First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Haters
Posted 1/22/09
Isn't there anything that can be done about this? people keep rating items 1stars just for the sake of it, to be annoying or because they simply don't like the avatar. I've seen some awesome items out there just put down to 2 stars because of these kind of people.
Posted 1/22/09 , edited 1/22/09
people are jealous. jealousy is part of human nature. either they will envy someone's talent, or awesome creation and consequently rate it down or they will admire it and praise it adequately.

can you do something against human nature? no.

besides that this is quite a subjective matter as everyone looks at those things from a different perspective and has different aesthetical feelings.

of course we could implement an idea where people will get automatically registered when they rate something and if someone seems to be quite active in rating down objects that don't deserve to be devalued then, adequate actions will be undertaken against that given individual.
this will make people think twice before doing such a thing and if they really want to take on the consequences of their actions.
Posted 1/22/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

people are jealous. jealousy is part of human nature. either they will envy someone's talent, or awesome creation and consequently rate it down or they will admire it and praise it adequately.

can you do something against human nature? no.

besides that this is quite a subjective matter as everyone looks at those things from a different perspective and has different aesthetical feelings.

of course we could implement an idea where people will get automatically registered when they rate something and if someone seems to be quite active in rating down objects that don't deserve to be devalued then, adequate actions will be undertaken against that given individual.
this will make people think twice before doing such a thing and if they really want to take on the consequences of their actions.


completely agree with you, thank you for your post I was thinking along the same lines of making a record of people voting and if it's got a very low rating average they should get there voting rights removed for a few days or so.
Member
24914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

stiffler2100 wrote:

Isn't there anything that can be done about this? people keep rating items 1stars just for the sake of it, to be annoying or because they simply don't like the avatar. I've seen some awesome items out there just put down to 2 stars because of these kind of people.


There are lovers and always haters.
It can't be helped, tough there are many reasons to hate Crunchyland.
If you compare it with other games it's .... =.=
Tough there are many haters because this game is developing too slow.
And your problem with 0.5 stars is not a big problem because
if they are good designed they will be approved lol.
7723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
Good to see that people do care about the material, posted. I happen to like CrunchyLand, for the fact that you can submit items. I love that about this site. Being able to go into a game, with items that I made. Not, just slapped together with parts in the game. But, physcially drew them. If these people knew how hard it was to make items, they wouldn't be so cold. Just because I can , doesn't mean I can to it.. in my sleep.

-Seeks
15779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Nuuk, Greenland
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
yeah man i'm also pissed to those who don't rate farely >.<
Moderator
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 1/25/09
lol well.... you guys can call me a hater if you want to... but i'm not a fan of the shark person.... it's just creeeeeepy to me... (remember i'm old enough to have seen JAWS in the theater.... on it's first showing) so yeah... i just don't approve items for it (i'm know i'm terrible) but seriously, it creeps me out... so i leave those items for the other mods...


sorry seeker, i know you made it and all, but just... *shudders*

i like everything else you've made seeker!
Santar 
50718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Modesto, California
Online
Posted 1/25/09

Dusterbayala wrote:

lol well.... you guys can call me a hater if you want to... but i'm not a fan of the shark person.... it's just creeeeeepy to me... (remember i'm old enough to have seen JAWS in the theater.... on it's first showing) so yeah... i just don't approve items for it (i'm know i'm terrible) but seriously, it creeps me out... so i leave those items for the other mods...


sorry seeker, i know you made it and all, but just... *shudders*

i like everything else you've made seeker!


Hater :p

but nah, I think I can understand your reasoning, I think I'd probably feel the same way about a spider person (and not like spider man, i mean like a real spider, with 8 legs and buggy eyes and everything), of course because you're a CRL mod, it does make it seem a little mean that you won't approve them, because now, there's just shark items on the pending list (aside from those 2 items that never leave the list). I'm sure Seeker'll have her own comment for ya too Duster, but yea, I'm just bored because she's not on aim to talk to and I have no life, so meh.
Moderator
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 1/25/09

Santar wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:

lol well.... you guys can call me a hater if you want to... but i'm not a fan of the shark person.... it's just creeeeeepy to me... (remember i'm old enough to have seen JAWS in the theater.... on it's first showing) so yeah... i just don't approve items for it (i'm know i'm terrible) but seriously, it creeps me out... so i leave those items for the other mods...


sorry seeker, i know you made it and all, but just... *shudders*

i like everything else you've made seeker!


