First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Teenage Sexism
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 8/21/12
What is the easiest way to say this....I LIKE being a woman and I LIKE being different. Yes I will cook and keep the house clean, I know women on average aren't as strong as men, and yes I am vulnerable and weak and I'll even go as far as to say that a woman can't do anything man can do. I will gladly accept all these things and gladly pass on the responsibility of having to pull out my own chair, open my own door, mow my own lawn, change my tire if it goes flat, and gladly take the only available seat in the waiting room while five or more men have to stand against the wall and wait. It's not that I'm incapable of changing my own tires, oil, or any other one of the task listed above it's just that...I'd rather not. I mean why argue that men and women are equal when they are obviously not? There not even apples and oranges because both of those are fruits, they are more like lawn chairs and baseballs. Why argue something meaningless and loss all those little things that your boyfriend, or any self respecting male around you is willing to do for you. Yes I will wash dishes any day rather than toil my delicate little self in the hot ass sun mowing grass.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 8/21/12
This kind of debate just makes me think it's lose-lose for both sides. In the wise words of Ne-yo:

Mad

She's staring at me, I'm sitting wondering what she's thinking
Nobody's talking, cause talking just turns into screaming
And now as I'm yelling over her, she's yelling over me
All that that means is neither of us are listening
And what's even worse, that we don't even remember why we're fighting

So both of us are mad for nothing (fighting for)
Nothing (crying for)
Nothing

When we won't let it go for nothing (come back for)
Nothing
It should be nothing
To a love like what we got oh baby

I know sometimes it's gonna rain
But baby can we make up now
Cause I can't sleep through the pain (can't sleep through the pain)
Girl I don't want to go to bed, mad at you
And I don't want you to go to bed, mad at me
No I don't want to go to bed mad at you
And I don't want you to go to bed, mad at me (oh noo)

And it gets me upset girl when you're constantly accusing
(asking questions like you already know)
We're fighting this war, but baby both of us are losing
(this ain't the way that love is supposed to go, what happened to working it out?)
We fall into this place where you ain't backing down, and I ain't backing down
So what the hell do we do now?
67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/22/12

crazyfirefly wrote:

What is the easiest way to say this....I LIKE being a woman and I LIKE being different. Yes I will cook and keep the house clean, I know women on average aren't as strong as men, and yes I am vulnerable and weak and I'll even go as far as to say that a woman can't do anything man can do. I will gladly accept all these things and gladly pass on the responsibility of having to pull out my own chair, open my own door, mow my own lawn, change my tire if it goes flat, and gladly take the only available seat in the waiting room while five or more men have to stand against the wall and wait. It's not that I'm incapable of changing my own tires, oil, or any other one of the task listed above it's just that...I'd rather not. I mean why argue that men and women are equal when they are obviously not? There not even apples and oranges because both of those are fruits, they are more like lawn chairs and baseballs. Why argue something meaningless and loss all those little things that your boyfriend, or any self respecting male around you is willing to do for you. Yes I will wash dishes any day rather than toil my delicate little self in the hot ass sun mowing grass.


Wow the feminists move LOVE you.

7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 8/22/12 , edited 8/22/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


crazyfirefly wrote:

What is the easiest way to say this....I LIKE being a woman and I LIKE being different. Yes I will cook and keep the house clean, I know women on average aren't as strong as men, and yes I am vulnerable and weak and I'll even go as far as to say that a woman can't do anything man can do. I will gladly accept all these things and gladly pass on the responsibility of having to pull out my own chair, open my own door, mow my own lawn, change my tire if it goes flat, and gladly take the only available seat in the waiting room while five or more men have to stand against the wall and wait. It's not that I'm incapable of changing my own tires, oil, or any other one of the task listed above it's just that...I'd rather not. I mean why argue that men and women are equal when they are obviously not? There not even apples and oranges because both of those are fruits, they are more like lawn chairs and baseballs. Why argue something meaningless and loss all those little things that your boyfriend, or any self respecting male around you is willing to do for you. Yes I will wash dishes any day rather than toil my delicate little self in the hot ass sun mowing grass.


Wow the feminists move LOVE you.



Yeah I'm a HUGE hit with feminist, I couldn't imagine why I wouldn't be.... . Also your comment on my first comment has made me notice all the grammatical errors I made in my original post...I'm fighting the urge to fix them.
4047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
not sharing my asl
Offline
Posted 8/22/12
At first I was like teenage sexism...?
But... Teenage feminism? Like on tumblr, right?
Posted 8/22/12
Feminists are all about equal rights until you ask them to mow the lawn! Then they want you to be a man! And I can't even get a sandwich for it! It's a cruel world we live in.
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 8/22/12 , edited 8/22/12
A woman doesn't need to be feminist to be equal. Feminist, again, is nothing more than the opposite sex male ego. Perhaps it wasn't like that when it was first created but today it is. Just like you can argue gay use to mean happy, but please join the rest of society in modern times and accept that it's original meaning has changed.
67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/22/12 , edited 8/22/12

crazyfirefly wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


crazyfirefly wrote:

What is the easiest way to say this....I LIKE being a woman and I LIKE being different. Yes I will cook and keep the house clean, I know women on average aren't as strong as men, and yes I am vulnerable and weak and I'll even go as far as to say that a woman can't do anything man can do. I will gladly accept all these things and gladly pass on the responsibility of having to pull out my own chair, open my own door, mow my own lawn, change my tire if it goes flat, and gladly take the only available seat in the waiting room while five or more men have to stand against the wall and wait. It's not that I'm incapable of changing my own tires, oil, or any other one of the task listed above it's just that...I'd rather not. I mean why argue that men and women are equal when they are obviously not? There not even apples and oranges because both of those are fruits, they are more like lawn chairs and baseballs. Why argue something meaningless and loss all those little things that your boyfriend, or any self respecting male around you is willing to do for you. Yes I will wash dishes any day rather than toil my delicate little self in the hot ass sun mowing grass.


