First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Why you should quit Crunchyland
Xaszx 
29650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Rawr!
Offline
Posted 1/3/09

DarkSoulFlame wrote:

Can someone EXPLAIN WTF is crunchyland??? What's it about?
I tried it a bit and what are the basics and stuff?


Crunchyland is basicly a hack and slash flash animation game, its very straightforward and simple, users submit items they wish to see in game as well as their own designs, most use it to create an avatar that looks like them..however others treat it as a normal game

This thread was created in opposition to the game element being ruined for the rest of us due to items being approved that are off base,overpowering, or not unfair to the rest of the avatar classes.

lol i hope it helps xD as well, the basics can be found in the forums as well as how to make a character,etc..if your interested
34124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
I dunno,but,heck,he may have a ponit,but,we can't just quit thtat easily,how about you should try play some outdorr sport,rather thna playing some game that looks like pokemoncrater..
1384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Universe
Offline
Posted 1/3/09

Vikusha wrote:

umm Crunchyland is just for fun. Its not like you have to pay to play it :p Both of you if you don't like the onigri appearing on crunchyland, then how about to draw other same type NPC? And you will not complain about population of onigri?

And yea i agree items in diff section. :p stats changed. well you can make item maximum to 3 stats, no more than 3? :p but i saw higher items have more hmm maybe it depends on lvl?


hehe yeah it depends on the level. the higher the level, the more stats you use to distribute to the item

Moderator
30324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naha, Okinawa - D...
Offline
Posted 1/6/09 , edited 1/6/09

Vikusha wrote:

umm Crunchyland is just for fun. Its not like you have to pay to play it :p Both of you if you don't like the onigri appearing on crunchyland, then how about to draw other same type NPC? And you will not complain about population of onigri?

And yea i agree items in diff section. :p stats changed. well you can make item maximum to 3 stats, no more than 3? :p but i saw higher items have more hmm maybe it depends on lvl?


ilike wrote:

i dunt even no how 2 upload an item, it said "transparency" or sumthing


You need to thoroughly read these two stickied threads before thinking of designing an item:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-382437/So-you-want-your-items-approved.html
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-364087/Official-Item-Stat-Guide.html
81 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/09
Was just wondering... will there be a character wipe after beta....... if yes , we should quit now and waiting till
its over beta... and maybe that time...CL will prosper.....

then again if we all quit...who is there to test the game and make suggestions
Posted 1/7/09
No. I will never quit. NEVERRRR.
Xaszx 
29650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Rawr!
Offline
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/7/09
at the time of which this message is written, it has been proven just how ridiculous crunchyland has gotten within the last two weeks, i respect the mods on their decisions, however you gotta admit its getting quite out of hand in regards to the bishi avatar...

currently speaking this is what this one avatar has while others do not

1k-1.3k fire damage which means its invincible
600 physical defense which takes the "low defense" argument out the window
3-4k health which should not be possible even for a pure vit character build

This makes this one avatar 3-4 times better than every other avatar..and well..what does anyone have to say? "its all legal"....i tip my hat off to those who say this, by any chance..is crunchyland a game? if yes...how many years do you personally have with MMO's and RPG's and item coding with open sourced game servers to back up your argument....im glad it is indeed in beta..since beta on 99.9% of the games out there means its in testing..nothing permanent..however..it has been noted that shinji has said there will be no wipe...which brings the question "why play a game when there is no game aspect due to nuked items and users going through the loopholes of the make your own item addition"

I hope that everyone decides to quit crunchyland (regarding the game aspect) in protest to the abuse of power given to users..but this is all just opinion from someone with coding experience and gaming experience close to 15 years...its not like what i say might mean anything..its not like i might know anything about "balance" within games >.>

P.S - Yes i am indeed not in the happiest of moods, since i love the idea of crunchyland as a way to interact with fellow CR users as well as play a RPG "like" game...i am not in the least bit happy with the direction the game aspect is going...and want to advise everyone on the dangers of treating CRL anything close to a game...i mean...when you have an avatar that has 5 item layers (good items i might add) in one section (which is highly illegal) and another avatar has well..one item layer that is 3x better...wouldnt that be..oh..lets say...not right? i mean..it means i have to cheat to get better and even if i cheated..it would be nothing compared to a legal item...imagine what a non cheat character must look like...how ironic -.-'

