First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Chinese, Japanese, Korean 'Meteor Garden'
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
each version of meteor garden has different attack...
but i think the big hit was the Taiwanese version...
especially their OST's, just crossed my mind....
i merely understand it...
good translations...

the Japaneses version has nice story line...

the Korean version made me laugh... every episode made me laugh... cute

well each character have done best to portray each character 10/10...
8632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Neverland
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
Barbie or Shancai had the most horrible acting..
Inoue Mao had the best portryal of Makino.
36809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Cebu City, Philip...
Offline
Posted 1/21/09


Some angle of him is really Jerry Yan!
Especially when He's smile and angry


Apparently, TRUE Enough... that's why i Lyk HIM 2... kekekekekeke... Hahaiiiiii... JY!


78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
Koo Hye Sun
look alike ni cynthia patag ahahahahahaha....ahahahahahah
10873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / sabah
Offline
Posted 1/21/09

please012 wrote:

Inoue Mao had the best portryal of Makino.


agree with this one...210%
566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / PHILIPPINES
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
I am inlove with jerry yan because of meteor garden though i like lee min hos version.....i am just thinking of a certain chapter of skipbeat wherein ren is trying to capture the character of katsuki and he ended up watching the old version of the movie which resulted to ren acting in a dull manner.....just wondering if lee min ho did the same thnghehehe just a thought..maybe i expected too much
728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / rizal, phillipines
Offline
Posted 1/21/09 , edited 1/21/09

ungumuda wrote:

In April 2001, Chinese-Taiwan version ‘Meteor Garden’ used ‘meteor’ speed to sweep through the whole of Asia. To this day, this ‘pretty boys’ cyclone has not stopped. First, Japan was unhappy that someone else had stolen the limelight from their own manga. Hence in 2005 and 2007, they too released their own ‘Hana Yori Dango’ and following closely afterwards, at the end of 2008, Korean version‘Boys Before Flowers’ has once again become the hottest topic.

Perhaps it is because 8 years ago, Chinese-Taiwan version ‘Meteor Garden’ left too many indelible memories on everyone, because even when the Japanese version was released many years later, it was still considered the most classic, the best. Today, after Japanese version ‘went through fire and water’, Korean version ‘Boys Before Flowers’ first group of fans have commented: “full Kimchi flavour.” Just like the netizens said, Chinese-Taiwan version is first love, Japanese version is most loved, so what is Korean version left with? The most difficult thing to forget in one’s life is their first love, even when you get your true love, you will think back to the innocent and pureness of first love.

Chinese-Taiwan version: Da S

In life, she is very brave; she will do whatever she wants to do. The bold and strong Da S is similar to her own personality, and immediately reveals Shan Cai’s tenacity. Majority of netizens commented that Da S gave a very natural performance.

Japanese version: Inoue Mao

With her girl-next-door image, Inoue Mao was mocked “only has 5 expressions.” Of course, Japanese version places great importance on detail, as beautiful Da S is constantly changing clothes, Japanese version Shan Cai basically only has one jacket and uniform to change back and forward. This is more in line with the image of a poverty-stricken girl.

Korean version: Koo Hye Sun


She has a petite figure, and pretty and cute image, however netizens thought that Koo Hye Sun’s image looked too old; has a strong taste of ‘mother’. The scary thing is, ‘mother’has to pretend to be ‘inexperienced’, if it’s not pouting her mouth to look innocent, then it’s widening her eyes to look surprised.

PK conclusion:

Being the star amongst the ‘pretty boys’, stubborn and strong, has the courage to accept challenges, love and hate, actually she doesn’t need Michelle Reis’s dignity, Ariel Lin’s cuteness or Zhang Zi Yi’s 小家碧玉*. In this sense, Da S version of Shan Cai has the most grass-root spirit out of the 3.

Chinese-Taiwan version: Jerry Yan

Apparantly, Jerry Yan does not like to smile because he doesn’t want people to describe him as ‘cute’. However, his inadvertent smile really gives off a ‘half naïve half mature’ feeling. Plus, with his classic line: “If an apology works, then why do we need police,” netizens insist ‘he is Dao Ming Si.”

Japanese version: Matsumoto Jun

As soon as Dao Ming Si appeared, netizens criticised him for being much shorter than the other 3. Hence Matsumoto Jun’s Japanese F4 was heavily criticised by the audience for looking too 'passer-by.'

Korean version: Lee Min Ho


We can see that the film crew put in a lot of effort to find someone who looks like Jerry Yan, indeed looks very alike. But how come Dao Ming Si’s hair has become a buddha head?

PK conclusion:

One side of him is the cold, self-centred leader of F4, the other side is the shy little boy who has a warm smile whenever he thinks of Shan Cai; the strong contrast of Dao Ming Si really is the highlight of the whole drama. Handsome but self-centred, tall, childish, to encompass all these features, Chinese-Taiwan version Dao Ming Si obviously wins very easily.

Chinese-Taiwan version: Vic Zhou

Even with Vic’s rigid body and paralysis facial expression, it does not cover up his melancholy temperament, as if he’s walked straight out of a comic. Even until now, Zai Zai will forever be the Hua Ze Lei in many peoples’ hearts.

Japanese version: Oguri Shun


Compared to Vic Zhou, Oguri Shun gives a lot more affection and laziness to Hua Ze Lei’s character. With his golden-coloured hair, tall in height, and casual attitude, Hua Ze Lei’s features are displayed drippingly by Oguri Shun. However, it does seem similar to the character he plays in ‘Hana Kimi’.

Korean version: Kim Hyun-Jeong

Korean version ‘Hua Ze Lei’ is probably the most irresponsible to fans, out of the 3 versions. Besides his hollow expression from his eyes, he always looks straight ahead, and has no focus at all. Netizen’s comments are very straightforward: “If he wears glasses, he’s basically Bae Yong Joon.”

