First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Yoichi Fujita to Stop Directing Gintama This Spring
Member
89420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/12/09 , edited 1/12/09
Director Yoichi Fujita revealed in an group interview with the staff and cast of the Gintama anime series that he will not be working on the series this spring.

Fujita did not indicate if another director will take his place, or if the Gintama anime will end.

Read more here
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-11/yoichi-fujita-to-stop-directing-gintama-this-spring
Member
546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / running away from...
Offline
Posted 1/12/09
nooooooo....... when will gintama "end" then?
Member
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/12/09

Takamatsu: This is the first time in a long while that I haven't been busy directing at the beginning of a new year, so I like to do something relaxing. After all, directing work has gotten so hectic. Well, how about you, Fujita-kun?

Fujita: For starters, I won't be working this spring, so I think I'll be going to the Hello Work office. ["Hello Work" is the euphemistic name for the Japanese government's employment service centers.]


Hopefully that's just a prank. I doubt that Fujita will be without a job cause the episodes up to 139 were good.
Member
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/12/09
Where do I get a list of former directors and how often they where changed?

Shinji TAKAMATSU was only director from episode 105 onwards
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=6593

Yoichi FUJITA from episode 100 onwards
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=51887

I never bothered looking up the director of an anime before and I doubt that Elizabeth ist Takamatsu.
Member
604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Adaven
Offline
Posted 1/12/09
Damn. If Gintama is ending, that would suck because there is still one unresolved issue: Takasugi's group is still running wild.

If Gintama is ending, it should at least resolve the issue.
Member
261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/09
Only the anime will end though, the manga will continue as long as Sorachi doesn't get bored. And as long as the manga continues, we can still hope for another Gintama season in the future.
Member
89420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Toronto, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

sindba-d wrote:


Takamatsu: This is the first time in a long while that I haven't been busy directing at the beginning of a new year, so I like to do something relaxing. After all, directing work has gotten so hectic. Well, how about you, Fujita-kun?

Fujita: For starters, I won't be working this spring, so I think I'll be going to the Hello Work office. ["Hello Work" is the euphemistic name for the Japanese government's employment service centers.]


Hopefully that's just a prank. I doubt that Fujita will be without a job cause the episodes up to 139 were good.


I hope so 2
Posted 1/16/09
ah ahh. We can see their frustrations, how they openly show it in gintama, always, how it`s not popular as one park and c gray man. argh, what`s up with otaku these days, what rotten taste.

could be true, in ep 138, when they show the preview for the yoshiwara arc, they mentioned it to be the `final chapter` if anyone can recall that.

firs time i actually wished for an anime to be popular. wow.
Member
185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / in my world...
Offline
Posted 1/16/09
I understand why it doesn't get the ratings it needs. I think it's because people don't seem willing give it a chance due to it's odd clash of space invaders and samurai's (Okay, truthfully, I was also skeptical at first because the concept really did sound strange, but after a few eps I found that the idea worked really well and was immediately hooked to the series - to the point that Ive watched several marathons of Gintama). Gintama, to me, is a masterpiece; every episode is bursting with humour (including the sad, scary and even serious ones) and although not every episode is action packed with fight scenes, the ones that are, however, are just simply awesome! I'm so glad I did venture to watch that first episode, otherwise I'd be missing out on something great. I honestly wish more people would have a bit more courage to watch something that is abit strange because they'll discover a top-class anime...plus the creators and directors wouldn't be as frustrated with the comparatively lower ratings that they're receiving as Parmesan said. Ah, my rant is over now (^.^).
Member
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/17/09 , edited 1/17/09

parmesan wrote:

ah ahh. We can see their frustrations, how they openly show it in gintama, always, how it`s not popular as one park and c gray man. argh, what`s up with otaku these days, what rotten taste.

could be true, in ep 138, when they show the preview for the yoshiwara arc, they mentioned it to be the `final chapter` if anyone can recall that.

firs time i actually wished for an anime to be popular. wow.


I thought Gintama was quite popular.

It's not as popular as naruto(57305 favorites) and bleach(46427) but has also it's 16915 fans on crunchyroll. If you take on account the amount of promotion for bleach and naruto(even in gintama) and that gintama started after both of them that's really good.

There is just not that much of an audience cause there was nearly no promotion. I stumbled over episode 28 by accident. Bleach is nearly two years and naruto four years older than gintama.
Member
18555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Pacific
Offline
Posted 1/17/09

kajanan wrote:

Director Yoichi Fujita revealed in an group interview with the staff and cast of the Gintama anime series that he will not be working on the series this spring.

