First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Religion: The misconceptions of some geniuses in CR
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

Allhailodin wrote:


amersfoort wrote:

well the reason to fuck it up is to see wich people do good things, and i completly disagree with u about the lie that this world is fucked up, and i doubt that a god would do anything for fun, so making a evil world practicly brings out the good of some people but yet why even doing that if u can let all humans live in harmony?


So a god doesn't get bored ? If i was a god like being and got bored, I would make the world a messed up place just to see what happens. And besides people are animals, and animal instincts tend to take over in bad situations. And btw there is no such thing as "good" and "evil" as good/evil are just personal opinions and vary from person to person.

And if i was god and made the world an "Evil" place to bring out the good in people, even I know that that would fail, and backfire on me. And besides a world where everyone lived in harmony with each other would be really boring. Its fun to have disagreements and differences of opinion. If everyone got along with each other, I would be bored 24/7. I like to watch what people do what they get into fights and disagreements. its always interesting. So we need stuff like racism and sexism and general differences of opinions to keep this place fun and interesting.


As much as I hate dumbasses, racists, sexists, religious fundamentalists/zealots,bigots,homophobes, idiots and countless other people, I guess the world would be a pretty boring place without them or conflict of difference in opinion. I mean what else is more entertaining then hearing mass amounts of bullshit coming out of their mouths or arguing?!

Of course the world could always be better and it has in certain ways but even when those idiot gain less and less power on the human race they will never go away entirely and that's enough for me. They keep me entertained at least.haha.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

QuasimodoSunday wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


amersfoort wrote:

well the reason to fuck it up is to see wich people do good things, and i completly disagree with u about the lie that this world is fucked up, and i doubt that a god would do anything for fun, so making a evil world practicly brings out the good of some people but yet why even doing that if u can let all humans live in harmony?


So a god doesn't get bored ? If i was a god like being and got bored, I would make the world a messed up place just to see what happens. And besides people are animals, and animal instincts tend to take over in bad situations. And btw there is no such thing as "good" and "evil" as good/evil are just personal opinions and vary from person to person.

And if i was god and made the world an "Evil" place to bring out the good in people, even I know that that would fail, and backfire on me. And besides a world where everyone lived in harmony with each other would be really boring. Its fun to have disagreements and differences of opinion. If everyone got along with each other, I would be bored 24/7. I like to watch what people do what they get into fights and disagreements. its always interesting. So we need stuff like racism and sexism and general differences of opinions to keep this place fun and interesting.


As much as I hate dumbasses, racists, sexists, religious fundamentalists/zealots,bigots,homophobes, idiots and countless other people, I guess the world would be a pretty boring place without them or conflict of difference in opinion. I mean what else is more entertaining then hearing mass amounts of bullshit coming out of their mouths or arguing?!

Of course the world could always be better and it has in certain ways but even when those idiot gain less and less power on the human race they will never go away entirely and that's enough for me. They keep me entertained at least.haha.


yes mass murdering is my favorite form of tertainment.....
are u sick or something, cuz i dont really anjoy all that crap about killings and wars on tv,
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

amersfoort wrote:


QuasimodoSunday wrote:


Allhailodin wrote:


amersfoort wrote:

well the reason to fuck it up is to see wich people do good things, and i completly disagree with u about the lie that this world is fucked up, and i doubt that a god would do anything for fun, so making a evil world practicly brings out the good of some people but yet why even doing that if u can let all humans live in harmony?


So a god doesn't get bored ? If i was a god like being and got bored, I would make the world a messed up place just to see what happens. And besides people are animals, and animal instincts tend to take over in bad situations. And btw there is no such thing as "good" and "evil" as good/evil are just personal opinions and vary from person to person.

And if i was god and made the world an "Evil" place to bring out the good in people, even I know that that would fail, and backfire on me. And besides a world where everyone lived in harmony with each other would be really boring. Its fun to have disagreements and differences of opinion. If everyone got along with each other, I would be bored 24/7. I like to watch what people do what they get into fights and disagreements. its always interesting. So we need stuff like racism and sexism and general differences of opinions to keep this place fun and interesting.


