First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Prime Minister makes racial comments on Obama
Posted 1/19/09
After the November 18 elections skyrocketed the news of Europe and other continents, at a meeting after being asked about his opinions on the election, Italy's Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, made a racial comment on Obama (read below).

translated from the Italian
"Obama is young and beautiful but I think he's a bit darkened from the sun."

How does t his make you feel?
What do you think of this?
27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 1/19/09
Maybe he got negative press in "The Sun"
Posted 1/19/09

CptJackSwallows wrote:

Maybe he got negative press in "The Sun"


yeah I read that.
I stumbled upon it watching on TG Uno
and then I read it again at the Sun.
Posted 1/19/09

kaoBaiibee wrote:

After the November 18 elections skyrocketed the news of Europe and other continents, at a meeting after being asked about his opinions on the election, Italy's Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, made a racial comment on Obama (read below).

translated from the Italian
"Obama is young and beautiful but I think he's a bit darkened from the sun."

How does t his make you feel?
What do you think of this?



Hahaha :D




CptJackSwallows wrote:

Maybe he got negative press in "The Sun"


ROFL! XD

27546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / London
Offline
Posted 1/19/09
It could be an italian joke and not meant as a racist comment but seems that way in english.
6140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 1/19/09
A tan? what? lol
12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 1/19/09
Is the translation even correct?
if it is then he hasn't got a brain.
If it isn't then check your sources next time.
Posted 1/19/09

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Is the translation even correct?
if it is then he hasn't got a brain.
If it isn't then check your sources next time.


It's correct, read this myself long ago in a danish newspaper.

Posted 1/19/09

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Is the translation even correct?
if it is then he hasn't got a brain.
If it isn't then check your sources next time.


i translated it and read it off to make sure so yes it is.
Posted 1/19/09

CptJackSwallows wrote:

It could be an italian joke and not meant as a racist comment but seems that way in english.


that's true... but Berlusconi is fascist.
im not trying to jump conclusions but aren't all fascists racist?
102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Washington
Offline
Posted 1/19/09

CptJackSwallows wrote:

It could be an italian joke and not meant as a racist comment but seems that way in english.


Ya i agree ~

12079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / location location...
Offline
Posted 1/19/09

Okazu606 wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Is the translation even correct?
if it is then he hasn't got a brain.
If it isn't then check your sources next time.


It's correct, read this myself long ago in a danish newspaper.


I'm surprised he's a prime minister.. but it could have been a joke.
Posted 1/19/09

makimaki_sataandagi wrote:


Okazu606 wrote:


makimaki_sataandagi wrote:

Is the translation even correct?
if it is then he hasn't got a brain.
If it isn't then check your sources next time.


It's correct, read this myself long ago in a danish newspaper.


I'm surprised he's a prime minister.. but it could have been a joke.


Yea, he's not the brightest fella. I'm not really into italian politics, but I only recall reading stuff about him in the danish newspapers similar to this.
Posted 1/19/09
who cares
19849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
That's hilarious.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.