First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
I call for the removal of all non-licensed animes
1259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/7/09
I just want all the anime that is NOT licensed on the site to be taken off the index, that's all. I and I know others hate going to a show's page only to see a removed notice. This simple thing will go a LONG way to appeasing alot of the "whiners"
3882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/7/09
it doesn't come in one big step. I'm sure selling internationally on other markets is a huge gamble but actually I think anime online is less of a harm to the industry than original language series/movies/games/etc. that can be downloaded in many sites in America itself and same to respective countries. So I agree with the "only sold in Japan" idea.

It's the "What? Am I supposed to buy the DVD that FINALLY gets sold in America 2 years after it's aired in Japan or somewhere else?" feeling if you know what I mean. It's a really hard problem for the industry to deal with, what buyers want and what companies can do.

As for the whining about sucky translations... too bad, learn some Japanese if you must. Although I do think that some fansubbers do a way better job.

Note: I'm sure you weren't complaining when you were watching free anime on CR years before
Posted 1/7/09

Batarang wrote:


seto_21 wrote:

I'm speechless and rather confused i'm pretty sure that everyone that has posted on this thread at no point in time minded at all that they were enjoying free-anime otherwise unavailable elsewhere unless bought. If you don't like the way CR does things dn't waste time trolling, move to another site, if i were an admin i would of had closed this thread the moment DC opened it.

Everybody has their own way of running/doing things who are we to judge, if you don't like/agree with it nobody is holding you, go ahead move on, there are tons of other sites out there.


I totally agree with you. I do not mind CR going legit or anything else. What I mind are kiss asses like Dom and the others here claiming CR are upstanding people. And how other sites are so illegal and should have been closed down. CR is no different.

I forgot what site it was but there was a gentleman in England that got busted at having the largest Anime linking site online. He never uploaded any illegal anime just posted the links to them. He got busted with like 10 years in jail plus a hefty (in the hundreds of thousands of dollars) fine. For just posting links. What CR did is no different.

I do not claim CR to be doing something stupid. They made a sound financial rock solid decision. And in truth I am hoping it does help out the Anime community. What kills me are people like Dom and his little entourage of followers. They ignore the illegal activity that was here in their favorite site, but go on to verbally go after other sites that are no different then CR. It is this hypocrisy thats killing me.

I've been using this following statement against people with negativity regarding only to my person as of late, and so far it's been working pretty good for me:

And now, to business at hand.

Although it's true that CR did once hosted illegitimate fansubs on the site, but those illegal contents hosted by CR were user submitted materials, meaning that the CR users put them there for their own purpose, while CR just played host by offering its bandwidth. This is all legal according to the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title II, The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act, aka section 512(http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/512.html):

Since CR as an OSP only provided the services of allowing CR users to submit materials, whether or not the materials themselves were legal and/or acceptable, was up to the CR users' own discretion. And most importantly, this is all done on the CR website server, and can cost a lot of money to support & maintain uploading and streaming speed of this magnitude. This is not the case for website like Baka-Wolf, however.

Using only a XDCC(eXtended Direct Client-to-Client) program that serves as a file sharing host, which only requires a decent computer with a high upstream bandwidth, Baka-Wolf is running a relatively much cheaper file sharing service outside of its main website.
Posted 1/7/09

DCJoeDog wrote:

I just want all the anime that is NOT licensed on the site to be taken off the index, that's all. I and I know others hate going to a show's page only to see a removed notice. This simple thing will go a LONG way to appeasing alot of the "whiners"

Although there's no videos on them, there are still user submitted contents like forum discussions and wall entries on those pages. Unless you don't count fan supports as part of the total CR experience, then you're out of luck.
Posted 1/7/09

lkmjr wrote:

God. Again, I'm so done with this. I really don't even understand what you're talking about. CR, as far as I know, IS only streaming licensed anime. Everything else is removed, unless you're counting the pages that weren't taken off when the videos were removed. I've checked in the other sections. A bunch of popular series were cut off and removed half way, but that's unavoidable. What did you expect, CR would wait until nothing was popular any more so no one would be disappointed?? That would sort of defeat the purpose, since CR was trying to help save the industry, which has been in a massive decline since fansubs became the major means of watching anime, without abandoning the users. A bunch of idiots are whining about how they can't pay for an anime membership, but geeze, even if you can't you can still watch anime for free. It's not like they're forcing you to pay. If people stick around and help support CR's sponsors, things are going to get better over time. Think about it: dozens of good shows in HD, with good subs, getting new anime eps hot off the Japanese TV screens, not having to worry about your favorite series being removed....

