Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Dragon Ball The Movie
294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/22/09

JessicaHliLee wrote:

Oh my god. I saw the preview and me and my cousins started busting up laughing like Why is Goku white? and Piccolo looks hella funny. No offence. But I'm not trying to be racist by saying why goku us white its just that it was hella funny.


When you say white? You mean the skin tone or because it was an American actor? Because if you mean skin, Goku is pretty white skinned. And if you mean, American white, well.... yeah it wasn't a very good choice. Justin Chatwick (?) was a really random decision. But I don't know of any Asian actors thought would be popular enough at this point to pull off a Blockbuster movie like this. And I mean someone who fits the role and age. (Rain doesn't count) ;p
Posted 2/22/09
epic fail...
thats gonna suck badly...
2141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / London
Offline
Posted 2/22/09
saw the trailer and it sucked xD
1076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / South Sac
Offline
Posted 2/23/09

xSe7enx wrote:


JessicaHliLee wrote:

Oh my god. I saw the preview and me and my cousins started busting up laughing like Why is Goku white? and Piccolo looks hella funny. No offence. But I'm not trying to be racist by saying why goku us white its just that it was hella funny.


When you say white? You mean the skin tone or because it was an American actor? Because if you mean skin, Goku is pretty white skinned. And if you mean, American white, well.... yeah it wasn't a very good choice. Justin Chatwick (?) was a really random decision. But I don't know of any Asian actors thought would be popular enough at this point to pull off a Blockbuster movie like this. And I mean someone who fits the role and age. (Rain doesn't count) ;p


No. I mean American White. I think that they could have done a better job with the characters.
294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/24/09

JessicaHliLee wrote:


xSe7enx wrote:


JessicaHliLee wrote:

Oh my god. I saw the preview and me and my cousins started busting up laughing like Why is Goku white? and Piccolo looks hella funny. No offence. But I'm not trying to be racist by saying why goku us white its just that it was hella funny.


When you say white? You mean the skin tone or because it was an American actor? Because if you mean skin, Goku is pretty white skinned. And if you mean, American white, well.... yeah it wasn't a very good choice. Justin Chatwick (?) was a really random decision. But I don't know of any Asian actors thought would be popular enough at this point to pull off a Blockbuster movie like this. And I mean someone who fits the role and age. (Rain doesn't count) ;p


No. I mean American White. I think that they could have done a better job with the characters.


Yeah they could have, but I doubt that the top notch Hollywood actors would take on this kind of movie. They should have gone with a total unknown. But ah well... it'll be a blast just to see what they do.
2041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 2/24/09
Oh god, my heart just skipped a beat...


I think Fox will be next in line to get hit by the recession, just you watch, this movie's gonna fail, the only way they'll succeed or get anywhere close to it will be if those fools who've never heard of Dragonball before think "WOW AN AWESOME LOOKING MOVIE" go out an by tickets and then think "meh, I've seen better", unaware that they've just given their money to the evil people at Fox who I hope to god, I beg god, I'll get down on knees and beg, that fox does NOT make a second movie.

Please, for the good of all mankind, everyone here, DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE, PIRATE IT IF YOU HAVE TO, but PLEASE, wether I sound like a dumb guy on the net, I don't care, I'll be one of those people in the groups outside the cinemas with signs protesting (Yeah I really am gonna protest) while the movie airs.

Oh man, they really think people will buy this novel >.<
They're using the Dragonball name as an excuse for some quick-cash, it's awful
636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 2/24/09
Atleast they arnt dressed up in orange suits and and blue boots like cosplayers right
.......
Posted 3/3/09 , edited 3/3/09
I like Dragonball and Dragonball Z but this sounds sorta lame...

And for when it sounds like he is, he is too old...
1241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Beautiful British...
Offline
Posted 3/3/09
Ha ha ha, this movie well be interesting to watch XD
1045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Lebanon
Offline
Posted 3/6/09
what is this supposed to mean?
son goku is much more beautiful !!
plus who is that girl? chichi or videl or what ~!~?
201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / IRELAND
Offline
Posted 3/6/09
first of all my views for this is a epic failure to begin with
no american can replace goku damit!
sorry if it gets racist
but like most live actions are failures to the animes but some are gr8
tbh i bet the dubed japanese verison will be better then the english verison
its really hard to tell if it is or not just hav to w8 and see
but epic failure it will most likely turn out
will watch and hav no high expectations
10019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/6/09 , edited 3/6/09
Dude.. the hell with dragon ball movie??
It can't be made into an movie!! Dragon Ball will always be an Legend Anime. which must'nt be touch..
And.. WTH?!! Being played by an freaking A.Actor?! hahaha!! should be played by Asian's.. Cosplayers looks more like Gouko than him..
EPIC Failure... darn... DragonBall got ruined cause of that movie.. tsk tsk tsk..

It's gonna fail.. (like the X-Men 3 movie).. which is a real failure to those who know X-Men.. Hahahah!!
4472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Playing mahjong w...
Offline
Posted 3/6/09
I saw the trailer and pretty bad even with the pretty SFX.

It just does not look good and a bit insulting to me. The kid from War of the Worlds to play Goku? Oh hell no!
9970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 3/7/09 , edited 3/7/09
We're selling these where I work and I glanced through them. Terrible. If the movie by itself wasn't bad enough now here comes the merchandise. I can't wait to see the action figures of an albino Piccolo pop up on the market. Ugh.
5975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Don't Trust me.
Offline
Posted 3/7/09

IIjakeH wrote:

Atleast they arnt dressed up in orange suits and and blue boots like cosplayers right
.......


just wait... orange and blue will come.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.