As much as I hate dumbasses, racists, sexists, religious fundamentalists/zealots,bigots,homophobes, idiots and countless other people, I guess the world would be a pretty boring place without them or conflict of difference in opinion. I mean what else is more entertaining then hearing mass amounts of bullshit coming out of their mouths or arguing?!

Of course the world could always be better and it has in certain ways but even when those idiot gain less and less power on the human race they will never go away entirely and that's enough for me. They keep me entertained at least.haha.


yes mass murdering is my favorite form of tertainment.....
are u sick or something, cuz i dont really anjoy all that crap about killings and wars on tv,



No. I'm talking about the STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE of mankind being entertaining.

6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
well i guess that is funny, but still they also cause the mass murdering making it less entertaining for me
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

QuasimodoSunday wrote:




No. I'm talking about the STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE of mankind being entertaining.



LOL. You must've be entertained looking at yourself. peace

edited: please read the first post. you seem to have some misconceptions about religious people.
253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
1. Religious people obeys their religion blindly.

I agree completly, they do know what they are getting into. Hypocracy.

2. God has no scientific basis. Religious people are stupid to put their faith on such thing.

If i was tell you about the Aztec gods and how they were whorshiped, would you consider the blood spilt in their favour immoral? My point is, yes
it's stupid to put your faith in something that spreads hatred, biggotry and preaches seperation as all religion has done through out history.

More misconceptions

3. If religious people can't explain it, then it must be god.

It's their job to explain these things from a theist point of view since they reject adequet theories for nonsense like intelligent design.
They can be ordinary people but as such should not argue for something as fact if they can't explain it from a theist stand point.

4. Religious people are close minded people.

They are quite close minded because their holy book teaches one very narrow minded view point, which is there is only one true god and you must
acknowledge and follow his rules.

Not much room for compramise and when there is it's usually in direct violation of another part of their holy book.


5. Religious people have no logic

They messure of a person's interlect is compassion and the realization that they don't have all the answers. Something the MAJORITY of religious people
do not have. You can't tell me it's based on logic when they preach man is falable yet "god's" chosen representitives are infalable.

That god is compassionate and loving of his children when we are born into shackles (sin) and slavery (servitude to get out of sin).

This is not a logical thought process. But this point can never be properly debated because of the issue of faith.

6. Religious people are racists, sexists, religious fundamentalists/zealots,bigots,homophobes...

I've been in bible study in a number of different churches and debated countless religious people. If there are religious people who don't fit
into any of the above labels they are either A. confused and about to leave the faith or B. acknowledge and dismiss based on the fact that they
have "faith". Although the latter swares to follow the main teachings of their current religion even though their holy book teaches otherwise.
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

alupihan45 wrote:


QuasimodoSunday wrote:




No. I'm talking about the STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE of mankind being entertaining.



LOL. You must've be entertained looking at yourself. peace

edited: please read the first post. you seem to have some misconceptions about religious people.


Dipshit, the correct phrase is "must have BEEN entertained" NOT "must have be entertained."Some genius you are, dumbass. If you are going to be a smartass and criticize my intelligence, at least try not to look like an ass in the process. M'kay?

Pssh, I'm not talking about ALL religious people being that way. Have you noticed that I specifically said "Extreme religious fundalmentalists/zealots" in my previous comment? I'm perfectly aware not all religious people are that way. In fact one of my good cr buddies is religious and he's one of the most logical,philosophical, cerebral, people I know in this godforsaken website. Why don't you stop being such a pretentious bitch and actually read carefully over my first comment before you come to such a short-sighted opinion? You obviously fail at comprehension.And you call me an idiot? Nice job, asswipe.

Edit: I was specifically talking to my cr buddy Allhailodin about his topic of sexists and bigots(Including EXTREMIST religious people) adding interesting conflict in the world. It really had nothing to do with your topic directly. See what I mean about not reading carefully? My god you truly are a douche.
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

QuasimodoSunday wrote:






Dipshit, the correct phrase is "must have BEEN entertained" NOT "must have be entertained."Some genius you are, dumbass. If you are going to be a smartass and criticize my intelligence, at least try not to look like an ass in the process. M'kay?


sorry. typo. relax.


