First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Don't you hate people that ''Hate'' America for the simple reason that it makes ''remakes''.
6948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/23/09

sakurablooms13 wrote:


shazman1984 wrote:

Rather than remaking, they should just slap subtitles on the original and release it in America. They don't remake animes.



That's cause anime is really considered only to those who watch it on T.V,they do not think the American audience is large for it,and nobody likes reading subtitles,not even Asians or any other race for that matter, who I have seen watching American movies with subtitles like to watch them like that.


Very true, however, I love subtitles........... that is until I learn Japanese and Korean, then ta hell with hardsubbing.

71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 1/23/09

sakurablooms13 wrote:

Personally I HATE it when I hear people say ''Oh,another sucky American remake,like seriously do you guys know what it means for it to be a ''HOLLYWOOD" Remake? That is really good news,that means that something from the original caught the american directors or producers eye. It is edited in a way for the American audience,not for anyone else.All these fans say this and that about remakes,I agree not many remakes have come close to the original of any other movie out there, as well as dramas. I think the people that say they hate remakes are stupid,cause I mean there is the the Korean version of HYD,so now what they copied the Japanese version?(The reason I don't count meteor shower or whatever was because the original HYD came from Japan from the Manga),cause they(Korean directors/producers) couldn't come up with any new ideas,and they suck at dramas(not to mention they changed a lot of the things from the japanese version,but that was just so it would appeal to the Korean audience). So NO! Not at all do they suck at making movies or dramas! So STOP saying America can't come up with new things so they steal others ideas,it just makes you sound ignorant.


=======================================
Look at it this way as well, for the people who say America is not creative with their movies,is it not the same with Asia,who get most of their movies and dramas from Manga? Exactly,Don't be a hypocrite.
credit to TackeyFan.
========================================
Do You agree or disagree? Why?


Did you do your research? American director/producers are 'interested' in the original? The only way they are interested is finance-wise. And it is not the "American" directors/producers who are 'interested' but a copyright buyer, ROY LEE, who is seeking profit only. Therefore, they could care less about the quality of the film, which is what angers the majority of people who hate remakes. The movie industry in america as it was since 2003 was deteriorating; they had no new ideas. Why else would they do a remake? Duh. Bring in more money from foreign well-done films: which means they're bound to succeed or at least make more money. Yes they credit the original but only slightly. And the profit they make is much more than the original also. Its almost like expoitation.

I have no problem with remakes as long as it is as good as the original. Compare The Eye remake, My Sassy Girl remakes, etc to their original counterparts. NO WHERE as good. But look at The Departed. Its almost as good as the original, and won some awards also-because time was put into it so that it'll be of quality. You can tell the directors are genuinely interested in the original and it was not a Roy Lee copyright bought film, it was from the new director's interest. Whereas, the majority of films are slapped together because its bought from Roy Lee and they just want money.

I have to reiterate that for a time, Hollywood was running out of ideas, while Korean films and foreign films flourished. Thats because of their cultural historical context which produces new stories.

As for Asian remakes of another asian film such as Hana Yori Dango, thats no biggie because its based of a manga. There is no cultural difference that would change the storyline and make the fans hate it. The majority of Hollywood remakes have asian cultural ties that are lost when set in American environment and therefore the movie lacks substance, meaning and purpose.

Then there are films such as upcoming Dragon Ball Z where Goku is some whacky caucasian kid (ok, the anime has blone hair too, but it is mutually agreed that he's more "Asian"). And the film is obviously a terrible live action. Thus, another large group of fans are hating it.

And then there's the live-action of Street Fighter- blah.
And the live action of AVATAR. Well, the main character is obviously Asian, yet they're casting caucasians as the main characters and probably some asians on the side. AHEM! Who's racist? The directors are, not the audience or fans or asians.