Oh, never mind. No one ever seems to listen to me anyway. Call me a radical, but at least I'm willing to hope that we'll get some good series and these positively crap subs will be slowly replaced over time. Anime fans are all about now, now and now, and never seem to be patient at all, which is probably half the reason so many people're giving up CR as a lost cause just because they're going to have to wait a while before the companies see us as a potential source of profit instead of a side experiment they are, quite frankly, doing a half-assed job at figuring out. No one's going to stick around if ll you have to throw at us are some Naruto Shippuden, a few other briefly popular series, and a whole bunch of crap. They obviously see at least some of the potential, since they're willing to bother at all, but the soft subs absolutely suck and they're giving us these crap-ball series that they seriously seem to think will be a hit. What, do they think fansub watchers can't tell a bad one from a good one?? At least we can tell crap like "Viewtiful Joe" from the good stuff and aren't idolizing these series just because they're Japanese. Look, point is, I have problems with the current situation too, but at least I'm mature enough to know whining about it isn't going to get you anywhere, as I've been saying over and over again. As I have also said repeatedly, if CR's down the toilet now, why are you even still sticking around?! Just clear out your account and move on to another site if you're so upset about it. Rave to someone else. We, to be quite honest, don't want to hear your immature whining. "Well I want this" and "I don't like that".... You all sound like my little brothers when something doesn't go their way. A bunch of Japan-obsessed four-year olds. Stop pouting and use your brains for once.

Rant over.

But you can always count on me listening to your opinion, as I've proven so time and again.

And yes, for CR users to understand something that they claim to care so much about will require them to be rational. But for those who just show up here and be irrational with their "I don't care" attitude, they will never understand the necessity of this CR revolution.
41 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/7/09

DawgsKitten wrote:


EpicRagnarok wrote:

First of all, I agree with the OP.

The anime industry suffers every time an individual downloads or watches a fandub/sub it hurts the industry. It doesn't matter if the material has been brought over or not, as long as you take it, its stealing. No physical item is needed to be taken, you can steal things that are untouchable. Stealing is wrong, no matter the cause or reason. Stealing anime or supporting a website that does so is not by any means moral. What do you stand for as a person if you knowingly steal and take? The industry loses money, because who would pay for something when they could get it for free right? Gennon died because of this, now licensed anime that people loved won't come back. Nothing new will come to America, it will appear that the demand for the product has diminished.

If we are going to do something, do it all the way. That means get rid of EVERYTHING. Removing something at the request of the distributer does NOT equal "legal" because many of the times the company isn't even aware of it being on a website. Seriously, do people really expect them to keep track of the whole internet? Its not possible. There will always be places to get it, but its harmful to the safety of what has been established. Also, just because a website is asking for donations doesn't mean its purchasing the anime. All it means is that they are keeping themselves afloat, which is extraordinarily hypocritical because they cry they need money to survive but STEAL money from the companies who do things legally. Also, what about the creators? "They are rich enough" is not an excuse, its taking from another man's pocket and putting it in your own. When you come down to it, creating the stuff is work and your taking profits by illegal viewing.

Bringing anime to any other country is very expensive and the companies need to profit or they will stop. Killing the industry is not helping your fandom.

Some people claim that they buy the stuff after watching it online, so that cancels out the thievery. Sorry, it doesn't. You will not buy everything, cannot afford to buy everything, and will only take what is desired most. Its still taking. CrunchyRoll should support morals and the anime industry, all the way. It has a great, affordable, anime membership for impatient people who have to see the episode instantly, and a free service otherwise. Advertisers help with profits, but CR needs to slowly rid itself of things not available.




Dear, you are not etting the concept of selling product. First of all, 80% of the anime that is on here is not in America, and probably never will be, and if some of it is it will be in ten years. So if their anime is only known in Japan, and no one in America knew about it. (Since most of the time people in Japan cannot view the videos) They would be losing more money than if they just watched the course of it online and saw how kids were liking it. And see all the promotion it is getting and how people order things from japan to have the merchandise from thier favorite anime.

It drives them to earn the funds to try to air it in America or to at least sell it here. Most websites will not let you watch things tha have been liscensed in the U.S.

