First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply PhotoFiltre Basics! :D
Posted 1/24/09 , edited 1/28/09
MAY TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD.
*EDIT: saved in .jpg form and so will be a little faster :3 (thankshu TinaYoshi + roflgod ^^)
Program:
PhotoFiltre
Comments:
It would be awesome if you post your design here to see how much my tutorial helped ^^

Here is the picture I used for the examples:




MAY TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD -- 127 examples in all ^^
EXAMPLES

MORE WILL BE COMING SOON. have not finished uploading examples...
total hours so far... 2 hours + 2 hours = 4 hours
Creator
22681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / E-arth
Offline
Posted 1/24/09 , edited 2/2/09






Woah nice tutorial looks very informative, great addition! ^___^

Is there anyway you can get a smaller file size?
I know you stated it'll take awhile to load, but I think you could make it at least somewhat faster? I mean you don't have to but I'd recommend it X3 (or I could do it for you if you like ^^)

Cuz' when I checked the file size of it, its like 10-11MB which is really really big for an image file, a little to big (In my opinion XD)
(btw I'm not talking about doing that for you little images of artistic effects, I'm just talking about doing it for the main tutorial)

Changing it to the highest quality jpg would make the image load incredily faster. (1.8MB I just tested it... it'll look better then my tutorials since I used a slightly compressed jpg ^^;)
And maybe have the PNG version of it in a spoiler incase people don't want the slight blur effect that jpgs love to do?

Ahahah sorry I wrote alot XD
Posted 1/24/09

TinaYoshi wrote:

Woah nice tutorial looks very informative, great addition! ^___^

Is there anyway you can get a smaller file size?
I know you stated it'll take awhile to load, but I think you could make it at least somewhat faster? I mean you don't have to but I'd recommend it X3 (or I could do it for you if you like ^^)

Cuz' when I checked the file size of it, its like 10-11MB which is really really big for an image file, a little to big (In my opinion XD)
(btw I'm not talking about doing that for you little images of artistic effects, I'm just talking about doing it for the main tutorial)

Changing it to the highest quality jpg would make the image load incredily faster. (1.8MB I just tested it... it'll look better then my tutorials since I used a slightly compressed jpg ^^;)
And maybe have the PNG version of it in a spoiler incase people don't want the slight blur effect that jpgs love to do?

Ahahah sorry I wrote alot XD

um.. understood ^^
~ i think ;3
but, instead of saving it in .jpg form (since i dont like to save it as that.. it ruins the image :\ ) ill just separate the entire tutorial into different layers :)
Moderator
1121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / idk maybe im home...
Offline
Posted 1/27/09
when i save as jpg i set it to highest quality so there is no compression and the image does not get ruined and it doesn't lag while loading
Posted 1/28/09

Roflgod wrote:

when i save as jpg i set it to highest quality so there is no compression and the image does not get ruined and it doesn't lag while loading

mm.. okay :)
-- nice avii btw x]
Moderator
1121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / idk maybe im home...
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

mina_yuki wrote:


Roflgod wrote:

when i save as jpg i set it to highest quality so there is no compression and the image does not get ruined and it doesn't lag while loading

mm.. okay :)
-- nice avii btw x]


thanks lol
Posted 1/28/09

Roflgod wrote:

thanks lol

mhm ^^ you're welcome
~ simple is the new trend ;D
Moderator
1121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / idk maybe im home...
Offline
Posted 1/28/09

mina_yuki wrote:


Roflgod wrote:

thanks lol

mhm ^^ you're welcome
~ simple is the new trend ;D


nice you changed it to jpg, a lot better
Posted 1/28/09

Roflgod wrote:

nice you changed it to jpg, a lot better


mhm ~ changed accordingly to help from other mods :3
Creator
22681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / E-arth
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

mina_yuki wrote:


Roflgod wrote:

nice you changed it to jpg, a lot better


mhm ~ changed accordingly to help from other mods :3


Thanks a lot it loads so much faster!
Posted 2/1/09

TinaYoshi wrote:

Thanks a lot it loads so much faster! :D

lol you're welcome ^^
~ but should i leave the examples there or should i take them off? (there are still many more left and they're all saved in .png form)
Creator
22681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / E-arth
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

mina_yuki wrote:


TinaYoshi wrote:

Thanks a lot it loads so much faster! :D

lol you're welcome ^^
~ but should i leave the examples there or should i take them off? (there are still many more left and they're all saved in .png form)


^^
No just leave them as they are, I think they're fine ^^
Posted 2/1/09

TinaYoshi wrote:

^^
No just leave them as they are, I think they're fine ^^

okays :)
~ but should i still upload the rest?
(sorry about the many questions.. ^^;)
Creator
22681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / E-arth
Offline
Posted 2/1/09

mina_yuki wrote:


TinaYoshi wrote:

^^
No just leave them as they are, I think they're fine ^^

okays :)
~ but should i still upload the rest?
(sorry about the many questions.. ^^;)


Sure go ahead ^___^
Its not as big a deal, since they are all smaller files. (and problbly by the time people are done looking at the tutorial a good majority will be done loading ^^)

No its fine, I don't mind at all
Posted 2/1/09

TinaYoshi wrote:

Sure go ahead ^___^
Its not as big a deal, since they are all smaller files. (and problbly by the time people are done looking at the tutorial a good majority will be done loading ^^)

No its fine, I don't mind at all :D

lol okay then thank you ^^ ~
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.