First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Fansubs or official subs?
1095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

The_X_box_360 wrote:


icaritos wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:

Legal > illegal

Support the anime studios >> Rip them off

Contributors >>> Leechers

The Future of Anime >>>> The history of anime piracy

Official subs that can be improved by Crunchyroll >>>>>>>>>>> Fansubbers who never pass up an opportunity to belittle their users


suck up

To what? ..... the law? ..... the creators of the Anime I watch?


LOL, leechers are so corny that it's actually funny.


While i partially agree with you , your opinion is also very short sighted in a way . The anime industry doesn't care nearly as much about you , or need you , as you may think . On the other side people who just leech over and over are just as bad .

If the anime industry cared about us , then maybe they could show it with some effort . It is really sad when fansubbers are usually much more accurate than the studio subbers . Most of us who watch subs do it because we want to experience the anime the way is was meant to be enjoyed . Instead the studio subbers try to americanize the subs , which is basically a slap in the face to the non children anime fans .

The setup with crunchyroll is also just a lackluster way to draw some extra profit . If you lived in Japan you would be able to watch every anime in existence for the equivalent of around $30-$40 a month , and enjoy everything else their television has to offer . Yet we are supposed to pay $6 a month to enjoy 1/1000th of the anime library . The studio's also insult our intelligence thinking that we would think this is some great deal . Other than Naruto and a few others series , nothing here is what would be deemed popular by industry standards .



103931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 1/4/09

Maou068 wrote:

Whoever gives me the best high quality subs win.


*relevant*

There are 2 basic types of files associated with subbing in general the first is the " .ass " file thats the fancy stuff you see the styled and pretty fonts.

The second is the " .srt " file thats the white blank stuff pros use.

so the ethical question is are you a .ass or .srt person?
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
Fansubs are a whole lot better than Official Subs by a whole lot, the Anime industry caring about subbing their work is pretty low... I would watch the Official subs however because it further supports the official subbers, and with time I'm sure some companies that do the subbing improve by a whole lot. Gotta support right?
1919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
72 / F / EVERY WHERE
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

FallenWings63 wrote:

Fansubs contains the soul of an anime lover.... Fansubs will always be better than the official subs....


lol i too prefer fansubs and the anime is more available to watch than with official subs where they can license it
767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
Fansubs are better, in sync, more accurate than official subs.
I dunno what official subbers are doing...it just seems like they're translating and then putting it wherever they want without matching the mouth....
5146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / LIR I-I3/-\RT&S{}uI_
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
w8 im reali confused now...they said we have 2paynow2 watch rite?to join the membership fee?
but we can watch the offical subs on CR without paying??
so its just tat all fansubs r gone?
wat da ef is goin on??
22209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Spain
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
Subtitles or dubs made with love are unbeatable, being official or fan-made. But at the moment, fans usually spread love about their characters or just over whole anime universe, so the result is obvious.

Maybe the big difference comes with other languages. A lot of japanese translators are in USA, or just use English as a native language.
If the other translators take English as a base, and not Japanese, then they bring the same errors than in english (if it wasn't some high quality work), and show a still more imprecise text. But if these translators take directly from Japanese, that's another story.

Sorry if it seems sad for many of you, but in other countries Japanese learning is not so popular. At least in Spain and Latinamercia is very hard to find japanese->spanish translators. Almost every fansub take english fansubs as a base. The same for the distributors, but not so drastically.

Coming back to the topic: Long live to fansubs. Death to absolute leechers.
914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
i'd go with the fansubs.
8876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Somewhere in spac...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
I dare say to you all that I still support fansubs a bit more than official subs... since they sometimes do the extra work... the official subs are sometimes ripped off from translated manga of the same series... Like when I was watching Rebuild of Evengelion 1.01 (the DVD), there was one scene where a group of girls were just shouting "Ikari-kuuun!" but they translated it as "You're So Cute, Ikari"

Nei nei~ I don't mind buying the DVDs... I support the company which made it legal for us to watch since they did all things legal to get the license and what so what not. So whichever country you're in, just support some of the animes that you can buy or hard to get your hands on... I bought a DVD cos the fansubbed version was too SD~ -.-" So that's one reason on why you can buy an official version.