So I don't see how it would be killing the industry if it is not available for sale anywhere but japan in the first place. However, when it is brought here and people still watch it online somehow--THAT is killing the industry.



So now international copyright law means nothing? You might not be harming the American industry but you hurt it in Japan then. If Japan hurts you're killing the source of your entertainment! Yes, there will always be plenty of Japanese people buying. Great. It doesn't make light of the fact that you are stealing, breaking copyright laws, and encouraging people over on your side of the world to take as well. This doesn't just apply to people in America, it applies to people everywhere. America is not the only place that steals, you know.

And as for there not being a lot of websites offering licensed anime online, give it time. The internet is still a new media outlet. People are experimenting and working out laws pertaining to distribution of internet TV viewing. Advertising is a problem, but eventually it will work itself out. Just because it is not available online doesn't give any person justification. Not to mention, you can always buy the DVD. Why do people "need" to watch it online? Because its easy to steal.

Posted 1/7/09

DomFortress wrote:


ok..you have yet to answer several points and this has been popping up so often I think your simply trying to hide behind legalise jargon.

1) You paid a donation and got access to HD quality shows.

No matter how you spin that..thats simply illegal. If you look at all these other sites asking for donations, you will see often they mark how much they got and often they go months with only getting a quarter of the amount they need. CR gets up to 75,000 usd a month..

Opteron 2216 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor for Dell PowerEdge SC1435 Server which is $846.00 from MSN shopper. Now I'm sure there are more expensive ones and I'm sure they can run into the thousands. But lets take that one as a base to work off shall we?

Even so..say CR decided to buy a awesome server for $100K. Alright in three years they made 75K a month thats 2,700,000. Thats 2 million Dom! 2 million dollars on just the subscription fees. Not to mention that other 5 million that raised. Are you actually defending that? Saying it's all legit? Or are you simply wearing rose colored glassed because this is your fav site? And their 'doing it right' by you.

I do not know how you reconcile that with blasting Bakawolf or any other streaming site.

Ah well..your right I think I was trolling..Thanks for pointing that out.Ah sorry. Truly

But I think we will disagree on this.

Posted 1/7/09

Batarang wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


ok..you have yet to answer several points and this has been popping up so often I think your simply trying to hide behind legalise jargon.

1) You paid a donation and got access to HD quality shows.

No matter how you spin that..thats simply illegal. If you look at all these other sites asking for donations, you will see often they mark how much they got and often they go months with only getting a quarter of the amount they need. CR gets up to 75,000 usd a month..

Opteron 2216 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor for Dell PowerEdge SC1435 Server which is $846.00 from MSN shopper. Now I'm sure there are more expensive ones and I'm sure they can run into the thousands. But lets take that one as a base to work off shall we?

Even so..say CR decided to buy a awesome server for $100K. Alright in three years they made 75K a month thats 2,700,000. Thats 2 million Dom! 2 million dollars on just the subscription fees. Not to mention that other 5 million that raised. Are you actually defending that? Saying it's all legit? Or are you simply wearing rose colored glassed because this is your fav site? And their 'doing it right' by you.

I do not know how you reconcile that with blasting Bakawolf or any other streaming site.

Ah well..your right I think I was trolling..Thanks for pointing that out.Ah sorry. Truly

But I think we will disagree on this.


However, CR did contribute back to the anime industry by licensing legitimate anime series with that capitals, even before the revolution. While still managing & supporting this site with all its features and services.

And the onetime hardware purchase fee isn't counting the whole picture, what about the monthly system access & bandwidth fees that CR has to pay each time to their ISP for the website, their business license, their rent, and since CR has full-time staffers working on maintaining and supporting the website, they need to get paid for their works. It's not some kind of amateur hobby like what Baka-Wolf's doing, what CR doing here is strict business.
Posted 1/7/09

DomFortress wrote:


Several things with what you said that just does not sit all the way right with me.

1) Using money made illegally to put back to benefit anime industry just smacks way too much of a innocent rose colored idealism. I do not believe there are any Robin Hoods left in todays day and age. But even if we were to say there were, it's still not right. It's still being illegal. You say one of your circle's members is a cop. He was cop before CR went legal too, and yet I bet he was here right? Bending the law is too vague. Especially when someone is supposed to be defending that law. CR isn't robin hood. To place them in that glorious position is in my opinion, like putting them on a pedestal of Heroism.