Fujita did not indicate if another director will take his place, or if the Gintama anime will end.

Read more here
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-11/yoichi-fujita-to-stop-directing-gintama-this-spring


Forgive me for my stupidity, but what do directors do?
Posted 1/17/09

sindba-d wrote:


parmesan wrote:

ah ahh. We can see their frustrations, how they openly show it in gintama, always, how it`s not popular as one park and c gray man. argh, what`s up with otaku these days, what rotten taste.

could be true, in ep 138, when they show the preview for the yoshiwara arc, they mentioned it to be the `final chapter` if anyone can recall that.

firs time i actually wished for an anime to be popular. wow.


I thought Gintama was quite popular.

It's not as popular as naruto(57305 favorites) and bleach(46427) but has also it's 16915 fans on crunchyroll. If you take on account the amount of promotion for bleach and naruto(even in gintama) and that gintama started after both of them that's really good.

There is just not that much of an audience cause there was nearly no promotion. I stumbled over episode 28 by accident. Bleach is nearly two years and naruto four years older than gintama.


nah - i`m talking about Japan, not CR. plus us cr gintama fans [some of us] really try hard to make it the top and favourite/crunch everything they can kind of thing and kill people who rate it low.
Member
625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Hrvatska
Offline
Posted 1/17/09 , edited 1/17/09
NOOOOO!!!!!!I f Gintama ends world is going to be a one big sad, place of desperation. I can' t buy Gintama manga or anime DVDs in my country. My only place where I can see Gintama is crunchyroll...
I sincerely hope that they won't cancel the show.
Member
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 1/17/09

parmesan wrote:


sindba-d wrote:


parmesan wrote:

ah ahh. We can see their frustrations, how they openly show it in gintama, always, how it`s not popular as one park and c gray man. argh, what`s up with otaku these days, what rotten taste.

could be true, in ep 138, when they show the preview for the yoshiwara arc, they mentioned it to be the `final chapter` if anyone can recall that.

firs time i actually wished for an anime to be popular. wow.


I thought Gintama was quite popular.

It's not as popular as naruto(57305 favorites) and bleach(46427) but has also it's 16915 fans on crunchyroll. If you take on account the amount of promotion for bleach and naruto(even in gintama) and that gintama started after both of them that's really good.

There is just not that much of an audience cause there was nearly no promotion. I stumbled over episode 28 by accident. Bleach is nearly two years and naruto four years older than gintama.


nah - i`m talking about Japan, not CR. plus us cr gintama fans [some of us] really try hard to make it the top and favourite/crunch everything they can kind of thing and kill people who rate it low.


Well, Gintama ranked 6th in japan when they were choosing favorite anime of 2006. And it's probably still pretty popular, just anime staff are making fun of themselves with random stuff that's not even true. That "frustration" never seemed even a bit serious to me.

And 'final chapter' might have meant 'ultimate chapter' AFAIK.
Posted 1/18/09

Areinu wrote:


parmesan wrote:


sindba-d wrote:


parmesan wrote:

ah ahh. We can see their frustrations, how they openly show it in gintama, always, how it`s not popular as one park and c gray man. argh, what`s up with otaku these days, what rotten taste.

could be true, in ep 138, when they show the preview for the yoshiwara arc, they mentioned it to be the `final chapter` if anyone can recall that.

firs time i actually wished for an anime to be popular. wow.


I thought Gintama was quite popular.

It's not as popular as naruto(57305 favorites) and bleach(46427) but has also it's 16915 fans on crunchyroll. If you take on account the amount of promotion for bleach and naruto(even in gintama) and that gintama started after both of them that's really good.

There is just not that much of an audience cause there was nearly no promotion. I stumbled over episode 28 by accident. Bleach is nearly two years and naruto four years older than gintama.


nah - i`m talking about Japan, not CR. plus us cr gintama fans [some of us] really try hard to make it the top and favourite/crunch everything they can kind of thing and kill people who rate it low.


Well, Gintama ranked 6th in japan when they were choosing favorite anime of 2006. And it's probably still pretty popular, just anime staff are making fun of themselves with random stuff that's not even true. That "frustration" never seemed even a bit serious to me.

And 'final chapter' might have meant 'ultimate chapter' AFAIK.


afaik? excuse me but i`m still quite the noob here.
6th in Japan? i need a source for that - plus, if that`s so, why were they removed off prime time? plus, you`re just as bad as me assuming that they`re making fun of this whole thing, why would they complain about low TV ratings then? and - sure this thing isn`t a little biased? i mean i friggin love gintama over any other anime but i do admit it`s unpopular in Japan - at least from the unreliable information i hear and my judgement.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.