But CR has put us in a tight spot here, ladies and gentlemen. It has been 2 years and we have been supporting Shinji with all our hearts to watch the anime... WE didn't mind when he made some anime banned because they had legal rights... But to remove EVERY anime that doesn't have any official translated subs is just wrong. I used to like it here, but I'm having 2nd thoughts about staying here... If this is it, then it is SAYONARA for us all...
63851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toronto, Ontario,...
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
Which ever I can watch.
3388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Ryoma's House
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
fansubs are always better
never really got y though @.@
29447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

mackreki wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


icaritos wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:

Legal > illegal

Support the anime studios >> Rip them off

Contributors >>> Leechers

The Future of Anime >>>> The history of anime piracy

Official subs that can be improved by Crunchyroll >>>>>>>>>>> Fansubbers who never pass up an opportunity to belittle their users


suck up

To what? ..... the law? ..... the creators of the Anime I watch?


LOL, leechers are so corny that it's actually funny.


While i partially agree with you , your opinion is also very short sighted in a way . The anime industry doesn't care nearly as much about you , or need you , as you may think . On the other side people who just leech over and over are just as bad .

If the anime industry cared about us , then maybe they could show it with some effort . It is really sad when fansubbers are usually much more accurate than the studio subbers . Most of us who watch subs do it because we want to experience the anime the way is was meant to be enjoyed . Instead the studio subbers try to americanize the subs , which is basically a slap in the face to the non children anime fans .

The setup with crunchyroll is also just a lackluster way to draw some extra profit . If you lived in Japan you would be able to watch every anime in existence for the equivalent of around $30-$40 a month , and enjoy everything else their television has to offer . Yet we are supposed to pay $6 a month to enjoy 1/1000th of the anime library . The studio's also insult our intelligence thinking that we would think this is some great deal . Other than Naruto and a few others series , nothing here is what would be deemed popular by industry standards .




LOL, leeching is leeching is leeching, however you want to look at it.


F.Y.I.
many fansubbers add profanity and harsh language where there is absolutely none, in the first place.
Additionally, many of us "English speakers" can get along just fine without all the nee-sans nii-sans sans kuns samas and the rest, lol.

Even still, I'm sure the official subs will get better and better. Dattebayo wasn't all that great when they first started out, and neither was any fansub group. To assume otherwise is just silly.

1095 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/4/09

The_X_box_360 wrote:


mackreki wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


icaritos wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:

Legal > illegal

Support the anime studios >> Rip them off

Contributors >>> Leechers

The Future of Anime >>>> The history of anime piracy

Official subs that can be improved by Crunchyroll >>>>>>>>>>> Fansubbers who never pass up an opportunity to belittle their users


suck up

To what? ..... the law? ..... the creators of the Anime I watch?


LOL, leechers are so corny that it's actually funny.


While i partially agree with you , your opinion is also very short sighted in a way . The anime industry doesn't care nearly as much about you , or need you , as you may think . On the other side people who just leech over and over are just as bad .

If the anime industry cared about us , then maybe they could show it with some effort . It is really sad when fansubbers are usually much more accurate than the studio subbers . Most of us who watch subs do it because we want to experience the anime the way is was meant to be enjoyed . Instead the studio subbers try to americanize the subs , which is basically a slap in the face to the non children anime fans .

The setup with crunchyroll is also just a lackluster way to draw some extra profit . If you lived in Japan you would be able to watch every anime in existence for the equivalent of around $30-$40 a month , and enjoy everything else their television has to offer . Yet we are supposed to pay $6 a month to enjoy 1/1000th of the anime library . The studio's also insult our intelligence thinking that we would think this is some great deal . Other than Naruto and a few others series , nothing here is what would be deemed popular by industry standards .




LOL, leeching is leeching is leeching, however you want to look at it.


F.Y.I.
many fansubbers add profanity and harsh language where there is absolutely none, in the first place.
Additionally, many of us "English speakers" can get along just fine without all the nee-sans nii-sans sans kuns samas and the rest, lol.

Even still, I'm sure the official subs will get better and better. Dattebayo wasn't all that great when they first started out, and neither was any fansub group. To assume otherwise is just silly.



When you say things like"Many fansubbers add profanity and harsh language where there aren't any" makes me believe you have been watching anime with horrible fansub groups . The vast majority of anime fansub groups are so much more accurate than official subs , that it isn't even a comparison .

Then again i'd bet a large sum that you can't understand Japanese other than a few words here and there , where as i speak it fluently .
2545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In tha Houze
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
I watch fansubbed anime for most of the time and I think its not as bad as you've said.
Well, before I download anime, I always look at the comments so I would know if the subs sucks or don't.

But the official subs is a thumbs up
2977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / HUECO MUNDO
Offline
Posted 1/4/09
Doesnt matter
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.