Wow the feminists move LOVE you.



Yeah I'm a HUGE hit with feminist, I couldn't imagine why I wouldn't be.... . Also your comment on my first comment has made me notice all the grammatical errors I made in my original post...I'm fighting the urge to fix them.


Honestly? as long as it's comprehensible and 'you' and 'are' and 'four' are actually made with the necessary extra keystrokes. I'm unlikely to look down on you for things that might earn the teacher's red ( or editor's blue) pen in other venues. As I said before. I consider online forums to be relatively casual modes of expression (unless you're debating in the the extended discussion section). Strict adherence to Funk and Wagnels is not necessary. In my not so humble opinion anyway.

67723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/22/12

LynnTerra wrote:

A woman doesn't need to be feminist to be equal. Feminist, again, is nothing more than the opposite sex male ego. Perhaps it wasn't like that when it was first created but today it is. Just like you can argue gay use to mean happy, but please join the rest of society in modern times and accept that it's original meaning has changed.


I disagree. Feminism is movement not an attitude. Perhaps today a female doesn't have to be a feminist to be equal. But I doubt we'd be here without their pressure. Do I consider myself a feminist? No, at best I'm a sometimes ally when my attitude as a humanist coincides with a particular feminist goal or cause. Do I agree with them always or believe they are always right. Hell no, that should be obvious from my previous posts. Do I think they are more complex and more valuable than your dismissive and simplistic categorization as egoists? You betcha!

13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 8/22/12
It seems feminists are being asked to defend themselves against the accusation that their real attitude is not one which demands equality, but one which seeks imbalanced entitlement.

I can't help but analyze this two ways, but skipping the reductionist argument, it's likely this accusatory viewpoint evolved entirely as a result of men interpreting the situation through the lens of sexual-selection.

Since men inherently recognize the danger in a reduced demand for their presence, they have little choice but to subconsciously recoil in horror at the prospects of an even more challenging mating arena. It has all the telltale signs of a cognitive illusion. In all probability feminists really do just want equality, but the brain understands it to be a request for something more.
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 8/22/12 , edited 8/22/12
When you deal with some and all they do is look down on the opposite sex and claim they are having said illusions, I can't help but ask which is honestly more delusional in the debate on that.

Equality, all for it. Looking down on the opposite sex, be it male or female, stupid and ignorant... on both sides.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 8/22/12

karmacide wrote:

Feminists are all about equal rights until you ask them to mow the lawn! Then they want you to be a man! And I can't even get a sandwich for it! It's a cruel world we live in.


I, for one, find exchanging a sandwich for a mowed lawn to be more than a fair trade.

Although in this gender economy, usually I'll barter:

mowing the lawn + changing the motor oil + taking out the garbage

for

sandwich + 1 beer + sexual favors + 30 minutes to watch ESPN

19491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/22/12

Winterfells wrote:


karmacide wrote:

Feminists are all about equal rights until you ask them to mow the lawn! Then they want you to be a man! And I can't even get a sandwich for it! It's a cruel world we live in.


I, for one, find exchanging a sandwich for a mowed lawn to be more than a fair trade.

Although in this gender economy, usually I'll barter:

mowing the lawn + changing the motor oil + taking out the garbage

for

sandwich + 1 beer + sexual favors + 30 minutes to watch ESPN



This comment is such win.
969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Up on the rooftop...
Offline
Posted 8/22/12
How very interesting. The world is not perfect and we are just reaching a nice stability on equality. Both sexes are at fault and both are stubborn either way. Without TRUE feminism, there would be more abuse, more insults and the world would lack intelligence as it is if both did not step back one step and let the other pass. Imagine a female being the pope? That would be quite the story or any high rank in the religion community for that matter. In any case it is disgusting to read, hear or see anything to have to do with people insulting or degrading the other with unnecessary comments such as "Get back in the kitchen!" or "Make me a sandwich" etc etc I'd rather they kept it in their brains because those types jokes are not that funny. Though I agree that everyone and anybody can be sexist if they choose to be and do terrible things to hurt others. Nobody is perfect in this regard even if they try to be.

(ahaha sorry if I'm all over the place but you know what I mean)
Posted 8/22/12 , edited 8/22/12

Winterfells wrote:


karmacide wrote:

Feminists are all about equal rights until you ask them to mow the lawn! Then they want you to be a man! And I can't even get a sandwich for it! It's a cruel world we live in.


I, for one, find exchanging a sandwich for a mowed lawn to be more than a fair trade.

Although in this gender economy, usually I'll barter:

mowing the lawn + changing the motor oil + taking out the garbage

for

sandwich + 1 beer + sexual favors + 30 minutes to watch ESPN



^- Suggesting that women care about changing the oil.

Edit:

Disclaimer: This is a joke, not to be taken seriously. I don't give a fuck if it's not politically correct.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.