First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Crunchyroll on X-Box 360!?
47163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Orlando
Offline
Posted 1/17/09 , edited 1/17/09
Like the title and its description, the question is simple, is there somehow someway that we can get some Crunchyroll action on the X-Box 360 a la Netflix?

I mean, we pay for the service too. This site also offers most of its content in High Definition, and it's stream only.

Basically you can say this is the Netflix of anime! So why not get it on there!?

Personally I wouldn't mind paying a buck or two more to easily be able to put the High-Def goodness on the big screen without having to rig the computer to the right tv!

Is anyone else with me, or am I just being dumb? ^^;

(For the record, I think this would greatly benefit both Microsoft AND CR, seeing as how MS is bound to attract a bigger audience [WoOt! Otaku! XD], and more users would see a better deal in purchasing an Anime Membership if it means easily being able to play on their console ^^; )
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 1/17/09
IMO it would be more of a pain in the ass and not worth the effort.

just run a line from your comp to your tv. its just one line and its not hard.

I dont know about most people but when i pay fror an anime i want the hard copy not just some data down loaded to my XboX.
Posted 1/17/09
I don't think it's as easy as you've mentioned above, they have to make quite a number of agreements and it often includes signing a lot of papers.
47163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Orlando
Offline
Posted 1/17/09 , edited 1/17/09

Shabbernigdo wrote:

IMO it would be more of a pain in the ass and not worth the effort.

just run a line from your comp to your tv. its just one line and its not hard.

I dont know about most people but when i pay fror an anime i want the hard copy not just some data down loaded to my XboX.


Technically the data on this site isn't a hard copy for you either ^^;

And if rigging one cable was that easy, I probably wouldn't care either.

But putting a computer onto an HDTV is more of a pain than you'd think.

If you're going with HDMI, the sound doesn't usually come out. If you don't have HDMI and are using VGA, you're still left with no sound (or with changing the wires every time you want to watch anime). Then there's the problem of the signal actually working on the TV >.<

As for the agreements and such, everything needs paper to be signed. Just like lots of papers had to be signed for us to have legal/simulcasted anime ^^
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 1/17/09

NicolaiAndrews wrote:


Shabbernigdo wrote:

IMO it would be more of a pain in the ass and not worth the effort.

just run a line from your comp to your tv. its just one line and its not hard.

I dont know about most people but when i pay fror an anime i want the hard copy not just some data down loaded to my XboX.


Technically the data on this site isn't a hard copy for you either ^^;

And if rigging one cable was that easy, I probably wouldn't care either.

But putting a computer onto an HDTV is more of a pain than you'd think.

If you're going with HDMI, the sound doesn't usually come out. If you don't have HDMI and are using VGA, you're still left with no sound (or with changing the wires every time you want to watch anime). Then there's the problem of the signal actually working on the TV >.<

As for the agreements and such, everything needs paper to be signed. Just like lots of papers had to be signed for us to have legal/simulcasted anime ^^



Thats why i dont subscribe to this site : ) i get my anime for free and the stuff im willing to pay to see i go buy at the cd store.

ive had my comp hooked up to my tv for a while with no problems.
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/17/09
just connect your laptop to ur tv with like an AV cable
its not that hard, i think?
47163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Orlando
Offline
Posted 1/17/09
That's my point, if I'm paying, I'd hope to get a little more for my money's worth. I know it's still new, but so far I've had lots of problems with the system (Gintama not loading, some anime that say ONLY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD after a certain episodes, and it running buggy when I try to put it on full screen ^^; )

I'm just saying, it would make a lot of things easier, eh?
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

NicolaiAndrews wrote:

That's my point, if I'm paying, I'd hope to get a little more for my money's worth. I know it's still new, but so far I've had lots of problems with the system (Gintama not loading, some anime that say ONLY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD after a certain episodes, and it running buggy when I try to put it on full screen ^^; )

I'm just saying, it would make a lot of things easier, eh?


Maybe u shouldn't have paid for it then
47163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Orlando
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

h3ntie wrote:


NicolaiAndrews wrote:

That's my point, if I'm paying, I'd hope to get a little more for my money's worth. I know it's still new, but so far I've had lots of problems with the system (Gintama not loading, some anime that say ONLY AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD after a certain episodes, and it running buggy when I try to put it on full screen ^^; )

I'm just saying, it would make a lot of things easier, eh?


Maybe u shouldn't have paid for it then


I don't really have an issue with paying to support the creators. I mean, law may be on our side when we say that the anime isn't licensed, therefore we are free to download it, but it doesn't change the fact that it doesn't support the people that worked hard on those anime.

The whole X-Box 360 thing is just like a little extra, y'know? ^^;
57165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / surprise az.
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
i use my PS3's browser on my projector but it doesnt do 720p... maybe if sony would update the flash player. but 480p looks good too. nothing like watching slam dunk on a 200" screen...
6140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
I would try PlayOn to see if it works with CR. I don't watch anime via CR so im not sure if its going to work. I would also try Hulu if you want to stream free anime. Basically the program download streams and your computer broadcasts it around your house and your 360/PS3 can pick up the signal and stream from there.

My brother does Netflix/Hulu/Playon broadcasts from his computer and my 360 as well as his PS3 can stream from there so I can hook up my 360 anywhere and watch whatever is boardcasted. Not sure if CR will work as a "streaming website" but you could try it out, plus its a good software to have.

On the other hand if you just download the 'non' licensed anime just put it on a flashdrive and watch it on you 360.
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
download it instead and put it on an external hdd

or draw a new line
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 2/4/09

NicolaiAndrews wrote:

If you're going with HDMI, the sound doesn't usually come out. If you don't have HDMI and are using VGA, you're still left with no sound (or with changing the wires every time you want to watch anime). Then there's the problem of the signal actually working on the TV >.<



About HDMI, I had some sound problem myself. Solved it by going into Bios and changing the settings on sound. You'll find it easy enough, could solve your problem.


Crunchyroll on Xbox360 sounds too troublesome to be worth it.
2740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Where your not at...
Offline
Posted 2/7/09
i dont know but you can get on crunchyroll with the Nnitendo Wii if you have the Internet channel which costs 500 wii points (you can buy a 2000 point card for $20) and then go on the internet channel and type in crunchyroll and then your here, i already did it a couple of times it works
Posted 2/7/09
It might be a hard to do, but it's a good idea!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.