First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Don't you hate people that ''Hate'' America for the simple reason that it makes ''remakes''.
21973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

woshiroy wrote:

It would be dumb to hate a country just because it makes remakes.


1862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Phils.
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

woshiroy wrote:

It would be dumb to hate a country just because it makes remakes.


totally agree
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

inluvwitdestiny wrote:


cooo wrote:

I DISAGREE COZ AMERICAN REMAKE SUX AND THEIR WILL RUIN THE ORIGINAL


I don't get why people say things like "it will ruin the original". Although it's the same storyline, how does it ruin the original? The original's already out there, people like it. In fact, people like it so much they're making another one. The new one might turn out bad, but it won't affect how good the original is.

But I also think too many remakes of the same thing gets boring. No need to make a HYD for every single country. It's like watching the same movie 10 times in a row. There might be small differences you notice every time that you didn't notice before, but the story and ending is the same. Besides that, most American remakes, compared to the Asian originals, are worse.



I agree, the whole point to making a remake is to not have it the exactly the same, thats why its called a remake. And its not like you have to watch the remake. But yes I also agree that if its made into a remake to many times, its almost like watching the same thing over and over again. Though I do kind of like Korean version of HYD, all the actors and actresses are all very good at what they do. If you know that the remake is going to be bad then just don't watch it, its that simple. And I have to agree that yes most of the time when Hollywood remakes a movie its normally almost always way off from the original and a lot worse than the original movie. But its also good that Hollywood makes a remake of it. Because then the original gets more viewing and gets more hype and money, and a lot more recognition. Even though the remake may be totally different from the original I still think that the director and the maker of the original are probably pretty happy because their movie was the one to be picked for a remake by Hollywood.
1439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Bayonne, NJ
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
Honestly I'm one of those people who finds out that America will do a remake and then go 'WTF'... but it doesn't mean I HATE America... I just haven't seen a hollywood remake of an asian film or drama that will WOW me.. to be fair..although I don't know if it's based on IL MARE or what but I do find The Lake House a good movie...though it didn't make me cry...
257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Where are you loc...
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
I completely agree. First off, Hollywood is the center of the universe when it comes to entertainment. No country even comes close, and I mean NO COUNTRY. When it comes to the best writers, directors, producers, and actors, the US easily wins, hands down. Sure they make some crappy stuff, but when you are making so many movies and shows every year, not everything is going to be Oscar worthy. As far as remakes go, you do realize almost all of the great filmmakers around the world see Hollywood as their influence. So if you're going to complain about a country who may have 4-5 remakes in a year in which they produce hundreds of original work, you're just hating.
Posted 1/22/09

VirAnimus wrote:

Remaking is evil...


explain please?? because i think what you are saying is bullshit -__-
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / midwest
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
Well America has a different culture than oriental countries so of course their remakes will be different. I do think though that they should say that they got the idea from a Korean, Chinese, Japanese movie, etc. because when i heard about what American movies were remakes I had no idea that they were before
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

I don't like hearing about how horrible the Americans remakes are either. The Asian people makes remakes about Americans movies too.So this is not a one sided thing.

People of both part of the world are talented and creative but when they saw that one concept is good and make money they buy the rights and remake the movie or drama for they own country.

Someone said people think Americans are talented and creative because they make The ring but people don't know this came from a Asian remake. Truth is Asians were the ones who sell the rights and second in the movie said very clearly the name of the author of the original film. So there is the credit. Plus I don't see what are they not creative and talented doing the movie because the actors, the locations and the effects are so good that attract public to the cinema.

Remake is not bad because both sides win.






Posted 1/22/09 , edited 1/22/09
i might hate remakes if it cant give justice to the original one..
Posted 1/22/09
I don't "hate" people who feel that way cause everyone's entitled to their own opinion but it does get annoying sometimes. A lot of the times it just seems like some people have a problem w/America in general and are finding something to complain about. Personally I don't really understand how some people can generalize and stereotype a whole country with millions of people but whatever. I don't really care about remakes because I'm not watching a movie to compare it to the original. It's obviously gonna be different. It's the same thing as reading a book then watching the movie and vice versa. If it's good it's good and if it sucks it sucks.

312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / somewhere with th...
Offline
Posted 1/22/09 , edited 1/22/09

ananlovesbbt wrote:

coz like when it becomes a big hit in America for like the ring and the grudge, ppl think it's so frikin awesome but they dont know that it's originally from japan and they think that America's soooo creative and stuff.
well i live in montreal and ppl just doesnt know that they come from japan, all the credits then goes to the u.s. and it sucks. Even if the original one is far betta, they'll never watch them cos its AZN...
that's why i dont like u.s for makin remakes.
i think they should just put the original ones in the theater, and do their remakes, and then compare them...then let's decide for us which ones betta. it's more fair and square.

u guys say that the korean hyd isnt good, and that\s bcuz u had the chance to see the japanese hyd, so let them see the original one tooooo


Damn right jo...I totally agree - Hollywood is almost out of ideas and just how many "famous" scripwriters live there? geez'us...I also agree with the other members that the asian humor gets lost in "translation" - like My Sassy Girl <-- like seriously did they really think that by copying they could get the same response?
And then those scary movies like the ring and such - the asian versions are so much better than the american
So hate me if U want to - but it doesn´t change my opinion of Hollywood sometimes...(btw I don't HATE Hollywood; I just thik they could be a tad more creative)
523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

faridah2201 wrote:

I think remakes, regardless of who makes them, are on the questionable side. I have to agree with the original poster and say that the amount of I hate America-ness on these forums b/c of remakes is unnecessary. U do not have to watch the remakes, I rarely do.


I agree with the fact that ALL remakes are not as good as the original regardless of who makes them or whatnot.
3572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 1/22/09 , edited 1/22/09
I don't really hate the people but I do find them to be a bit stupid, especially considering that most Asian countries create dramas from mainly Japanese manga. So when you put it that way they really have no creativity either if they have to make a drama created by someone else (Taiwan-cough, cough )

I have watched a lot of dramas, and when I look it up, no surprise there it's based on a Japanese manga, unlike Asia America doesn't have millions of mangas to give them ideas so why do people complain about American remakes when they are obviously not the leaders in lack of imagination

Creativity is dead for every country not just America
1810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Work
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
NO
708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / some where in the...
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

well i dont hate it but i still dislike most of the US movies some of them are just so stupids n most of the times the american's remakes sucks
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.