1. Go to File>Open and open the picture you want to use.
2. Then press ctrl+N. Make sure you have the same numbers as me. Width = 8 and height = 8. Also make sure that width and height are both pixel and not anything else. Then press ok.
3. Once you have pressed ok, you will see a small square, Press ctrl+0 (not O) (press zero)
4. Once you have pressed ctrl+0 you will end up with a bigger square.
5. Now go to the eraser tool and right click on it. A small list should appear, click on the one that says "magic eraser tool". Then click the big box that you created and it should look the same as the one in the screenshot.
6. Go to the colour box and pick any colour you like, black is best to use tho, but its up to you. Then go to the brush tool and right click on it. A small list will appear. Click on the one that says "pencil tool:" Once you have done that make a diagonal line like shown in the picture.
7. Then go to edit and click on the button that says "define pattern". Dont worry we're half way through.
8. Now go back to your original picture that your putting the lines on. Go down to your layers box and click on the background layer, then duplicate it.
9. A box will pop up. Just press ok
10. Now make sure that your duplicated background is selected, go to fx which is down the bottom of layers and click it. a list will come up. press on "pattern overlay". Once you have done that a box will come up.
11. Now click on the box with the pattern in it. a list will appear with a few different patterns. your should be the one that is down the bottom. click on the line you created. Your picture should now have diagonal lines on it.
12. Play around with the opacity,blending options and size. You are now finished. Congratulations.
13. How to create gridlines. Its the exact same just make a border around the box with the pencil tool instead of the diagonal line.
14. How to create crosslines . Its the exact same just make a cross through the box with the pencil tool instead of the diagonal line.
When finished your pic will look like these
I hope this tutorial worked ^^ leave comments and if you need any help with it just ask in this forum ok? hehe ^^
[...U N D E R....C O N S T R U C T I O N....]
NOTE TO SELF: when you see him remember to b r e a t h e