First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Being a manga-artist, can it get you alot of $$?
1036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
I'm wondering if being a manga-artist will get you alot of $$?
Kamio Youko wrote Hana Yori Dango and it turned to be a drama for 3 languages.
(Meteor Garden, Hana Yori Dango, Boys Over Flowers)
Is she rich? LOL
Coz' i'm dreaming to be one. Lols~
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
Well, that's actually being an artist and author.
But yes, a very, very small amount of mangaka probably smoke a few dollar bills.
Most seem to only just get by, or worse.

It's the same with authors anywhere in the world though I guess.
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
OP is more likely to be a 13 year old kid who wants to draw anime and thinks that he can actually make it there.
853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
You dont get a lot of money if you dont make a big hit manga.
37840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
dont think its much depends if its going to be popular i blame naruto and his silly believe it for making people buy his stupid manga
1036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

TriPad wrote:

OP is more likely to be a 13 year old kid who wants to draw anime and thinks that he can actually make it there.


Who's OP?
6906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
depends on your manga
and its alot of work
mostly needs assistants
to finish a volume

this will be my future job lol
Posted 1/14/09 , edited 1/14/09
I would suggest you OP to read Bakuman. [manga about hardships of mangakas]
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

japrock97 wrote:


TriPad wrote:

OP is more likely to be a 13 year old kid who wants to draw anime and thinks that he can actually make it there.


Who's OP?


You OP. From my own opinion, I can tell that ppl who watch anime tends to aim for these kind of things, either they are childish or they're just those things you have to work hard for. I once thought of this but I realized that being someone who does this things isn't exactly my type. If you're just being an immature kid who thinks that he's going to make it there then I suggest you don't make a shitty thread about it, most ppl will boast and post shit about themselves.

inb4drawfags
To all those self proclaimed drawing fucks, FUCK YOU. This is about the job, don't you dare go on that topic you fucking assholes. In fact, just shut the fuck up, no one needs a high headed faggot claiming that he's going to be making those animu shit with his fucked up drawing he keeps posting cause he's too proud of himself.
1036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

TriPad wrote:


japrock97 wrote:


TriPad wrote:

OP is more likely to be a 13 year old kid who wants to draw anime and thinks that he can actually make it there.


Who's OP?


You OP. From my own opinion, I can tell that ppl who watch anime tends to aim for these kind of things, either they are childish or they're just those things you have to work hard for. I once thought of this but I realized that being someone who does this things isn't exactly my type. If you're just being an immature kid who thinks that he's going to make it there then I suggest you don't make a shitty thread about it, most ppl will boast and post shit about themselves.

inb4drawfags
To all those self proclaimed drawing fucks, FUCK YOU. This is about the job, don't you dare go on that topic you fucking assholes. In fact, just shut the fuck up, no one needs a high headed faggot claiming that he's going to be making those animu shit with his fucked up drawing he keeps posting cause he's too proud of himself.


Er... I dont understand the second part and i'm a girl not a boy.
5136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Weird World
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
If it's really popular, then, maybe yes....= =
5572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~♫Somewhere♪~
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

eeniemeeniemiamo wrote:

You don't get a lot of money if you don't make a big hit manga.


Stinking True.
15762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/09

japrock97 wrote:


TriPad wrote:


japrock97 wrote:


TriPad wrote:

OP is more likely to be a 13 year old kid who wants to draw anime and thinks that he can actually make it there.


Who's OP?


You OP. From my own opinion, I can tell that ppl who watch anime tends to aim for these kind of things, either they are childish or they're just those things you have to work hard for. I once thought of this but I realized that being someone who does this things isn't exactly my type. If you're just being an immature kid who thinks that he's going to make it there then I suggest you don't make a shitty thread about it, most ppl will boast and post shit about themselves.

inb4drawfags
To all those self proclaimed drawing fucks, FUCK YOU. This is about the job, don't you dare go on that topic you fucking assholes. In fact, just shut the fuck up, no one needs a high headed faggot claiming that he's going to be making those animu shit with his fucked up drawing he keeps posting cause he's too proud of himself.


Er... I dont understand the second part and i'm a girl not a boy.


You don't have to understand, it's for ppl who purposely post some of their drawings here to prove that they are capable to make it there whilst in reality, it's just a child's daydream.
1036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
oh.
3275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
ofc manga-artist can make money
but if u make manga to make money its unlikely
2414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 1/14/09
i'm sure there are nicer jobs than just sitting around and drawing stuff
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.