First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The Inauguration
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / America, Fuck Yeah.
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
Barack Obama has become the 44th president of the United States of America, and the ceremony itself could not have gone smoother (except for that slip-up from Chief Justice Roberts).

I can't seem to find the inauguration right now; it might be too early.

Anyway, he had a very good speech and I'm hopeful that he can help turn America around.

What did you think about the Inauguration ceremony? Did you watch it? How do you think Obama's speech compared to other historic presidents? How do you think his presidency will be reflected in office?
Posted 1/20/09
We watched it during English class at school. My teacher is a total Obama fan, so she canceled class so we could watch the entire speech. I thought it was well done. The "God bless you all, and God bless America" thing seemed a bit fake to me. Obama doesn't seem like the blind-faith type of person. He had to do it to keep the ignorant majority happy though.
Posted 1/20/09
The speech was pheonomenal!! I know people have doubts on his years in office but ... what he stands for will be greater than what he actually is and does... well put TJ. Its amazing how he means so much to the American people and people even outside of America. This is definately a WOW moment going down in history.
14619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
it was quite boring but the speech was great
yes obama is here!(:
Posted 1/20/09

Nayru wrote:

Barack Obama has become the 44th president of the United States of America, and the ceremony itself could not have gone smoother (except for that slip-up from Chief Justice Roberts).

I can't seem to find the inauguration right now; it might be too early.

Anyway, he had a very good speech and I'm hopeful that he can help turn America around.

What did you think about the Inauguration ceremony? Did you watch it? How do you think Obama's speech compared to other historic presidents? How do you think his presidency will be reflected in office?


About that, the Inauguration was already been talked about here in this thread:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-443000/The-Inauguration-Of-Barack-Obama.html?pg=0



10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 1/20/09

Sogard2 wrote:

We watched it during English class at school. My teacher is a total Obama fan, so she canceled class so we could watch the entire speech. I thought it was well done. The "God bless you all, and God bless America" thing seemed a bit fake to me. Obama doesn't seem like the blind-faith type of person. He had to do it to keep the ignorant majority happy though.


I agree with you.

He's brainwashed the masses with basicly false hope and pretty words. He's a human being and a human being can only do so much, not to mention 1/2 the crap he promised he's not going to do. I presonally don't care who becomes president because we arealdy have a bunch of complete idiots in high places, one more won't hurt. I give it about 1 year before he messes up and people realize he's human and not a prophet, seriously some people are just fucking idiots, to believe he's gonna turn this country around 110%, that's not going to happen. He can help the economy but to do that he would have to raise taxes, and cut funding to schools and other goveremnt funded things to put that money into the economy. He can help to make america a better place but he's gonna have to raise taxes and cut funding to do so, and people dont like it when taxes go up and funding to schools get cut. Tough it's how it is.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
A speech is a speech to me and I believe in actions speaking louder then words. Will he truely lead this nation to real change or just tinker with it. The answer to that question is I really dont know but seeing who funded his whole campaign and who he selected under his cabinet raises a lot of doubt for me. Like I said we will see hopefully he will turn away from the neo cons/zionist who ruined this country but who knows.
Posted 1/20/09
Yeah, like what drizza said earlier. Actions speak louder than words. So, guys, enough with the criticizing and saying that he has false hopes, etc.. Besides, he hasn't even stepped foot into the office yet.
Posted 1/20/09 , edited 1/20/09
Great speech, hope he can fulfill the promises he made and bring a little more peace and prosperity to the world as well as move us forward in terms of science and technology aswell.
5156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
i'll pass.

obama aint my thaaaaang.
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 1/20/09

Nayru wrote:

Barack Obama has become the 44th president of the United States of America, and the ceremony itself could not have gone smoother (except for that slip-up from Chief Justice Roberts).

I can't seem to find the inauguration right now; it might be too early.

Anyway, he had a very good speech and I'm hopeful that he can help turn America around.

What did you think about the Inauguration ceremony? Did you watch it? How do you think Obama's speech compared to other historic presidents? How do you think his presidency will be reflected in office?


I think he will be a president.
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/20/09
lol any vid about the slip up????
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 1/21/09
it would be funny of his speech started with

i have a dream


lol
Posted 1/21/09

LemonyPanda wrote:

it would be funny of his speech started with

i have a dream


lol


1846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Davis, California
Offline
Posted 1/21/09 , edited 1/21/09

Allhailodin wrote:


Sogard2 wrote:

We watched it during English class at school. My teacher is a total Obama fan, so she canceled class so we could watch the entire speech. I thought it was well done. The "God bless you all, and God bless America" thing seemed a bit fake to me. Obama doesn't seem like the blind-faith type of person. He had to do it to keep the ignorant majority happy though.


I agree with you.

He's brainwashed the masses with basicly false hope and pretty words. He's a human being and a human being can only do so much, not to mention 1/2 the crap he promised he's not going to do. I presonally don't care who becomes president because we arealdy have a bunch of complete idiots in high places, one more won't hurt. I give it about 1 year before he messes up and people realize he's human and not a prophet, seriously some people are just fucking idiots, to believe he's gonna turn this country around 110%, that's not going to happen. He can help the economy but to do that he would have to raise taxes, and cut funding to schools and other goveremnt funded things to put that money into the economy. He can help to make america a better place but he's gonna have to raise taxes and cut funding to do so, and people dont like it when taxes go up and funding to schools get cut. Tough it's how it is.


Ever so cynical, eh Allhailodin?

Seriously though, I agree that Obama is not a god. I'd sooner choose Ron Paul over him. Still, I do hope he will do well and make enough good decisions to make at least a significant part of his vision true(That and I'm black and I would love to see our nation's first black president do well). After all there are other famous people who had a vision most people at the time would scoff at for being too idealistic yet they are able to make at least of their visions become reality. What makes Obama's vision any less plausible?

I understand your cynicism but keep in mind that just because someone has a vision and an ideal doesn't mean that it can not become an reality.

But then again I'm sorta an opportunist/pragmatist when it comes to politics anyways. Oh well
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.