First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply How You Became A Fan!
Member
1077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / London
Offline
Posted 4/10/09 , edited 4/10/09
OK *take deep breath* this is how I became a fan.......

It all started with Sunsuke Nagasaki & Ninja Warrior!!! I have 4 bro & no sisters ***well I had 1 sister, but she was special needs with autism & couldn't talk. She passed away on her B'day, 2nd Nov. Even though she was autistic, she liked the music I played, she listended to DBSK on my ipod a week b4 she passed away, so I regret that I couldn't converse/interact with her while she was alive***.
So therefore, coz of my bros, was always into anime (dragonball, naruto, bleach, streetfighter etc) & action movies (Chow Yan Fat, Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan movies etc).

So no surprise that I like Ninja Warrior (& the VERY FINE Shunsuke Nagasaki & his lil bro LOL). It all started late 2007 when I realised that UK was FAR behind in showing latest Ninja Warrior ( had SUCH a crush on Shunsuke Nagasaki), so decided to DL Ninja Warrior on mininova (as its copyrighted & therefore NOT showing on YT!!). But it wasn't subbed, it was ALL in Japanese!!!

Thats when I decided to learn Japanese (I really want to know what Nagasaki was saying)!!!! I bought loads of books, CD's as well as enrolling in japanese class & decided to watch more Japanese shows as well as my animes to increase my knowledge of the language. Coz I wasn't familiar with Jdrama's I looked up the most popular jdrama & @ the time it was HYD.

Luved Matsumoto Jun. Went on to look @ wat else he was in. Watched Gokusen 1,2,3 (thats when I found out about JE boybands & KATTUN). At the same time watched all the shows that Matsujun, Kattun where in (including Cartoon Kattun). 2 of the chat shows they where in was Heyx3 & Utaban.

While I was watching these shows, I saw the one 1 where DBSK was with Koda Kumi & luved them on Utaban, where they did an acapella of Towani (I hav that vid on my YT account now LOL). Also saw them on Heyx3. But didn't really become a fan of them then (even though I saw Doushite on YT & fell for the song). That was until I saw them sing Rising Sun @ a-nation 2006. Woah HOT DAMN!!! I was soooo blown away with their singing & dancing ability!!! ( I had Rising Sun as my ringtone for over a year). Like Shafia was sooooo blown away by JJ (No Offence but he's the only 1 that looks good in Doushite vid LOL & he sooooo looked like Cloud from Final Fantasy, I like manga looking real-life guys)!!!!!

I have never been a fan of any singer/group, coz have like certain songs of singers/groups & hated some songs of same singer/group, but unless I like ALL songs of singers/group, then I don't consider myself a fan (well thats my take on being a fan).

It was while I was looking up other songs by DBSK & realised that there wasn't a single song that I didn't NOT like, thats when I had to admit to being a fan!!!

The fact that I still like them to the point that I ticked 95% of "You are Crazy about DBSK when..." gave me a clue RLMAO & the fact that I pay out dble the amount of cash for their latest single/album 4rm HMV Japan (Why? So that my purchase counts towards the Oricon charts LOL)!!!!!!!!!!!

Now most of my friends avoid my facebook stuff, coz they know it would include DBSK & will bring their own music when in my car, coz they know I would only put on DBSK music LOL They try to steer me away from DBSK related talk (my friend pointed out the DB9 1 time, she went on to say that its the James Bond car, when I came out with oohh thats the car that Junsu was driving in the Wrong Number vid RLMFAO!!!), but now accept that its piontless to take my mind off them for very long LOL

Well thats my story!! Still think that Shunsuke Nagasaki is HOT, but...... everything else is always but.....coz there is NOTHING finer than DBSK!!! Se7en is a hot singer, but....DBSK is still ichiban!!!! etc


Minna, Gome that this is sooooooo long!!! I hope that everyone is able to follow my train of thought! I'm a bit like Junsu where I find myself saying only part of what I'm thinking & jump sentences without finishing & expect everyone around me to understand where I'm going/read my mind LOL
Member
3112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 4/10/09 , edited 4/10/09


thanks for sharing your story!
i'm exactly the same as you...i've known/liked dbsk for so long that everyone in my family knows..and think i'm crazy and obsessed
there's just something about them that draws me in..they're the 1st and only group that i really gave so much support to.
Member
34341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/11/09
mine is really simple, my friend found out that i like listenin to japanese music, and she was like hey listen to some korean music, i said okay, she show me two songs im sorry by gummy ft. top and hug by dbsk. i thought it was really cute the mv since i want to have some to talk about, and realize she really like dbsk, so i look up some more videos on them, and then the rest is history. i think O was what really got me into them and love in the ice (jap live) is what made me into a true fan.
Member
286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 4/26/09
Umm..My cousin(boy) said that Hero Jae Joong was sexy...(btw he is not gay he has a girlfriend) He said he wanted his body and hair.. And at that time I didn't know who he was so I decided to search him up on Youtube..Then I found DBSK...I still remember the first video I watched was DBSK-Mirotic ...
OH MY! I am SO glad I found DBSK...How did I ever live without them?? LOL XD

I LOVE DBSK<3
Member
495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Somewhere... Sunny.
Offline
Posted 4/29/09
Here's my story... :)
I played Audition. It's an online game, a dancing game. There's Tohoshinki's song there. Then, I started look up the net and after I heard a few of their song, I become interested on them!~
I watch their video on YouTube and I found a very handsome man... heheh~~~ And I search more and more about DBSK, and here I am, DBSK addicted.

