First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Anime that Appeals to Lolicons
3834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / somewhere here
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

holy_may wrote:



Nuff Said


owned.,
574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Newfoundland
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
Because of that .gif, I feel compelled to watch Kodomo no Jikan now. If animators can get away with something like that, it must be pretty intense.
Anyien 
70012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

Gaia93 wrote:

Shugo Chara
Lucky Star (high school students who for some reason look like 10 year old children)
Papa to kiss in the dark (or something like that)

I think those would be consider as loli or the last one shotacon. The people that watch that stuff come up with the excuse that, "It's a cartoon, it's not child porn," when in actuality anything that involves underaged children doing sexual acts or wearing obscene clothing, cartoon or real life, is wrong.


It can only be called Child Porn IF a child have been used. Since drawings is not real, no child have ever been used in the making of any loli shows, Manga´s or images. So to use that description on them is wrong.

And how can you tell the age on a Anime character? Unless it is mentioned in the Anime, Manga, description or the creators themself it is impossible to know the real age of a character. And even if the description mention a age you can´t actually know if that is right before you have see the Anime/read the Manga.


Gaia93 wrote:

There is also an artical on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolicon


To use that as a reference is rather stupid almost all articles on Wiki can be edited by everyone that have a account there. So it´s easy for people like you to edit it to something you like.


DomFortress wrote:

You need to understand that explicit content in anime are targeted to a specific niche audiences, because only those particular audiences will find those explicit content to be entertaining. This is how unhealthy and competitive the anime market is getting in Japan.

So unless we can guide the anime industry to work towards a wider international market with a wider audiences, the situation can only get worst.


So now you are blaming KnJ for the companies "struggle"?

Come on Dom, open your eyes a little, shows like KnJ is rarely ever made, and even when they are made the companies also sends out 10 or 20 other shows the same year. The only reason they so "poorly" is because they haven´t understood the importance of the internet as a medium to reach out to people (or maybe they just don´t care).

If they had tried to use the internet as a method to reach out to the wold sooner they wouldn't be where they are today.

And even now that they do they still make huge mistakes that will only drive people longer away from them and right in the hands of the fansubbers. They could get really far if they only had removed the Region Lock from their shows, as long as they are on people will always go to the fansubbers.

The same goes for the "1 week and advertisement" they have, advertisements is ok, but letting people wait 1 week to get a episode with lower resolution and advertisement will only drive them to the fansubbers again.

What will really kill them in the end is not fansubs, but their greed and outdated policies.


MDOTA19922 wrote:

Lolicon in anime or RL?

in anime, i'm still fine but RL is totally out of question...


Since the Western World already have a a word for the real thing, lolicon only refers to drawings.
1652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

Mr_Irritable wrote:

It's a dodgy subject, and it's something that crosses a lot of fans minds at least once at some point or another. I'm talking about lolicon (and it's less-prevalent counterpart, shotacon). From time to time, you may notice a younger-looking character in an outfit that someone who looks their age probably shouldn't be wearing. Now it isn't uncommon to see anime characters in outfits that most conventional people would wear, but what happens when a young girl (or boy as the case may be sometimes) is wearing such an outfit? Japan is much more lenient with this kind of material than the US or Canada would be, so it leaves me wondering...

Are the situations of what appears to be subtle fanservice for lolicons intentional? You see, anime isn't natural. Someone has to design it and draw it. The characters obviously aren't real people, and it's up to the artists to decide what they make their characters wear, or how they make them act. I believe it just might be, but in other situations, it's possible a younger character may have been accidentally designed to appeal to such an audience.

I'm curious. What do the rest of you think about it? What do you think of the people who enjoy it? What about the people who make it and sell it? There's obviously money to be made in it, so it isn't as uncommon as many people would like to think.


cool i play L4D also
44654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / My own little wor...
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

Mr_Irritable wrote:

Because of that .gif, I feel compelled to watch Kodomo no Jikan now. If animators can get away with something like that, it must be pretty intense.


only in the DVD version....



lolicon girls always give me a much diffrent vibe than real life little girls... though I do know that children are becoming knowledgeable about sex and whatnot at a younger and younger age these days.
668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
Its for ppl who like children in this sort of way to let out there sexual frustration and letting it out on a drawing of a anime character is better than letting it on a real child..........Think in ten years ur child might be saved by lolicon anime.....God Bless Japan



LOL im just joking with u guys plz dont send me hate threats lololol
Posted 1/18/09

Anyien wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

You need to understand that explicit content in anime are targeted to a specific niche audiences, because only those particular audiences will find those explicit content to be entertaining. This is how unhealthy and competitive the anime market is getting in Japan.

So unless we can guide the anime industry to work towards a wider international market with a wider audiences, the situation can only get worst.


