First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Asian names for non asians?
Posted 1/7/09

kyoukoujin wrote:


yourusernameis wrote:

Me and my friends were talking about what we would name our children if we ever had them in the future. Im western, i live in England and i like alot of westren names like William, Lucas and Eleanor etc. but i also said i liked the names Haruhi and Haruka.

A few of my friends said that it would be cruel to name a non asian child with an asian name. But i think its okay if you like the name and is reasonable.

What do you think?


As long as other people can clearly pronounce the names of your child without a stumble or stuttering or confusion, it's okay.
To test it, get a new pet. Call that pet with an asian name. Then, introduce your pet to your friends and family. See and listen if they have any troubles pronouncing your pet's asian name. If it does present difficulties, don't use it in the future.


People here in the US can easily say Kareem Abdul Jabar, but they can't even say my name Nareem.
Yes, they can easily say names like McMahon and Benoit, but Nareem?! Are they stupid?
Nareem sounds like Kareem. The only difference is the first letters. sheesh
Kareem Abdul Jabar is a bball player by the way.

Hmmm...
Neh-rim?
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/09

SeductiveGerbil wrote:

Ye dammed weeaboos.


kinky hamsterdam is that you? what happened to the name

and why nont

ppl in the businesses are gonna be like heck yes take him over the white guy
he can build robots from birth lol

lol stereotypes
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/7/09
What would a Japanese name sound like with a black person? I'd rather just stick to English.
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 1/7/09

phame wrote:

I would name my child in Asian name:

boy:
Naruto, Sasuke, Allen, Ichigo
girl: Sakura, Hinata, Lenalee(heard it was Chinese [my country] and I like it!!), Mizuki, Inoue


...I feel bad for your child.
Posted 1/7/09

touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:

I would name my child in Asian name:

boy:
Naruto, Sasuke, Allen, Ichigo
girl: Sakura, Hinata, Lenalee(heard it was Chinese [my country] and I like it!!), Mizuki, Inoue


...I feel bad for your child.


Lol, poor kid. Kinda pathetic if you think about it
24918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/7/09

touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:

I would name my child in Asian name:

boy:
Naruto, Sasuke, Allen, Ichigo
girl: Sakura, Hinata, Lenalee(heard it was Chinese [my country] and I like it!!), Mizuki, Inoue


...I feel bad for your child.


why???
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 1/7/09

phame wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:

I would name my child in Asian name:

boy:
Naruto, Sasuke, Allen, Ichigo
girl: Sakura, Hinata, Lenalee(heard it was Chinese [my country] and I like it!!), Mizuki, Inoue


...I feel bad for your child.


why???


Naruto? Sasuke? C'mon...he/she will be labeled a Narutard for life.
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 1/7/09

Gaia93 wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:

I would name my child in Asian name:

boy:
Naruto, Sasuke, Allen, Ichigo
girl: Sakura, Hinata, Lenalee(heard it was Chinese [my country] and I like it!!), Mizuki, Inoue


...I feel bad for your child.


Lol, poor kid. Kinda pathetic if you think about it


...Very.
24918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/7/09

touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:

I would name my child in Asian name:

boy:
Naruto, Sasuke, Allen, Ichigo
girl: Sakura, Hinata, Lenalee(heard it was Chinese [my country] and I like it!!), Mizuki, Inoue


...I feel bad for your child.


why???


Naruto? Sasuke? C'mon...he/she will be labeled a Narutard for life.


Okay the other names are joke but I like Lenalee for the girls name tough
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/7/09

SeductiveGerbil wrote:


kyoukoujin wrote:


yourusernameis wrote:

Me and my friends were talking about what we would name our children if we ever had them in the future. Im western, i live in England and i like alot of westren names like William, Lucas and Eleanor etc. but i also said i liked the names Haruhi and Haruka.

A few of my friends said that it would be cruel to name a non asian child with an asian name. But i think its okay if you like the name and is reasonable.

What do you think?


As long as other people can clearly pronounce the names of your child without a stumble or stuttering or confusion, it's okay.
To test it, get a new pet. Call that pet with an asian name. Then, introduce your pet to your friends and family. See and listen if they have any troubles pronouncing your pet's asian name. If it does present difficulties, don't use it in the future.


People here in the US can easily say Kareem Abdul Jabar, but they can't even say my name Nareem.
Yes, they can easily say names like McMahon and Benoit, but Nareem?! Are they stupid?
Nareem sounds like Kareem. The only difference is the first letters. sheesh
Kareem Abdul Jabar is a bball player by the way.

Hmmm...
Neh-rim?


No. It's Johnny Depp.
Still cool either way.

As cool as this song:
7442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Tampa, FL
Offline
Posted 1/7/09

phame wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:


touchzanaflexpens wrote:


phame wrote:

I would name my child in Asian name:

boy:
Naruto, Sasuke, Allen, Ichigo
girl: Sakura, Hinata, Lenalee(heard it was Chinese [my country] and I like it!!), Mizuki, Inoue


...I feel bad for your child.


why???


Naruto? Sasuke? C'mon...he/she will be labeled a Narutard for life.


Okay the other names are joke but I like Lenalee for the girls name tough


Lol. I agree Lenalee is a pretty name.

1876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / GTA
Offline
Posted 1/7/09
well for me obviously because i'm asian :\
so of course they'll have an asian name (NOT japanese!)
and they'll also have an english name too (:
Posted 1/7/09
i dont think that would be that great if its something sooo japanese like haruhi or haruka. maybe something a little more ''america-friendly''. that way they dont steam their brains trying to pronounce them
Posted 1/7/09
Well.... I dislike the idea, but it's possible, just don't bring your kid to my kids.
19836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Aoi's House! (ins...
Offline
Posted 1/7/09
i would name my kkid dbag hahahha jk. umm thats preety cool.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.