First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Teenage Sexism
2102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Harem world... Wh...
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

Winterfells wrote:
I know what you mean, especially living in Seattle, one of the most liberal cities in the United States, I've met my fair share of feminists. Some ARE on the extreme side and have a negative image of most men because of their own personal experiences. However, for the most part, I found that feminists just want to be treated equally, not better.

They want to be able to have the same access (fair) to jobs they are qualified for and receive the same salary as their male counterparts. They want to be able to have the same access to educational opportunities as well as research. They want to get rid of unfair social stigmas associated with women, that men don't have to deal with. I can perfectly sympathize with that, although being a guy I will never fully understand what it's like.

Comparing a true feminist with a sexist isn't a fair association. Neither is comparing a socialist with a communist, etc.


Q ^ Q Omg I love you.


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

That would be great if the line you describe was actually adhered to. unfortunately the women you separate out as sexist, do not self describe themselves as sexist.

and frankly rather than feminist which can argued to be just much an exclusive term as I've hear policeman or man-hole argued to be, I prefer Humanist. until some of our fanciful sci fi stuff comes true, Humanist covers all people. whereas feminist, I'm sorry, clearly excludes those of us with an XY chromosome.



Do I care about how they define themselves? No, because they are not true feminists, they are SEXISTS. Like I said several times, those who hate men/think women to be above men are sexists. There is, for the most part, a clear cut difference, and I will not repeat myself again if you still do not understand that fact.

I'm sorry, what? Feminism's aim isn't to exclude ANYONE from receiving just as equal treatment as white, male, heterosexuals. "Feminism", AGAIN, refers to the belief of wanting women to have the same equal rights as men. I think you're just arguing the semantics now, which isn't what the discussion is about in the first place. o__________o
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
okay whatever. Didn't mean to provoke you. I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree about the nature of many so called feminists and about the exclusivity of the term. ciao
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
is it sexist to tell my best friend to get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich?




Seriously though people need to chill out. It's like in Junior High when everyone was making Hitler jokes and wearing those stupid mustaches.
13149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂╰⋃╯
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Which asked why people thought ONLY white males could be guilty of racism or sexism.
well, there's your answer ^

67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

FlyinDumpling wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

Which asked why people thought ONLY white males could be guilty of racism or sexism.
well, there's your answer ^



Why do I feel like I'm talking to program that's failed it's turing test? Have a nice day.

13149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂╰⋃╯
Offline
Posted 8/17/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote

Why do I feel like I'm talking to program that's failed it's turing test? Have a nice day.
Haha old man got jokes. Look, the question was there and I answered it, you want more specifics then fine

Reason 1 - because males have been holding most of all the higher positions, people think that they are some how better, and thus they are obligated to take care of everyone else and to address what's best for them, thus people believe only men are responsible for sexism since they seem to be setting up the standards for what is best for women and men

Reason 2 - White male because it's seen as the superior race and extremely privileged, not having to endure (as much) as the minorities with racism, therefore people think they are more likely to commit acts of racism.

The only reason why females and minorities are being targeted as being the only victims is because of the above and since it's just so common

The truth is, no body with a proper head over their shoulder believes that ONLY white males are responsible for racism and sexism, if they do truly believe that then they are just stupid or extremely spiteful and racist/sexist themselves.



111630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
Men and women are different, but equal. Not equal when you start nitpicking details of course but overall, in what each has to offer.
36233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/12
Does this really occur in the current generation of kids? I mean it occurs but how much? I dont think it is a big issue. Everyone is equal and if not then deal with the issue
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

FlyinDumpling wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote

Why do I feel like I'm talking to program that's failed it's turing test? Have a nice day.
Haha old man got jokes. Look, the question was there and I answered it, you want more specifics then fine

Reason 1 - because males have been holding most of all the higher positions, people think that they are some how better, and thus they are obligated to take care of everyone else and to address what's best for them, thus people believe only men are responsible for sexism since they seem to be setting up the standards for what is best for women and men

Reason 2 - White male because it's seen as the superior race and extremely privileged, not having to endure (as much) as the minorities with racism, therefore people think they are more likely to commit acts of racism.

The only reason why females and minorities are being targeted as being the only victims is because of the above and since it's just so common

The truth is, no body with a proper head over their shoulder believes that ONLY white males are responsible for racism and sexism, if they do truly believe that then they are just stupid or extremely spiteful and racist/sexist themselves.





