First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Manhua
15386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
After reading The One, 1/2 Prince and Flower Ring, I'm starting to get into manhua.

For those who don't know, manhua is the Chinese equal to Japanese manga. That's it.

So don't post manga or manwha (the Korean equal). ONLY manhua.

Which you LIKE. Don't state just a title, but also a small summary.
29707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Singaporeee
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
i like all MANGAS ! ;D
Posted 1/22/09

Rukia wrote:
Don't state just a title, but also a small summary.


Shouldn't you do that as well?
15386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

skeletons wrote:


Rukia wrote:
Don't state just a title, but also a small summary.


Shouldn't you do that as well?


I said I was starting to get into it, but I didn't recommend any manhua -_-
Posted 1/22/09

Rukia wrote:


skeletons wrote:


Rukia wrote:
Don't state just a title, but also a small summary.


Shouldn't you do that as well?


I said I was starting to get into it, but I didn't recommend any manhua -_-


Not to be rude, but if all you're asking for are recommendations, wouldn't a look through the favorites thread be better?

& I'm not sure why you didn't recommend a series when that's what this thread is about. You say you're only just getting into it. That's understandable; we were all beginners at some point. However, if you're interested in discovering more, then that must mean there had to have been a series you read and liked.
15386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/22/09 , edited 1/22/09

skeletons wrote:


Rukia wrote:


skeletons wrote:


Rukia wrote:
Don't state just a title, but also a small summary.


Shouldn't you do that as well?


I said I was starting to get into it, but I didn't recommend any manhua -_-


Not to be rude, but if all you're asking for are recommendations, wouldn't a look through the favorites thread be better?

& I'm not sure why you didn't recommend a series when that's what this thread is about. You say you're only just getting into it. That's understandable; we were all beginners at some point. However, if you're interested in discovering more, then that must mean there had to have been a series you read and liked.


Excuse me, you ARE being rude. As for your information, I'm not a beginner in manga. I'm a beginner in manhua. If you have the time to play moderator please read the OP untill the content has gone into your head. If you knew basic English you should've understand the reason for this thread from the OP from the beginning and refrained from posting annoying wannabe-mod posts.

I was asking for recommendations for MANHUA since I was starting to get into it I want people to recommend me manhua they've read. Not manga. Therefore I don't want to use the Favorites thread as I want people to see it's MANHUA I want. Again NOT manga, which is what that thread is about. It's a thread about MANGA-favorites which is NOT what I'm interested in.

Learn the difference.
Posted 1/22/09

Rukia wrote:
Excuse me, you ARE being rude. As for your information, I'm not a beginner in manga. I'm a beginner in manhua. If you have the time to play moderator please read the OP untill the content has gone into your head. If you knew basic English you should've understand the reason for this thread from the OP from the beginning and refrained from posting annoying wannabe-mod posts.

I was asking for recommendations for MANHUA since I was starting to get into it I want people to recommend me manhua they've read. Not manga. Therefore I don't want to use the Favorites thread as I want people to see it's MANHUA I want. Again NOT manga, which is what that thread is about. It's a thread about MANGA-favorites which is NOT what I'm interested in.

Learn the difference.


I'm honestly not being mean - and it wasn't my intention at all; I apologize that it struck a nerve with you.

I can understand English perfectly fine. & I'm well aware of the different between manga/manhua/manhwa. I never said you were a beginner in manga. I understood you perfectly. Perhaps I should have worded my response differently?

All I suggested was that, since you appear to have read manhua (and therefore have developed an interest in it), you should have included some titles you've come across already. That's all.

Though the favorites thread does favor manga, you can find both manhua and manhwa mentions.
14619 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 1/22/09
i only know MANGAS sorry
15386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Norway
Offline
Posted 1/22/09

skeletons wrote:


Rukia wrote:
Excuse me, you ARE being rude. As for your information, I'm not a beginner in manga. I'm a beginner in manhua. If you have the time to play moderator please read the OP untill the content has gone into your head. If you knew basic English you should've understand the reason for this thread from the OP from the beginning and refrained from posting annoying wannabe-mod posts.

I was asking for recommendations for MANHUA since I was starting to get into it I want people to recommend me manhua they've read. Not manga. Therefore I don't want to use the Favorites thread as I want people to see it's MANHUA I want. Again NOT manga, which is what that thread is about. It's a thread about MANGA-favorites which is NOT what I'm interested in.

Learn the difference.


I'm honestly not being mean - and it wasn't my intention at all; I apologize that it struck a nerve with you.

I can understand English perfectly fine. & I'm well aware of the different between manga/manhua/manhwa. I never said you were a beginner in manga. I understood you perfectly. Perhaps I should have worded my response differently?