Hater :p

but nah, I think I can understand your reasoning, I think I'd probably feel the same way about a spider person (and not like spider man, i mean like a real spider, with 8 legs and buggy eyes and everything), of course because you're a CRL mod, it does make it seem a little mean that you won't approve them, because now, there's just shark items on the pending list (aside from those 2 items that never leave the list). I'm sure Seeker'll have her own comment for ya too Duster, but yea, I'm just bored because she's not on aim to talk to and I have no life, so meh.


ha! see here's the problem... i have to actually LOOK at the item when approving it... and seriously, the shark person gives me nightmares... because .. well... gah that's a long story.. but long story short, it freaks me the hell out... so i just don't look at them, gun's usually on in a little while, so he'll prolly approve those items...
7723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/25/09
I am sorry that you don't like Sharks. But you know.. That its actually Coconuts, you should fear.. -Seeker
Moderator
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 1/26/09

Seekerthefallen wrote:

I am sorry that you don't like Sharks. But you know.. That its actually Coconuts, you should fear.. -Seeker


i DO fear coconuts! i'm allergic as hell to them! ^.^ tbh, i had nightmares last night..... but it wasn't sharks... it was ... well, i was protecting vampires and my old boyfriend from high school was trying to kill them, and me, since i was in the way... (he's very good with knives btw) so it was a little disconcerting...
29650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Rawr!
Offline
Posted 1/26/09

Dusterbayala wrote:


Seekerthefallen wrote:

I am sorry that you don't like Sharks. But you know.. That its actually Coconuts, you should fear.. -Seeker


i DO fear coconuts! i'm allergic as hell to them! ^.^ tbh, i had nightmares last night..... but it wasn't sharks... it was ... well, i was protecting vampires and my old boyfriend from high school was trying to kill them, and me, since i was in the way... (he's very good with knives btw) so it was a little disconcerting...


all i heard was

i fear coconuts! i'm allergic to nightmares, last night it wasn't sharks, it was vampires and my old boyfriend, trying to kill me, since i was in the way, he's a little disconcerting

you poor thing *pats head*
Moderator
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 1/26/09

Xaszx wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:


Seekerthefallen wrote:

I am sorry that you don't like Sharks. But you know.. That its actually Coconuts, you should fear.. -Seeker


i DO fear coconuts! i'm allergic as hell to them! ^.^ tbh, i had nightmares last night..... but it wasn't sharks... it was ... well, i was protecting vampires and my old boyfriend from high school was trying to kill them, and me, since i was in the way... (he's very good with knives btw) so it was a little disconcerting...


all i heard was

i fear coconuts! i'm allergic to nightmares, last night it wasn't sharks, it was vampires and my old boyfriend, trying to kill me, since i was in the way, he's a little disconcerting

you poor thing *pats head*


yeah.... that about covers it... ^.^
Posted 1/26/09

Dusterbayala wrote:

lol well.... you guys can call me a hater if you want to... but i'm not a fan of the shark person.... it's just creeeeeepy to me... (remember i'm old enough to have seen JAWS in the theater.... on it's first showing) so yeah... i just don't approve items for it (i'm know i'm terrible) but seriously, it creeps me out... so i leave those items for the other mods...


sorry seeker, i know you made it and all, but just... *shudders*

i like everything else you've made seeker!


Hater! items should be approved on the quality of the item:P not because it's to do with sharks :'(
Moderator
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 1/26/09

stiffler2100 wrote:


Dusterbayala wrote:

lol well.... you guys can call me a hater if you want to... but i'm not a fan of the shark person.... it's just creeeeeepy to me... (remember i'm old enough to have seen JAWS in the theater.... on it's first showing) so yeah... i just don't approve items for it (i'm know i'm terrible) but seriously, it creeps me out... so i leave those items for the other mods...


sorry seeker, i know you made it and all, but just... *shudders*

i like everything else you've made seeker!


Hater! items should be approved on the quality of the item:P not because it's to do with sharks :'(


hey i don't UNAPPROVE them, i just don't look at them at all... i leave them for another mod to do... I can't handle looking at the darned thing..

I wonder.... if i drank some, if i'd be ok with looking at it... hmmmmmmmm.... **wonders how much hard cider she has at home**
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.