Post Reply Amv Beta
Moderator
7080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United Kingdom -...
Offline
Posted 1/3/09 , edited 1/5/09
Hey, I'm so close on finshing my amv, and i need people opinion on how to improve and such, like quality wise or scene selection.
And I also would prefer if you critisize my amv for its flaw.

Any opinions are welcome to i dont care if u think is crap, i just want to hear ur honest opinion on the video so i can finish it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMi9pI6GG8&fmt=22

THIS IS THE NEW AND IMPROVE AMV BTW

This would be an extention of the Current beta of the link posted above.
Btw I already know about the problem @ 1:29-1:30, its because i forgot to resize when rendering in HD.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0vt6w5

~Thanks =)
AMVMaker regulars
1420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / la la land
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
damn....!!! nise job, very good. loved it. hd rocks man.
Moderator
67850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Japan
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
I already told you its great I love how it has this mysterious feel to it because of the song.
Also, whats the name of the song? I think I asked before but what anime did you use? The one with the short haired boy in like winterwear standing on a glass coffin with a girl inside (near the beginning) ? Is it the same one as the green haired girl and pink haired girl that combine? the art looks similar...
AMVMaker regulars
13202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
looks good. i don't have a problem with it.
the only thing is HD on youtube runs jerky O.o
Moderator
35171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Lurking
Offline
Posted 1/3/09
I do see a problem but that's probably me being picky.

Its near the end with that massive black.
Moderator
7080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United Kingdom -...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09 , edited 1/4/09

Meowsa wrote:

I already told you its great I love how it has this mysterious feel to it because of the song.
Also, whats the name of the song? I think I asked before but what anime did you use? The one with the short haired boy in like winterwear standing on a glass coffin with a girl inside (near the beginning) ? Is it the same one as the green haired girl and pink haired girl that combine? the art looks similar...


Anime:
Origin of the Past (This is the one you liked )
5 Centimeters Per Second
Ef The First Tale
Ef The Later Tale

Song:
All I Need - Caroline Lufkin


Kr3w wrote:

I do see a problem but that's probably me being picky.

Its near the end with that massive black.


Aahhh, sure i can fix that
AMVMaker regulars
3336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Trudging on throu...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
First of all let me say that this amv is very original and unique. I've never heard the song before and I haven't heard of some of the anime you used. (What is "Ef the First Tale" and "Ef the Later Tale?" Are they the same as "Ef a tale of memories" and "Ef a tale of melodies?")

Anyway, what I like about this amv is that it really probes your senses. The exuberant scene choices portraying the natrual elements combined with the vivid quality and the mysterious music, helps to convey this sense of refreshment and renewal to the viewer. In this video it feels as if the music illustrates the scenes instead of the other way around. This is a good thing and all, but in doing so the story-telling aspect does not come into play. Now don't get me wrong a good video doesn't necessarily have to tell a story or anything, but I feel that a good music video should have some sort of emotional gravity on the viewer. What I am trying to say is that it is difficult to create this emotional gravity when there is no story to tell. In other words it is easier to move the viewer emotionally when you are telling some sort of story or conveying some sort of message. I don't know take it or leave it, but that's my humble opinion.

There were only a few places that needs technical fixing (it might be youtube though). The sync is hard to figure out, because of it's irregular patterns, but it does sync up.

Highlights of this AMV were:

1. Opening Sequence 0:00-0:15
2. 0:50-0:53
3. 1:05-1:08 (AWESOME!!! The cricket sounds in the music combined with the vividly diminishing light creates a twilight effect.)
4. 1:20-1:29
5. 1:49-1:50 (I can almost feel the coolness of that droplet of water....)

Overall, good music video. Amazing sensory details. Not much emotional gravity (for me). Very refreshing.

I can't rate it or anything until you finish, so I look forward to the finished product. Good job so far!
Moderator
7080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United Kingdom -...
Offline
Posted 1/5/09 , edited 1/5/09

qweruiop wrote:

First of all let me say that this amv is very original and unique. I've never heard the song before and I haven't heard of some of the anime you used. (What is "Ef the First Tale" and "Ef the Later Tale?" Are they the same as "Ef a tale of memories" and "Ef a tale of melodies?")

Anyway, what I like about this amv is that it really probes your senses. The exuberant scene choices portraying the natrual elements combined with the vivid quality and the mysterious music, helps to convey this sense of refreshment and renewal to the viewer. In this video it feels as if the music illustrates the scenes instead of the other way around. This is a good thing and all, but in doing so the story-telling aspect does not come into play. Now don't get me wrong a good video doesn't necessarily have to tell a story or anything, but I feel that a good music video should have some sort of emotional gravity on the viewer. What I am trying to say is that it is difficult to create this emotional gravity when there is no story to tell. In other words it is easier to move the viewer emotionally when you are telling some sort of story or conveying some sort of message. I don't know take it or leave it, but that's my humble opinion.

There were only a few places that needs technical fixing (it might be youtube though). The sync is hard to figure out, because of it's irregular patterns, but it does sync up.

Highlights of this AMV were:

1. Opening Sequence 0:00-0:15
2. 0:50-0:53
3. 1:05-1:08 (AWESOME!!! The cricket sounds in the music combined with the vividly diminishing light creates a twilight effect.)
4. 1:20-1:29
5. 1:49-1:50 (I can almost feel the coolness of that droplet of water....)

Overall, good music video. Amazing sensory details. Not much emotional gravity (for me). Very refreshing.

I can't rate it or anything until you finish, so I look forward to the finished product. Good job so far!



YAY!!!....Thanks to a nice opinion hehehe, true about the emotional side to it...hard to do it on a music such as this really =)

And about the Ef The Latter and First Tale is a video game footage
You must be logged in to post.