First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
do you think a women could drive a men into becomeing gay?
7045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / but the computers...
Offline
Posted 1/11/09

mcvf wrote:

Women can also drive men to improve their English.
Like yourself


So who do we bring you for punctuation?
7669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Look up.
Offline
Posted 1/11/09
Not if its me.
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Monotony
Offline
Posted 1/11/09
Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Monotony
Offline
Posted 1/11/09

EBKemanon wrote:


mcvf wrote:

Women can also drive men to improve their English.
Like yourself


So who do we bring you for punctuation?


OH, BURN'D!
7045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / but the computers...
Offline
Posted 1/11/09

Belle-Manon wrote:

Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.


You say that as though sexual orientation were a rigid, static thing incapable of shifting. But that would be foolish of you.
Posted 1/11/09
it depends. hehe.
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Monotony
Offline
Posted 1/11/09 , edited 1/11/09

EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:

Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.


You say that as though sexual orientation were a rigid, static thing incapable of shifting. But that would be foolish of you.


I think of most things as static and rigid. e ue;

I suppose sexuality could change, but when it's for real, it's not too common. It mostly bugged me that the situation presented seemed a little too much like a romantic comedy trailer.
7045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / but the computers...
Offline
Posted 1/11/09

Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:

Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.


You say that as though sexual orientation were a rigid, static thing incapable of shifting. But that would be foolish of you.


I think of most things as static and rigid. e ue;

I suppose sexuality could change, but when it's for real, it's not too common. It mostly bugged me that the situation you presented seemed a little too much like a romantic comedy trailer.


Well it's not like a sudden shift, you know, straight today gay tomorrow. But it does fluctuate over time. You may become more attracted to the same or opposite sex over time, and then maybe have that shift yet again. You have to understand that sexuality is not as black and white as you probably think it is (All heterosexual. All bisexual. All homosexual.). You've got to understand that things like the Kinsey scale, although basic and simplistic, give a more accurate picture of sexuality (and really it has far more degrees and shifts to it than that scale alludes to, but it's just meant to be a simple thing).

It's not an all or nothing concrete situation like you seem to think it is. You could be straight now and bisexual later, and it would have nothing to do with how "serious" you were about it. That's just the way sexuality is.
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Monotony
Offline
Posted 1/11/09

EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:

Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.


You say that as though sexual orientation were a rigid, static thing incapable of shifting. But that would be foolish of you.


I think of most things as static and rigid. e ue;

I suppose sexuality could change, but when it's for real, it's not too common. It mostly bugged me that the situation you presented seemed a little too much like a romantic comedy trailer.


Well it's not like a sudden shift, you know, straight today gay tomorrow. But it does fluctuate over time. You may become more attracted to the same or opposite sex over time, and then maybe have that shift yet again. You have to understand that sexuality is not as black and white as you probably think it is (All heterosexual. All bisexual. All homosexual.). You've got to understand that things like the Kinsey scale, although basic and simplistic, give a more accurate picture of sexuality (and really it has far more degrees and shifts to it than that scale alludes to, but it's just meant to be a simple thing).

It's not an all or nothing concrete situation like you seem to think it is. You could be straight now and bisexual later, and it would have nothing to do with how "serious" you were about it. That's just the way sexuality is.


(Well, dang man, now you go whipping out the college education on me. I'll try and keep up; but I'm sorry if I can't. >_o)
I was mostly trying to address the way a lot of people have kind of a concious descision and idea about their sexuality, y'know, some people do realize one day and think to themselves "Well, I'm gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever," and recognize it. And that's a lot different from people who are gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever and don't accept it directly. Or, on the other hand, people who proclaim to have a sexuality that's different from what their's is.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 1/11/09
...not for me
3549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76
Offline
Posted 1/11/09
No.
7045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / but the computers...
Offline
Posted 1/11/09 , edited 1/11/09

Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:

Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.


You say that as though sexual orientation were a rigid, static thing incapable of shifting. But that would be foolish of you.


I think of most things as static and rigid. e ue;

I suppose sexuality could change, but when it's for real, it's not too common. It mostly bugged me that the situation you presented seemed a little too much like a romantic comedy trailer.


Well it's not like a sudden shift, you know, straight today gay tomorrow. But it does fluctuate over time. You may become more attracted to the same or opposite sex over time, and then maybe have that shift yet again. You have to understand that sexuality is not as black and white as you probably think it is (All heterosexual. All bisexual. All homosexual.). You've got to understand that things like the Kinsey scale, although basic and simplistic, give a more accurate picture of sexuality (and really it has far more degrees and shifts to it than that scale alludes to, but it's just meant to be a simple thing).

It's not an all or nothing concrete situation like you seem to think it is. You could be straight now and bisexual later, and it would have nothing to do with how "serious" you were about it. That's just the way sexuality is.


(Well, dang man, now you go whipping out the college education on me. I'll try and keep up; but I'm sorry if I can't. >_o)
I was mostly trying to address the way a lot of people have kind of a concious descision and idea about their sexuality, y'know, some people do realize one day and think to themselves "Well, I'm gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever," and recognize it. And that's a lot different from people who are gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever and don't accept it directly. Or, on the other hand, people who proclaim to have a sexuality that's different from what their's is.


So your argument is that the idea of this thread is faulty based on the notion that were these men to at some point "realize" their homosexuality after these women, it is not because they were "turned" gay but because they always were but either did not realize it or actively denied it?

