First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Does Minami-Ke resemble Lucky Star?
Member
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/15/07 , edited 12/15/07
I found Minami-Ke by accident and started watching it. It was as funny as hell! So much laughter in every episode of pure randomness!

As i went thru the first episode, i noticed that the comedy style is too much like Lucky Star. From what i have seen, it looks like Lucky Star and Minami-Ke have the same creators.... Is this true?
Member
2354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / sg
Offline
Posted 12/15/07
nope, the creator of lucky star is kagami yoshimizu
and the creator of minami-ke is coharu sakuraba who also created kyo no gononi
correct me if im wrong, i dun have reliable source
Member
703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Singapore!
Offline
Posted 12/15/07
i dun think they have the same creator..
but the genre is abt the same

Moderator
69464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / London
Offline
Posted 12/16/07
just same genre, not created by same people or animaters
Member
31116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Clow Country
Offline
Posted 12/16/07
Minami-Ke is just frighteningly similar in the subject of its comedy. It's not by the same people.
Member
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 12/16/07
Minami-Ke is more related to Ichigo Mashimaro and Tona Gura. But surprisingly very few people have watched them to be able to compare them...

Lucky Star is more closely related to Full Metal Panic, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, and Keroro Gunsou...

Personally, I don't think they're similar at all.. Their style of comedy are both completely off from one another.. But their ability to make people laugh are similar..
Member
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/17/07
If i could recall..... Minami-Ke was advertised by Lucky Star at the very last part of the very last episode. Am i wrong?
Member
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 12/17/07

bujujutko wrote:

If i could recall..... Minami-Ke was advertised by Lucky Star at the very last part of the very last episode. Am i wrong?


Did you know that when an anime ends, there are occasions when a TV station will sometimes display advertisements for unrelated anime afterwards..?

You just don't understand the forms of comedy that are used in Japan..
Member
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/17/07

SixthSpade wrote:


bujujutko wrote:

If i could recall..... Minami-Ke was advertised by Lucky Star at the very last part of the very last episode. Am i wrong?


Did you know that when an anime ends, there are occasions when a TV station will sometimes display advertisements for unrelated anime afterwards..?

You just don't understand the forms of comedy that are used in Japan..


Ahh I C. Your last statement slightly feels like an insult but what the hell. Im just so shocked that their comedy style was so similar. Theres even a character that is the same as Konota, though she doesnt play computer games.
Member
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 12/18/07

bujujutko wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:


bujujutko wrote:

If i could recall..... Minami-Ke was advertised by Lucky Star at the very last part of the very last episode. Am i wrong?


Did you know that when an anime ends, there are occasions when a TV station will sometimes display advertisements for unrelated anime afterwards..?

You just don't understand the forms of comedy that are used in Japan..


Ahh I C. Your last statement slightly feels like an insult but what the hell. Im just so shocked that their comedy style was so similar. Theres even a character that is the same as Konota, though she doesnt play computer games.


Trust me, watch "Minami-ke" than watch "Ichigo Mashimaro." You'll be surprised how similar their comedy styles are..
Member
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/18/07

SixthSpade wrote:


bujujutko wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:


bujujutko wrote:

If i could recall..... Minami-Ke was advertised by Lucky Star at the very last part of the very last episode. Am i wrong?


Did you know that when an anime ends, there are occasions when a TV station will sometimes display advertisements for unrelated anime afterwards..?

You just don't understand the forms of comedy that are used in Japan..


Ahh I C. Your last statement slightly feels like an insult but what the hell. Im just so shocked that their comedy style was so similar. Theres even a character that is the same as Konota, though she doesnt play computer games.


Trust me, watch "Minami-ke" than watch "Ichigo Mashimaro." You'll be surprised how similar their comedy styles are..


Yes sir! *searches Ichigo Mashimaro*
Member
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/18/07
Sorry for the double posting but SHlT! Ichigo Mashimaro ALREADY LICENSED!!! CRAP! T.T i was looking forward to watching it T.T
Member
19084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/18/07
why is minami-ke here
got nothing to do lucky star
Moderator
10900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / no code to escape...
Offline
Posted 12/21/07
I still wonder i think its best renaming the title ~_~ *renames title*
Member
8839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / OC
Offline
Posted 12/23/07
haha minami-ke is pretty funny but still i do not see the resembalence, but @ what Sixthspade said, if youve seen Ichigo Mashimaro then they are very similar as ive noticed
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.