QuasimodoSunday
Pssh, I'm not talking about ALL religious people being that way. Have you noticed that I specifically said "Extreme religious fundalmentalists/zealots" in my previous comment? I'm perfectly aware not all religious people are that way. In fact one of my good cr buddies is religious and he's one of the most logical,philosophical, cerebral, people I know in this godforsaken website. Why don't you stop being such a pretentious bitch and actually read carefully over my first comment before you come to such a short-sighted opinion? You obviously fail at comprehension.And you call me an idiot? Nice job, asswipe.

and when did i called you an idiot. btw, the first post is to all those stereotypical people. If you are not one of them, then don't get mad.

forgot to inform you, i used your statement about racist etc...
but it wasn't meant for you. it just reminded me of CR forumers who thinks that way.
besides, i can't recall all the misconceptions about religious people in one sitting.
1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

alupihan45 wrote:


QuasimodoSunday wrote:






Dipshit, the correct phrase is "must have BEEN entertained" NOT "must have be entertained."Some genius you are, dumbass. If you are going to be a smartass and criticize my intelligence, at least try not to look like an ass in the process. M'kay?


sorry. typo. relax.


QuasimodoSunday
Pssh, I'm not talking about ALL religious people being that way. Have you noticed that I specifically said "Extreme religious fundalmentalists/zealots" in my previous comment? I'm perfectly aware not all religious people are that way. In fact one of my good cr buddies is religious and he's one of the most logical,philosophical, cerebral, people I know in this godforsaken website. Why don't you stop being such a pretentious bitch and actually read carefully over my first comment before you come to such a short-sighted opinion? You obviously fail at comprehension.And you call me an idiot? Nice job, asswipe.

and when did i called you an idiot. btw, the first post is to all those stereotypical people. If you are not one of them, then don't get mad.

forgot to inform you, i used your statement about racist etc...
but it wasn't meant for you. it just reminded me of CR forumers who thinks that way.
besides, i can't recall all the misconceptions about religious people in one sitting.


Why did you have to quote me then?

Sorry for the miscommunication. I tend to be an asshole fast when people act like an ass.

Yeah. I don't really care about people who practice religion. I don't like those who practice indoctrination and force religion down their throat.. And that goes for any extremist of any cause. Not just religion.

Edit: I was specifically talking to my cr buddy Allhailodin about his topic of sexists and bigots(Including EXTREMIST religious people) adding interesting conflict in the world. It really had nothing to do with your topic directly.
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

well said.

since the first post seems to cover all religion, then some points fail since occults and some pagan stuff would still fall in religion. So I guess, I should be more specific that the points given applies to Christianity and Islam only.

oh, let me reply on some of your comments


meowzy
My point is, yes
it's stupid to put your faith in something that spreads hatred, biggotry and preaches seperation as all religion has done through out history.


its a sad thing that people only remembers the sin of those corrupt followers who walk before us. Let me just inform you that the only thing religion teachers to hate would be anything evil. If religion would teach separation, that would be separation from anything evil.

We would be hypocrites to do evil while we preach holiness.

Christianity and Islam talks about loving God and to do that, you should love your neighbor. That's all there is. Heck, Christianity preaches mercy and humility that if someone slaps you on the right cheek, you let the offender slap you on the other cheek.

In short, Christianity and Islam is all about leaving in peace and in love with God and his/her neighbor and hating what is evil.

So if you found someone who falls under the category of "hypocrisy", he/she doesn't know what christianity and islam all about.


meowzy
It's their job to explain these things from a theist point of view since they reject adequet theories for nonsense like intelligent design.
They can be ordinary people but as such should not argue for something as fact if they can't explain it from a theist stand point.


isn't the natural process itself enough to prove how God governs the universe? Do you think all unintelligent objects acts randomly? Have you seen water in a kettle resisted boiling with fire? Are you not amazed how complex and sophisticated the universe was created, that men doesn't even come to one conclusion why they exist, why such things exist?

