First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What CR needs to do next?
3374 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Goldenrod City, J...
Online
Posted 1/1/09 , edited 1/1/09
Get worldwide rights is the #1 thing to do, I honestly am surprised how many people here are not from the USA.

Also have some anime available an hour after even without the stupid membership thing, Druaga is a big test for me because last year they showed it for free fast and doing it again is big.

Also Naruto is the main attraction and need great quality, I honestly will be watching Naruto on Hulu but if the quality is good enough here I may jump.

Also Kite Liberator can only be watched by Anime Members, that type of idea is bad.
Member
71432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin, United...
Offline
Posted 1/1/09
Just keep pushing for what it's been pushing for.

Many of you say worldwide rights. And, well they are already trying to get those.

But, I don't think you'll get anime an hour after airing for free. That would make it so less people buy the membership. And, thus companies teaming up with CR would leave.
Guardian of A/M/P
65272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 1/1/09 , edited 1/1/09

DomFortress wrote:


s_j_b wrote:

What do you think CR needs to do now in order to make this revolution a good one?
Focus on getting rights in other countries?
Change the anime membership details?
Get certain shows?

Ideas and thoughts ^-^ - shinji would be gratefull!

Educate. The how and why that crunchyroll is revolutionizing the anime industry can help CR users to see the importance of this movement. And I've got it all right here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/Anime_Columnists/forum?src=topbar


Agreed.

I also want to see more reports from crunchyroll on the deals that it will be making. I want details and such. I say this because most of the news that I hear about crunchyroll are from 3rd party groups before I hear them here.

But for now, and as quickly as possible, you guys should really organize the available content here. I know that there is the lineup list, but to me, that just looks messy.
Member
622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Beautiful world o...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
With big changes comes with great responsibility. Let us help this site to move forward but don't rush everything.
Getting rights from other countries (malaysia, phil, etc.) will be good, but it will add another work. i'll just wait for the next move of shinji.
Member
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

zendude wrote:

I also want to see more reports from crunchyroll on the deals that it will be making. I want details and such. I say this because most of the news that I hear about crunchyroll are from 3rd party groups before I hear them here.

But for now, and as quickly as possible, you guys should really organize the available content here. I know that there is the lineup list, but to me, that just looks messy.


I couldn't agree more. The site could do with a major overhaul and the fact that we read about new shows on ANN when there's nothing about them on CR itself is just plain ridiculous. Also placing a link with the line-up on the front-page seems like a no-brainer to me. Next thing a detailed tv-guide (which apparently they are working on) of when which shows will be available (and where) and on the whole: MORE CLARITY PLEASE.
Guardian of A/M/P
65272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

vick1986 wrote:


zendude wrote:

I also want to see more reports from crunchyroll on the deals that it will be making. I want details and such. I say this because most of the news that I hear about crunchyroll are from 3rd party groups before I hear them here.

But for now, and as quickly as possible, you guys should really organize the available content here. I know that there is the lineup list, but to me, that just looks messy.


I couldn't agree more. The site could do with a major overhaul and the fact that we read about new shows on ANN when there's nothing about them on CR itself is just plain ridiculous. Also placing a link with the line-up on the front-page seems like a no-brainer to me. Next thing a detailed tv-guide (which apparently they are working on) of when which shows will be available (and where) and on the whole: MORE CLARITY PLEASE.


A work on the PR group would do so much wonders.
Well, I guess that is why the MODs started this group, so they can scout out the best ideas.

You hear that MODs. Now get to it. "LAWL"
Member
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

zendude wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


zendude wrote:

I also want to see more reports from crunchyroll on the deals that it will be making. I want details and such. I say this because most of the news that I hear about crunchyroll are from 3rd party groups before I hear them here.

But for now, and as quickly as possible, you guys should really organize the available content here. I know that there is the lineup list, but to me, that just looks messy.


I couldn't agree more. The site could do with a major overhaul and the fact that we read about new shows on ANN when there's nothing about them on CR itself is just plain ridiculous. Also placing a link with the line-up on the front-page seems like a no-brainer to me. Next thing a detailed tv-guide (which apparently they are working on) of when which shows will be available (and where) and on the whole: MORE CLARITY PLEASE.


A work on the PR group would do so much wonders.
Well, I guess that is why the MODs started this group, so they can scout out the best ideas.

You hear that MODs. Now get to it. "LAWL"


Well you can't really blame 'em for not having a decent PR department. I mean they never really needed one before now. Things have changed faster than anyone expected so it's no surprise some things have gotten a little neglected.
Posted 1/2/09

vick1986 wrote:


zendude wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


zendude wrote:

I also want to see more reports from crunchyroll on the deals that it will be making. I want details and such. I say this because most of the news that I hear about crunchyroll are from 3rd party groups before I hear them here.

But for now, and as quickly as possible, you guys should really organize the available content here. I know that there is the lineup list, but to me, that just looks messy.