Member
163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Fresno
Offline
Posted 5/2/09
my friend told me about them... then i checked them out... at first i didnt like them but when i listen to them more and more.. i started to like them..now i become a big fan.. im super crazy about them
Posted 5/3/09
Well I first heard of them from my younger sister. She was showing me Purple Line because she thought it was hilarious and she started making fun of the members. She said that they can't sing, they were ugly, and they are wannabes. She tought that I would agree with her, but I ended up liking them. LOL. The major reason why she doesn't like them is because they are considered a huge rival to Johnny's Entertainment. (Entertainment in Japan. NEWS, KAT-TUN, SMAP, Hey Say Jump, and Arashi are from there.)
Member
3112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 5/4/09

sakuragirl33 wrote:

Well I first heard of them from my younger sister. She was showing me Purple Line because she thought it was hilarious and she started making fun of the members. She said that they can't sing, they were ugly, and they are wannabes. She tought that I would agree with her, but I ended up liking them. LOL. The major reason why she doesn't like them is because they are considered a huge rival to Johnny's Entertainment. (Entertainment in Japan. NEWS, KAT-TUN, SMAP, Hey Say Jump, and Arashi are from there.)


has she seen them live???
oh well...she doesnt know what she's miss out on.

Posted 5/5/09

sakura89 wrote:


sakuragirl33 wrote:

Well I first heard of them from my younger sister. She was showing me Purple Line because she thought it was hilarious and she started making fun of the members. She said that they can't sing, they were ugly, and they are wannabes. She tought that I would agree with her, but I ended up liking them. LOL. The major reason why she doesn't like them is because they are considered a huge rival to Johnny's Entertainment. (Entertainment in Japan. NEWS, KAT-TUN, SMAP, Hey Say Jump, and Arashi are from there.)


has she seen them live???
oh well...she doesnt know what she's miss out on.



No, she only seen the vid of purple line. I always turn up the song just to make her angry. She blames herself for making me fall in love with them.
Member
1077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / London
Offline
Posted 5/6/09

sakuragirl33 wrote:


sakura89 wrote:


sakuragirl33 wrote:

Well I first heard of them from my younger sister. She was showing me Purple Line because she thought it was hilarious and she started making fun of the members. She said that they can't sing, they were ugly, and they are wannabes. She tought that I would agree with her, but I ended up liking them. LOL. The major reason why she doesn't like them is because they are considered a huge rival to Johnny's Entertainment. (Entertainment in Japan. NEWS, KAT-TUN, SMAP, Hey Say Jump, and Arashi are from there.)


has she seen them live???
oh well...she doesnt know what she's miss out on.



No, she only seen the vid of purple line. I always turn up the song just to make her angry. She blames herself for making me fall in love with them.


You should really make her listen to JE groups singing live comapred to DBSK singing live....then she can see for herself which groups are lame/wannabe's/can't sing LOL

I started of liking Arashi (coz of Gokusen/HYD/MatsuJun), then Kattun (coz of Gokusen 2) until I heard the SUPREME vocals of DBSK...then it was just NO CONTESTS RLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Member
26196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / in my OFFICE
Offline
Posted 5/8/09
oh well..
i was only interested in korean dramas..
but a friend asked me if i know "DBSK" but i said "no".
then, i looked them up on the web...
and the first music video i've ever watched is RISING SUN
while the 1st song heard is O
and.. i officially became a fan of dbsk way back to oct 2007
love at first sight with yunho..
and with the yunjae couple^^
Member
26196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / in my OFFICE
Offline
Posted 5/8/09
oh well..
i was only interested in korean dramas..
but a friend asked me if i know "DBSK" but i said "no".
then, i looked them up on the web...
and the first music video i've ever watched is RISING SUN
while the 1st song heard is O
and.. i officially became a fan of dbsk way back to oct 2007
love at first sight with yunho..
and with the yunjae couple^^
Member
7897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / ~_
Offline
Posted 6/4/09
i had a new mp3 and at that time i still dont have my own computer...so,i always let my friend put songs in it...even though i don't know the song and who sang it, i always listen to it while studying...somehow, when i'm studying, the songs give me encouragement...i then became interested in it..i soon found out about DBSK...
Member
3692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/7/09 , edited 7/7/09
wellll....at first, i wasnt really into Korean stuff, im more into C-pop and and J-pop, cuz my family speaks both Japanese and Chinese fluently and eng of course ^^...but then one day, i was in the school libary and i saw this magazine and it had a picture of this korean boy band on front..and one of my asian friend saw and she was like "OMG! its DBSK!! I love them!!" i saw them and i think they were really hawt... then i got home and searched them up, and i got hooked, their music is awesome!! and i was addicted to hero jaejoong...and now im tryin to learn korean as well as jap and chinese...haha....i love them all
and i have asian channel V, my friend came over to my house(shes a blonde, but a asian inside), she saw DBSK and she was like "oh, man! they are god damn sexy!!"
my family does tease me about liking soooo many boy asian bands, from lollipop to fahrenheit, arashi, news and then kat-tun, to big bang, super junior, top combine, now DBSK, they think im a 100-timer, im not!!
Member
7892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Sweden
Offline
Posted 7/9/09
my first song l heard from dbsk was why did l fallen in love with you and it was here on cr ^^ and after some moth my cousine sent me the mirotic song and then l became a big fan!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.