Come on, this is just another way of westerners using, abusing, exploiting Asians for their goods and then 'dispose' of them when they're not wanted. This past racist historical act is happening again in this century under different circumstances: movies and copyrights...= money. The only interest they ever have with Asians are labor exploitation and goods. They see/saw asia with stereotypical eyes, labeled Asia(ns) with dehumanizing stereotypes and used them yet set them apart from society. GO STUDY YOUR HISTORY and get your facts straight first, before you post another ignorant opinion/view on a subject matter.
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 1/23/09
Oh and one more thing.

If they sooo had an interest in the original, why not just SHOW THE ORIGINAL? And if they ca't understand, find good voice actors or just subtitle it.

Does it hurt to see an asian lead cast on screen? Americans were perfectly fine watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with subtitles.

Did you also notice how asians are always the villain, sidekick, slut, whore? Yea...racist. All we want is just some credit to asians and minorities. I mean, look at 21. The movie is based on MIT college kids who are all asian with the asian professor, but the cast is changed to all white and one lazy asian guy-the bad role, again.

Are you that dense that you don't see the inequality and the true intentions behind most remakes and the history of 'east and west'?
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 1/23/09 , edited 1/23/09

Maguri wrote:


inluvwitdestiny wrote:


cooo wrote:

I DISAGREE COZ AMERICAN REMAKE SUX AND THEIR WILL RUIN THE ORIGINAL


I don't get why people say things like "it will ruin the original". Although it's the same storyline, how does it ruin the original? The original's already out there, people like it. In fact, people like it so much they're making another one. The new one might turn out bad, but it won't affect how good the original is.

But I also think too many remakes of the same thing gets boring. No need to make a HYD for every single country. It's like watching the same movie 10 times in a row. There might be small differences you notice every time that you didn't notice before, but the story and ending is the same. Besides that, most American remakes, compared to the Asian originals, are worse.


"I completely agree. First off, Hollywood is the center of the universe when it comes to entertainment. No country even comes close, and I mean NO COUNTRY. When it comes to the best writers, directors, producers, and actors, the US easily wins, hands down. Sure they make some crappy stuff, but when you are making so many movies and shows every year, not everything is going to be Oscar worthy. As far as remakes go, you do realize almost all of the great filmmakers around the world see Hollywood as their influence. So if you're going to complain about a country who may have 4-5 remakes in a year in which they produce hundreds of original work, you're just hating."


I agree, the whole point to making a remake is to not have it the exactly the same, thats why its called a remake. And its not like you have to watch the remake. But yes I also agree that if its made into a remake to many times, its almost like watching the same thing over and over again. Though I do kind of like Korean version of HYD, all the actors and actresses are all very good at what they do. If you know that the remake is going to be bad then just don't watch it, its that simple. And I have to agree that yes most of the time when Hollywood remakes a movie its normally almost always way off from the original and a lot worse than the original movie. But its also good that Hollywood makes a remake of it. Because then the original gets more viewing and gets more hype and money, and a lot more recognition. Even though the remake may be totally different from the original I still think that the director and the maker of the original are probably pretty happy because their movie was the one to be picked for a remake by Hollywood.


If you're an avid film watcher, you know that being picked by Hollywood or MTV isn't all that, as they make the lower quality films. It is the film companies outside of Hollywood in America that makes the good movies. For example, its more honorable to have a movie remade by Brad Pitt's indie-ish company rather than Hollywood ones.
1575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / BrisneyLand
Offline
Posted 1/23/09

sakurablooms13 wrote:

Personally I HATE it when I hear people say ''Oh,another sucky American remake,like seriously do you guys know what it means for it to be a ''HOLLYWOOD" Remake? That is really good news,that means that something from the original caught the american directors or producers eye. It is edited in a way for the American audience,not for anyone else.All these fans say this and that about remakes,I agree not many remakes have come close to the original of any other movie out there, as well as dramas. I think the people that say they hate remakes are stupid,cause I mean there is the the Korean version of HYD,so now what they copied the Japanese version?(The reason I don't count meteor shower or whatever was because the original HYD came from Japan from the Manga),cause they(Korean directors/producers) couldn't come up with any new ideas,and they suck at dramas(not to mention they changed a lot of the things from the japanese version,but that was just so it would appeal to the Korean audience). So NO! Not at all do they suck at making movies or dramas! So STOP saying America can't come up with new things so they steal others ideas,it just makes you sound ignorant.