I can see your premise, but it's based on invalid assumptions. Sure, some people may never shift in their sexuality. Some people may remain entirely heterosexual or homosexual throughout their lives. But there exists in all of us the capacity to shift. It is not unbelievable that after a slate of horrendous encounters with women, a man who may have been say a one on the Kinsey scale could shift enough to at least try men and, finding success with them, gradually shift closer towards the bisexual or even homosexual side of the scale. While the original asker probably did not think it through at this level, their notion is not a laughable one but actually a plausible one.
Posted 1/11/09
Yes, did things such as hang around girly-blonde type of girls for extensive periods of time, and watch homosexual activity betwen male on a regular basis
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Monotony
Offline
Posted 1/11/09

EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:

Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.


You say that as though sexual orientation were a rigid, static thing incapable of shifting. But that would be foolish of you.


I think of most things as static and rigid. e ue;

I suppose sexuality could change, but when it's for real, it's not too common. It mostly bugged me that the situation you presented seemed a little too much like a romantic comedy trailer.


Well it's not like a sudden shift, you know, straight today gay tomorrow. But it does fluctuate over time. You may become more attracted to the same or opposite sex over time, and then maybe have that shift yet again. You have to understand that sexuality is not as black and white as you probably think it is (All heterosexual. All bisexual. All homosexual.). You've got to understand that things like the Kinsey scale, although basic and simplistic, give a more accurate picture of sexuality (and really it has far more degrees and shifts to it than that scale alludes to, but it's just meant to be a simple thing).

It's not an all or nothing concrete situation like you seem to think it is. You could be straight now and bisexual later, and it would have nothing to do with how "serious" you were about it. That's just the way sexuality is.


(Well, dang man, now you go whipping out the college education on me. I'll try and keep up; but I'm sorry if I can't. >_o)
I was mostly trying to address the way a lot of people have kind of a concious descision and idea about their sexuality, y'know, some people do realize one day and think to themselves "Well, I'm gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever," and recognize it. And that's a lot different from people who are gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever and don't accept it directly. Or, on the other hand, people who proclaim to have a sexuality that's different from what their's is.


So your argument is that the idea of this thread is faulty based on the notion that were these men to at some point "realize" their homosexuality after these women, it is not because they were "turned" gay but because they always were but either did not realize it or actively denied it?

I can see your premise, but it's based on invalid assumptions. Sure, some people may never shift in their sexuality. Some people may remain entirely heterosexual or homosexual throughout their lives. But their exists in all of us the capacity to shift. It is not unbelievable that after a slate of horrendous encounters with women, a man who may have been say a one on the Kinsey scale could shift enough to at least try men and, finding success with them, gradually shift closer towards the bisexual or even homosexual side of the scale. While the original asker probably did not think it through at this level, their notion is not a laughable one but actually a plausible one.

Well, I'm going to have to say you make a great argument, but like usual I've forgotten precisely where I was going with this.

Oh, if only you'd have let me have my couple minutes of douche-y internet fame. >_o
7045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / but the computers...
Offline
Posted 1/11/09

Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:


EBKemanon wrote:


Belle-Manon wrote:

Well, gee, since you're BORN gay, I'd have to say NO.

Thanks for furthering stupid, pointless and unfounded stereotypes for your own shallow amusement.


You say that as though sexual orientation were a rigid, static thing incapable of shifting. But that would be foolish of you.


I think of most things as static and rigid. e ue;

I suppose sexuality could change, but when it's for real, it's not too common. It mostly bugged me that the situation you presented seemed a little too much like a romantic comedy trailer.


Well it's not like a sudden shift, you know, straight today gay tomorrow. But it does fluctuate over time. You may become more attracted to the same or opposite sex over time, and then maybe have that shift yet again. You have to understand that sexuality is not as black and white as you probably think it is (All heterosexual. All bisexual. All homosexual.). You've got to understand that things like the Kinsey scale, although basic and simplistic, give a more accurate picture of sexuality (and really it has far more degrees and shifts to it than that scale alludes to, but it's just meant to be a simple thing).

It's not an all or nothing concrete situation like you seem to think it is. You could be straight now and bisexual later, and it would have nothing to do with how "serious" you were about it. That's just the way sexuality is.


(Well, dang man, now you go whipping out the college education on me. I'll try and keep up; but I'm sorry if I can't. >_o)
I was mostly trying to address the way a lot of people have kind of a concious descision and idea about their sexuality, y'know, some people do realize one day and think to themselves "Well, I'm gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever," and recognize it. And that's a lot different from people who are gay/straight/pan/bi/whatever and don't accept it directly. Or, on the other hand, people who proclaim to have a sexuality that's different from what their's is.


So your argument is that the idea of this thread is faulty based on the notion that were these men to at some point "realize" their homosexuality after these women, it is not because they were "turned" gay but because they always were but either did not realize it or actively denied it?

I can see your premise, but it's based on invalid assumptions. Sure, some people may never shift in their sexuality. Some people may remain entirely heterosexual or homosexual throughout their lives. But their exists in all of us the capacity to shift. It is not unbelievable that after a slate of horrendous encounters with women, a man who may have been say a one on the Kinsey scale could shift enough to at least try men and, finding success with them, gradually shift closer towards the bisexual or even homosexual side of the scale. While the original asker probably did not think it through at this level, their notion is not a laughable one but actually a plausible one.

Well, I'm going to have to say you make a great argument, but like usual I've forgotten precisely where I was going with this.

Oh, if only you'd have let me have my couple minutes of douche-y internet fame. >_o


Heh, sorry about that. Just can't stand by and watch somebody spread misinformation about human sexuality when it's already so poorly understood.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.