In regards to this forum post, it is not breaking any rules, this is an open discussion of the community initiated by me with a relevance to quitting the "game aspect" due to concerns in game/avatar abuse...and yes i do mean abuse..since overpowered items are done/created intentionally without concern about how it would affect users who want to play a different avatar..if you would like to argue this point about item stats, feel free to PM me, however please do not hold a grudge if it just so happens to prove: 1: Your wrong, or 2: I'm right...because believe me...one of the two will happen either way >.>

Please do not tell me this forum post should be deleted, otherwise i'll be glad to PM you a plethora of argumentative points regarding why a post about teen/pre-teen sexual behavior is not deleted and why this one should be, it just proves to everyone how thought provoking your posts are, sorry =P

Edit: Regarding to what i said above, this does not apply to moderators of any kind, only users, since if a mod deems this as inappropriate/out of place/useless, i must respect their decision <3..even if i strongly disagree with it

Please keep it on topic, even if it's to say why or why not you quit or don't want to quit...

and Finally, I refer to quitting the gaming aspect, not the game itself, since communicating and decorating your avatar is the high point and the reason why CRL was made in the first place...I believe everyone should play CRL for these two points but should refrain from leveling/dueling since it is very biased towards a few select avatars only

another thing, if an avatar has 10 items at lvl 60 while another has 20..it does not mean you can upgrade your items because there are only a select few for your avatar...for example..one avatar has 300 items for below lvl 10..when you can get to lvl 10 in less than 20 mins >.>...seriously...wtf...

i understand that users want their items for different levels..but honestly..it makes no sense sometimes...id rather see the artist having an original of their created item while an edited version was made available to the public...that way when u create an item..the stats you put on it is unique and can be used how you want it to be used..while different levels can be evened out a bit...*sigh* i guess it will just end up as banter yet again..

~Xaszx~

Edit: After careful thoughts, i want to apologize ahead of time to any mod who might get offended by what i say, i do realise what you have to work with, i do know your doing your best, and i do know that most of what im "complaining" about are things that are completely out of your hands, please know that i do appreciate the work everyone does on this section of CR and that my complaint is not directly with the establishment, but those who use the establishment for their own selfish goals, with that said, i do not apologize to any user who gets offended by this...since the problem is within users and not within the moderators or creators...i just wanted to clear that up since it might sound like my tone is directed towards those who arent to blame *cough*

Edit+: if someone could please find where shinji supposedly says there will be no wipe..it would highly be appreciated..otherwise if it can't be found..ill probably be ecstatic since the game will have a real BETA....although im sure shinji has his own goals in mind, i mean..hes like ssj3 by now..ne?


yamunarage wrote:

Was just wondering... will there be a character wipe after beta....... if yes , we should quit now and waiting till
its over beta... and maybe that time...CL will prosper.....

then again if we all quit...who is there to test the game and make suggestions


well BETA usually means to test for bugs,etc..most bugs arent inclined towards a certain level..so it wouldnt affect the testing part of the game...as well..ive stated a few select bugs and have yet to see some of them fixed..not sure if the game needs more testing but thats just imo o.o..and i will say this...i agree on hoping for a chara reset and quitting until then, CL will definitely prosper afterwards =)

if we all quiteded CL, one of two things would happen..1: No-one would notice (since the server shouldn't be able to handle a db of all initiated battles) and 2: No-one would care (when there is nothing to gain, there is nothing to lose, so says the panda)

however if we all refused to play and stated our opinions why in the public forum, we would then be inclined to get our message across to the Crunchyland God(s)..and hopefully our message will be responded with a "Yo" in a kool smexy way of talking xD since thats how Crunchyland God(s) talk =3
Moderator
30324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naha, Okinawa - D...
Offline
Posted 1/7/09
He had posted in the thread "Crunchyland is not free" that it will be free forever, but I can't recall if/where he said anything about a wipe. I think the "game" system is far from out of beta, though. We still need to get those item bugs fixed, so there's nothing us CRL mods can do about those kinds of things.

I think one of the goals of leveling up is to get new items, and such... well that's just my reason(though I've only reached 28ish, not enough to use some of my own item designs). Some people level because they want to be the best, or have fame/respect. Some people are downright bored(lol). There's different reasons.
These days I haven't been actually leveling, but just sitting in the chat to monitor spam and just chat.

Due to the fact that I do not have a high level avatar, I cannot test whether an item will be "overpowered" or not. However, I have been spreading out the stat points more for the fire set, since it seems to be worried about the most...

