First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Men and women are not equal!
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
so you deny that god flooded the earth?
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
Yes, I do.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
then u arent a christian, but some1 who made up his religion and based it slightly on the christian faith, this is because u deny gods actions and mayby even his powers, imo u cant call urself a christian if u dont believe evrything written in the bible because those are gods words/actions/wills
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 1/3/09 , edited 1/3/09

dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


HAHA, NICE!!

Once again, the bible never fails to make me laugh really hard, that book is hilarious.

What I love, is how, christians are suposed to see that book as absolute law, but they pick and choose what parts of it they like, If they don't like something then it doesn't apply. Srry but that doesn't work. Either believe in that amusing book, or don't, but don't only believe in parts you want to. That to me seems hipocritical.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
u cant just pick something out of the bible, its like saying im a christian but i believe in allah, but for the rest im totally a christian.
Posted 1/3/09

Allhailodin wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


HAHA, NICE!!

Once again, the bible never fails to make me laugh really hard, that book is hilarious.

What I love, is how, christians are suposed to see that book as absolute law, but they pick and choose what parts of it they like, If they don't like something then it doesn't apply. Srry but that doesn't work. Either believe in that amusing book, or don't, but don't only believe in parts you want to. That to me seems hipocritical.


Lol exactly.
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/3/09

dmitsuki wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


HAHA, NICE!!

Once again, the bible never fails to make me laugh really hard, that book is hilarious.

What I love, is how, christians are suposed to see that book as absolute law, but they pick and choose what parts of it they like, If they don't like something then it doesn't apply. Srry but that doesn't work. Either believe in that amusing book, or don't, but don't only believe in parts you want to. That to me seems hipocritical.


Lol exactly.


It's not really pick and choose. When it says that "he shall rule over thee", you have to take into consideration the time period this was written. Women were inferior to men back then, and so it would obviously say that. It also says slavery is good and prostitutes are evil and menstrual blood is unclean. That's all ignorant logic, like the Greek gods.

The Old Testament again! Catholics know that the OT is all stories. If you want to bash it, take it up with the Jewish or Muslim community.
Posted 1/4/09

XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


HAHA, NICE!!

Once again, the bible never fails to make me laugh really hard, that book is hilarious.

What I love, is how, christians are suposed to see that book as absolute law, but they pick and choose what parts of it they like, If they don't like something then it doesn't apply. Srry but that doesn't work. Either believe in that amusing book, or don't, but don't only believe in parts you want to. That to me seems hipocritical.


Lol exactly.


It's not really pick and choose. When it says that "he shall rule over thee", you have to take into consideration the time period this was written. Women were inferior to men back then, and so it would obviously say that. It also says slavery is good and prostitutes are evil and menstrual blood is unclean. That's all ignorant logic, like the Greek gods.

The Old Testament again! Catholics know that the OT is all stories. If you want to bash it, take it up with the Jewish or Muslim community.


"The OT is all stories" That's right, once Jesus spoke, everything God did before hand just didn't matter.

LOLOLOL

I think you are all forgetting the first commandment anyway. "Thou shall have no other God before me" Catholics simply worship Jesus, so que the AC/DC!
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / campus
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
The Bible is just a book containing helpful stories on how to live. The problem is, the advice is about 2000 years old. So to combat this, everybody just understands whatever they feel like out of it. Usually faith is from decades to centuries behind from the liberal thinkers. Always trying to be conservative, but in the end following the major trends, such as women rights. In the end, the Bible is just fairy tales, morality comes from the society.
Your friendly neighborhood atheist
3934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / dnt kno ...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09


Men an Women are equal ...there are many different ways that people can interpret the bible..but the bible does say that men n women are equal..
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
You are quoting off Herbew tradition and passing it off by modern-day standards. If you understood that the Genesis was written during the time of the Babylonian exile, then you know that one of the reasons why that line was written was to "keep people on track" during a time when they felt like their God abandoned them.

The word "rule" is also a crude translation from the original Hebrew-Aramaic, of which the term actually is a closer meaning to "live in" or to "serve in one's house". It is a reflection of Hebrew duty of a woman to serve their husband while, in turn, the husband works as the caretaker of his family.


Always look into context before you go jumping to conclusions as to how to interpret a line in scripture. Before being a Christian document, it was also a HEBREW text, and one written from a context of their history.
Posted 1/4/09
No one commented on the last link I posted so I'll post one more to the point, and sell it a bit. This links to a Canadian site that cross references important topics through multiple major religions and sects. These pages focus on the status of women in the old testament and provide points and counterpoints when possible, and is pretty easy to skim through till you find something good:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ofe_bibl.htm <- women as inferior (LOL @ Deuteronomy 25:11)
http://www.religioustolerance.org/ofe_bibl1.htm <- women as inferior, equal, and leaders (LOL @ the "Equal" passages)

Personally, this topic seems to be another example of a religious thread where the only people who post are either atheists looking for blood or Christians trying to weasel out on a technicality. There is a lot of evidence in history of women being declared inferior by society, but wake up and smell the present. Get your noses out of that old book you may or may not idolize and make your own decision. BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT (cue "reading rainbow" theme song)
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

dmitsuki wrote:


XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


HAHA, NICE!!

Once again, the bible never fails to make me laugh really hard, that book is hilarious.

What I love, is how, christians are suposed to see that book as absolute law, but they pick and choose what parts of it they like, If they don't like something then it doesn't apply. Srry but that doesn't work. Either believe in that amusing book, or don't, but don't only believe in parts you want to. That to me seems hipocritical.


Lol exactly.


It's not really pick and choose. When it says that "he shall rule over thee", you have to take into consideration the time period this was written. Women were inferior to men back then, and so it would obviously say that. It also says slavery is good and prostitutes are evil and menstrual blood is unclean. That's all ignorant logic, like the Greek gods.

The Old Testament again! Catholics know that the OT is all stories. If you want to bash it, take it up with the Jewish or Muslim community.


"The OT is all stories" That's right, once Jesus spoke, everything God did before hand just didn't matter.

LOLOLOL

I think you are all forgetting the first commandment anyway. "Thou shall have no other God before me" Catholics simply worship Jesus, so que the AC/DC!


Basically. The OT was written by people who had heard stories that had been passed down for years. Jews and Muslims believe the OT is true.

Christians have two beliefs : Literal and Figurative. Some Catholics believe the entire bible is true word for word, and some have the common sense to know that that's ridiculous.

The OT is just a bunch of stories written by men in a certain time period that wanted to show people the right way to live.

Besides, Jesus is God, and so the first commandment applies to him.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
its true that most people who dont follow the bible for a 100% have more common sense, but u cant call them real christians simply because they dont follow all of gods orders/storys/actions so they dont really believe in all these story's telling what he did for humanity, only those who follow the bible for a 100% are christians imo
Posted 1/4/09

amersfoort wrote:

its true that most people who dont follow the bible for a 100% have more common sense, but u cant call them real christians simply because they dont follow all of gods orders/storys/actions so they dont really believe in all these story's telling what he did for humanity, only those who follow the bible for a 100% are christians imo


Then there are no true Christians alive today. Show me that man who has cut off his hands, gouged out his eyes, thrown stones at adulteresses until they are dead. There is your 100%. Not so pretty now is it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.