=======================================
Look at it this way as well, for the people who say America is not creative with their movies,is it not the same with Asia,who get most of their movies and dramas from Manga? Exactly,Don't be a hypocrite.
credit to TackeyFan.
========================================
Do You agree or disagree? Why?


AGREE

To me, it's a complement that the Americans want to borrow an idea from the Asians. It's only uplifting the profile of Asian dramas/movies - expanding Asians' creatively to other places.

Also, the money that the Americans pay to the creators will benefit the Asian entertainment industry, and ultimately: the fans! Why?...Because the creators would be motivated to produce even better stories, perhaps even invest in more money in a project...and the end result is: YOU get better Asian movies/drams and more choices!

Yes, nothing beats the original, because most American versions are mainly targeted towards the 'American' audience, so obviously, they'll have to make adjustments to market it successfully for that type of customer base.

The true 'die-hard fans' of the original...have the original!
If you don't like remakes, don't watch it - simple as that.


1466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 1/23/09 , edited 1/23/09
uhhmmm,, personally i have no issue about remakes [anymore] since many people are already doing it [and as long as they do remakes descently]..whether they're asians or americans...

what i hate about hollywood movies doing asian stuff is when they don't let asians play the "asian part"...
the part for asians should be played by asians....
like the DRAGON BALL Z LIVE ACTION..seriously,, when did GOKU and BULMA became americans??...

there are other hollywood movies that are like that...
219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/23/09 , edited 1/23/09
I don't hate America, I dislike remakes.
It really has nothing to do with what country the movie or whatever is from,whether it be Korea or Argentina,I just like originals.
And another reason why Hollywood is beginning to look dumb,is that its obvious that they are following an asian trend with the repeated remakes of movies that sometimes take place in asia (Japan mostly- JU ON=The Grudge,random white people in it and most everyone can speak english when realisticly,98% of natives in Japan cannot speak english,same goes for Shutter which took place in Japan,but is actually originally a Thai movie,the hells up with that?)
Although The Ring was actually a pretty good American remake,and did very well as one of the best horror movies that America has spun out since 6th sense,before even getting onto the topic of the original movie,the book (Ringu, Spiral)is better.
Its just like how I don't usually like movies if I read the books,(ex- Battle Royale, V for Vendetta,Choke, and I probably won't like Watchmen either) because I pay close attention to details,and changing one detail can ruin the whole thing for me.
A Tale Of Two Sisters was an absolute favorite of mine,so of course I'd be irritated that it'd be remade with terrible acting,that's right,terrible.Also,they once again,so ridiculously changed the storyline which to be honest is what made it interesting,because this movie was more of a suspense than horror.(Which is The Uninvited)
The Eye was a very good Cmovie,and the only thing that they pretty much kept the same about the remake was the horror scenes,ridiculous.
Old Boy,another great movie,is also being remade,which of course cannot be that great,even if Will Smith is to play the lead,being a family oriented guy,I doubt he will agree to do certain scenes thus ending up changing the script and ruining the whole story.With a movie as amazingly wonderful,and brilliantly written as Old Boy,these changes will kill it,and I mean kill it.

I guess however if you haven't seen or read the original it can't be quite bad (Example: I AM LEGEND,I did not read the book,so it was decent,my best friend however read it,and said that the movie was very disappointing,go figure)

I really like movies and books,but my final word would be,because of the cultural difference in the world and our movies,the remakes will never be the same.So those of you saying that theres no difference,are terribly wrong and probably don't know anything about film or novels for that matter.
5722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / my world...
Offline
Posted 1/23/09 , edited 1/23/09

kismetsu wrote:


sakurablooms13 wrote:

