First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Men and women are not equal!
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
yes then indeed there are no christians alive today, and how can i show you something that happend idk how many years ago?
FZTime 
25337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / We've been here s...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

dmitsuki wrote:


digs wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


Eph 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
Eph 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Eph 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing [fn] her by the washing with water through the word,
Eph 5:27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
Eph 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
Eph 5:29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-
Eph 5:30 for we are members of his body.


Wives submit to the husbands, and husbands submit to the wives in service. The husband is to have the role of the leader in the family, but he is also to serve his wife and love her like himself. In essence, man and woman are equal. In fact, the Bible tells us about mutual submission and respect, true love in marriage as mutual submission towards the other person. Also, read the book of Luke, there are many parts in it where Jesus (Being God) reached out to women and treated then equally (because they are equal). And finally, here is another scripture.
Mat 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

This verse says after we die and are resurrected in Christ, there will no longer be marriage. There is no evidence saying that God loves women less. This verse says marriage will no longer be existent. We will all be like he angels.


The only thing I can gather from the text you have posted is.

1. My wife is my bitch.
2. I should treat my bitch good.
3. The bible was written by sexist dude's with old views on the world.


you quoted the bible to try to prove that men and women aren't equal.
now digs quoted the bible to and this is ur kind of response?
i think that digs makes alot more sense.
man and women are equal and should be treated with equal respect,
also respecting each other
Posted 1/4/09

XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


HAHA, NICE!!

Once again, the bible never fails to make me laugh really hard, that book is hilarious.

What I love, is how, christians are suposed to see that book as absolute law, but they pick and choose what parts of it they like, If they don't like something then it doesn't apply. Srry but that doesn't work. Either believe in that amusing book, or don't, but don't only believe in parts you want to. That to me seems hipocritical.


Lol exactly.


It's not really pick and choose. When it says that "he shall rule over thee", you have to take into consideration the time period this was written. Women were inferior to men back then, and so it would obviously say that. It also says slavery is good and prostitutes are evil and menstrual blood is unclean. That's all ignorant logic, like the Greek gods.

The Old Testament again! Catholics know that the OT is all stories. If you want to bash it, take it up with the Jewish or Muslim community.


"The OT is all stories" That's right, once Jesus spoke, everything God did before hand just didn't matter.

LOLOLOL

I think you are all forgetting the first commandment anyway. "Thou shall have no other God before me" Catholics simply worship Jesus, so que the AC/DC!


Basically. The OT was written by people who had heard stories that had been passed down for years. Jews and Muslims believe the OT is true.

Christians have two beliefs : Literal and Figurative. Some Catholics believe the entire bible is true word for word, and some have the common sense to know that that's ridiculous.

The OT is just a bunch of stories written by men in a certain time period that wanted to show people the right way to live.

Besides, Jesus is God, and so the first commandment applies to him.


Basically the NT is a bunch of stories written by people who heard stories that have been passed down by Romans at the time.

I CAN DO IT TO!
"Besides, Jesus is God, and so the first commandment applies to him."
Have fun burning.
Posted 1/4/09

FZTime wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


digs wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


Eph 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
Eph 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Eph 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing [fn] her by the washing with water through the word,
Eph 5:27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
Eph 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
Eph 5:29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-
Eph 5:30 for we are members of his body.


Wives submit to the husbands, and husbands submit to the wives in service. The husband is to have the role of the leader in the family, but he is also to serve his wife and love her like himself. In essence, man and woman are equal. In fact, the Bible tells us about mutual submission and respect, true love in marriage as mutual submission towards the other person. Also, read the book of Luke, there are many parts in it where Jesus (Being God) reached out to women and treated then equally (because they are equal). And finally, here is another scripture.
Mat 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

This verse says after we die and are resurrected in Christ, there will no longer be marriage. There is no evidence saying that God loves women less. This verse says marriage will no longer be existent. We will all be like he angels.


The only thing I can gather from the text you have posted is.

1. My wife is my bitch.
2. I should treat my bitch good.
3. The bible was written by sexist dude's with old views on the world.


you quoted the bible to try to prove that men and women aren't equal.
now digs quoted the bible to and this is ur kind of response?
i think that digs makes alot more sense.
man and women are equal and should be treated with equal respect,
also respecting each other


I think the Bible is a bunch of bullshit created to control a large group of people and gain more power then government. :3
Posted 1/4/09

edsamac wrote:

You are quoting off Herbew tradition and passing it off by modern-day standards. If you understood that the Genesis was written during the time of the Babylonian exile, then you know that one of the reasons why that line was written was to "keep people on track" during a time when they felt like their God abandoned them.

The word "rule" is also a crude translation from the original Hebrew-Aramaic, of which the term actually is a closer meaning to "live in" or to "serve in one's house". It is a reflection of Hebrew duty of a woman to serve their husband while, in turn, the husband works as the caretaker of his family.


