First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
The reason why you LOVE japanese culture.
12695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
now why would we...
Offline
Posted 6/6/10

TheBlueAuthor wrote:


jackie12 wrote:

I like Japanese history and the way their culture was before modernization. It has such a beautiful essence to life..the beliefs, the land, customs. Its something that I've always been attracted to since I learned about it, and there's always the fool who bashes it for all the wars..yeah..as if japan was really the only place that had wars..anyway..if you look at any culture there's always a desire to learn about the ways other people live. I always want to envelop myself in it..to feel what its like..i like many cultures but Japanese is one that i honestly would want to live in..before modernization i mean, anything after they modernized changed it for the worse i think..but..it was the best choice..they had to modernize and have a chance of surviving or stay the way they had been for so long and be conquered by one of the selfish power-hungry forces that was already modernized. Sadly it meant they had to leave the way of life that had been one of the best in my opinion..


Well Japan was smart to modernize if not they would have been taken over like China but as they do keep the traditional way of life too.


I wish they could have kept the traditional way of life.. When you say China was taken over, are you referring to the Yuan Dynasty? If you were, then I was talking about modernization in a lot more recent terms, like Japan's Meiji period.
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/6/10

jackie12 wrote:


TheBlueAuthor wrote:


jackie12 wrote:

I like Japanese history and the way their culture was before modernization. It has such a beautiful essence to life..the beliefs, the land, customs. Its something that I've always been attracted to since I learned about it, and there's always the fool who bashes it for all the wars..yeah..as if japan was really the only place that had wars..anyway..if you look at any culture there's always a desire to learn about the ways other people live. I always want to envelop myself in it..to feel what its like..i like many cultures but Japanese is one that i honestly would want to live in..before modernization i mean, anything after they modernized changed it for the worse i think..but..it was the best choice..they had to modernize and have a chance of surviving or stay the way they had been for so long and be conquered by one of the selfish power-hungry forces that was already modernized. Sadly it meant they had to leave the way of life that had been one of the best in my opinion..


Well Japan was smart to modernize if not they would have been taken over like China but as they do keep the traditional way of life too.


I wish they could have kept the traditional way of life.. When you say China was taken over, are you referring to the Yuan Dynasty? If you were, then I was talking about modernization in a lot more recent terms, like Japan's Meiji period.


Oh I see.
127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 6/6/10
1. Food
2. Cars
3. Clothes (Especially jeans)
4. Language
5. Interesting behavior that Japanese people have
6. Pretty girls
7. Anime
8. Manga
3474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Idk >:
Offline
Posted 6/8/10
Cause their manners are good (thumbs up)~. And their language seems fun to me
2454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ίή Pά;Ļ ẄόяĻđ
Offline
Posted 6/9/10
because the japanese is Respectables & i like them sO much
167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / England, Kingston
Offline
Posted 6/9/10
It's unique and original.
I love the fashion and Cosplay (: The merchandise are uber Kawaii & it's just awesome!
1270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 6/11/10
LOVE how they care about their culture and maintain it until now!
5294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 6/11/10
My boyfriend Zero is Japanese and he made me love Japanese culture and him along the way
101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Holland,MI
Offline
Posted 6/12/10
I love not only Japanese culture but other Asian cultures. When I was younger , I was an idiot, just wanting the world to learn English. I used to like American music. Then, I felt so bored about America. I loved Tokyo because it was a huge city and the lights during the night. One night however, while I was staying up late, I heard the opening for Death Note, "the WORLD" by Nightmare(My first time hearing a Japanese was the first ending for Inuyasha, but I didn't care then). I was touched by the lyrics and the music. I searched for more information about the group and I found out what Visual Kei is. I was drawn to pop culture at first. I learned about the Traditional culture and I wondered about their philosophies matching up about my thoughts about life. Since then, I felt happy about Asian Cultures because I want to learn more and I wish to be a translator with knowledge of Japanese, Korean, Thai, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese). Japanese culture changed my life and I'm glad it did.
104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Closer, U
Offline
Posted 7/3/10

voidofsemblance wrote:

Because it isn't American


YES FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS IT!!!!
14052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 7/4/10
The hardworking ethic in the work place is one major attraction for me to move to Japan, the honorifics and the respect shown to family is also a major plus to me. I'm from the UK and to be honest, everyone like people in earlier pages may of said, works for money, not for anything else really in countries such as the UK and USA.

People are too obsessed with money and their ego's to give a damn about anyone else. I guess what I love about Japan is that they keep themselves to themselves and are humble, polite, hardworking and their culture just rings the bell of my soul to be honest.

I look forward to the day I can leave England behind me.
4692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / My Dream World
Offline
Posted 7/16/10
the music & anime mangas & the dramas & movies & i love fashion too cherry blossom food art video game's & kanji & fireworks & tea & temple's samurai's kimono's hairstyles's parasol's & japanese fans & the lion dog & LOT MORE^^
Posted 7/19/10
Why do I love the japanese culture? *thinking* Let's start at the top.

Unlike my current culture, where everything seems to be more more more, the Japanese really stress doing as much as you can with as little as possible. Really minimalist. Another is that they strive to perfect the method than mass produce. In other words, they opt for doing it right instead of just doing it quickly and half-assing it.

The food is wonderful. The ceremony surrounding everything is wonderful. The detail that is put into everything is wonderful. The beauty is awe-inspiring. Every little thing carries a meaning.

The language, when spoken by a man, sounds very masculine and chock-full of testosterone. When spoken by a female, it's very flowy and almost like whispering. Very feminine and beautiful.

The legends and myths that make up their culture can be beautiful, touching, horrific, and epic, sometimes all at the same time.
13678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Under ur bed...*w...
Offline
Posted 7/25/10
To be honest...I have absolutely NO IDEA why I love Japan so much and why I want to visit so badly. Even if it is a perverted country, they have FANTASTIC food, styles, and their kimonos and yukatas are SOOOOO beautiful~!!!! ^^ I want to see the Japanese cherry blossoms in the spring time, and I want to go see fireworks in the summer with a flowered yukata. Plus, their language is one of the most beeautiful sounding in the world~!!! ^^ When someone speaks their language, it kidn of sounds like a song or a poem of some sort that I can't understand~ xD
31 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Indonesia
Offline
Posted 7/27/10
why i love japan culture ???
the answer is..."i don't know...i just like it" *smacked* xDD

well let see~
maybe because japan has a lot of culture~ :p my country had so much culture too~ but it's different from japan IMO
japan culture is unique~ and interesting of course xD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.