Personally I HATE it when I hear people say ''Oh,another sucky American remake,like seriously do you guys know what it means for it to be a ''HOLLYWOOD" Remake? That is really good news,that means that something from the original caught the american directors or producers eye. It is edited in a way for the American audience,not for anyone else.All these fans say this and that about remakes,I agree not many remakes have come close to the original of any other movie out there, as well as dramas. I think the people that say they hate remakes are stupid,cause I mean there is the the Korean version of HYD,so now what they copied the Japanese version?(The reason I don't count meteor shower or whatever was because the original HYD came from Japan from the Manga),cause they(Korean directors/producers) couldn't come up with any new ideas,and they suck at dramas(not to mention they changed a lot of the things from the japanese version,but that was just so it would appeal to the Korean audience). So NO! Not at all do they suck at making movies or dramas! So STOP saying America can't come up with new things so they steal others ideas,it just makes you sound ignorant.


=======================================
Look at it this way as well, for the people who say America is not creative with their movies,is it not the same with Asia,who get most of their movies and dramas from Manga? Exactly,Don't be a hypocrite.
credit to TackeyFan.
========================================
Do You agree or disagree? Why?


Did you do your research? American director/producers are 'interested' in the original? The only way they are interested is finance-wise. And it is not the "American" directors/producers who are 'interested' but a copyright buyer, ROY LEE, who is seeking profit only. Therefore, they could care less about the quality of the film, which is what angers the majority of people who hate remakes. The movie industry in america as it was since 2003 was deteriorating; they had no new ideas. Why else would they do a remake? Duh. Bring in more money from foreign well-done films: which means they're bound to succeed or at least make more money. Yes they credit the original but only slightly. And the profit they make is much more than the original also. Its almost like expoitation.

I have no problem with remakes as long as it is as good as the original. Compare The Eye remake, My Sassy Girl remakes, etc to their original counterparts. NO WHERE as good. But look at The Departed. Its almost as good as the original, and won some awards also-because time was put into it so that it'll be of quality. You can tell the directors are genuinely interested in the original and it was not a Roy Lee copyright bought film, it was from the new director's interest. Whereas, the majority of films are slapped together because its bought from Roy Lee and they just want money.

I have to reiterate that for a time, Hollywood was running out of ideas, while Korean films and foreign films flourished. Thats because of their cultural historical context which produces new stories.

As for Asian remakes of another asian film such as Hana Yori Dango, thats no biggie because its based of a manga. There is no cultural difference that would change the storyline and make the fans hate it. The majority of Hollywood remakes have asian cultural ties that are lost when set in American environment and therefore the movie lacks substance, meaning and purpose.

Then there are films such as upcoming Dragon Ball Z where Goku is some whacky caucasian kid (ok, the anime has blone hair too, but it is mutually agreed that he's more "Asian"). And the film is obviously a terrible live action. Thus, another large group of fans are hating it.

And then there's the live-action of Street Fighter- blah.
And the live action of AVATAR. Well, the main character is obviously Asian, yet they're casting caucasians as the main characters and probably some asians on the side. AHEM! Who's racist? The directors are, not the audience or fans or asians.

Come on, this is just another way of westerners using, abusing, exploiting Asians for their goods and then 'dispose' of them when they're not wanted. This past racist historical act is happening again in this century under different circumstances: movies and copyrights...= money. The only interest they ever have with Asians are labor exploitation and goods. They see/saw asia with stereotypical eyes, labeled Asia(ns) with dehumanizing stereotypes and used them yet set them apart from society. GO STUDY YOUR HISTORY and get your facts straight first, before you post another ignorant opinion/view on a subject matter.


EXACTLY!!!!! U ARE VERY SMART!!!! I agree with ur..um..4th paragraph about the lack of substance, meaning, and purpose..like for example IF america did a remake of hyd...it wouldn't make sense...how is the main guy supposed to go to new york and be millions of miles away from the girl if they just set it in america....the reason why hyd is popular whether tw, jp, or k is that it still has the asian touch....not being racist but see...a lot of people protested about zac efron being light...
I agree with u 100%
5722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / my world...
Offline
Posted 1/23/09

kismetsu wrote:

Oh and one more thing.

