Created by s_j_b
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Why you're staying?
Member
7330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / The Learner
Offline
Posted 1/1/09

shii21 wrote:

Why Am I Staying?

the fact that CR is part already of my life. plus, i got lots of friends and learning experience over here, one more thing is, i got my 1 yr anime membership too.. for free!! weeee!! i mean, its a gift, so yea, freee!! hahaah~


blackbelt7 is jealous
Member
Semaru 
30053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 1/1/09
I'm actually a newbie here... I pretty much started visiting this site because I heard CR was negotiating getting legitimate releases direct from the studios... I have a few shows that I have been downloading fansubs for, but I always feel so guilty because I really want to support the artists and makers of anime/ j-drama. I appreciate the subs because I don't speak japanese, but subbers don't actually make the shows I want to watch...so I'd rather make it clear to the people who are creating those shows that I'll really support them. With this new subscription thing, I can still watch my shows right away and not have to feel guilty, so I am very grateful to CR. I am hoping for more good things in 2009! Ganbatte!
Member
252501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / ふめい
Offline
Posted 1/1/09

blackbelt7 wrote:


shii21 wrote:

Why Am I Staying?

the fact that CR is part already of my life. plus, i got lots of friends and learning experience over here, one more thing is, i got my 1 yr anime membership too.. for free!! weeee!! i mean, its a gift, so yea, freee!! hahaah~


blackbelt7 is jealous


aww.. u can pay for your own membership.. or win in contest here or.. just look for someone who might want to give you a gift!! :D
Member
13092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/09
I have a lot of things to stay here.
I'm pretty much addicted to the forums. ^^
And I'm trying to stay active on groups so we can have good conversations! :D
and also my friends I hope they stay here too =P
Since Shinji is working with other companies for anime! We get free legeal anime yay!
Posted 1/1/09

s_j_b wrote:

For me it's a mixture of addiction and love for my cr family! ^-^

As a first generation super robot anime otaku, I'm here to help the CR users to appreciate, advocate, and to understand anime subculture. And to hope that a new generation of anime fans can have the chance to feel the same passion that I felt when I first saw anime.
3374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Goldenrod City, J...
Offline
Posted 1/1/09
I only joined because they went legit, I always thought Crunchy Roll was a stain on anime, a group of fans too cheap to care when anime is licensed, and hate it just because they have to buy it. Alot of those people are leaving so I'm good.
Member
301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / RP
Offline
Posted 1/1/09
i appreciate shiji's actions on respecting people's intellectual property..
Member
70430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin, United...
Offline
Posted 1/1/09
I just think it's the right move. I mean it will eventually lead to a better site. Plus I get most of the anime I watch anyway.(I only watch like 3 or 4 )
Guardian of A/M/P
65266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 1/1/09
I am staying here out of curiosity and watch Shinji's little experiment. Best wishes for crunchyroll.

Also, I am staying here because this thread is so much fun:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-350792/Anime-motivational-posters.html
* I know that you MODs are really familiar with this one. "LAWL"
Member
992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
anime land
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
i'm staying because i want to support the anime industry
and since crunchyroll will be working with the publishers to deliver legal anime streaming that means by supporting crunchyroll, i'll be supporting the anime publishers too
plus i think the anime membership price is reasonable and cheaper compared to buying the dvds just to watch it once

and as far as i know there's no licensed anime distributor in Malaysia
from what i heard... the shops here are selling bootlegs version obtained from Taiwan
and i've always thought they were original, i was tricked!
the videos are in 4:3 screen format, have dual audio (japanese and chinese) and multiple subtitles (chinese, english and malay)
however they have awful video quality and terrible english translation

i want to watch HD anime videos with proper translation!!
i want to support the anime industry!!!
so crunchyroll is my only hope
plz crunchyroll, plz make the videos available in Malaysia
Member
622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Beautiful world o...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
im staying because there's a lot of unusual people here... plus the ongoing change. you can say I want to know more about Crunchyroll.