Unfortunately I witness people without a proper head on their shoulders about me every day. heck I have my moments myself, if my biochemistry (which due to metabolic illness is partially under manual control) is off, or even if I'm just having a bad day and trying to slog through on autopilot. But yes I've met Black folk, who think they aren't being racist when they talk about there being too many Indians in a given part of my town. As a male, I'm a minority in my workplace and have heard many casual comments made that I consider sexist about men. An honour roll nurse, whose most common accolade is that I have 'a good heart', it is however constantly assumed that I'm most useful as a replacement for broken lifting equipment or intimidating unruly clients.

There are a lot of people out there who don't have a 'proper head on their shoulders'
toxxin 
38159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / In my own little...
Offline
Posted 8/20/12
Well I personally think you're all filthy humans. Not a single filthy human is any better than any other filthy human.
6186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/20/12
837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Portland
Offline
Posted 8/20/12 , edited 8/20/12
lol sexism isn't a phase. if it was, then please explain all the middle age and over perverts out there who demean women on a daily basis? is it just their hormones? tender young confusion?

even if it was just a phase, it's still not a phase someone should be allowed to go through without being criticized. that's like saying it's okay to go through a phase where you're racist. like no, that's not okay, and that'll never be okay. maybe your hormones are just going crazy, but it doesn't excuse your biggotry. you have to tell the person that they're being an asshole, no exceptions. you can't just be a huge jerk and justify it because you're a teenager. being a teenager isn't a free pass to being a shithead. not when you're oppressing other people.

no we are not paranoid
no we are not manhaters
no we are not worrying too much
no we are not taking it too seriously :3
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

lippedlove wrote:

lol sexism isn't a phase. if it was, then please explain all the middle age and over perverts out there who demean women on a daily basis? is it just their hormones? tender young confusion?

even if it was just a phase, it's still not a phase someone should be allowed to go through without being criticized. that's like saying it's okay to go through a phase where you're racist. like no, that's not okay, and that'll never be okay. maybe your hormones are just going crazy, but it doesn't excuse your biggotry. you have to tell the person that they're being an asshole, no exceptions. you can't just be a huge jerk and justify it because you're a teenager. being a teenager isn't a free pass to being a shithead. not when you're oppressing other people.

no we are not paranoid
no we are not manhaters
no we are not worrying too much
no we are not taking it too seriously :3


And no, it's not just males who are sexist.

837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Portland
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


lippedlove wrote:

lol sexism isn't a phase. if it was, then please explain all the middle age and over perverts out there who demean women on a daily basis? is it just their hormones? tender young confusion?

even if it was just a phase, it's still not a phase someone should be allowed to go through without being criticized. that's like saying it's okay to go through a phase where you're racist. like no, that's not okay, and that'll never be okay. maybe your hormones are just going crazy, but it doesn't excuse your biggotry. you have to tell the person that they're being an asshole, no exceptions. you can't just be a huge jerk and justify it because you're a teenager. being a teenager isn't a free pass to being a shithead. not when you're oppressing other people.

no we are not paranoid
no we are not manhaters
no we are not worrying too much
no we are not taking it too seriously :3


And no, it's not just males who are sexist.



i didn't say that they were.
67903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 8/20/12

lippedlove wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


lippedlove wrote:

lol sexism isn't a phase. if it was, then please explain all the middle age and over perverts out there who demean women on a daily basis? is it just their hormones? tender young confusion?

even if it was just a phase, it's still not a phase someone should be allowed to go through without being criticized. that's like saying it's okay to go through a phase where you're racist. like no, that's not okay, and that'll never be okay. maybe your hormones are just going crazy, but it doesn't excuse your biggotry. you have to tell the person that they're being an asshole, no exceptions. you can't just be a huge jerk and justify it because you're a teenager. being a teenager isn't a free pass to being a shithead. not when you're oppressing other people.

no we are not paranoid
no we are not manhaters
no we are not worrying too much
no we are not taking it too seriously :3


And no, it's not just males who are sexist.



i didn't say that they were.


No but your word choices implied it. you use a lot of pronouns, whenever you specifically refer to a gender it's always females as the victims of males. and your little cant at the end again implies that 'we' are all female through word choices such as 'manhater'

but perhaps I'm worrying too much.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.