Also, holy scriptures doesn't contain detailed scientific explanations of everything. It's all about moral laws and the deity of God.


meowzy
They are quite close minded because their holy book teaches one very narrow minded view point, which is there is only one true god and you must
acknowledge and follow his rules.

Not much room for compramise and when there is it's usually in direct violation of another part of their holy book.


In Christianity and Islam, there is one true God. However, if we would be called narrow minded because we believe in one true god then we are guilty as charge.

Btw, we cannot make compromise to polytheism. Its just against our teaching. But we don't force them our religion. If someone does then he's "out of the book" (figure of speech). We cannot compromise with evil because it would be contrary to the path of holiness.


meowzy
They messure of a person's interlect is compassion and the realization that they don't have all the answers. Something the MAJORITY of religious people
do not have. You can't tell me it's based on logic when they preach man is falable yet "god's" chosen representitives are infalable.

That god is compassionate and loving of his children when we are born into shackles (sin) and slavery (servitude to get out of sin).

This is not a logical thought process. But this point can never be properly debated because of the issue of faith.

Didn't understand your first sentence. On the second sentence, by that statement, we can assume you met all of the religious people in the world.

about being fallible, its BS to say that there is no man who didn't committed sin. I fall on sin sometimes if i failed to show mercy to my offenders and show charity if I am capable of sharing. Even prophets committed sin and got punished how much more simple believers?

sin as shackle? that is debatable since there are two existing side in religion and philosophy about the depravity of man. As for servitude to get our of sin, i don't know about Islam's point of salvation but in Christianity, putting faith in the Messiah is enough and actions would justify your faith.


meowzy
I've been in bible study in a number of different churches and debated countless religious people. If there are religious people who don't fit
into any of the above labels they are either A. confused and about to leave the faith or B. acknowledge and dismiss based on the fact that they
have "faith". Although the latter swares to follow the main teachings of their current religion even though their holy book teaches otherwise

I guess whenever you turned around, you see the so called "rotten eggs".

--------------

I think you are caught in the idea that religion explains all. That is a myth. Like science, religion doesn't explain all things. It can't explain math, it can't explain political science, it doesn't explain explain computers etc.

so i'll put it in the first post since I met a lot of people who have the same notion
2319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / where the grass i...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

QuasimodoSunday wrote:






Why did you have to quote me then?


sorry. it just happened your post reminded me of that side


QuasimodoSunday

Sorry for the miscommunication. I tend to be an asshole fast when people act like an ass.


can't blame ya. its easy to be an asshole than to be a saint. (no offense)


QuasimodoSunday
Yeah. I don't really care about people who practice religion. I don't like those who practice indoctrination and force religion down their throat.. And that goes for any extremist of any cause. Not just religion.

Edit: I was specifically talking to my cr buddy Allhailodin about his topic of sexists and bigots(Including EXTREMIST religious people) adding interesting conflict in the world. It really had nothing to do with your topic directly.

i hate those people too but then again, i must not be harsh towards them because who knows God may humiliate me by throwing my short comings in my face (like if I keep harassing single teen moms verbally then in the future, my daughter would be a single teen mom)
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

Allhailodin wrote:


I don't really care if I offended you. That's 100% your problem if you get offended. And I'm not singling out catholics, it was a general term that would apply to prodastant as well.


Fine, but it's still a stereotype. Christians aren't all completely religious. Some don't even go to church, like myself (when I can get out of it). Some go to church every Sunday or Saturday, and some go every day. It's not like we sit in front of an altar and bow, or something.


Any answer to any question was found out somehow by someone in some mannor. Answers do not simply appear, so yes they need to be found.


I don't really understand what you mean here. Do you mean something like, "How did people even come up with God?" If that has something to do with it, then my answer is: I don't know. If not, I'm sorry.


While that is true,that raises a question "why believe in something that might not exist" ? If it can't be proved nor disproved, why worship it and spend your life praying and doing all that stuff, if the possibility exists that it's all for nothing ?


Since first grade, I've been in a Catholic school. It's just what I've grown up with, and when you're taught something from when you're young like that, it sticks with you. At least, it did with me.

