First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
[JDrama] My Sassy Girl
Posted 12/15/07

phillia wrote:

ugh, the idea of hollywood remaking any foreign movie automatically sends a shiver down my spine. what is the point? just do a western release of the film, or, here's an idea: come up with your own film to make money from! ¬¬


its becoming increasingly popular for america to be remaking films.
Let's be honest, there are some really damn interesting stories coming out of asian.

american movies that were originally asian:

The Lake House
The Departed
Pulse, The Grudge, Ringu


and LOL at ur post above mine, I'll stop stating the obvious already.
I think I made myself clear.

and IMDB doesn't endorse what those people are saying, but if u read majority
of the people on the thread CAN see it isn't.

thank you and gnite.
1967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Ohio
Offline
Posted 12/15/07
^ okay, whatever you say son.
Posted 12/15/07
lol @ son.

ok n00b.
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/07

to the final word:

yes i know all that, but of the remakes i've seen they don't compare to the originals. i mainly mean horror films here, the grude and ringu remakes jus weren't as scary, i mean i get scared every time i watch the japanese version of the ring but the hollywood version is just meh. and dark water was just terrible ( not the original was much to shout about anyway)

as for the departed, i was unwilling to hear about it at first, but when i found out about the insanly amazing cast list i was like 'woop!' mainly because i thought the infernal affairs could have been a bit better at times, and was slightly jumbled in places.

but generally remakes= bad

besides if the stories are intresting and the films are good as they are. why bother remaking them and just watch them subbed, it's not like watching a subtitled movie is the most trying of tasks.

i pretty much feel the same about unessecary remakes of old films as well ocean's eleven, the lady killers, psycho ( way to butcher a classic people)... the list goes on...
Posted 12/15/07

phillia wrote:


to the final word:

yes i know all that, but of the remakes i've seen they don't compare to the originals. i mainly mean horror films here, the grude and ringu remakes jus weren't as scary, i mean i get scared every time i watch the japanese version of the ring but the hollywood version is just meh. and dark water was just terrible ( not the original was much to shout about anyway)

as for the departed, i was unwilling to hear about it at first, but when i found out about the insanly amazing cast list i was like 'woop!' mainly because i thought the infernal affairs could have been a bit better at times, and was slightly jumbled in places.

but generally remakes= bad

besides if the stories are intresting and the films are good as they are. why bother remaking them and just watch them subbed, it's not like watching a subtitled movie is the most trying of tasks.

i pretty much feel the same about unessecary remakes of old films as well ocean's eleven, the lady killers, psycho ( way to butcher a classic people)... the list goes on...


no no totally I agree w/ you, i'm not into remakes myself.
but I am interested to see how the japanese pull of MSG
1967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Ohio
Offline
Posted 12/15/07

thefinalword wrote:

lol @ son.

ok n00b.


lol, your like continuing the arguement.
be a bigger and better person and leave it to be.
Posted 12/15/07
<3
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/07

thefinalword wrote:


phillia wrote:


to the final word:

yes i know all that, but of the remakes i've seen they don't compare to the originals. i mainly mean horror films here, the grude and ringu remakes jus weren't as scary, i mean i get scared every time i watch the japanese version of the ring but the hollywood version is just meh. and dark water was just terrible ( not the original was much to shout about anyway)

as for the departed, i was unwilling to hear about it at first, but when i found out about the insanly amazing cast list i was like 'woop!' mainly because i thought the infernal affairs could have been a bit better at times, and was slightly jumbled in places.

but generally remakes= bad

besides if the stories are intresting and the films are good as they are. why bother remaking them and just watch them subbed, it's not like watching a subtitled movie is the most trying of tasks.

i pretty much feel the same about unessecary remakes of old films as well ocean's eleven, the lady killers, psycho ( way to butcher a classic people)... the list goes on...


no no totally I agree w/ you, i'm not into remakes myself.
but I am interested to see how the japanese pull of MSG



haha actually me too, not because the film wasn't good enough, but solely cos the guy wasn't cute, how shallow of me... i wonder if it will be as laugh out loud funny though...
Posted 12/15/07

phillia wrote:


thefinalword wrote:


phillia wrote:


to the final word:

yes i know all that, but of the remakes i've seen they don't compare to the originals. i mainly mean horror films here, the grude and ringu remakes jus weren't as scary, i mean i get scared every time i watch the japanese version of the ring but the hollywood version is just meh. and dark water was just terrible ( not the original was much to shout about anyway)

as for the departed, i was unwilling to hear about it at first, but when i found out about the insanly amazing cast list i was like 'woop!' mainly because i thought the infernal affairs could have been a bit better at times, and was slightly jumbled in places.

but generally remakes= bad

besides if the stories are intresting and the films are good as they are. why bother remaking them and just watch them subbed, it's not like watching a subtitled movie is the most trying of tasks.

i pretty much feel the same about unessecary remakes of old films as well ocean's eleven, the lady killers, psycho ( way to butcher a classic people)... the list goes on...


no no totally I agree w/ you, i'm not into remakes myself.
but I am interested to see how the japanese pull of MSG



haha actually me too, not because the film wasn't good enough, but solely cos the guy wasn't cute, how shallow of me... i wonder if it will be as laugh out loud funny though...


I dunno know but 1/2 the girls I know say that guy was cute.
iono.. since he's a dood and all.

all i know is the korean girl is hot haha.
She was great in DAISY...
1967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Ohio
Offline
Posted 12/15/07
^ he has more charm/humar than being cute itself-so hes cute in that sense.
hes kind of like the adam sandler of korea since i watched almost all of adam sandler's movies, not that hes cute, but hes funny and have charm-and i watched all of cha taehyun's movies.
1352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/07
^ yeah, he was cute in that sense, but he wasn't cute enough for her cos she was so pretty. hardly anyone i know watches any korean cinema, but the few that do agree that his non-cute/ attractive-ness was the main problem with the movie.

you know when you see an odd couple and go why is 'HE/SHE with hiiiiim/ heerrr' he was really hilarious though. especially when being chased by his mum.

never heard of DAISY, i don't watch many dramas, i might look for it here, if it's any good.

15690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 12/16/07
I think it's great that Tsu is playing in the drama remake of My Sassy Girl. I loved the movie. Even though he's not that good looking, he's one great actor. Plus, Cha Tae-hyun wasn't that good looking either but he pulled of the role really well because of his acting skills. Though, agewise Kusanagi's a bit old. How old is his character in the drama supposed to be anyways?
625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / ENGLAND
Offline
Posted 12/18/07
really?
624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 12/23/07
i would rather watch windstruck than this movie
622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36
Offline
Posted 12/31/07
as always.........a remake will not be as good as original.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.