PK conclusion:

Pretty but expressionless face; eyes are often filled with fog; the longest sentence he says is: “I’m not interested in other people’s matters.” He likes to spend his whole day on the rooftop by himself.. towards this kind of character, that doesn’t seem to belong to this world, Vic Zhou and Oguri Shun are tied.




totally agree!!!
meteor garden is my first asian drama that hooked me to the core!! at that time, all the drma i watched is pale compared to MG!

i agree the jerry yan is the best tsukasa but i also like the intense performance of matsumoto jun but i think to the three, lee min ho is the most adorable!!....unlike before, i like rui first but in korean version you can't help but adore joon pyo maybe because ji hoo gave a poor performance so far.

Even until now, Zai Zai will forever be the Hua Ze Lei in many peoples’ hearts...your right! he's the best rui, and i also think he's the most gentle and the most affectionate toward makino/san chai.

but they have something in common... all the soundtrack are great!!
:D

2223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / infRont Of yOu!!!
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
as the sayings goes "The most difficult thing to forget in one’s life is their first love, even when you get your true love, you will think back to the innocent and pureness of first love."

...so meteor garden was my first love and wakes me up with asian thing!!!
2580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 1/21/09 , edited 1/21/09

akimierie wrote:

kinda agree but still inuoe is the best makino...


its different in every forum, in asianfanatics, MG casts wins

Japanese version has the ugliest F4 ever
Korean got the most handsome F4, Taiwan's F4 are good looking too
Taiwan's Shancai is the best looking in 3 versions, but Han Chae Young is the most gorgeous 'Lei's first love'

in terms of acting, Jerry and Lee Min Ho are tied,
Kim Hyun Joong is the worst Lei, i love him but he looks too friendly, and his smile is too bright while ZZ got this mysterious/snobbish aura in him
Da S acted the most natural.. and 'poor' look, with her super plain clothes, like she's on her way to the market to buy fish..

the other F2 of taiwan and korean are ok.. japan's are just ugly

bottomline, i dont like the japanese version because the casts are disappointing just with their DMS being the shortest was alraeady a disappointment...

my opinion only...
1604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
So what. If Japanese F4 are so called ugly (sorry but Matsuda Shota is 10000000000000000000000000X better looking than Lee Min Oh, Jerry Yan, Kim Bum ect...). They acted way way way better than the mediocre and zero chemistry F4 of the two other versions.
241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
taiwanese version is still the best! i think its because of how the characters portrayed their roles very effectively. plus of the 3 versions of original manga "shancai" has more personality, and gave beauty a new meaning(simple girl, brave, cute, hardworking)...the chemistry of dao ming si and shancai is really romantic, and some scenes are really unforgettable. i also like how vic zhou portrayed his role as lei!

okay in terms of production i think the Korean and the Japanese version reigns!

im liking the Korean version too! im looking forward to it! jandi and goo joonpyo

1604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/21/09 , edited 1/21/09
For You MG is still the best but too much evidences shows MG can't be qualitywise compared with HYD. HYD is too far superior to MG. No offence. :unsure:. Mao is a cuter, braver Makino.She is Makino and she acts more better than Barbie (sorry I like her) but that's true.
Jerry Yan's Domyoji had only one expression : scary, can't even cry. While Jun : cruel, scary, violent, rude, lonely, sad, innocent, Baka, in love, faithful, mature. And Jun expressed everything through his eyes and Body language not his look LMAO.
2580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 1/21/09 , edited 1/21/09
in terms of production/quality, yeah, MG cant even be compared to the jap and korean version, but in terms of chemistry, F4 & barbie got the best, on and off screen, F4 are still together until now, and theyre the most popular when they're together, and the friendship of barbie w/ F4 shows not only on screen, but remains off screen too... even Da S and Vanness look great together too, in korean, i dont see the chemistry between jandi and f4, but im so enjoying the korean version so far.....

jun doesnt have the tough look that Jerry and LMH have, Jun looks rather sweet, very much of an idol star..
2580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 1/21/09

yeuo wrote:

Koo Hye Sun
look alike ni cynthia patag ahahahahahaha....ahahahahahah


sasabihin ko dapat sayo "sobra ka naman"

pero bigla kong naisip, "oo nga noh"

1604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/21/09 , edited 1/21/09

xiaochien_08 wrote:

in terms of production/quality, yeah, MG cant even be compared to the jap and korean version, but in terms of chemistry, F4 & barbie got the best, on and off screen, F4 are still together until now, and theyre the most popular when they're together, and the friendship of barbie w/ F4 shows not only on screen, but remains off screen too... even Da S and Vanness look great together too, in korean, i dont see the chemistry between jandi and f4, but im so enjoying the korean version so far.....

jun doesnt have the tough look that Jerry and LMH have, Jun looks rather sweet, very much of an idol star..

LMAO Same with the Japanese one. Before most of them didn't know each other and came from different horizons but their chemistry on and off screen shine. Jun and Mao couple is one the best couple I saw in a movie and Jun changed a lot with Mao (He has never been as close with another actress as he is with Mao). Jun and Shun are Friends since Gokusen days They are friends with Mao. On and Off screen japanes F4 have a good chemistry too.
Do you want to continue?
And you say Jun Looks sweet, slim ect... But despite his looks Jun ouclasses them in the portraying of Domyoji. When I say Domyoji I mean he expressed everything which make what and who Domyoji' character is (read the manga). When people talk about Jerry and Min Oh the only thing you read is "look look look". However I find Jerry Yan ugly and not classy at all. Min Oh is Ok.

HYD is far far far far far far far......................................................................better than MG. POINT BARRE.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.