So if a changed item is still overpowered, you should report it saying what stat is too high, and such. It's hard for me, since I don't know what average high levels need.
Xaszx 
29650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Rawr!
Offline
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/8/09

pikangie wrote:

He had posted in the thread "Crunchyland is not free" that it will be free forever, but I can't recall if/where he said anything about a wipe. I think the "game" system is far from out of beta, though. We still need to get those item bugs fixed, so there's nothing us CRL mods can do about those kinds of things.

I think one of the goals of leveling up is to get new items, and such... well that's just my reason(though I've only reached 28ish, not enough to use some of my own item designs). Some people level because they want to be the best, or have fame/respect. Some people are downright bored(lol). There's different reasons.
These days I haven't been actually leveling, but just sitting in the chat to monitor spam and just chat.

Due to the fact that I do not have a high level avatar, I cannot test whether an item will be "overpowered" or not. However, I have been spreading out the stat points more for the fire set, since it seems to be worried about the most...

So if a changed item is still overpowered, you should report it saying what stat is too high, and such. It's hard for me, since I don't know what average high levels need.


elemental dmg can pierce npc's and players more so then physical..since physical defense is easier to obtain than elemental defense..with that said..when the highest defense for physical is roughly 800..and the highest defense for any element is 200...it makes since that the maximum damages arent far from the maximum defenses...the maximum physical power is roughly around 1k with nuked items..and maximum elemental for the boy avatar with nuked items is roughly 300...the maximum amount for the bishi avatar is 1000 elemental dmg as well as 600 physical defense (on one set alone) with legal items... that is why i believe there is something wrong >.>...

the avg physical defense of a high lvl npc is roughly 900-1k..while the highest elemental defense of an average npc is no more than 20-30...when you have an npc that has a -100 defense value to fire..and you have a set that does 1k+ fire dmg..its roughly a 1-2 hit ko..when it takes me around 10-15 hits to kill the same creature..and roughly 20-30 hits plus 3-5 udon usages for normal players..this as well is something wrong >.>

i would report again pikangie..but the last time i reported items..some of the most overpowered items werent changed...users even knew this and wanted to abuse this..and the items were still..not changed...even when there were similiar items with the same effects..that were changed..these items were still..not changed...so its kinda hard to report an item for being overpowered..when in fact..in all reality..the item will probably not ever be changed..because the user is right and the mod is wrong when it comes to sets or so says what we call "follow the leader" instead of independent thought, and thus states the death of what we know as crunchyland >.> *sigh*



Santar wrote:


Xaszx wrote:



elemental dmg can pierce npc's and players more so then physical..since physical defense is easier to obtain than elemental defense..with that said..when the highest defense for physical is roughly 800..and the highest defense for any element is 200...it makes since that the maximum damages arent far from the maximum defenses...the maximum physical power is roughly around 1k with nuked items..and maximum elemental for the boy avatar with nuked items is roughly 300...the maximum amount for the bishi avatar is 1000 elemental dmg as well as 600 physical defense (on one set alone) with legal items... that is why i believe there is something wrong >.>...


Actually, in all reality, Elemental Defense is easier to obtain then Physical Defense, because it takes 10 Magic for 1 Elemental Defense, and 12 Strength for 1 Physical Defense. But that's not taking into account the vast amount of items that ignore elemental all together (attack and defense). But since 1 elemental defense is 1 point (though only for 1 element, if you're buying all 4 at once, its 4 points) and 1 physical defense is 1 point, they are actually just as easy to obtain as each other, assuming plentiful items to choose from for stats.

Honestly, I think we should do away with stats on items, and just allow people to wear whatever equipment they want, but assign the stats to them themselves. This would make all avatars equal, even the naked ones. It would also put less stress on designers to make a ton of items, just so people can use them for 2 levels.