And why should I leave? I can't miss this important part of Crunchyroll, the 'anime revolution'. I want to see or to be part of it... Even though most of the animes are not available in my region, animes are infinite. There will always be new ones that will be out.

Face the present, look forward.
Member
7330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / The Learner
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

siput_83 wrote:

i'm staying because i want to support the anime industry
and since crunchyroll will be working with the publishers to deliver legal anime streaming that means by supporting crunchyroll, i'll be supporting the anime publishers too
plus i think the anime membership price is reasonable and cheaper compared to buying the dvds just to watch it once

and as far as i know there's no licensed anime distributor in Malaysia
from what i heard... the shops here are selling bootlegs version obtained from Taiwan
and i've always thought they were original, i was tricked!
the videos are in 4:3 screen format, have dual audio (japanese and chinese) and multiple subtitles (chinese, english and malay)
however they have awful video quality and terrible english translation

i want to watch HD anime videos with proper translation!!
i want to support the anime industry!!!
so crunchyroll is my only hope
plz crunchyroll, plz make the videos available in Malaysia


Malay languge =


English language = me too, but, ignore it endure it~~
Member
992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
anime land
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

blackbelt7 wrote:

Malay languge =


English language = me too, but, ignore it endure it~~


dah tak larat nak bertahan lagi
translation: i can't endure it anymore


Member
29447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
LOL, I really hope most people stick around. You'd probably just end up regretting ever leaving, at a later date.

I just visited an old website I used to hang out at. It was oddly common for me to run into random DB fansub group subbers there, and I even regularly butted heads with a certain few. My point is.... (listen carefully)


It's a bit amusing for me to experience the contrast in atmosphere between Crunchyroll, and places like that old website.

-Here, you have members announcing armageddon, in a way, as they express their fears that it will now become evermore difficult for them to satisfy their anime fix... (which is totally the opposite of what I think Crunchyroll is trying to accomplish)
-However, over there, you have fansubbers announcing the apocalypse, in every way, as they express their dismay at having to discontinue their long-time subbing of one of their favorite anime, and their fears about all that is to come.

-The fansubbers seem to have a firm grasp of what Crunchyroll is accomplishing, and easily comprehend the scope of what is taking place. They realize that this is going to change the order of things as far as anime is concerned.
-However, so many of Crunchyroll's members can't see past two minutes from now, and are overreacting in some of the most ridiculously unintelligent ways, possible. o.o

I'd stay just to keep experiencing these to contrasting atmospheres, alone. (if I was even so silly as to let something like "change" motivate me to "leave").


Seriously.... Viva the Future
Posted 1/2/09

The_X_box_360 wrote:

LOL, I really hope most people stick around. You'd probably just end up regretting ever leaving, at a later date.

I just visited an old website I used to hang out at. It was oddly common for me to run into random DB fansub group subbers there, and I even regularly butted heads with a certain few. My point is.... (listen carefully)


It's a bit amusing for me to experience the contrast in atmosphere between Crunchyroll, and places like that old website.

-Here, you have members announcing armageddon, in a way, as they express their fears that it will now become evermore difficult for them to satisfy their anime fix... (which is totally the opposite of what I think Crunchyroll is trying to accomplish)
-However, over there, you have fansubbers announcing the apocalypse, in every way, as they express their dismay at having to discontinue their long-time subbing of one of their favorite anime, and their fears about all that is to come.

-The fansubbers seem to have a firm grasp of what Crunchyroll is accomplishing, and easily comprehend the scope of what is taking place. They realize that this is going to change the order of things as far as anime is concerned.
-However, so many of Crunchyroll's members can't see past two minutes from now, and are overreacting in some of the most ridiculously unintelligent ways, possible.
o.o

I'd stay just to keep experiencing these to contrasting atmospheres, alone. (if I was even so silly as to let something like "change" motivate me to "leave").


Seriously.... Viva the Future

That is an interesting observation that you just made, and one that's doesn't came across as surprising to me. For what do you expect from those who aren't told with the truth about the anime subculture, and had only been misled by lies and misconceptions.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.