Hello all! I have put this up on my blog before (http://epicityy.blogspot.com) and here am I putting it on the forum!
So uhm. Let's begin! :D
Okay, so hair. We got Girl's hair, and Guy's hair.
Usually when we go out now right, we see people having all sorts of hairstyle.
One that is more often right now, is called the "Typical Asian Youngster Hair", or something -.-"
Anyway it looks something like this.
I noticed a trend among most Singaporeans (or Asians) that they like to spike their hair. Up high, like some triangle mohawk or like some to the side, etc.
Many people ask me how I can make my hair stand so well and it doesn't really fall much unless it's really thick and heavy, signalling that I need a trim.
Of course, good hair comes with something you have to sacrifice for -.-"
DON'T EVER DEPEND ON WAX/CLAY ALONE! FGS.
Steps to make your hair obedient and stay there long enough.
1. Rinse it with water/wash it. Don't expect your hair to be obedient when you climb out of your bed. It will be stuck with funny strands all over in odd directions.
2. Towel dry your hair thoroughly, and then blowdry it.
Why blowdry? So that your hair can be loose after towelling. If you just let it dry on its own, chances are that it will just set in that flat position, making it a little harder to style. You can also choose to spread mousse through your hair before blowdrying it. It makes your hair soft and fluffy. I haven't tried mousse though. Will try it soon.
Make sure there's not a single moist spot!
3. Straighten it! If you have wavy hair, STRAIGHTEN IT. Unless you wanna go for the wavy style and use some gel for the wet feel or something. I personally cannot have good hair days if I don't straighten it. WHY?! BECAUSE HALFWAY THROUGH STYLING, YOUR HAIR WON'T BE AS OBEDIENT! IT GOES BENT. Gosh. It's hard to make it go the way you want if you don't really straighten it. Another option if you don't have a straightener would be to blowdry it in the proper direction while gently pulling your hair straight.
Straighten everything :x
4 (Optional). Blowdry it again! For me, I'm just making sure that my hair sets properly after straightening. My fringe can get quite disobedient and start bending before I want it to.
5. Style it!
I noticed one funny thing.
WHY DOES EVERYONE FORGET TO DO THE BACK WHEN THEY SPIKE!
I've seen tons of people spiking the top and fronts, and the backs of their hair are like. Piak, flat. It just kinda ruins the hairstyle IMO. Yeah.
So everytime you style your hair, don't forget to do the back! It does not necessarily need to be spiky. Some volume will do too.
If you're someone who usually forgets, then always do the back of your head first.
So the order should go like:
- Dip your finger(s) into your hair product (wax/clay/etc)
- Take some and spread it INBETWEEN YOUR FINGERS. Not too much!
- Comb your product-coated fingers through the area that you want to style.
- Mould it in place with your hands. You can twist it to form chunks too.
- Order goes in.. Back > Sides > Top > Front.
(But for me, I always do Sides > Top > Front > Back. Depends on you.)
Working way to top:
Don't leave the sides flat either!
Finally, the back!
You gotta use quite an amount of product for the back ._.
Comb it up with your fingers!
And then pull the strands straight :D
6. Coat it with a decent amount of hairspray to keep it in place for the rest of the day.
Lemme say this - Hairspray is the god of all finishing touches.
THE POWER OF HAIRSPRAY IS INFINITE!
It seriously keeps everything there and it will last for the whole day.
I always style my hair in the morning and it can last all the way till midnight and beyond, no problem.
BUT PLEASE AH, DON'T SPRAY YOUR SCALP OR YOUR HAIR WILL DIE.
ALSO REMEMBER TO WASH IT OFF PROPERLY AND CONDITION YOUR HAIR OFTEN.
Don't blame me for killing your hair if it dies eh.
7 (Optional). Blowdry from a distance WITH COLD AIR. This is something I've heard, they say cold air actually helps the hairspray keep your hair in style better!
And you're done!
That's about it for sharing the way I style my hair!
Hope it was useful for those who have asked. ^^
Do leave a comment and reply if you liked it!
I like your tutorial a lot,
it seems really simple for beginners to understand.
I think this will be useful if I ever decide to
cut my hair short
I like that you explained with details
and gave a lot of tips.
A lot of tutorials I've seen just say things like
"Straighten your hair and put product in it. The end."
A suggestion: Maybe you can include
the brand and name of the products you are
using. I'm pretty sure you'll be getting that request
a lot Plus, it can give
the beginners somewhere to 'start'.
What brand/model is your straightening iron?
For a moment, it looked a bit like the Wii controller XD
(I've played too much video games today XP)