EDIT: ok, let me clarify a bit incase people don't quite get what I'm saying. Implement some sort of "crafting" system, that allows me to change the stats on my items, depending on my level, give it whatever restrictions you feel would be warrented, and poof all avatars are equal.


unfortunately your talking about stats, when i have clearly stated in another thread why every stat but vitality is useless >.>...

i am talking about the maximum obtainable amount of elemental/physical defense..not how frequent it shows up

the crl creators have their own plans, we can suggest things we dont have control over, however most of the time, it will not change anything..however what we do have control over..we should indeed change and give our ideas..which is why im pushing for changed stats on items..not additional gaming mechanics which takes a month to even code >.>..sorry for the foul mood of tone..its just aggravating to see a good game go to waste >.>...no hard feelings intended <3


pulz19 wrote:

im just bored with complains... :S
why we dont put a max dmg on every item...
EXAMPLE:
lvl 85 weapon = 292 points
maximum on all skills is 85
thay way even if u got 11 parts with 85 points each u get up to 1100 and isnt super over powered...

if i didnt make it clear, u cant put a higher stats than the lvl of the item
if the item is 62 u cant pass that number over the item, cant pass 62 on fire... (fire dragon set...)
that way even with high lvl items it would not be overpowered...
and also they will need to be more balanced


i will end all these arguments with this last statement, 50% of the highest items available for the boy avatar had roughly the same stats as you put on your items..and were reported and changed due to being overpowered...most were severely reduced and had negatives to balance the item out..

your set when done in a mathematical sense is the same as 10+10=20..when it should roughly be 5-5/2*1.5=X..with X being roughly close enough to 0 (pure balance) without having a huge disadvantage...if you still cannot see the point after that..please converse yourself in mathematical algorithms used in simplistic flash MMO's to figure out just what balance means >.>



Santar 
54762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Modesto, California
Offline
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/7/09

Xaszx wrote:



elemental dmg can pierce npc's and players more so then physical..since physical defense is easier to obtain than elemental defense..with that said..when the highest defense for physical is roughly 800..and the highest defense for any element is 200...it makes since that the maximum damages arent far from the maximum defenses...the maximum physical power is roughly around 1k with nuked items..and maximum elemental for the boy avatar with nuked items is roughly 300...the maximum amount for the bishi avatar is 1000 elemental dmg as well as 600 physical defense (on one set alone) with legal items... that is why i believe there is something wrong >.>...


Actually, in all reality, Elemental Defense is easier to obtain then Physical Defense, because it takes 10 Magic for 1 Elemental Defense, and 12 Strength for 1 Physical Defense. But that's not taking into account the vast amount of items that ignore elemental all together (attack and defense). But since 1 elemental defense is 1 point (though only for 1 element, if you're buying all 4 at once, its 4 points) and 1 physical defense is 1 point, they are actually just as easy to obtain as each other, assuming plentiful items to choose from for stats.

Honestly, I think we should do away with stats on items, and just allow people to wear whatever equipment they want, but assign the stats to them themselves. This would make all avatars equal, even the naked ones. It would also put less stress on designers to make a ton of items, just so people can use them for 2 levels.

EDIT: ok, let me clarify a bit incase people don't quite get what I'm saying. Implement some sort of "crafting" system, that allows me to change the stats on my items, depending on my level, give it whatever restrictions you feel would be warrented, and poof all avatars are equal. I.E. I go to Shinji's shop, tell him "I'd like to change the stats on my items" and it brings up a new page that allows me to spend build points on my equipped items, to a max of what is allowed for my character level.


Xaszx wrote:

unfortunately your talking about stats, when i have clearly stated in another thread why every stat but vitality is useless >.>...

i am talking about the maximum obtainable amount of elemental/physical defense..not how frequent it shows up

the crl creators have their own plans, we can suggest things we dont have control over, however most of the time, it will not change anything..however what we do have control over..we should indeed change and give our ideas..which is why im pushing for changed stats on items..not additional gaming mechanics which takes a month to even code >.>..sorry for the foul mood of tone..its just aggravating to see a good game go to waste >.>...no hard feelings intended <3

Yea, I'm quite aware that everything but Vitality is useless, though something similar can be said for creating items by looking at the Bishi's example, everything but +elemental damage is near useless if you have enough +elemental damage, especially if that character is full vital (base 3k HP at level 99). Having +292 in any element (even lightning) on every single item would be 3212 damage (1-3212 for lightning, or 3212-3212 for earth) but would be perfectly legal under the rules, so I can easily understand what you are arguing about how items that follow the stat guide can still be overpowered. Hell, even half of that as elemental damage would still be overpowered if every single slot is contributing to it. Bishi's reached level 99 off of a level 62 set, that says something about the balance of the stat guide if nothing else, different things should be worth different point values (which would make building items much more complicated, but overall more balanced.) That or we need to find some other sort of viable means to balance avatar classes against both NPCs, and each other.

