First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Does Minami-Ke resemble Lucky Star?
Member
21869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sleepy Land
Offline
Posted 12/25/07
Yeah, alittle~
Member
2629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Latvia, Riga
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
minami-ke is a nice show too)
Member
2074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / M / まあ、日本ならいいな〜
Offline
Posted 1/4/08
sort of.. the genre is similar hahah.
Member
21114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/08
Yeah, kind of, except the main characters are related.
Member
25878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Living Life
Offline
Posted 1/14/08
ummm when i get my internet back some one help me find this anime (not lucky Star) but Minami-Ke
Member
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / RAGE
Offline
Posted 1/19/08
After Lucky star ended I couldn't find any anime with a similar lack of plot and humour. But then I discovered Minami-ke which I consider to be its spiritual successor!
Posted 1/19/08
i think minami-ke has nothing to do with lucky star only the comedy
Member
26266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Sembawang/Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/22/08
well im not so sure
Member
6805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Kota Kinabalu, Sa...
Offline
Posted 1/28/08
yup! the both anime is funny ^^
68316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/08

SixthSpade wrote:

Minami-Ke is more related to Ichigo Mashimaro and Tona Gura. But surprisingly very few people have watched them to be able to compare them...

...Personally, I don't think they're similar at all.. Their style of comedy are both completely off from one another.. But their ability to make people laugh are similar..


Personally, I have watched all those shows, including Tonagura, but do not find Tonagura to be in the same catagory as Lucky Star and Minami-Ke. However, to stay on topic, yes, as everyone else points out, Minami-Ke and its now running sequal Minami-Ke Okawari (Seconds) are exactly the same, in my book, with regards to comidic style as Luck Star. After watching Lucky Star so many times, I really wanted to find other shows that were the same, and Minami-Ke matches up perfictly. Also, despite some minor changes in the animation style for the second season of Minami-Ke, it is still just as funny. I must say though, that the opening of the second season, while good and different, always makes me feel like im about to watch a completely different type of Anime all together.

However, despite all this, just remember that this is a Lucky Star Group... and of course... Lucky Star is the best!
Member
7960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Riding the Galaxy...
Offline
Posted 2/1/08

ajpointless wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:

Minami-Ke is more related to Ichigo Mashimaro and Tona Gura. But surprisingly very few people have watched them to be able to compare them...

...Personally, I don't think they're similar at all.. Their style of comedy are both completely off from one another.. But their ability to make people laugh are similar..


Personally, I have watched all those shows, including Tonagura, but do not find Tonagura to be in the same catagory as Lucky Star and Minami-Ke. However, to stay on topic, yes, as everyone else points out, Minami-Ke and its now running sequal Minami-Ke Okawari (Seconds) are exactly the same, in my book, with regards to comidic style as Luck Star. After watching Lucky Star so many times, I really wanted to find other shows that were the same, and Minami-Ke matches up perfictly. Also, despite some minor changes in the animation style for the second season of Minami-Ke, it is still just as funny. I must say though, that the opening of the second season, while good and different, always makes me feel like im about to watch a completely different type of Anime all together.

However, despite all this, just remember that this is a Lucky Star Group... and of course... Lucky Star is the best!


You say you watched it but you didn't put in reference towards "Ichigo Mashimaro" which most resembles Minami-ke both in animation style and comedy style.. I still can't compare them as similar.. Mainly because I put these two anime into the same catagory.. I only said Tona-Gura was more related to Minami-ke because it's from the same anime studio..
68316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/08

SixthSpade wrote:


ajpointless wrote:


SixthSpade wrote:

Minami-Ke is more related to Ichigo Mashimaro and Tona Gura. But surprisingly very few people have watched them to be able to compare them...

...Personally, I don't think they're similar at all.. Their style of comedy are both completely off from one another.. But their ability to make people laugh are similar..


Personally, I have watched all those shows, including Tonagura, but do not find Tonagura to be in the same catagory as Lucky Star and Minami-Ke. However, to stay on topic, yes, as everyone else points out, Minami-Ke and its now running sequal Minami-Ke Okawari (Seconds) are exactly the same, in my book, with regards to comidic style as Luck Star. After watching Lucky Star so many times, I really wanted to find other shows that were the same, and Minami-Ke matches up perfictly. Also, despite some minor changes in the animation style for the second season of Minami-Ke, it is still just as funny. I must say though, that the opening of the second season, while good and different, always makes me feel like im about to watch a completely different type of Anime all together.

However, despite all this, just remember that this is a Lucky Star Group... and of course... Lucky Star is the best!


You say you watched it but you didn't put in reference towards "Ichigo Mashimaro" which most resembles Minami-ke both in animation style and comedy style.. I still can't compare them as similar.. Mainly because I put these two anime into the same catagory.. I only said Tona-Gura was more related to Minami-ke because it's from the same anime studio..


You are right on that. I did not mention Ichigo Mashimaro because I also thought that it was similar to Lucky Star and Minami-Ke both in comidic style and story. Ichigo Mashimaro is very funny and even deals with the same general plot, centering around the normal everyday lives of a group of friends, just like the other two. I am sure that there are many other Anime's out there that are just like these, however, I will probably always favor Lucky Star simply because it was the first of this type that I have seen. I can understand Tonagura comming from the same makers, however, I do not consider it related because it, in my opinion only, does not fit the same style storylines that the others do. I mean this in regards to writing, scripting, animation and direction, and general sense of humor.

But, all in all... dont take it out on me, its just my own thoughts. K?
Member
1987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / somewhere.
Offline
Posted 2/7/08
I think it does resemble Lucky Star a bit. Minami-ke, I mean.
They both portray girls (school girls, to be more exact) and their daily lives, right?
Their sense of humor is also similar.
(But then again, Japanese slice-of-life anime are almost all the same.)
4552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/08
Both funny. But Lucky Star my favorite.
Member
2285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Next to my neighb...
Offline
Posted 3/5/08
yeah i think that's true in a way
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.