So now you are blaming KnJ for the companies "struggle"?

Come on Dom, open your eyes a little, shows like KnJ is rarely ever made, and even when they are made the companies also sends out 10 or 20 other shows the same year. The only reason they so "poorly" is because they haven´t understood the importance of the internet as a medium to reach out to people (or maybe they just don´t care).

If they had tried to use the internet as a method to reach out to the wold sooner they wouldn't be where they are today.

And even now that they do they still make huge mistakes that will only drive people longer away from them and right in the hands of the fansubbers. They could get really far if they only had removed the Region Lock from their shows, as long as they are on people will always go to the fansubbers.

The same goes for the "1 week and advertisement" they have, advertisements is ok, but letting people wait 1 week to get a episode with lower resolution and advertisement will only drive them to the fansubbers again.

What will really kill them in the end is not fansubs, but their greed and outdated policies.

What do you know about the fundamental wisdom in business, "supply and demand"?

Up until CR presented to the anime industry that there is a demand for anime streaming on the internet, and they can profit by legalizing the online supply, just what had the internet fansub groups been doing besides their copyright infringing actions?

Also, due to supply and demand, anime industry had to be forced to supply a niche and unhealthy audiences' demand, by make anime title like KnJ. In order to survive the illegal competition from the internet fansub groups.
2227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / The research lab
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

Mr_Irritable wrote:

It's a dodgy subject, and it's something that crosses a lot of fans minds at least once at some point or another. I'm talking about lolicon (and it's less-prevalent counterpart, shotacon). From time to time, you may notice a younger-looking character in an outfit that someone who looks their age probably shouldn't be wearing. Now it isn't uncommon to see anime characters in outfits that most conventional people would wear, but what happens when a young girl (or boy as the case may be sometimes) is wearing such an outfit? Japan is much more lenient with this kind of material than the US or Canada would be, so it leaves me wondering...

Are the situations of what appears to be subtle fanservice for lolicons intentional? You see, anime isn't natural. Someone has to design it and draw it. The characters obviously aren't real people, and it's up to the artists to decide what they make their characters wear, or how they make them act. I believe it just might be, but in other situations, it's possible a younger character may have been accidentally designed to appeal to such an audience.

I'm curious. What do the rest of you think about it? What do you think of the people who enjoy it? What about the people who make it and sell it? There's obviously money to be made in it, so it isn't as uncommon as many people would like to think.


Well, if it's the "just cute" stuff like Clannad, shouldn't be any problem. The child porn stuff makes us Anime enthusiasts look REAL BAD! There has already been lots of posts on this controversial topic.

I see the usual suspects answering your post here, and trying hard to not look like pedophiles. They know who they are.
2227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / The research lab
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

Gaia93 wrote:

Shugo Chara
Lucky Star (high school students who for some reason look like 10 year old children)
Papa to kiss in the dark (or something like that)

I think those would be concider as loli or the last one shotacon. The people that watch that stuff come up with the excuse that, "It's a cartoon, it's not child porn," when in actuality anything that involves underaged children doing sexual acts or wearing obscene clothing, cartoon or real life, is wrong.

There is also an artical on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolicon


Nicely put.
55520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 風の山
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

holy_may wrote:



Nuff Said


im just discusted
7991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / L.A.
Offline
Posted 1/18/09 , edited 1/18/09
lol it reminds me of bleach~~

hitsugaya toshiro~ XD he's cool~

;x somehow i think i must have a bit of shotacon in me~
Posted 1/18/09

wolfsaiga wrote:


holy_may wrote:



Nuff Said


im just discusted


I know where that came from It's called Kodomo no Jikan

There's an artical about it on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodomo_no_Jikan
Posted 1/18/09

wolfsaiga wrote:


holy_may wrote:



Nuff Said


im just discusted

I'm glad that you see my point.
1126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / try google earth
Offline
Posted 1/19/09 , edited 1/19/09
lolicon is just another word for pediphile, a type of Paraphilia
Paraphilias: a sexual disorder in which the person's preferred method of sexual arousal and fulfillment is through sexual behavior that is unusual or socially unacceptable
Paraphilias called PEDOPHILIA: deriving sexual arousal and pleasure from touching or having sexual relations with prepubescent (non-sexually mature) children or fantasizing about such contact
Pedophile: A person who has recurring sexual thoughts fantasies, or engages in sexual actions toward prepubescent children

you learn this type of stuff in psyc
4289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/19/09 , edited 1/19/09
lol... now u got me thinking, why the hell did i watch kodomo no jikan...
AND Ive got an answer:
I watched it for the story. It was a pretty good story imho. Maybe the DVD edition is a bit out there.

And yes i do think they're intentional. If you've seen the most recent ep of To-aru majutsu, you'll see what i mean.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.