EDIT: Of course, such a change in the stat guide would make it take a fair while to update every single item to meet the standards.
2232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mexico Merida
Offline
Posted 1/8/09
im just bored with complains... :S
why we dont put a max dmg on every item...
EXAMPLE:
lvl 85 weapon = 292 points
maximum on all skills is 85
thay way even if u got 11 parts with 85 points each u get up to 1100 and isnt super over powered...

if i didnt make it clear, u cant put a higher stats than the lvl of the item
if the item is 62 u cant pass that number over the item, cant pass 62 on fire... (fire dragon set...)
that way even with high lvl items it would not be overpowered...
and also they will need to be more balanced
Moderator
30324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naha, Okinawa - D...
Offline
Posted 1/8/09
Have you checked the edited fire set? You should really try it out right now, and see if it is still too overpowered. I've probably evened the damage of the set to be equal to the other lv 60ish sets. As for the hammers, I added more elemental defense, whie reducing elemental damage, but other than that, it is a level 85 item, and so of course that item will be the strongest weapon out of the level 60ish ones...
2232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mexico Merida
Offline
Posted 1/8/09

pikangie wrote:

Have you checked the edited fire set? You should really try it out right now, and see if it is still too overpowered. I've probably evened the damage of the set to be equal to the other lv 60ish sets. As for the hammers, I added more elemental defense, whie reducing elemental damage, but other than that, it is a level 85 item, and so of course that item will be the strongest weapon out of the level 60ish ones...


-.- really now is changed? i only was able to get 1 axe... -.- i didnt get the full fire -.-
Xaszx 
29650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Rawr!
Offline
Posted 1/8/09

pikangie wrote:

Have you checked the edited fire set? You should really try it out right now, and see if it is still too overpowered. I've probably evened the damage of the set to be equal to the other lv 60ish sets. As for the hammers, I added more elemental defense, whie reducing elemental damage, but other than that, it is a level 85 item, and so of course that item will be the strongest weapon out of the level 60ish ones...


i have indeed checked the new stats for some of the items..they are done wonderfully well..and almost a bit too underpowered in some areas...however the main problems have yet to be adressed

such as this item below

http://www.crunchyroll.com/show/vitemclass/?id=35803

this item for example is "legal" when in fact..is so illegal it should have been changed a long time ago..but nope....doesnt matter since well...its okay for one avatar class to have an item like this while the closest thing to it is in fact an overpowered nuked item *sigh*

the only comparable legal thing i can find is this

http://www.crunchyroll.com/show/vitemclass/?id=23265
(this item i believe i either reported or felt the need to report (but didnt) because i felt it was too strong =/...but now only fails in comparison to the one noted above...)
with comparable illegal item being this

http://www.crunchyroll.com/show/vitemclass/?id=34663
~~~

i will state this again and ill even provide pictures

I have nuked items equipped on my main avatar, and since i am elemental, here are pretty much the best stats available while cheating



these stats are already..too powerful and can only be obtained though exploits

now lets take a look at this bishi avatar



hmm...2k hp...avg id say

but wait..whats that? more physical defense than I?
=o..that shouldnt be..

wait..1200 fire atk?

compared to my stats..1200 dmg is just too much for an avatar with nuked/cheated items

i guess cheating is nothing compared to a legal avatar...tsk tsk tsk..what has the world come to nowadays..

before you consider this as something minimal..i am not reffering to nuked items as cheating, but simply multiple item layers through a bug...yes i do know..its wrong..blah blah blah..i did it while testing out the bug and balance between items and avatars, why else would i report almost every item i own including others that are simply too powerful.>.>...

as well..there is a high level npc with a huge weakness to fire..this enables a 1-2 hit ko easily...fast lvling as well...

if anyone feels the need to say or think im complaining cause my avatar is now weak..#1 your wrong...and #2 your wrong...there are certain "things" that can be "done" to wipe the bishi class off the face of the earth through pvp..however id prolly get banned for exploiting something i shouldnt be exploiting >.>

ciao~
Moderator
30324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Naha, Okinawa - D...
Offline
Posted 1/8/09
I know that in the current state, Crunchyland in general is unfair... but all we can do is wait for the developers to fix the system for un-nuked items to have the intended updated stats.
However, even if that could be fixed, Crunchyland would probably still be unfair, but it would help greatly.

Aside from that, I have been thinking of putting a limit on the max number of points per stat... since that seems to be the main problem here.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.