First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
asian celeb's and the rest of the world
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
why are they well known in latin america and brasil( i said brasil aside because they speak portuguise there not spanish) they have been acceptep there off course they are not as famous as in asia over there but a lot of people know who they are
when it comes about music,movies and dramas the dificulty is europe and the us

my personal opinion here in europe they would be accepted when it come's to music,then movies at last dramas
but the us i don't know

what are your thoughs and what do you think would be the best way for asian celeb's to break thru that big wall
and get well known world wide
2672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
i do not know
but i do like your screenname "Sinnerinheaven"
pretty cool ;)

but if i was a star breaking through
i would go American, since here that let crap like Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron get big (yuck!)
so I'm guessing they would let anyone who is serious do it- but you need a great Agent first
2743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / St. Louis
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
I think it's kind of hard for an Asian to break into the entertainment industry in America if they aren't known anywhere else. The biggest Asian stars like Jackie Chan and Zhang ZiYi and Gong Li were famous in China before going to Hollywood.

If I was Asian and wanted to get famous in either Asia or America, I would start off with Asia. It seems a lot of the current HK or TW actors and singers were Chinese Americans born in America or have lived here their entire lives, and then moved to China and got famous.
14619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/18/09
1.Hot/Gorgeous: Wrong but thats the ticket that gets you through these days.
2.Fluent in many languages
3.Have talent and personality.
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

loopity wrote:

i do not know
but i do like your screenname "Sinnerinheaven"
pretty cool ;)

quote]

thanks i hope to get famous with that name
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

happipplrock wrote:

1.Hot/Gorgeous: Wrong but thats the ticket that gets you through these days.
2.Fluent in many languages
3.Have talent and personality.


so true
BTW are you talking about me , sorry i'm just jk
but then with looks only you wont get that far so as you said talent and fluent in many languages is important
especialy english
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

inluvwitdestiny wrote:

I think it's kind of hard for an Asian to break into the entertainment industry in America if they aren't known anywhere else. The biggest Asian stars like Jackie Chan and Zhang ZiYi and Gong Li were famous in China before going to Hollywood.

If I was Asian and wanted to get famous in either Asia or America, I would start off with Asia. It seems a lot of the current HK or TW actors and singers were Chinese Americans born in America or have lived here their entire lives, and then moved to China and got famous.


maybe some of them or just fine just beeing famous in asia but for the others i guess it would be good to learn at list english so thay can get thru
and be famous anywhere they want
14619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

sinnerinheaven wrote:


happipplrock wrote:

1.Hot/Gorgeous: Wrong but thats the ticket that gets you through these days.
2.Fluent in many languages
3.Have talent and personality.


so true
BTW are you talking about me , sorry i'm just jk
but then with looks only you wont get that far so as you said talent and fluent in many languages is important
especialy english

lol actually most stars these days regardless of there country got famous off looks. So looks can take you very very far these days.
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/18/09

happipplrock wrote:


sinnerinheaven wrote:


happipplrock wrote:

1.Hot/Gorgeous: Wrong but thats the ticket that gets you through these days.
2.Fluent in many languages
3.Have talent and personality.


so true
BTW are you talking about me , sorry i'm just jk
but then with looks only you wont get that far so as you said talent and fluent in many languages is important
especialy english

lol actually most stars these days regardless of there country got famous off looks. So looks can take you very very far these days.


that's true there are so many famous ppl who got famous because of their looks not their talent
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
this message is from a friend of mine she told me that asian celeb's are accepted in latin america but they dodn't know enough about them they get their news from the net it would be great if it would be diferent
i guess it's not as easy as i though
i hope asian celebs who want to get known world wide can reach their dreams
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / dunno
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
They could be famous in EU and US. It deppends on advertisment and the "right people" in background. But I think it is not so simple...LOL Arashi (not Tokio Hotel ) in Prague or Wien..that's my dream
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/20/09

Akcul wrote:

They could be famous in EU and US. It deppends on advertisment and the "right people" in background. But I think it is not so simple...LOL Arashi (not Tokio Hotel ) in Prague or Wien..that's my dream :D


i thinyk you are right if some of them the one's who want to get known world wide need to do more
like comercials or something
some of them are fine with beeing famous in asia but some want to break thru and as we know it's not easy

btw tokyo hotel f.ck them they are a shame to eu celeb's
803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / dunno
Offline
Posted 1/20/09

sinnerinheaven wrote:


Akcul wrote:

They could be famous in EU and US. It deppends on advertisment and the "right people" in background. But I think it is not so simple...LOL Arashi (not Tokio Hotel ) in Prague or Wien..that's my dream :D


i thinyk you are right if some of them the one's who want to get known world wide need to do more
like comercials or something
some of them are fine with beeing famous in asia but some want to break thru and as we know it's not easy

btw tokyo hotel f.ck them they are a shame to eu celeb's


Yes, they have it harder than "stars" from US or EU, because they are famous trough the media and movies which are broadcasted in Asia too. But how much asians movies or music videos are broadcasted in EU or US?
And please...I'm begging you don't mention them (TH) anymore...I would have nightmares....
6802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / the netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/20/09

Akcul wrote:


sinnerinheaven wrote:


Akcul wrote:

They could be famous in EU and US. It deppends on advertisment and the "right people" in background. But I think it is not so simple...LOL Arashi (not Tokio Hotel ) in Prague or Wien..that's my dream :D


i thinyk you are right if some of them the one's who want to get known world wide need to do more
like comercials or something
some of them are fine with beeing famous in asia but some want to break thru and as we know it's not easy

btw tokyo hotel f.ck them they are a shame to eu celeb's


Yes, they have it harder than "stars" from US or EU, because they are famous trough the media and movies which are broadcasted in Asia too. But how much asians movies or music videos are broadcasted in EU or US?
And please...I'm begging you don't mention them (TH) anymore...I would have nightmares....


i agree with you and no i won't mention them anymore or alse i will have hightmares
also
11993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / SPAIN
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
I AGREE LOOKS CAN GET YOU FAME,BUT ONLY TALENT WILL KEEP YOU THERE!!!!!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.