But what if it does exist? What if God is real? People who have near-death experiences claim to have seen God, or their dead relatives, or a white light. While this doesn't prove much, isn't it strange that so many people claim the same thing?


Sure, but religion is also the cause for mass suffering and deaths, lots of wars have been started over religion, thus lots of people have died because of it as well, It has caused lots off suffering too. So its not purely a good thing now is it ?


And science has made guns and bombs. It's something we have to live with.



Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

alupihan45 wrote:
example, a girl got pregnant early and her future was screwed up. She should not blame God because it was her decision that made her future screwed up. It is not God who allowed it to happen but herself. But then again, she can't accept the fact it was her fault so she finds fault on others and God, i think is a convenient scapegoat.


You are missing the big picture. There are three points about "God" that monotheism agrees on, and that is perfection, potency, and singularity. God is perfect, all powerful, and alone in his/her/its actions. When this God created an entire universe under the above mentioned conditions, everything can be traced back to the beginning. There is no such thing as external input if everything came from a single source with the power to start the most unfathomable chain reaction of all time. True Christians believe all free will, including their own, is an illusion.

Stare at the fishbowl we created, and break free.


meowzy wrote:
it's stupid to put your faith in something that spreads hatred, biggotry and preaches seperation as all religion has done through out history.


One of the most frustrating parts of "shopping around for a religion" is that everyone preaches separation. Anyone saying that all gods are the same immediately gets laughed off the stage. Truth is, claiming that their way is the one, true way is one of modern religion's best survival mechanisms. Heaven and Hell is the biggest "carrot and the stick" gag I can imagine.


meowzy wrote:
It's their job to explain these things from a theist point of view since they reject adequate theories for nonsense like intelligent design.


It is impossible for a God that knows everything to leave anything to the imagination like ID suggests. God would always know what the "improv" sections contained (omniscience).


meowzy wrote:
Not much room for compramise and when there is it's usually in direct violation of another part of their holy book.


Shhh, don't say that, they're just going to bring up the "bible written through man" defense.


meowzy wrote:
You can't tell me it's based on logic when they preach man is fallible yet "god's" chosen representatives are infallible.


This is probably the weakest part of your argument. There are a great number of drunks, murderers, slackers and perverts that have found their way into being part of the hebrew texts. Moses is a drunk, Solomon was a pervert, a bunch of people killed a bunch of other people. Lot said "Hey mob, gang rape my two young daughters instead of this stranger" and he was saved from destruction.


meowzy wrote:That god is compassionate and loving of his children when we are born into shackles (sin) and slavery (servitude to get out of sin).


Slavery may be on its way out, but God still sits by idly as people are born into New Jersey every day. That is the real tragic truth about the real face of our God. Jersey girls. And Ed Gein. And guro. And furries.
683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

amersfoort wrote:

same here, dead is dead, no human soul or shit, its over, no consious anymore


Why? Why isn't there a soul? I believe all living things have a soul. Why wouldn't they?




gopherthegold wrote:

True Christians believe all free will, including their own, is an illusion.




That's something that my religion teachers have confused me with. At a young age, they told me that God had a plan. Now, I'm being taught that God allows everything to happen the way it's happening. I don't know which is which.
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

XxRabidFangirlxX wrote:


gopherthegold wrote:

True Christians believe all free will, including their own, is an illusion.


That's something that my religion teachers have confused me with. At a young age, they told me that God had a plan. Now, I'm being taught that God allows everything to happen the way it's happening. I don't know which is which.


There's your problem. If you identify yourself as a Christian, make sure those things that your religious leaders are telling you trace back to evidence in that old book of yours. When they tell you masturbation makes you go blind, ask for the passage. (the one they will cite will actually be about the withdrawal "method" of contraception.)

You are confused because you don't know which has the most textual evidence. I don't see a passage that says "and God will go on a vacation now and just watch like a pervert". No they say "God's kingdom is coming!" as everything gets worse. Great kingdom, God. Boy, I wish my kingdom were half as 4chan as yours.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.