First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Membership? NOT WORTH IT!
Posted 1/2/09

Alizabel wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Akcul wrote:

I don't see any differences.


JkingBrb wrote:



angie131313 wrote:

hmph! im getting annoyed with the licensed videos!!...
When will they learn to stop licening good anime's?
dont they know that the licensed videos will lead them to no good?
when all the good anime's are licensed and gone...
THIS WEBSITE IS HISTORY!!


If that happens then ill just find another website!!
ehehhe...i got a bit overboard there..
GOMENNE!!!


All legitimate anime series on crunchyroll are now licensed and subtitled to CR by the Japanese anime industries themselves. You can either 1)watch these licensed anime series paid by advertisements with your basic membership 1 week after their initial airing in Japan, or 2)watch these series 1 hour after their initial airing in Japan with HD quality with your anime membership via subscription. All licensed anime series are brought to you straight from the Japanese anime industry by CR, and you can support the industry and contribute back to the anime creators by becoming either one member.

However, illegitimate fansubs are made of stolen properties, the people who made anime won't get paid for people that just watch fansubs. Moreover, those who don't contribute back for what they took by watching and possessing illegitimate fanusbs, are leeching off the Japanese anime industry. Watching and possessing anime is not a right, it is a luxury.



I'm not disagreeing with you on that one, but I understand why people would get a bit upset concerning the lack of quality when they are paying for it.. and why some people are getting mad about not even being able to watch it (the region stuff) when they are indeed also paying!?

You need to understand that the regional DVD marketing, and the different time lap on DVD release with licensed anime medias, are marketing tactics imposed by the Japanese media publishers. They had to do this in order to protect their Japanese domestic anime DVD market from import anime DVD, especially from the US anime DVD. Because while the US anime DVD costs less than the Japanese anime DVD, it also contains twice as many episodes per disk on average. The Japanese anime DVD market is a small and saturated niche market group, however it still managed to draw more profit than the anime exporting business. This reality will not change, as long as anime still remain as a subculture, not a mainstream entertainment.

Throughout history, the only method to break this Japanese close-market predicament, was the gunboat diplomacy(aka Black Ships: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Ships) imposed by the US Navy on July 14, 1853 at Uraga Harbor. Now that we're in the 21st. century, we don't need to rely on such primitive method, no. An intercontinental ballistic missile, or ICBM, will eradicate this problem along with a good chunk of the Japanese soil.[/heavy sarcasm]

Crazy talk aside, an alternative method is to generate an even greater demand for licensed anime medias from outside the Japanese anime media market region. This will make the Japanese anime production companies to fold on their Japanese media publishers, and instead working with the international anime licensing companies for a greater global profit. Over a long run this will produce a perfect competition(http://tutor2u.net/economics/content/topics/competition/competition.htm) on anime, that means anyone can trade with everyone at anytime, with an universal exchange rate on goods and services. However, this will require anime subculture to become a professional mainstream entertainment business, not some amateur wannabe part-time hobby, like stealing anime from anime industry for greedy instant self-gratification.
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / cherry cherry boo...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
technically this is a dupe. ppl keep putting threads out complaing bout membership or how thy're gonna leave cr. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!! your certainly not gonna get anything acomplished by just complaining! if u dont like it, talk to shinji bout it instead of just complaing to evry1 else! man that pisses me off! look, now u have me complaining!
Posted 1/2/09

zeroscore wrote:

Well shinji I like the animes in here again like naruto and some shit. I was planning to buy anime membership but If you fucking give me this crappy subs then sorry. I'd rather have the h264 with a great subtitle than having a so-called "better quality" (even though i don't see a difference) with a crappy sub. THE NEW SUBS IS WAY OFF! UNREADABLE! NOT SYNCHRONIZED


If you don't want to buy a anime membership then don't; just don't complain. It shows your arrogance. There are many other online anime streaming sites. If you're not satisfied with crunchyroll, then go to another one. We don't need your negativity in this community.
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
It might be worth it once they get some more decent shows here
1166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
Yeap. If buying a membership is just going to unlock a few animes that are licensed. I'm better far off going to other websites for it. Such as www.animeseason.com The licensed animes here are all free there! Seriously! 0.0 Membership is kinda like paying for nothing at all. Well, From my POV that is...
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

_cherry_blossom_ wrote:

technically this is a dupe. ppl keep putting threads out complaing bout membership or how thy're gonna leave cr. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!! your certainly not gonna get anything acomplished by just complaining! if u dont like it, talk to shinji bout it instead of just complaing to evry1 else! man that pisses me off! look, now u have me complaining!




Im pretty sure that making posts like that will only make it worse.
4022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / look Behind you...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09 , edited 1/2/09
seriously if you have problems with the subs.. LEARN SOME F*CKIN JAPANESE AND DO IT YOURSELF! or dont complain
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / cherry cherry boo...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

jamesbont wrote:


_cherry_blossom_ wrote:

technically this is a dupe. ppl keep putting threads out complaing bout membership or how thy're gonna leave cr. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!! your certainly not gonna get anything acomplished by just complaining! if u dont like it, talk to shinji bout it instead of just complaing to evry1 else! man that pisses me off! look, now u have me complaining!




Im pretty sure that making posts like that will only make it worse.


well thats just too bad
3324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
Like I said in my other post, this will help filter people out. If you can't support what you like or like to complain get the F out of here.
15249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / 私を見つけるとご存知でしょう。^_^
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
dont you guys get tired at all? ~_~
719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
I agree, i just watched some of kaleido star and the subs are aweful!! if they had decient subs i might think about paying but with how they are now, no way
Posted 1/2/09
The ones failing to see that CR did this move to get more revenue fail at life.

Don't buy the membership
4328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

_cherry_blossom_ wrote:


jamesbont wrote:


_cherry_blossom_ wrote:

technically this is a dupe. ppl keep putting threads out complaing bout membership or how thy're gonna leave cr. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!! your certainly not gonna get anything acomplished by just complaining! if u dont like it, talk to shinji bout it instead of just complaing to evry1 else! man that pisses me off! look, now u have me complaining!




Im pretty sure that making posts like that will only make it worse.


well thats just too bad


Well, you can have fun getting pissed off then
2212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / cherry cherry boo...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09

jamesbont wrote:


_cherry_blossom_ wrote:


jamesbont wrote:


_cherry_blossom_ wrote:

technically this is a dupe. ppl keep putting threads out complaing bout membership or how thy're gonna leave cr. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!! your certainly not gonna get anything acomplished by just complaining! if u dont like it, talk to shinji bout it instead of just complaing to evry1 else! man that pisses me off! look, now u have me complaining!




Im pretty sure that making posts like that will only make it worse.


well thats just too bad


Well, you can have fun getting pissed off then


thank you i will
3198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Where I've always...
Offline
Posted 1/2/09
dear god, if u don't like it, then u don't like it. u don't have to have a temper tantrum and and cry out to the world just because u can't have ur way.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.