2) I agree with your second paragraph, and thats what my point was. There is no way your running a business with simple donations. And even if you were..Someone is making money. Someone was making money on illegally veiwed animation.



CR has full-time staffers working on maintaining and supporting the website


Thats someone getting paid for illegal anime. Our donations to view HD anime illegally uploaded and viewed without the express permission of the owners of said anime. Joe Shmoe paid his rent. His food. His child support..his entertainment and his brand new car off of the proceeds of illegal anime. How is that right?

179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / La
Offline
Posted 1/7/09
nice to know people are takeing action in this
1259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 1/7/09
Batarang, people like Dom will never see anything but the side he is trying ti suck up to, it's in his interest to be a mini-admin.

All I want is for CR to stop making it look like they have all these animes when in fact they don't. There is nothing to stop folks from talking about an anime on the forums, but saying that those pages are around just for fan support is dumb, the only reason anyone was talking and giving fan support is because we viewed the videos that used the be there. I'm not here to give theoretical support to a show, I want to see it and THEN talk about it. To say otherwise is just insulting everyone and a delusion to yourself.
2930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / city of sugar and...
Offline
Posted 1/7/09
wow..whining becomes so infamous this days...heroic acts is so, so popular.....wow....
Posted 1/7/09

DCJoeDog wrote:

Batarang, people like Dom will never see anything but the side he is trying ti suck up to, it's in his interest to be a mini-admin.

All I want is for CR to stop making it look like they have all these animes when in fact they don't. There is nothing to stop folks from talking about an anime on the forums, but saying that those pages are around just for fan support is dumb, the only reason anyone was talking and giving fan support is because we viewed the videos that used the be there. I'm not here to give theoretical support to a show, I want to see it and THEN talk about it. To say otherwise is just insulting everyone and a delusion to yourself.

And you call anime blog site like Random Curiosity(http://randomc.animeblogger.net/), with detailed review on the latest anime episodes, an insult to all anime fans and a delusion to their passion of anime subculture.
9269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/7/09 , edited 1/7/09

DomFortress wrote:


DCJoeDog wrote:

Batarang, people like Dom will never see anything but the side he is trying ti suck up to, it's in his interest to be a mini-admin.

All I want is for CR to stop making it look like they have all these animes when in fact they don't. There is nothing to stop folks from talking about an anime on the forums, but saying that those pages are around just for fan support is dumb, the only reason anyone was talking and giving fan support is because we viewed the videos that used the be there. I'm not here to give theoretical support to a show, I want to see it and THEN talk about it. To say otherwise is just insulting everyone and a delusion to yourself.

And you call anime blog site like Random Curiosity(http://randomc.animeblogger.net/), with detailed review on the latest anime episodes, an insult to all anime fans and a delusion to their passion of anime subculture.


I've been following this conversation with baited breath and personally leaning towards Dom's opinion. But I have no idea what you just meant by that. Could you explain/elaborate that?

(No need to tell me what RandomC is. I follow it. ^_^)
Posted 1/7/09

Batarang wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Several things with what you said that just does not sit all the way right with me.

1) Using money made illegally to put back to benefit anime industry just smacks way too much of a innocent rose colored idealism. I do not believe there are any Robin Hoods left in todays day and age. But even if we were to say there were, it's still not right. It's still being illegal. You say one of your circle's members is a cop. He was cop before CR went legal too, and yet I bet he was here right? Bending the law is too vague. Especially when someone is supposed to be defending that law. CR isn't robin hood. To place them in that glorious position is in my opinion, like putting them on a pedestal of Heroism.

2) I agree with your second paragraph, and thats what my point was. There is no way your running a business with simple donations. And even if you were..Someone is making money. Someone was making money on illegally veiwed animation.



CR has full-time staffers working on maintaining and supporting the website


Thats someone getting paid for illegal anime. Our donations to view HD anime illegally uploaded and viewed without the express permission of the owners of said anime. Joe Shmoe paid his rent. His food. His child support..his entertainment and his brand new car off of the proceeds of illegal anime. How is that right?


And it was all up to the users, who subscribed for the service and used it for their own purpose, to determine for themselves just what's ultimately right from wrong with their actions on the internet. They wanted the services in the first place, so they can gain access to both legal & illegal contents on the internet for their own purpose, and no OSP nor ISP had ever had a hand on any of those contents being on the internet in the frist place. So why accusing the OSP and ISP for something that's not their fault.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.