Always look into context before you go jumping to conclusions as to how to interpret a line in scripture. Before being a Christian document, it was also a HEBREW text, and one written from a context of their history.


Which is what women civil right activist, some of them Christian blablabla fought aginst. And a stereotype that if blabed today, you would be looked down upon like a sexist.

Today, I'm always hearing stupid double standards that get on my nerves from people who just seem to say whatever fits the moment. At one point, it's "stupid for women to just have to sit at home all day and take care of the kids" but next "In the bible it says so and so and blablaba about gays"

All the bible is today is a tool for attacking people. People will quote and cite all the good parts they can find, but seem to BLATANTLY IGNORE anything in it that goes against beliefs they have construed due to the type of society we live in today. (for the most part, a secular one, even if most people don't realize it)

I hate it especially that my race which always says slavery was wrong worships this god, who himself said slavery was fine. The bible promotes a lot of things, a lot of STUPID thing's. I guess people realized it, so they canceled out all the bad stuff and only go by the good stuff said. Honestly, there's no damn half way point. This is one of those black and white thing's however few they are. You ARE and accept it all, or you ARE NOT and accept nothing from it.

And, no matter how you translate it, and even if you speak and read and write the native tounge the bible was written in, it still won't say anything like "Men and women are perfectly equal and should all have equal opportunity to do whatever they need to accomplish in life", no matter how much anybody wants it to.
3481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / CALIFORNIA!!!!
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


Read the rest of the fine print or don't take stuff out of context.
That was after the story of the Fall and God was giving out punishments. Adam and the snake got punished too (but not as harshly I think).
There are also lots of Christian heroes who are women (Deborah, Ruth etc.)
The religion is sexist, but that's the culture affecting religion. Not the original religious intentions. You can see examples of this in other religions too, like Islam. (the Quran was actually pro women or its day, women had some rights; but the very patriarchal Persian culture blotted that out)
Also, Hinduism and Confucianism are way more sexist then Christianity (the Ramayana and pretty much everything in Confucianism).
And nonreligious people can be sexist too. (shojo anime)
Nothing negative towards Islam, Hinduism, Confucianism, and shojo anime. I like shojo.
But every time I look in the extended discussion, people are bashing religion (and for some reason always Christianity in particular), and calling all devout people stupid and close minded when they don't know the facts themselves.
and I'm not even devout. I'm Catholic, but I'm not hardcore. I'm more a member of Haruhiism
/rant
Posted 1/4/09

ailina wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


Read the rest of the fine print or don't take stuff out of context.
That was after the story of the Fall and God was giving out punishments. Adam and the snake got punished too (but not as harshly I think).
There are also lots of Christian heroes who are women (Deborah, Ruth etc.)
The religion is sexist, but that's the culture affecting religion. Not the original religious intentions. You can see examples of this in other religions too, like Islam. (the Quran was actually pro women or its day, women had some rights; but the very patriarchal Persian culture blotted that out)
Also, Hinduism and Confucianism are way more sexist then Christianity (the Ramayana and pretty much everything in Confucianism).
And nonreligious people can be sexist too. (shojo anime)
Nothing negative towards Islam, Hinduism, Confucianism, and shojo anime. I like shojo.
But every time I look in the extended discussion, people are bashing religion (and for some reason always Christianity in particular), and calling all devout people stupid and close minded when they don't know the facts themselves.
and I'm not even devout. I'm Catholic, but I'm not hardcore. I'm more a member of Haruhiism
/rant

First you say I'm taking something out of context, when you just said yourself, I'm not. Then you start to say "BECAUSE EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT IT'S OK"

When did I say nobody in the world is sexist except for theologists? What are these magic facts, nothing you have said is something I don't already know. Do you know what the most popular religion in the world is?

Put two and two together and figure it out. Also, seeing as this was taken from the very begining of the bible, it can apply to any theologists who use this book for anything.


30807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Brick, NJ
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
I see you trollin, they hatin, they riden, patrollin, trying to catch me trollin dirty.

The Hebrew Bible or Tanahk was written long after the stories first came about. New testament is just wack sans Matthew who I give credit to.

The Bible also doesn't say that they are equal.

Monotheistic religions are the reason why patriarchal society exists. Know your bible fools.
FZTime 
25337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / We've been here s...
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

dmitsuki wrote:


FZTime wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


digs wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


Eph 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
Eph 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Eph 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing [fn] her by the washing with water through the word,
Eph 5:27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
Eph 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
Eph 5:29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-
Eph 5:30 for we are members of his body.


Wives submit to the husbands, and husbands submit to the wives in service. The husband is to have the role of the leader in the family, but he is also to serve his wife and love her like himself. In essence, man and woman are equal. In fact, the Bible tells us about mutual submission and respect, true love in marriage as mutual submission towards the other person. Also, read the book of Luke, there are many parts in it where Jesus (Being God) reached out to women and treated then equally (because they are equal). And finally, here is another scripture.
Mat 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

This verse says after we die and are resurrected in Christ, there will no longer be marriage. There is no evidence saying that God loves women less. This verse says marriage will no longer be existent. We will all be like he angels.