All I suggested was that, since you appear to have read manhua (and therefore have developed an interest in it), you should have included some titles you've come across already. That's all.

Though the favorites thread does favor manga, you can find both manhua and manhwa mentions.


I apologize if I seem mad or pissed, however I AM insulted and people who are playing moderators really go on my nerves especially when there are obvious reasons for them not to even comment on people and they misunderstand the intention for the thread because they did not read the thread-title, description and post carefully enough. My thread has a meaning, obvious content and own parallell intention to other Favorites-thread, therefore I was right in posting this separately in its own thread and you had no reason to even post something that had nothing to do with what I asked for.

I was actually doubting if I should post this thread if I encountered people like you, however I thought I made it clear through the title, description and post that this was not a dupe (I browsed the manga-section to check and there was none other thread like this) so there should be no way people would misunderstand and make a sassy comment about something I wrote, like try to redirect me to the Favorites-thread or something like that. But obviously I was wrong.

If you understood me perfectly why are you asking me to include some titles I've already read when I've already done so in the OP? And also, if you did read the OP I asked for people to recommend me manhua. So I, the OP has no need to post summaries.

As for the Favorites-thread it's the fricking Bermuda Triangle in there. You can't expect people to see excactly my post. Once someone new posts, my post is long forgotten. And what you say are 'mentions'. I don't care for 'mentions'. I care for people to focus only on manhua.

About wordifying your reply, maybe you should. It makes you seem hostile and what you are doing is simply scaring people from posting in the forums. Me in the other hand is insulted, so of course I'm hostile. If you want to irk on something, refrain from doing so by using your common sense. I've been through many threads where I've come over wannabe-mods who are seriously making it uncomfortable for people in the forums by making such small comments for no sensable reason whatsoever. That was what you did and that is enough reason for me to report you to the real moderators.

Posted 1/23/09
auch up there was a big disscusion ehh XD

~topic

manhua ehh altough i am chinese i have never heard about it o__o but i'll look for it :3
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/23/09 , edited 1/23/09
Lol, I've never even heard of manhua before, I realize there must be some, maybe a few titles I've read before are manhua, I don't know.

As for skeletons point, topics that go "HEY GUYS HOW ARE YOU?" then inside the thread just go "HEY GUYS HOW ARE YOU" are a bit redundant. Asking a question is one half of a thread, answering it is another, examples are always welcome. Remember on CR you own a thread forever once you make it and there can only be one first post! It's a lot of pressure to live up to.

What are some manhua titles? Like I said maybe I've read some before and just don't know it!
Posted 1/23/09
Manhua SUCKS!
Posted 1/23/09

riavan wrote:
As for skeletons point, topics that go "HEY GUYS HOW ARE YOU?" then inside the thread just go "HEY GUYS HOW ARE YOU" are a bit redundant. Asking a question is one half of a thread, answering it is another, examples are always welcome. Remember on CR you own a thread forever once you make it and there can only be one first post! It's a lot of pressure to live up to.

Thank you.

& Rukia, I'm well aware how the forum works. This will be my third year as a member (lokita was my old username). There's no need to try and 'scare' me. I've never referred to myself as a mini-mod/wannabe-mod, nor do I ever want to be an actual mod.


If you understood me perfectly why are you asking me to include some titles I've already read when I've already done so in the OP? And also, if you did read the OP I asked for people to recommend me manhua. So I, the OP has no need to post summaries.

I really don't know what is so hard to understand about this. You made a thread about manhua. It would only make sense for you to actually contribute to your thread. & please don't reply - yet again - saying that you're just getting into it. We've been through that discussion already. You already included titles in your post. Why didn't you also include summaries? You specifically mentioned everyone else needed to include summaries, what makes you exempt from that?

Anyway, I stay away from manhua, since it tends to be either martial arts series or shoujo (neither of which I'm particularly fond of), yet one series my friends enjoy is called Youth Gone Wild.

Yating was working in a recording company until she was fired by her boss (a famous movie actress with a spoiled temperament). Discouraged and jobless, Yating decided to work in a pub where a famous group called "Gangster" regularly played. Along the way, she gets to meet this guy who has the most divine voice. Yating's luck then began to change when her uncle decides to retire and set up his own record company. He asks her to join in his ambition to create the most famous rock group in Taiwan. This is the story of how Yating, being the new manager, tried to create the ultimate rock band!
1718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / EUROPE, AUT
Offline
Posted 2/27/09

Baka-Master wrote:

auch up there was a big disscusion ehh XD

~topic

manhua ehh altough i am chinese i have never heard about it o__o but i'll look for it :3


The One
Show me the money
Billion Princess

are all manhua. The One is REALLY good.
11805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Sιиgαρσяε
Offline
Posted 3/2/09
do u mean by 漫画
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.