I couldn't agree more. The site could do with a major overhaul and the fact that we read about new shows on ANN when there's nothing about them on CR itself is just plain ridiculous. Also placing a link with the line-up on the front-page seems like a no-brainer to me. Next thing a detailed tv-guide (which apparently they are working on) of when which shows will be available (and where) and on the whole: MORE CLARITY PLEASE.


A work on the PR group would do so much wonders.
Well, I guess that is why the MODs started this group, so they can scout out the best ideas.

You hear that MODs. Now get to it. "LAWL"


Well you can't really blame 'em for not having a decent PR department. I mean they never really needed one before now. Things have changed faster than anyone expected so it's no surprise some things have gotten a little neglected.

I believe this was due to the fact that CR used to depend heavily on the user submitted contents. So now that they are becoming 100% legit by investing their capitals on licensing anime series straight from Japan, they need to be more active and professional in both the PR and marketing department. And as for us users, we need to be more proactive and get ourselves as much involved as possible communicating with CR.
Member
29447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/09 , edited 1/2/09
New Change Proposal!

What should Crunchyroll do next, you ask?
..... change the 480p button on the Shippuden episodes, so that it reads, "Taste of Heaven"

Seriously, any qualities above H264 should be given their own sections of the site, and they should be called something other than "streams". The word "stream" doesn't do what I saw when I clicked 480p justice. =]


Member
49737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
Improve group features. LOL... I'm a group maniac.
Member
5516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Sri Lanka
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
I've not been here as long as a lot of people on this site so I may not be that qualified to make comments - but here goes :-
1) Pls try really hard to make the videos available to other regions. I live in a country that has absolutely zero access to Anime and Manga and I have not come across a single other person who even understand the word and therefore the only access is via CR. There have to be others feeling the same and I have to admit it hurts even more to know those in the US and aligned countries, have access to stuff I dont.
2) There should have seriously been more answers to all the questions being raised and information being given. I knew exactly what was going to happen - but the maj of the members are in their early teens and was not expecting what was coming. Even now, I feel like Shinji and friends are feeling bad to tell the people what the real picture is and trying to soft peddle, but its pointless. Might as well tell it like it is and get it over with.
I am not worried about additional shows - everything starts small and I am certain the list will grow in time, but honestly as much as love the forums and exchange of silly ideas - my main need is to watch anime and if I cant do that, then eventually I will also stop coming as I wont even be able to understand most of the forums as I wont be able to keep up with the shows.
Of course someone told me I could get an ip in the US which will allow me access, in which case I will be the happiest person on the planet (until I am thrown in jail that is )
Member
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

The_X_box_360 wrote:

New Change Proposal!

What should Crunchyroll do next, you ask?
..... change the 480p button on the Shippuden episodes, so that it reads, "Taste of Heaven"

Seriously, any qualities above H264 should be given their own sections of the site, and they should be called something other than "streams". The word "stream" doesn't do what I saw when I clicked 480p justice. =]




Too bad the 480p and 720p streams of skip beat look terrible.
Member
29447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

vick1986 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:

New Change Proposal!

What should Crunchyroll do next, you ask?
..... change the 480p button on the Shippuden episodes, so that it reads, "Taste of Heaven"

Seriously, any qualities above H264 should be given their own sections of the site, and they should be called something other than "streams". The word "stream" doesn't do what I saw when I clicked 480p justice. =]




Too bad the 480p and 720p streams of skip beat look terrible.

That's probably because Skip Beat's animation is terrible! xD

480-720p isn't going to make a crappily animated non-hi-def anime look any better. Sorry.


*Yes, I know that crappily isn't a word T.T



Member
48464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Under my bed, beh...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

The_X_box_360 wrote:


vick1986 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:

New Change Proposal!

What should Crunchyroll do next, you ask?
..... change the 480p button on the Shippuden episodes, so that it reads, "Taste of Heaven"

Seriously, any qualities above H264 should be given their own sections of the site, and they should be called something other than "streams". The word "stream" doesn't do what I saw when I clicked 480p justice. =]




Too bad the 480p and 720p streams of skip beat look terrible.

That's probably because Skip Beat's animation is terrible! xD

480-720p isn't going to make a crappily animated non-hi-def anime look any better. Sorry.


*Yes, I know that crappily isn't a word T.T





Either that or I should sit farther away from the monitor then again that wasn't necessary with the 720p Naruto demo. The Naruto streams do look good though for one thing the colours are better and in some cases you actually get more detail.
Member
18691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
The best thing that should be done now is to get more rights for more regions and anime/drama.The reason why most people are upset now is because they cant watch their stuff like they used to,either due to the restrictions in region or simply that their media isnt there.People are happy because Naruto has returned(personally I dont like the over-narutoness but meh).If more media comes back,wouldnt everyone start cheering for CR :D

Good day ^^
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.