show us the site some links plz
2724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / big UK chinatown
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

Narc_7 wrote:

Browsing across the net I came up on a Nordicism site. Naturally they were advocating for racial supremacy, however they were not using some warped psycho-social reasoning. Their arguments had evolved or mutated to the point where scientific justification, they insinuated, formed a solid basis upon which there beliefs could be vindicated.

Naturally superior being a subjective term, it for the most part dwells in the realms of relativity and hence boundaries must be set to confine it to some point of objectivity.
However through what process does one proceed to determine racial genetic superiority?
As, is prominent in nature each race of a particular specie possess individual distinguishing attributes that essentially makes it superior to the other and humans are no exception. So how does one go about attempting to derive from a predominantly nebulous and subjective concept such as this, a general answer (not an absolute one)?

The term superior is an infinitely broad concept, hence specific examples must be identified and then perhaps accumulated and the analysed for one to arrive at an over all conclusion............I suppose. But then there are a seemingly infinite occasions in which superiority can be perceived.

At this point in time I'm in a conundrum

What are your views on the matter?


why is it black people on hear always make threads attacking white people and try to demonize them, u think asians are stupid or something you think we dont see what your doing . hhmmm

i would like to see some links to this site. or is there a site?? lets wait and see.

why dont you talk about the black panthers who want to kill everyone except black people you want to talk about them to dude.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

treasonirish wrote:

why is it black people on hear always make threads attacking white people and try to demonize them, u think asians are stupid or something you think we dont see what your doing . hhmmm


The OP never said anything about white people in general, just a specific group of people who happened to be white. The thread is about the idea racial superiority in general, not just the black vs. white side of it. I don't see many threads made by black people just to attack white people, I, a black guy, most likely would've noticed that and complained about it. It seems like you're the one trying to "demonize" black people and make it seem like all we do is complain about how white people are holding us down. You're focusing on the negative group of black people who do that and claiming that we are all like that, just like they only focus on the negative group of white people who are "keeping them down" and claim that all white people are bad.


why dont you talk about the black panthers who want to kill everyone except black people you want to talk about them to dude.

The Black Panthers never advocated the idea of black superiority, they resisted people whom they felt were oppressing them, which happened to be a certain group of white people, but not all of them.


shinto-male wrote:

race is a concept invented by europeans during the colonial period


Racism was around long before that, most likely even before the first civilizations started.
Posted 1/18/09
Genetic superiority based on race? That's a bit tricky. You could argue a racial curve towards a more developed trait, but not complete superiority. Individual genetic superiority (intelligence, etc) is very much real, and you'd have to be a fool to doubt it's existence.
1186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Leading your nigh...
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
It's all about what a person has been exposed to. As a child born to a white mother and a black father, I feel as though I'm a part of everyone.

The thought of racial supremacy makes me laugh, they are arguing using science, but science is always proven wrong by more science and it eventually leads to an endless cycle of proof.

It's also been said that eventually, if people continue on breeding with races outside of their own, then eventually most of humanity will be ranging from a slight tannish color to a honey brown color.. in other words, supremacism may not really be a factor... or maybe that the very tiny bit of optimism that's hiding somewhere inside of me
5355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
REPORTED FOR PLAGIARISM!!!
Posted 1/20/09

AleeceNoTenshi wrote:

It's all about what a person has been exposed to. As a child born to a white mother and a black father, I feel as though I'm a part of everyone.

The thought of racial supremacy makes me laugh, they are arguing using science, but science is always proven wrong by more science and it eventually leads to an endless cycle of proof.

It's also been said that eventually, if people continue on breeding with races outside of their own, then eventually most of humanity will be ranging from a slight tannish color to a honey brown color.. in other words, supremacism may not really be a factor... or maybe that the very tiny bit of optimism that's hiding somewhere inside of me :P


I agree.
Posted 1/20/09
Uhm, the only "superior" race I can think of, would be black people in America. Due to the slavery, the strongest black people would be the ones with the greatest chance of survival (duh, it is/was like this in nature as well, but due to the circumstances, this case is quite extreme and would really put survivability to the test).
That's why black americans are doing so well in sports and are proving superior to most other nations in the olympic games for instance.

Furthermore, scientists have found african women resistant to HIV/AIDS, and as far as I know, only black women... But, that might be more of a coincidence due to the circumstances with HIV/AIDS in Africa, rather than the Africans being more resistant to HIV/AIDS.

In general there's probably no real superior race. Surely you'll find that white people will be more tolerate to something, blakc people to something else and asians to a third thing. But that's probably only because of the surroundings and what the races have been exposed to in their natural environment.

..Bottomline, we're probably all more or less the same.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.