The only thing I can gather from the text you have posted is.

1. My wife is my bitch.
2. I should treat my bitch good.
3. The bible was written by sexist dude's with old views on the world.


you quoted the bible to try to prove that men and women aren't equal.
now digs quoted the bible to and this is ur kind of response?
i think that digs makes alot more sense.
man and women are equal and should be treated with equal respect,
also respecting each other


I think the Bible is a bunch of bullshit created to control a large group of people and gain more power then government. :3


well if that's your opinion why are u bothered to quote the bible to state something?
375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


THATS WHY I HATE THE BIBLE
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

dmitsuki wrote:

Basically the NT is a bunch of stories written by people who heard stories that have been passed down by Romans at the time.

I CAN DO IT TO!
"Besides, Jesus is God, and so the first commandment applies to him."
Have fun burning.


Yeah, but the NT was written down only about a hundred years after the stories came about. So it was only like a generation later, which really isn't that long. And the stories are all very similar in all four gospels, so they're obviously all related. And if they're all on the same track, they stemmed from the same source, which would be Jesus and what he did.
Posted 1/5/09

FZTime wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


FZTime wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


digs wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

To any religious woman who believes in God (you know the one I'm talking about) I bring to you Genesis 3:16


3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Next time before signing up for a religion, read the fine print, aka the bible.

Now get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.


Eph 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
Eph 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Eph 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing [fn] her by the washing with water through the word,
Eph 5:27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
Eph 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
Eph 5:29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-
Eph 5:30 for we are members of his body.


Wives submit to the husbands, and husbands submit to the wives in service. The husband is to have the role of the leader in the family, but he is also to serve his wife and love her like himself. In essence, man and woman are equal. In fact, the Bible tells us about mutual submission and respect, true love in marriage as mutual submission towards the other person. Also, read the book of Luke, there are many parts in it where Jesus (Being God) reached out to women and treated then equally (because they are equal). And finally, here is another scripture.
Mat 22:30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

This verse says after we die and are resurrected in Christ, there will no longer be marriage. There is no evidence saying that God loves women less. This verse says marriage will no longer be existent. We will all be like he angels.


The only thing I can gather from the text you have posted is.

1. My wife is my bitch.
2. I should treat my bitch good.
3. The bible was written by sexist dude's with old views on the world.


you quoted the bible to try to prove that men and women aren't equal.
now digs quoted the bible to and this is ur kind of response?
i think that digs makes alot more sense.
man and women are equal and should be treated with equal respect,
also respecting each other


I think the Bible is a bunch of bullshit created to control a large group of people and gain more power then government. :3


well if that's your opinion why are u bothered to quote the bible to state something?

BECAUSE IT R HOLY SCRIPT!
Posted 1/5/09

XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

Basically the NT is a bunch of stories written by people who heard stories that have been passed down by Romans at the time.

I CAN DO IT TO!
"Besides, Jesus is God, and so the first commandment applies to him."
Have fun burning.


Yeah, but the NT was written down only about a hundred years after the stories came about. So it was only like a generation later, which really isn't that long. And the stories are all very similar in all four gospels, so they're obviously all related. And if they're all on the same track, they stemmed from the same source, which would be Jesus and what he did.


Do you happen to know what a double standard is my good sir?
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/5/09

dmitsuki wrote:


XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

Basically the NT is a bunch of stories written by people who heard stories that have been passed down by Romans at the time.

I CAN DO IT TO!
"Besides, Jesus is God, and so the first commandment applies to him."
Have fun burning.


Yeah, but the NT was written down only about a hundred years after the stories came about. So it was only like a generation later, which really isn't that long. And the stories are all very similar in all four gospels, so they're obviously all related. And if they're all on the same track, they stemmed from the same source, which would be Jesus and what he did.


Do you happen to know what a double standard is my good sir?


Err... No, actually.
Posted 1/5/09

XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:


XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


dmitsuki wrote:

Basically the NT is a bunch of stories written by people who heard stories that have been passed down by Romans at the time.

I CAN DO IT TO!
"Besides, Jesus is God, and so the first commandment applies to him."
Have fun burning.


Yeah, but the NT was written down only about a hundred years after the stories came about. So it was only like a generation later, which really isn't that long. And the stories are all very similar in all four gospels, so they're obviously all related. And if they're all on the same track, they stemmed from the same source, which would be Jesus and what he did.


Do you happen to know what a double standard is my good sir?


Err... No, actually.

It would be something like me saying "WELL YOUR A IDIOT FOR PETTING THE TIGER BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW TIGERS CAN KILL YOU" after I already petted the tiger. Then I can use some excuse "Well I'M special and tigers love me!!!!"

It's the same thing in this case.
"THE OT IS A BUNCH OF STORIES DUDE!"
".....so is the NT"
"YEAH BUT THE NT...."
Get it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.