If they sooo had an interest in the original, why not just SHOW THE ORIGINAL? And if they ca't understand, find good voice actors or just subtitle it.

Does it hurt to see an asian lead cast on screen? Americans were perfectly fine watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with subtitles.

Did you also notice how asians are always the villain, sidekick, slut, whore? Yea...racist. All we want is just some credit to asians and minorities. I mean, look at 21. The movie is based on MIT college kids who are all asian with the asian professor, but the cast is changed to all white and one lazy asian guy-the bad role, again.

Are you that dense that you don't see the inequality and the true intentions behind most remakes and the history of 'east and west'?


that's another thing u are right about! we were watching like an investigation show like csi and stuff and surprise surprise...it always turns out to be the asian who's at fault and when my school watched a play about a chinese thing...the main character turned out to be played by some caucasian guy and everyone, even my caucasian classmates said that the play would be more effective if the main lead was played by an asian/chinese
3044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / lala land.
Offline
Posted 1/23/09
I agree
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 1/23/09

Baka-Master wrote:


VirAnimus wrote:

Remaking is evil...


explain please?? because i think what you are saying is bullshit -__-


chill man dont have a heart attack
Posted 1/23/09

babyluiscute wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


VirAnimus wrote:

Remaking is evil...


explain please?? because i think what you are saying is bullshit -__-


chill man dont have a heart attack


no need to chill just a question is that already forbidden aswell O______O
geez everytime i ASK someone to explain something the noob won't explain instead of that a another guy/girl is quoting me for nothing ~sigh~ the world is doomed TT_TT
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 1/23/09

Baka-Master wrote:


babyluiscute wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


VirAnimus wrote:

Remaking is evil...


explain please?? because i think what you are saying is bullshit -__-


chill man dont have a heart attack


no need to chill just a question is that already forbidden aswell O______O
geez everytime i ASK someone to explain something the noob won't explain instead of that a another guy/girl is quoting me for nothing ~sigh~ the world is doomed TT_TT


did i say it was fuckin forbidden?!!btw y would u call someone noob f u dnt even knoe them in person thats just effin stupid.im just saying u need to fckin chill u dnt have to annihilate.HOLLY
Posted 1/23/09

babyluiscute wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


babyluiscute wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


VirAnimus wrote:

Remaking is evil...


explain please?? because i think what you are saying is bullshit -__-


chill man dont have a heart attack


no need to chill just a question is that already forbidden aswell O______O
geez everytime i ASK someone to explain something the noob won't explain instead of that a another guy/girl is quoting me for nothing ~sigh~ the world is doomed TT_TT


did i say it was fuckin forbidden?!!btw y would u call someone noob f u dnt even knoe them in person thats just effin stupid.im just saying u need to fckin chill u dnt have to annihilate.HOLLY


1 i asked if that already was forbidded not that you said that it was forbidden =_=

2 why do i need to chill if i am only asking something??

3 its a noob i am sure of it ^__^
550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / philippines
Offline
Posted 1/23/09

Baka-Master wrote:


babyluiscute wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


babyluiscute wrote:


Baka-Master wrote:


VirAnimus wrote:

Remaking is evil...


explain please?? because i think what you are saying is bullshit -__-


chill man dont have a heart attack


no need to chill just a question is that already forbidden aswell O______O
geez everytime i ASK someone to explain something the noob won't explain instead of that a another guy/girl is quoting me for nothing ~sigh~ the world is doomed TT_TT


did i say it was fuckin forbidden?!!btw y would u call someone noob f u dnt even knoe them in person thats just effin stupid.im just saying u need to fckin chill u dnt have to annihilate.HOLLY


1 i asked if that already was forbidded not that you said that it was forbidden =_=

2 why do i need to chill if i am only asking something??

3 its a noob i am sure of it ^__^

ok sorry mr almighty

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.