phones capable of reading manga off the internet
7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 12/31/08 , edited 12/31/08
i'm getting a new phone in february and that's one of the main features i need. The phone i'm aiming towards right now is the iphone 3g since it reads manga online and i can watch videos on youtube

any other phones capable of reading manga online?

what's the best phone for reading manga online?

any phones with flashplayer that can read manga online?



i have at&t too so no t-mobile stuff etc...

this is for manga on the go like when i'm at school or when i'm doing a "#1"
Posted 12/31/08
ummm any phone just as long as it has internet access basically. But phones like the iphone are the best. but my ipod touch can do that also. but it's not a phone.
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/08
for web browsing the blackberry storm is better and faster, but the iphone web broswer is fine. it just crashes sometimes.
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 12/31/08
Well, its a stupid way of doing it, the image is going to be so small i doubt your going to actually be able to read the letters, but with the iPhone you can zoom in, so yea, I guess go with the iPhone 3G. BUt all and all it's far easier to use a computer.
11066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / nJ
Offline
Posted 12/31/08
i got nokia and it's good...my sis got n80 which is way better..it has also a wifi.....and u can read manga there too....not all phones even though it has internet access can read online manga..
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 12/31/08
lol trust me its not even worth it to read manga off iphone, the pages load up slowly even if your connected to wifi and u have to be constantly zooming. i have an iphone, never read manga with it, but ive tried its internet features enough to know what would happen if u read manga. Don't get me wrong iphone is a cool phone, just that its a hassle to browse the internet. only use if you are desperate
7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 12/31/08

LemonyPanda wrote:

lol trust me its not even worth it to read manga off iphone, the pages load up slowly even if your connected to wifi and u have to be constantly zooming. i have an iphone, never read manga with it, but ive tried its internet features enough to know what would happen if u read manga. Don't get me wrong iphone is a cool phone, just that its a hassle to browse the internet. only use if you are desperate


i've used the iphone 3g to read manga from onemanga the phone had its own internet though no need for wifi
the loading times weren't even that bad(faster than my schools computer when browsing on the internet)

you don't need to zoom either with the iphone if you hold it sideways then the webpage rotates and it's bigger

but i still want better and cheaper...

7801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pinsnotch2
Offline
Posted 12/31/08

azn099 wrote:

for web browsing the blackberry storm is better and faster, but the iphone web broswer is fine. it just crashes sometimes.


do you have a blackberry storm with internet? if so can i see a pic of it reading manga off onemanga

10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/31/08

wolzen wrote:


azn099 wrote:

for web browsing the blackberry storm is better and faster, but the iphone web broswer is fine. it just crashes sometimes.


do you have a blackberry storm with internet? if so can i see a pic of it reading manga off onemanga



i don't have a blackberry storm. the iphone's display screen is a little bigger than the storm's though.

pretty much every smart phone nowadays has a decent web browser.
Posted 12/31/08
I have the iPhone 3G and highly recommend it. It's great for checking email, browsing, and other stuff, like youtube...
Posted 12/31/08

azn099 wrote:

for web browsing the blackberry storm is better and faster, but the iphone web broswer is fine. it just crashes sometimes.


It's actually quite the opposite... The iPhone's web browsing is superior to the Storm, just look at all the comparison videos. Plus, what's this load of bs about crashing? The browser never crashed once for me.
53940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/31/08
There are phones that can't even let you go to the sites... So I recommend the smartphones, Blackberry Storm, iPhone 3G or the Nokia n96~
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 1/1/09

wolzen wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

lol trust me its not even worth it to read manga off iphone, the pages load up slowly even if your connected to wifi and u have to be constantly zooming. i have an iphone, never read manga with it, but ive tried its internet features enough to know what would happen if u read manga. Don't get me wrong iphone is a cool phone, just that its a hassle to browse the internet. only use if you are desperate


i've used the iphone 3g to read manga from onemanga the phone had its own internet though no need for wifi
the loading times weren't even that bad(faster than my schools computer when browsing on the internet)

you don't need to zoom either with the iphone if you hold it sideways then the webpage rotates and it's bigger

but i still want better and cheaper...



3g is too slow for me...about as fast as dialup but whatever floats ur boat
You must be logged in to post.